3 27.27%
  • Danilo Gallinari

6 54.55%
  • They are both very overrated.

2 18.18%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs. Toronto Raptors Game Thread 1/15/2010

Originally Posted by BlackH20
    Players don't stay there long, 60 plus % taxes on your salary (but free healthcare like we are going to get, except NBA players get free healthcare, don't usually do not take the teams physician, most top orthopedic physicians will operate for free for their name in the paper, going to want to be a pro athlete physician, a couple million minimum, that means you pay the team and treat for free, Canada or U.S.). Even if your making 50K a year, 40% gone. Yankee's team physicians probably pay over 5 million to treat for free. Then all the normal patients say, I go to the Yankee's team physician. Sports dirty secret!

Going to Canada, is like taking a big cut in pay, no major league baseball or NBA basketball player doesn't want to be there very long, so team turnover rates are the highest.

I believe the Blue Jays one a world series, with some veterans back in the nineties, Andre Dawson rings a bell. Hockey, well they own that, but even the superstars will come south for the salary boost sometime in their career. Back to 48 hours, I can't watch. Sorry about the long rant.
    Well that explains why Tracy Mcgrady and Alonzo Mourning didn't want to play there.I don't blame them though, who would want to play in a country in which hockey is the number one sport?

Hey!We got it to singles digits at least at the end!

Who am I kidding.Terrible first half.

duhon doesn't pass the ball to gallinari if he misses a shot. he goes minutes at a time without touching the ball. the best shooter on the team. explain that.

and lol@lee's reaction after that dunk in the 1st

I hate the fact that we gave up such an early lead, but I do give us some props for clawing our way back to single digits. Gallo's numbers were real solid.

I love how as soon as there is a "Chandler is overrated" thread, he has one of the worst games he's had all year.

BTW anyone see the Hawks-Suns game? Crawford just hit a Game winning 3. Dude is doing magic for the Hawks.

Default why is duhon playing at all?

Another Knick loss attributable to Chris Duhound's remarkable PG play:
    37 minutes, 4 points... wtf?

David Lee: 48 minutes, 25 points, 14 rebounds, 9 assists = all star stats

Gallo, Lee and Harrington = only players in double figures. SMH

what happened to Jared Jefferies and his great defense?
    too bad Wilson got into foul trouble, that guy is over-rated (wink)...

Demar DeRozan looked pretty damn good... another starting rookie we passed over, making an impact... so much for Jordan DNP Hill.

Why is Douglas sitting while Knicks are getting blown out on Dee?
    C'mon D'amntoni!!!

oh sh*t, Crawford just won game for Hawks vs Suns with last second 3. that guy is over-rated too...

crap.

This loss wasn't all Duhon's fault, but it's clear that he isn't even good enough to come off the bench.I HATE every time they show the picture of the starting line-up minutes before the games start and I see this infamous picture:

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    This loss wasn't all Duhon's fault, but it's clear that he isn't even good enough to come off the bench.I HATE every time they show the picture of the starting line-up minutes before the games start and I see this infamous picture:

I have no problem with DuDonkey coming off the bench. However, I cannot stand this imbecile as our starting PG. He continuly misses wide open layups, and finds ways to kill our momentum. At the end of the 3rd quarter he turns the ball over which leads to DeRozan free throws. Instead of bringing the lead down to 9, it goes back up to 13. Thanks DUDONKEY.

Even in the fourth there were times when he was determined to make sure a red hot Gallo would not even touch the ball. SMH, when can we get augustine? or a REAL starting pg??

I'm pretty sure we can get a retired or D-League player willing to attempt to finish at the basket and not be as slow as him.

Avon, Colorado, deep in the Rockies, played ball in St. Louis

You left out Duhon's 4 turnovers, great point guard took Cleveland through the whole East a few years ago, Larry Hughes, averages 14 points last 12 years,
    in the Robinson suite for a month I guess. Saw him whispering in Robinson's ear and they were just laughing, this coach has blown this year and is blowing any chance of getting any player to want to play under him next year. Players want to win. D'Antonio is on a power trip that is so stupid at this point in the Knicks history, why doesn't that great New York media even mention this crime.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Epic performance by Wilson Chandler.

We should lock him up, give him the MAX. Who needs LeBron.

Remember the time we had a chance to get Iverson

I watched the entire game, it was not as close as the score shows. total blowout and you can attribute it to duhon on the offensive side. he blatently ignores red hot gallo. he will pass to d.lee even if he's 12 feet from the basket and double teamed and gallo is wide open for a three. wtf. Even my girlfriend who knows nothing about basketball noticed, it's THAT obvious.

Also we had no defense in the paint against barngani. Dlee is a good offensive player but he can't defend in the paint very well. He has 13 blocks all season, as a center, are you kidding me? that's terrible.

Jose calderon had an amazing game. I think he would make a great fit in new york.

Also, as a canadian I can answer some questions about the payment. No you don't lose nearly half your pay if you play here, i don't know where you are getting your info. and any money you do lose in taxes, you're making up in the exchange rate for the american dollars you're getting paid. Typically players don't like to play in canada because it's typically a smaller market for any sport that's not hockey. And it's ****in cold.

oh and the blue jays won two world series in the 90's. jose canseco.

What the hell are we going to do for PG next year? Steve Blake?

What the hell are we going to do for SG next year? Chandler?

What the hell are we going to do for C next year? Resign Lee?

When the f*ck is Jeffries going to be traded?

Hell even that Gaines kid Utah pulled out of the D-league looks better than Duhon in 9 minutes of play...