Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knicks at Pistons 1/16 7:30

duhon needs to tear his acl or sumthin....break his neck or sumthin

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Our starting SG played 40 minutes tonite folks.

33% FG shooting
    5 turnovers
    and get beat on defense.

Epic performance.
    You want to know an epic performace? How about Chris Dudonkey? The more this guy plays the more highly I think of him.

@ Toons: get dudonkey off your sig, your making dlee look bad that he has to share the spotlight with him

Even with horrible streakyness in his offense, I think I MUCH prefer Larry Hughes than Duhon. Larry at least gives us consistent 110% effort on D. Everytime a big man gets ready to back someone down, you can gaurentee larry will sneak up on him to go for that steal. You don't need to put him on for offense, since its not like duhon provides any offense on a consistent basis anyway. Bench Duhon for good, give douglas some play time with nate and larry.

And for gods sakes, start using Douglas, even for short periods of time.

Originally Posted by Torp
    Even with horrible streakyness in his offense, I think I MUCH prefer Larry Hughes than Duhon. Larry at least gives us consistent 110% effort on D. Everytime a big man gets ready to back someone down, you can gaurentee larry will sneak up on him to go for that steal. You don't need to put him on for offense, since its not like duhon provides any offense on a consistent basis anyway. Bench Duhon for good, give douglas some play time with nate and larry.

And for gods sakes, start using Douglas, even for short periods of time.
    Yeah, people compain about lack of D, but then complain about Hughes' streakyness.Duhon provides nothing.Anybody guard who plays decent can play the pick and roll with David Lee.Lee is pretty much the only reason why Duhon even gets those assists.

No game thread for todays game but Knicks win!!

Coincedence how the Knicks do amazing in the fourth quarter without chris dudonkey? great game by gallo, nate and lee.

I thought Hill was good in the first half, but resorted back to his soft and passive ways in the second half.

Overall great win, and hopefully we'll see more of Chris Dudonkey rotting on the bench come clutch time

Default game thread dead head pissed-on poop-on knicks win!

yeah man, where's the thread? ...guess this is back to back pissed-on thread...

We're at halfway point, great that we got win, thanks to N8 Gr8ness, once again taking over (twice in one game), where starters could not make it happen... I'm talking Poopon and Girafferies.

Duhound on bench again for more than 1/2 of game, yields Knick win...coincidence? 20 minutes, 4 TO's, 0 points... pathetic dog!
    N8 is getting back in groove after 14 game benching with +14 (+/-), winning game with his spark, ample scoring, driving, dishing: 27 pts, 4 assists, and 1 Turnover(!) More N8, less Duhound, that is the solution.
    Hell, I'd be happy to see N8 start at this point, until Poopon shows he's got SOMETHING to give... off the bench!

and why in the world is Duhon once again guarding a 6'10" G/F (Daye/Durant)...? the rookie ate him up! D'amn(toni) fool!

2nd Half of Season

N8 - Duhound - Hughes
    Chandler - Douglas
    Gallo - Hill
    Harrington - Bender
    DLEE - Jefferies

And still we wait for Douglas...

Another good game for under-rated Chandler (4 blocks were key).

DLEE, a little off due to foul trouble, was clutch with key 'bounds, and another 5 dimes. Add those dimes to his 11 points, that's contribution... All-star quality +12 (+/-)

Less Girafferies, More Hill. The Giraffe did make a decent showing in 4th quarter with offensive rebound power, a surprise jumper, and clutch foul throws...

Go Knicks!

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    yeah man, where's the thread? ...guess this is back to back pissed-on thread...

We're at halfway point, great that we got win, thanks to N8 Gr8ness, once again taking over (twice in one game), where starters could not make it happen... I'm talking Poopon and Girafferies.

Duhound on bench again for more than 1/2 of game, yields Knick win...coincidence? 20 minutes, 4 TO's, 0 points... pathetic dog!
    N8 is getting back in groove after 14 game benching with +14 (+/-), winning game with his spark, ample scoring, driving, dishing: 27 pts, 4 assists, and 1 Turnover(!) More N8, less Duhound, that is the solution.
    Hell, I'd be happy to see N8 start at this point, until Poopon shows he's got SOMETHING to give... off the bench!

and why in the world is Duhon once again guarding a 6'10" G/F (Daye/Durant)...? the rookie ate him up! D'amn(toni) fool!

2nd Half of Season

N8 - Duhound - Hughes
    Chandler - Douglas
    Gallo - Hill
    Harrington - Bender
    DLEE - Jefferies

And still we wait for Douglas...

Another good game for under-rated Chandler (4 blocks were key).

DLEE, a little off due to foul trouble, was clutch with key 'bounds, and another 5 dimes. Add those dimes to his 11 points, that's contribution... All-star quality +12 (+/-)

Less Girafferies, More Hill. The Giraffe did make a decent showing in 4th quarter with offensive rebound power, a surprise jumper, and clutch foul throws...

Go Knicks!
    LOLLLLLLLLL

Avon, Colorado, deep in the Rockies, played ball in St. Louis

Default I believe they played Detroit's D League team

Originally Posted by jpz17
    <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Date: January 16, 2010
    Time: 7:30PM
    TV: MSG

vs

Knicks at Pistons
    -----W-L PF PA HOME ROAD STK L10
    NYK 16-23 101.1 102.5 9-11 7-12 L1 5-5
    DET 13-25 92.2 97.2 9-9 4-16 W2 2-8

Projected Starters:

Chris Duhin #1 vs. Rodney Stuckey #3

Wilson Chandler 9#21 vs. Richard Hamilton #32

Jared Jeffries #20 vs Chris Wilcox #9

Danilo Gallinari #8 vs Jonas Jerebko #33

David Lee #42 vs. Ben Wallace #6

Mike D'Antoni

Pos: Head Coach
    Born: May 9, 1951, Mullens, WV
    Experience: 8 years
    College: Marshall

Pistons Bench:

PG Will Bynum
    SG Ben Gordon
    SF Austin Daye
    PF Charlie Villanueva
    C Kwame Brown

Knicks Bench:

Forward- Al harrington, Forward- Jordan Hill, Guard- Nate Robinson, Guard- Toney Douglas, Center- Darko Milicic, F Marcus Landry, Eddy Curry C, F Jonathan Bender, G Larry Hughes

Team Stat Leaders

--------NEW YORK-------- DETROIT
    Points- D. Lee 19.0-------- R. Stuckey 18.2
    Rebounds -D. Lee 10.9----- B. Wallace 9.1
    Assists- C. Duhon 6.4 ------W. Bynum 4.4
    Steals- L. Hughes 1.4------ R. Stuckey 1.4
    Blocks- J. Jeffries 1.2------ B. Wallace 1.0
    Source of thread "still a fan" on PSD, I did not make this thread
    Wow, Hughes still leads Duhon and he has an extra 300 minutes.
    Wonder if Duhon will ever average double digits in points in a year?
    Assist are easy when you bring the ball down every play.
    Play Robinson, Douglas, Hughes, Duhon is the Knicks problem, D'Ant is the real problem starting him 41 out of 41 games. Imagine if Hughes went 34 minutes without a single basket? Think he would start the next night.
    Chris does. Wonder if Robinson did not score a point and had 5 turnovers, would he start, no, Chris does. Wonder if Tony scored 4 points over three games would he start. Chris does. 30 plus minutes 99% of the season.

Lurker

Default NATE ROBINSON to Smack Kobe on Friday

Nate Robinson was awesome versus Pistons! Since his 41 points in January against the Hawks, Robinson has not been so agressive onto the basketball court... he just gave us a new victory.
    Furthermore, i hope he would teach Kobe Bryant a good lesson on friday during the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on Friday

Good win for us. Should of had 3 wins in the last 3 games however. This season is kind of schizo so far. I know we weren't expecting much coming into the season, But after flashes of brilliance from gallo, lee, harrington, etc. in games against good teams like PHX, POR, ATL, etc. Those games we drop against Detroit and Toronto hurt a lot more then they probably should.

We're flirting with the 8th spot but that is just a tease. Personally I would like to see more games like yesterdays where we get our rooks and young guys good minutes to develop NBA legs. Hill was impressive in limited minutes, I think the news of Curry's surgery has the team looking to develop Hill earlier then they had expected.

Still good win and it does seem like every 1 of 4 games Nate will just go off on a team. I wish he was more consistent.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    We're flirting with the 8th spot but that is just a tease. Personally I would like to see more games like yesterdays where we get our rooks and young guys good minutes to develop NBA legs. Hill was impressive in limited minutes, I think the news of Curry's surgery has the team looking to develop Hill earlier then they had expected.

Still good win and it does seem like every 1 of 4 games Nate will just go off on a team. I wish he was more consistent.
    100% co-sign.

Hill looked pretty decent, not great, but decent. Before we can trust Nate to be a starter he needs to show he can perform consistently, which he has yet to do.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    100% co-sign.

Hill looked pretty decent, not great, but decent. Before we can trust Nate to be a starter he needs to show he can perform consistently, which he has yet to do.

Like Duhon has shown consistency to be a starter on this team or any other team in the NBA?
    How many times will D'amntoni tell us Duhon has lost his confidence?
    You can't be a productive PG in the NBA without confidence!
    This has gone on too far!
    Bench the black hole!

We don't have a viable option at PG. It should be PG by committee, giving the player with the hot hand control of the rock.