PG Problem for 2010

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Even if we get LeBron, How do we solve our problem at PG????

The only players I can think of are:

Raymond Felton: He becomes a free agent in 2010 and hopefully we can get him for about 6-9 million

Jarryd Bayless: We would need to trade for him after the summer of 2010, but he would be a super nice fit for us

Chris Duhon?: That would honestly suck to bring him back, but I guess it would be worth another shot if we can't get anyone else to come play in NY with LeBron.

And if we don't get LeBron...shouldn't Chris Paul be plan B?

Thoughts?

Kiyaman

Legend
A hint on Lebron James career decision for the next 5 to 6 years....Chicago is a no-no after the Phil Jackson/Jordan era,
the N.J. Nets have to make a huge 360 revolution from the deadline to the draft day, to coaching-staff,
Miami has more posiblility than any other Eastern Conference team,
the strong support of the Dallas, Spurs, and Lakers organization is what Lebron is looking for.....inwhich he gets from the Cleveland Cavs organization now.
The Cavs will make a legal or illegal move this offseason to keep Lebron, and Stern will look the other way.

If the Knicks still have headcoach Dantoni, then Duhon will be resigned.
On draft night alot of PG will be up for trade.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I hear you...

Between $6-9m is preposterous for Felton. It's gotta be way closer to $6m for a quasi-decent PG when, in Felton's case, passing isn't a key attribute.

Bayless... Absolutely.... Can really see this kid unfolding into a very respectable point guard. And at $2.14m going into next season, it's a no brainer.

And Duhon.... Good God... 2 years of unadulterated shit is surely enough isn't it? I've questioned the management before, but if he's back next year then I propose a revolt.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
A hint on Lebron James career decision for the next 5 to 6 years....Chicago is a no-no after the Phil Jackson/Jordan era,
the N.J. Nets have to make a huge 360 revolution from the deadline to the draft day, to coaching-staff,
Miami has more posiblility than any other Eastern Conference team,
the strong support of the Dallas, Spurs, and Lakers organization is what Lebron is looking for.....inwhich he gets from the Cleveland Cavs organization now.
The Cavs will make a legal or illegal move this offseason to keep Lebron, and Stern will look the other way.

If the Knicks still have headcoach Dantoni, then Duhon will be resigned.
On draft night a lot of PG will be up for trade.

Wow.... That's not really in any way relevant to the thread.... What an odd way to address the Knicks PG woes.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow.... That's not really in any way relevant to the thread.... What an odd way to address the Knicks PG woes.

Even if we get LeBron, How do we solve our problem at PG????
Felton?
Bayless?
Duhon?

Answer to these questions are? we will not get Lebron under this regime.
And our PG problem lies in....

If the Knicks still have headcoach Dantoni, then Duhon will be resigned. On draft night a lot of PG will be up for trade.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Y'all know, that there isn't only free agency to improve. Guys like Hinrich, Sessions, Stuckey or even Harris might be available for expiring contracts, so don't worry bout this.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Its all David Kahn's fault. If he wasn't such a retarted butthole we would not have this problem, because we would prob have Rubio or Flynn. But Pedro makes a good point. Jeffries and Eddy Curry are expiring contracts next year that could land us a decent/good pg.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Y'all know, that there isn't only free agency to improve. Guys like Hinrich, Sessions, Stuckey or even Harris might be available for expiring contracts, so don't worry bout this.
I agree with what your saying. There are other ways to improve at the PG position. However, do you really think that Kirk Hinrich is a great complimentary player? The guy is starting out of necessity in Chicago, and was a role player for the past 2 years.

I really like the idea of Bayless. I wouldn't mind drafting a guard in the second round next year that can play defense (James Anderson, Paul George ,ect.) and trading either one of our expiring contracts for Bayless (Curry or Jeffries granted neither of them gets dealt before this years deadline). I really like what he showed when Brandon Roy went down and yeah, it might be a little premature to base a decision off that, but his production at U of A was phenomenal and I think he fits the kind of player that Coach D looks for in a PG/

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
LOL

On a side note:

My NBA 2k10 roster looks like this:

PG- Felton
SG- Chandler
SF- LeBron
PF- Lee
C- Camby

Bench Players: Gallo, Hill, Douglas, Raja Bell, Sundiata Gaines, Wesley Matthews, and Eddy Curry

How nice would it be to have a lineup looking like that?? LOL

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Chris Duhomo is one of Dyke M'Anphony's pet players. I think he will put in a good name for Duhomo, and Walsh will re-sign him for 3-4 million/yr.
Then, the Knicks will sign a big time free agent point guard, and D'Anphony will bench him for Duhomo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Duhomo could average 5 points on 31% fg, 4 assists, and 4 turnovers, and D'Anphony would still start him.
SMH @ Duhomo playing over Nate Robinson and Toney Douglas.

Its all David Kahn's fault. If he wasn't such a retarted butthole we would not have this problem, because we would prob have Rubio or Flynn. But Pedro makes a good point. Jeffries and Eddy Curry are expiring contracts next year that could land us a decent/good pg.

Good point about the F-ing T-Wolves and Kahn:bitch: anyway if we get stuck with both Eddy and Jared's contracts that would be a nice chunk of $$$ to throw at a Chris Paul or a Daren Williams wouldn't it :thumbsup:

2011-2012 Knicks

C.Paul/Tony Douglas
Chandler/Landry
Lebron/any SF draft pick?
Gallinari/any PF draft pick?
Lee/Hill

ANU

Starter
john wall is the best guard prospect to come out of college since jordan.as a freshman.ii know we have no shot at this dude, but if deals get made, lee and al get dealt for prospects, donnie should take a shot.maybe take back some salary, and a first round pick protected to eternity.i almost wish if lebron would sign his extension now if he plans to stay in cleveland.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
john wall is the best guard prospect to come out of college since jordan.as a freshman.ii know we have no shot at this dude, but if deals get made, lee and al get dealt for prospects, donnie should take a shot.maybe take back some salary, and a first round pick protected to eternity.i almost wish if lebron would sign his extension now if he plans to stay in cleveland.
Yeah I agree.

Getting Wall would be my number one option. LeBron isn't coming people...Wall is our next best shot. Why not take on more salary for this year and get expiring contracts for next year to throw money at Carmelo!!!

Pg- Wall
Sg- Chandler
Sf- Melo
PF- Gallo
C- Hill/Lee(if we can resign Lee)

Now that team is a force to be reckoned with...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Good point about the F-ing T-Wolves and Kahn:bitch: anyway if we get stuck with both Eddy and Jared's contracts that would be a nice chunk of $$$ to throw at a Chris Paul or a Daren Williams wouldn't it :thumbsup:

2011-2012 Knicks

C.Paul/Tony Douglas
Chandler/Landry
Lebron/any SF draft pick?
Gallinari/any PF draft pick?
Lee/Hill

If we want Paul, we need a lot of things to happen which are all unlikely. We need the hornets to suck badly. And then we'd need to trade all our young prospects not named Gallo along with curry nd jeffries. then'd we'd have to take back some other bad contracts the hornets have like posey or peja. Even if all this happened I doubt the Hornets would do that if we did'nt include Gallo.

So, let's say we magically get Paul. You can take Douglass, Chandler, Hill, Landry, and maybe even Lee out of that lineup. I have lost hope in getting Cp3 through a trade. The Hornets know hes to good to give up.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Yeah I agree.

Getting Wall would be my number one option. LeBron isn't coming people...Wall is our next best shot. Why not take on more salary for this year and get expiring contracts for next year to throw money at Carmelo!!!

Pg- Wall
Sg- Chandler
Sf- Melo
PF- Gallo
C- Hill/Lee(if we can resign Lee)

Now that team is a force to be reckoned with...

John Wall is more unlikely to be traded than Cp3 folks. Don't even think about that. We had a shot at a savior and Rubio and failed. We have NO shot at John Wall. I repeat, zero chance.

and @ abcd, ur being generous with dudonkey's stats. 31% fg??? come on man you know thats a stretch for him lol

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
If we want Paul, we need a lot of things to happen which are all unlikely. We need the hornets to suck badly. And then we'd need to trade all our young prospects not named Gallo along with curry nd jeffries. then'd we'd have to take back some other bad contracts the hornets have like posey or peja. Even if all this happened I doubt the Hornets would do that if we did'nt include Gallo.

So, let's say we magically get Paul. You can take Douglass, Chandler, Hill, Landry, and maybe even Lee out of that lineup. I have lost hope in getting Cp3 through a trade. The Hornets know hes to good to give up.
We wouldn't acquire Paul in a trade. We'd get him through Free Agency in the Summer of 2011.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
John Wall is more unlikely to be traded than Cp3 folks. Don't even think about that. We had a shot at a savior and Rubio and failed. We have NO shot at John Wall. I repeat, zero chance.

and @ abcd, ur being generous with dudonkey's stats. 31% fg??? come on man you know thats a stretch for him lol
So you're telling me the Hornets/Nets/T-Wolves wouldn't trade their 1st round pick (that may not even be the 1st overall pick!!) for a core of Chandler, Lee (expiring contract), Nate (expiring contract) and Jeffries? If I'm the T-Wolves, I bite on this immediately. The Knicks would have to take on a maximum of 1 bad contract from the T-Wolves (all of the scrubs are set to expire this year anyway so it would be someone useful possibly) and would in return would get a shot at wall. IF we don't get the 1st overall pick we're still looking at a top-heavy portion of PG's in this years draft. The PG talent is NOT deep by any means, but we'd have a legit chance at Wall and as a consolation could pick up Willie Warren if Wall is taken. Not to mention we'd save extra crash in our pursuit of a big time player in 2011.

PG- Wall/Warren/Douglas
SG- Gallo
SF- Melo
PF- ???
C- Hill

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
So you're telling me the Hornets/Nets/T-Wolves wouldn't trade their 1st round pick (that may not even be the 1st overall pick!!) for a core of Chandler, Lee (expiring contract), Nate (expiring contract) and Jeffries? If I'm the T-Wolves, I bite on this immediately. The Knicks would have to take on a maximum of 1 bad contract from the T-Wolves (all of the scrubs are set to expire this year anyway so it would be someone useful possibly) and would in return would get a shot at wall. IF we don't get the 1st overall pick we're still looking at a top-heavy portion of PG's in this years draft. The PG talent is NOT deep by any means, but we'd have a legit chance at Wall and as a consolation could pick up Willie Warren if Wall is taken. Not to mention we'd save extra crash in our pursuit of a big time player in 2011.

PG- Wall/Warren/Douglas
SG- Gallo
SF- Melo
PF- ???
C- Hill

First of all, even if the Hornets don't make the playoffs they'll never get Wall because they would have a really low chance in the lotto. And if they were bad, they would be drooling at the possibilty at Wall and Paul on the same team.

Second, the New Jersey Nets and the Twolves would never trade their picks right now. Wall is a franchise changing talent. The guy that brings fans into the stand. The guy that brings in BIG BUCKS. This guy is a more hyped product than Derrick Rose bro. You know how the media and fans attached to Rose last year. No doubt the Bulls made a good amount of money because of him. John Wall has that abillity and likability because of his athleticm and natural talent. He is really fun to watch. Fans gravitate to him at Kentucky and they will in the pros. No franchise is trading away their shot at a franchise changing talent. Wall instantly would make Minnesota and New Jersey watchable teams. People would actually BUY tickets. ESPN, TNT, and NBATV would be all over their games. They'd get so much money from the guy it is just impossible for them to even trade their draft pick now, because they wouldnt want to give up their shot at him.

and i agree that the only way we get paul is through free agency but we'd have to WAIT another couple years for that. How much longer can we Knicks fans WAIT? I know I can't.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
First of all, even if the Hornets don't make the playoffs they'll never get Wall because they would have a really low chance in the lotto. And if they were bad, they would be drooling at the possibilty at Wall and Paul on the same team.

Second, the New Jersey Nets and the Twolves would never trade their picks right now. Wall is a franchise changing talent. The guy that brings fans into the stand. The guy that brings in BIG BUCKS. This guy is a more hyped product than Derrick Rose bro. You know how the media and fans attached to Rose last year. No doubt the Bulls made a good amount of money because of him. John Wall has that abillity and likability because of his athleticm and natural talent. He is really fun to watch. Fans gravitate to him at Kentucky and they will in the pros. No franchise is trading away their shot at a franchise changing talent. Wall instantly would make Minnesota and New Jersey watchable teams. People would actually BUY tickets. ESPN, TNT, and NBATV would be all over their games. They'd get so much money from the guy it is just impossible for them to even trade their draft pick now, because they wouldnt want to give up their shot at him.

and i agree that the only way we get paul is through free agency but we'd have to WAIT another couple years for that. How much longer can we Knicks fans WAIT? I know I can't.
Paul comes off the books potentially in 2011. So...they would only have to wait one year.

2nd of all: I don't think Minnesota is all that excited about the possibility of Wall. You're forgetting that they still have Rubio's draft rights...He ALSO is a guy who puts "fans in the stands". Not to mention they have Johnny Flynn. If we can get a deal done with Minnesota on Draft night that would be huge. And although its farfetched, could possibly happen. We have two of the most impressive bargaining chips for next year (Curry and Jeffries) and I think Minnesota would like to have that kind of cap space considering they have Flynn and Rubio