Lee and Gallo for Chris Bosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
WHY NOT!!!!!

If we can secure Bosh for 2010, I guarantee that LeBron's chances of signing immediately increase. If we can unload Jeffries in Toronto with Lee and Gallo then project 2010 is still in full motion!!

2010 lineup:

PG- Felton (mid level exception)
SG- Chandler
Sf- LeBron
PF- Bosh
C- Hill

That lineup is an immediate contender and is ACTUALLY possible!

We don't want to lose David Lee for NOTHING in 2010 when doesn't resign.

I think this is a win/win scenario even if we dont land LeBron. Bosh is a SUPERSTAR! He is going to his 5th straight all-star game and will be leading Toronto to a top 5 seed in the East.

Thoughts?

u actually think felton will sign for less money than chris duhon makes haha you are out of your mind dude.

stop it.

felton is staying in charlotte that team gets better and better, and larry brown is molding him into his type of point guard.

and we are not trading away lee and gallo for bosh; toronto is not taking on lee and gallo especially when they cant promise to lock down lee after this year and then basically its like trading bosh for gallo which is stupid.

basically in the end if toronto is going to trade bosh they can definitely get better value for him than gallo as the only guaranteed contract for 2010.

lexotan

Rookie
how many games of the raptors have you seen, lately?

he's a slightly improved version of david lee, nothing more, nothing less - 10+ rebounds, a nice skillset on offence, absolutely bad on defense, not too clutch, too soft, a long range jumper

bosh - lee > gallinari is a joke, really

Last edited:

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
how many games of the raptors have you seen, lately? (to me) he's a slightly improved version of david lee, nothing more, nothing less. 10+ rebounds, a nice skillset on offence, absolutely bad on defense, not too clutch and a little too soft

bosch - lee > gallinari is a joke, really

It "really" isn't. How many times has David Lee been the oh so mighty leader to the playoffs? None. How many trips to the all star game? None. How many do you think he plans on going to? One if hes lucky to get in the mix because KG and LeBron will always be voted in as starters. He can't even get enough votes from the New York fans to pass Bosh!! You may think that talent-wise these two are better, but I'm willing to pass on Gallo's talent for a chance at the ultimate LeBron bait.

And Raymond Felton's market value isnt exactly sky rocketing...Chris Duhon's contract was given to him in a rapidly inflated NBA free agency market. Contracts are exponentially shrinking in the NBA for above average, middle range players like Felton (ex. Ariza and Artest both took Mid Levels). Felton will sign for 5.9 million a year guaranteed. We signed Lee for 7...and he commanded a much greater market value last summer then Felton would have.

This is very possible and it would help us net LeBron.

I think everyone that previously posted is a little uneasy about getting rid of Gallo, as am I. However, it would be well worth it, considering Bosh would be the first superstar we've had in New York in a long time.

lexotan

Rookie
It "really" isn't. How many times has David Lee been the oh so mighty leader to the playoffs? None. How many trips to the all star game? None. How many do you think he plans on going to? One if hes lucky to get in the mix because KG and LeBron will always be voted in as starters. He can't even get enough votes from the New York fans to pass Bosh!! You may think that talent-wise these two are better, but I'm willing to pass on Gallo's talent for a chance at the ultimate LeBron bait.

raptors have reached just 2 first-round since bosh!

and taliking of all star voting, well

Guards: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 672,227; Vince Carter (Orl) 292,002
Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 692,518; Tracy McGrady (Hou) 281,545;
Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 625,279; Shaquille O'Neal (Cle) 206,657

dave2138

Rotation player
youhave to edit the title of the thread...thought this was actually a rumor...

I agree this would be a terrible trade and have 0 chance at happening. Bosh is a FA after this year and would only cost money to sign. Why would you give up Gallinari just to get 3 months of Bosh in an already wasted season?

Even if this trade was Gallinari and Larry Hughes -> Bosh, I still wouldn't do it because it only hurts us in the long term. The short term doesn't matter.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Hmmmm. No thanks.

Lee + Chandler.

Toronto already has Turkoglu and Bargniani. It'd be awesome to have Bosh, though whether or not losing Gallo and Lee is worth it..... I dunno.?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
WHY NOT!!!!!

If we can secure Bosh for 2010, I guarantee that LeBron's chances of signing immediately increase. If we can unload Jeffries in Toronto with Lee and Gallo then project 2010 is still in full motion!!

2010 lineup:

SG- Chandler
Sf- LeBron
PF- Bosh
C- Hill

I think this is a win/win scenario even if we dont land LeBron. Bosh is a SUPERSTAR! He is going to his 5th straight all-star game and will be leading Toronto to a top 5 seed in the East.

Thoughts?

No way.

Plus, we don't have the mid level exception. We have to renounce the MLE and Bi-Annual going into free agency.

GoD-LLiNari

Rookie
WHY NOT!!!!!

2010 lineup:

SG- Chandler
Sf- LeBron
PF- Bosh
C- Hill

Thoughts?

Ok, realistically, how much better is bosh than lee? In my opinion, not much at all. Lets take a look at the stats (yes i know lee's may be alittle inflated from d'antoni's system, in some of your opinions)

David Lee - 19.1 ppg 11.2 rpg 3.3 apg

Chris Bosh - 23.8 ppg 11.1 rpg 2.0 apg

Bosh plays just as much defense as Lee, maybe alittle more, not much. And Lee's FG percentage is a few points higher, and gets less touches. Not to mention you're going to have to pay Bosh ALOT more than Lee, deservingly ? Well thats your opinion, mine is, no.

Now you wanna add Danilo to the deal? Ha. 21 year old, potential all-star, making peanuts for the next couple years. With time may be one of the knicks all time greats. right now hes averaging about 15 5 and 2, with minimal touches and selfish players around him.

Also whos to say Bosh even resigns after the year? So you wanna give up the heart of the team, and gallinari, for a potential few month rental. Sir, your proposal has been denied, with out a doubt, this is a terrible move. :peace:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Hmmm......what if we do this trade and then Bosh signs with a team like Miami during the offseason? Wouldnt we look like the dumbest team ever!?

Plus even with Gallo's 3 million off the books next season how do we sign both he and Lebron?

Not to mention as good as Bosh is, he is not worth Lee and Gallo. Maybe Lee and Jefferies 4 Bosh

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't see why the Raptors would want to do that trade. They would be trading Bosh's expiring contract for Lee's expiring contract. Bosh is better than Lee and Gallinari, so it doesn't make sense. Plus, by trading Bosh for Lee, the Raptors would probably miss the playoffs this year, which would make Raptor fans upset.

jpz17

Starter
I don't see why the Raptors would want to do that trade. They would be trading Bosh's expiring contract for Lee's expiring contract. Bosh is better than Lee and Gallinari, so it doesn't make sense. Plus, by trading Bosh for Lee, the Raptors would probably miss the playoffs this year, which would make Raptor fans upset.

Wow.. no comment....:barf:

skisloper

Starter
Wow.. no comment....:barf:
I am new to the board in posting but have been reading for the last 2 years....

Now that it is crunch time and assuming we do not get Lebron ( which I assume we will) .why would you want Bosh ? Look at the players he has with him this year.....Between the 2 big Europeans they should not be a par 500 team....Bosh is not our man......

Maybe its me but I think Gallo is an asset who improves each game...Of course he has his off days or times he tries to hard to get a shot but he has balls ....

lexotan

Rookie
jose_calderon.jpg
hedo_turkoglu.jpg
danilo_gallinari.jpg
demar_derozan.jpg
david_lee.jpg
andrea_bargnani.jpg
marco_belinelli.jpg

calderon - turkoglu - gallinari - derozan - lee - bargnani - belinelli

spot the intruder

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Wow... mumble,mumble, mumble. I can't speak. D'Antoni's dick is too deep down my tonsils.

I am not surprised you have no comment.

You're the same D'Antonisexual who has "go JJ Redick" on your signature and who said that Patrick Ewing was not a coach.
"Ewing isn't a coach.."
Jan 10, 2010, 15:52
Originally posted by JPZ17
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=108906

And you're also the person who claims D'Antoni is the best coach in the NBA, even though he has zero playoff appearances with the Knicks and zero conference or NBA championships with a Phoenix team that had three All Stars on their roster.

Mike D'Antoni-Knick Playoff Appearances: 0
Mike D'Antoni- Knick coaching record: 49-74(.398)
Mike D'Antoni's NBA Conference Championships, as Suns coach: 0
Mike D'Antoni's NBA Championships, as Suns coach: 0
Players D'Antoni coached, in Phoenix:
Steve Nash(All Star), Amare Stoudamire(All Star), Shawn Marion(All Star),
Joe Johnson(All Star), Shaquille O'Neal(All Star)

Patrick Ewing's NBA Conference Championships: 3, including 1 as Assistant coach of the Orlando Magic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.