Lee and Gallo for Chris Bosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
well then, i guess this summer when both are free agents, lee will command a larger contract then bosh... i'll mark this thread and revisit it after both guys sign...

I havent seen Bosh play better than LEE in any game this season. And as far as Gallinari he just started really playing this season and look at him hes alreay one of the best shooters in the league. Btw his defense isnt bad either :) .

paris401

Starter
I havent seen Bosh play better than LEE in any game this season. And as far as Gallinari he just started really playing this season and look at him hes alreay one of the best shooters in the league. Btw his defense isnt bad either :) .

i bet if u ask the 30 gm's , all will say if both are there at equal $$$/years/etc, bosh will be their pick..

well maybe the mormons in utah would opt for the white boy...

p0nder

Starter
I think if you make a real effort here, you can see why. ;)

Lol! now that pretty funny.

Case being, the trade is not necessary. Bosh will sign here with Lee and Gallo if the opportunity presents itself. And it will. :beer:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think if you make a real effort here, you can see why. ;)
And how many Western Conference Championships does he have? 0
I made a typo, because I was talking about D'Antoni and Ewing. Ewing coaches in the Eastern Conference.
My error did not stop me from proving my point that D'Antoni has zero conference championships, despite coaching at least 3 All Stars, in each of his seasons with the Suns.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
And how many Western Conference Championships does he have? 0
I made a typo, because I was talking about D'Antoni and Ewing. Ewing coaches in the Eastern Conference.
My error did not stop me from proving my point that he has zero conference championships, despite coaching at least 3 All Stars, in each of his seasons with the Suns.

Yes, but at the same time, we all know the West, at the time and now, is way deeper than the East. East has maybe 1, 2, 3 teams competing for the conference championship any given year. The West, even this year, has a bevy of teams that are as good as or better than any team in the East.

On occasion, of course, an East team would win the finals, but that only proves that that East team was better than that West team over that 7 game stretch. Do you think the Magic would have won a conference championship if they played against Dallas (in their prime), San Antonio (in their prime), the Lakers (both with Shaq and without), even the Houstons and Denvers of the NBA-world.

It's just comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yes, but at the same time, we all know the West, at the time and now, is way deeper than the East. East has maybe 1, 2, 3 teams competing for the conference championship any given year. The West, even this year, has a bevy of teams that are as good as or better than any team in the East.

On occasion, of course, an East team would win the finals, but that only proves that that East team was better than that West team over that 7 game stretch. Do you think the Magic would have won a conference championship if they played against Dallas (in their prime), San Antonio (in their prime), the Lakers (both with Shaq and without), even the Houstons and Denvers of the NBA-world.

It's just comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion...

I disagree. The Phoenix Suns had 3 All Stars and 60+ wins, on two of the seasons they lost. A team with over 60 wins should at least go to the finals, which D'Antoni failed to do.

In 2006-2007, the Suns had 61 wins and lost in the Conference Semi-finals.

KBlack25

Starter
I disagree. The Phoenix Suns had 3 All Stars and 60+ wins, on two of the seasons they lost. A team with over 60 wins should at least go to the finals, which D'Antoni failed to do.

In 2006-2007, the Suns had 61 wins and lost in the Conference Semi-finals.

I understand the point...He got 60 wins and didn't take them to the promised land, I get that. It's a fair argument. But he also played against superior competition than did the Orlando Magic in getting to where they went.

You really think last year's Cavs team was any better than the Spurs, the Mavericks or the Lakers of that era? It's a matter of opinion, but I think you'd be crazy to say yes. All I'm saying is comparing the Magic getting to the finals to the Suns' failure to do so is flawed in that they played completely different, and, in the Suns' case, much better, competition en route.

By your logic, Steve Clifford, Bob Beyer and Brendan Malone are also better coaching candidates than D'Antoni. Don't recognize the names? They are the other Magic Assistant Coaches.

Your point is valid in saying D'Antoni didn't take his team to the promised land, I just think it fails when you say that Ewing as an assistant coach got there, so he's a better coach.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I understand the point...He got 60 wins and didn't take them to the promised land, I get that. It's a fair argument. But he also played against superior competition than did the Orlando Magic in getting to where they went.

You really think last year's Cavs team was any better than the Spurs, the Mavericks or the Lakers of that era? It's a matter of opinion, but I think you'd .

The Lakers were barely getting into the playoffs and losing in the first round, frequently, around 2004-2007.

The Cavs were better than a Laker team that did not have Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum.

You should have read my posts. Nothing in my post said I thought Ewing was a better coach than D'Antoni. I still feel Ewing would have been a better coach for the Knicks, but I wasn't even talking about that.

I was actually responding to JPZ17, who feels D'Antoni is the best coach in the NBA.

ANU

Starter
jose_calderon.jpg
hedo_turkoglu.jpg
danilo_gallinari.jpg
demar_derozan.jpg
david_lee.jpg
andrea_bargnani.jpg
marco_belinelli.jpg

calderon - turkoglu - gallinari - derozan - lee - bargnani - belinelli

spot the intruder
:teeth:

as far as the trade, i don't know, i'd probably do it than try to pawn off bosh on the nets, for 3 unprotected first round picks (2010 2012 2014) than i watch bosh sign with miami and laugh my ass off.

KBlack25

Starter
The Lakers were barely getting into the playoffs and losing in the first round, frequently, around 2004-2007.

The Cavs were better than a Laker team that did not have Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum.

You should have read my posts. Nothing in my post said I thought Ewing was a better coach than D'Antoni. I still feel Ewing would have been a better coach for the Knicks, but I wasn't even talking about that.

I was actually responding to JPZ17, who feels D'Antoni is the best coach in the NBA.

You are right about the Lakers, my memory deceived me then...

No argument here, I don't think D'Antoni is the best coach in the NBA either, but I am not sure Ewing is any better...D'Antoni, say what you will, orchestrated maybe the biggest and most important free agent signing of the past decade in Steve Nash (2 MVPs later), but if you think Ewing would have been a better coach, fair enough. I'd like to see him coach some college or something, get an idea of his style of coaching and what kind of system he would put in before I committed to such an idea.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
You are right about the Lakers, my memory deceived me then...

No argument here, I don't think D'Antoni is the best coach in the NBA either, but I am not sure Ewing is any better...D'Antoni, say what you will, orchestrated maybe the biggest and most important free agent signing of the past decade in Steve Nash (2 MVPs later), but if you think Ewing would have been a better coach, fair enough. I'd like to see him coach some college or something, get an idea of his style of coaching and what kind of system he would put in before I committed to such an idea.

To me, and I know this is just my opinion, you're not a Knick fan. No true Knick fan could be so lukewarm about Patrick Ewing, our greatest player, ever, and the prospect of him serving as a head coach.

The man has 8 years of coaching experience, on three different teams. What do you think he does, text while the head coach works? He's coaching, too: strategizing in his own head, making suggestions, etc. He's also helping run scrimmages, advising players on their conditioning.

Did you know that he actually told Quentin Richardson that he was fat, which is why he lost weight on the Heat?

Your cynicism toward what Ewing does is sick. You've never been a coach, so what gives you the authority to talk about what Ewing does or doesn't know, your TV and computer?

KBlack25

Starter
To me, and I know this is just my opinion, you're not a Knick fan. No true Knick fan could be so lukewarm about Patrick Ewing, our greatest player, ever, and the prospect of him serving as a head coach.

The man has 8 years of coaching experience, on three different teams. What do you think he does, text while the head coach works? He's coaching, too: strategizing in his own head, making suggestions, etc. He's also helping run scrimmages, advising players on their conditioning.

Did you know that he actually told Quentin Richardson that he was fat, which is why he lost weight on the Heat?

Your cynicism toward what Ewing does is sick. You've never been a coach, so what gives you the authority to talk about what Ewing does or doesn't know, your TV and computer?

Honestly, neither you nor I is there at the Magic practices. We don't know what he does, who he works with, what he's suggesting. Can you name a single suggestion that Patrick Ewing gave to Stan Van Gundy? Just one.

I'm not saying Ewing knows/doesn't know anything. I'm saying that I'd like to see what schemes HE thinks up himself...fact is most star players don't make the best head coaches, I'm not saying Ewing will or will not, but I'm not willing to gamble on a first time coach. I'd like to see what he has up his sleeve. If you weren't sitting there looking for people to attack and insult, maybe you would open your mind to the fact that just because someone doesn't want Patrick Ewing to automatically be given the head coaching job doesn't make them any more or less a Knicks fan.

Plenty of assistants do not go on to become great head coaches...just look at some other examples from the NFL:

Romeo Crennel: Good D-Coordinator, Awful head coach
Mike Tice: Good O-Coordinator, Awful head coach
Eric Mangini: Good O-Coordinator, Awful head coach
Jim Zorn: Decent offensive mind, awful head coach

Just because you know one aspect of the game, and in Ewing's case he likely is most familiar with the low post game, does not mean you can create plays and schemes that work...

What gives YOU the authority to say what Patrick Ewing does or doesn't know? YOUR computer? Just because you coached some amateur basketball does not make you an authority on all things coaching. You aren't there, you don't know what he does. He's there to make D12 better offensively in Orlando. D12 has an extremely limited offensive game...I lack authority to speak on what Ewing does/doesn't know just as much as you do.

And just because you don't want your team's greatest player in the last 20 years to be head coach doesn't make you any less of a Knicks fan. Is Joe Girardi the best Yankee of all time? Was Joe Torre a Yankee at all? Was Pat Riley the best Knick player of all time? How about Red Holzman?

If you are a Giant fan, would you say someone is not a Giants fan because they don't want Lawrence Taylor as defensive coordinator? Or Michael Strahan as defensive coordinator? Would you say someone is not a Giants fan because they'd prefer to go get Bill Cowher over having LT be head coach? It's a ridiculous premise that makes no sense

I love Ewing for what he did on the court, I remember 1994, even though I was a young kid, but that doesn't mean I want to roll the dice on a first time head coach who I honestly have no idea what he will do and what kind of system he will install...I don't doubt that he can do it, I doubt that he is the best choice. That's where it begins, and ends. Is Michael Jordan the absolute best choice to coach the Bulls? By your logic, he just may be.

How dare you question me as a Knicks fan for my opinion as to who I want to be coach. You should be embarrassed for yourself for just going out, hunting, looking for people to insult because they don't agree with you. How would you feel if I came on here saying you aren't a true Knicks fan because no true Knicks fan would want this team to roll the dice on a first time head coach? All I said is I'd like to see what kind of system he would want to install before committing to the idea as head coach.

You're telling me if he puts in a system that relies on size (which the current roster doesn't have), low post play (which the current roster can't do) and defense (which the current roster doesn't have the capability to play at a high level), that he's still the best choice for coach? If we were able to get a taste, to see what kind of system Patrick Ewing likes to run as head coach, whether he can motivate players (and no, I don't think telling a guy he is fat in all cases is motivation) (note: many star players have a hard time motivating teams, they can't seem to understand the lack of drive) and whether he can bring along an assistant coaching staff that can work well with the roster, then yes, I'd consider it. I don't think wanting the Knicks to be safe and make the right choice at head coach makes me any less of a Knicks fan than anyone else who wants to blindly just pick somebody without seeing any head-coaching credentials.

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I am not surprised you have no comment.

You're the same D'Antonisexual who has "go JJ Redick" on your signature and who said that Patrick Ewing was not a coach.
"Ewing isn't a coach.."
Jan 10, 2010, 15:52
Originally posted by JPZ17
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=108906

And you're also the person who claims D'Antoni is the best coach in the NBA, even though he has zero playoff appearances with the Knicks and zero conference or NBA championships with a Phoenix team that had three All Stars on their roster.

Mike D'Antoni-Knick Playoff Appearances: 0
Mike D'Antoni- Knick coaching record: 49-74(.398)
Mike D'Antoni's NBA Conference Championships, as Suns coach: 0
Mike D'Antoni's NBA Championships, as Suns coach: 0
Players D'Antoni coached, in Phoenix:
Steve Nash(All Star), Amare Stoudamire(All Star), Shawn Marion(All Star),
Joe Johnson(All Star), Shaquille O'Neal(All Star)

Patrick Ewing's NBA Conference Championships: 3, including 1 as Assistant coach of the Orlando Magic.

I have to chime in here! Mike D'Antoni has zero playoff wins because of the rosters he had since taking over the coaching spot and has nothing to do with his style. We have seen all sorts of coaching styles come and go with the same results. Bottom line, we need some PLAYERS!!!! While Mike had players in Phoenix he also had San Antonio to go through most of the time and if the Spurs were not the Spurs of the past 10 years, the Suns might have won a championship. Also, Mike D'Antoni has shown with this Knicks roster that he can adapt and bring out a players potential and even a little more. It is one thing to have a level of success when you have a Nash and a Stoudamire and a Johnson on the court at the same time but it is another when you can motivate a team with the players of that the Knicks have to win! Even if that wining is limited!
What Walsh has done is make moves without losing the core players (Lee, Chandler and Gallinari). If LeBron is going to come to NY (I still don't believe he is) it will be IF and on IF those 3 are here plus NY's ability to add another big. Next season we will have Curry's and Jared's expiring contracts to use for a key trade and that might land us someone. I might see if I can get the T-Wolves to part with Jefferson....
If you use Lee and Gallinari to trade for Bosh, what you would have done is get a player in Bosh whose upside over Lee is small; it's not a glaring difference! In the process you would have lost a big man in Gallinari that can score from anywhere on the court and looks like he will be an OK defender (not great but OK), plus he understands the fundamentals which is lost on allot of the US players. Gallinari is NOT Dirk and if he could become Dirk is still yet to be seen but he is a good player to have on the court and LeBron would love to dish off to a Gallinari type player!!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Honestly, neither you nor I is there at the Magic practices. We don't know what he does, who he works with, what he's suggesting. Can you name a single suggestion that Patrick Ewing gave to Stan Van Gundy? Just one.

I'm not saying Ewing knows/doesn't know anything. I'm saying that I'd like to see what schemes HE thinks up himself...fact is most star players don't make the best head coaches, I'm not saying Ewing will or will not, but I'm not willing to gamble on a first time coach. I'd like to see what he has up his sleeve. If you weren't sitting there looking for people to attack and insult, maybe you would open your mind to the fact that just because someone doesn't want Patrick Ewing to automatically be given the head coaching job doesn't make them any more or less a Knicks fan.

Plenty of assistants do not go on to become great head coaches...just look at some other examples from the NFL:

Romeo Crennel: Good D-Coordinator, Awful head coach
Mike Tice: Good O-Coordinator, Awful head coach
Eric Mangini: Good O-Coordinator, Awful head coach
Jim Zorn: Decent offensive mind, awful head coach

Just because you know one aspect of the game, and in Ewing's case he likely is most familiar with the low post game, does not mean you can create plays and schemes that work...

And just because you don't want your team's greatest player in the last 20 years to be head coach doesn't make you any less of a Knicks fan. Is Joe Girardi the best Yankee of all time? Was Joe Torre a Yankee at all? Was Pat Riley the best Knick player of all time? How about Red Holzman?

If you are a Giant fan, would you say someone is not a Giants fan because they don't want Lawrence Taylor as defensive coordinator? Or Michael Strahan as defensive coordinator? Would you say someone is not a Giants fan because they'd prefer to go get Bill Cowher over having LT be head coach? It's a ridiculous premise that makes no sense

I love Ewing for what he did on the court, I remember 1994, even though I was a young kid, but that doesn't mean I want to roll the dice on a first time head coach who I honestly have no idea what he will do and what kind of system he will install...I don't doubt that he can do it, I doubt that he is the best choice. That's where it begins, and ends. Is Michael Jordan the absolute best choice to coach the Bulls? By your logic, he just may be.

How dare you question me as a Knicks fan for my opinion as to who I want to be coach. You should be embarrassed for yourself for just going out, hunting, looking for people to insult because they don't agree with you. How would you feel if I came on here saying you aren't a true Knicks fan because no true Knicks fan would want this team to roll the dice on a first time head coach? All I said is I'd like to see what kind of system he would want to install before committing to the idea as head coach.

You're telling me if he puts in a system that relies on size (which the current roster doesn't have), low post play (which the current roster can't do) and defense (which the current roster doesn't have the capability to play at a high level), that he's still the best choice for coach? If we were able to get a taste, to see what kind of system Patrick Ewing likes to run as head coach, whether he can motivate players (and no, I don't think telling a guy he is fat in all cases is motivation) (note: many star players have a hard time motivating teams, they can't seem to understand the lack of drive) and whether he can bring along an assistant coaching staff that can work well with the roster, then yes, I'd consider it. I don't think wanting the Knicks to be safe and make the right choice at head coach makes me any less of a Knicks fan than anyone else who wants to blindly just pick somebody without seeing any head-coaching credentials.

You are making way too much sense for him to comprehend your points. He played himself when his own thread poll which disproved his irrational thinking so he decides to plow ahead with his conjecture, emotional drivel and low basket ball IQ anyway. You would have better luck wearing a wig and tucking your cock away if you truly want to get through to him. :teeth: (just a joke so simmer your titties OG)

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I have to chime in here! Mike D'Antoni has zero playoff wins because of the rosters he had since taking over the coaching spot and has nothing to do with his style. We have seen all sorts of coaching styles come and go with the same results. Bottom line, we need some PLAYERS!!!! While Mike had players in Phoenix he also had San Antonio to go through most of the time and if the Spurs were not the Spurs of the past 10 years, the Suns might have won a championship. Also, Mike D'Antoni has shown with this Knicks roster that he can adapt and bring out a players potential and even a little more. It is one thing to have a level of success when you have a Nash and a Stoudamire and a Johnson on the court at the same time but it is another when you can motivate a team with the players of that the Knicks have to win! Even if that wining is limited!
What Walsh has done is make moves without losing the core players (Lee, Chandler and Gallinari). If LeBron is going to come to NY (I still don't believe he is) it will be IF and on IF those 3 are here plus NY's ability to add another big. Next season we will have Curry's and Jared's expiring contracts to use for a key trade and that might land us someone. I might see if I can get the T-Wolves to part with Jefferson....
If you use Lee and Gallinari to trade for Bosh, what you would have done is get a player in Bosh whose upside over Lee is small; it's not a glaring difference! In the process you would have lost a big man in Gallinari that can score from anywhere on the court and looks like he will be an OK defender (not great but OK), plus he understands the fundamentals which is lost on allot of the US players. Gallinari is NOT Dirk and if he could become Dirk is still yet to be seen but he is a good player to have on the court and LeBron would love to dish off to a Gallinari type player!!

What you say is so true..the Spurs stopped the Suns much like the Bulls stopped the Knicks in 90's. It took Jordan to retire for Riley to get the Knicks to the finals...according to some peoples "logic" that makes Riley an inferior coach during the 90's. The Suns may have had better luck had Duncan decided to retire so he could play another sport.

You cannot discount a system or a coach just because he ran into better teams in the playoffs. The Spurs are a dynasty that started with them eating us up in 99 with Vangundy, a defensive home grown coach. (we had injuries but that is not the point)

KBlack25

Starter
You are making way too much sense for him to comprehend your points. He played himself when his own thread poll which disproved his irrational thinking so he decides to plow ahead with his conjecture, emotional drivel and low basket ball IQ anyway. You would have better luck wearing a wig and tucking your cock away if you truly want to get through to him. :teeth: (just a joke so simmer your titties OG)

Hahaha...

Someone should tell OG that the 1999 Detroit Pistons called, they want Isiah Thomas as their coach. And if you don't want that, you aren't a true Pistons fan!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Hahaha...

Someone should tell OG that the 1999 Detroit Pistons called, they want Isiah Thomas as their coach. And if you don't want that, you aren't a true Pistons fan!

I don't get it! Thomas would probably suck more than Gentry did anyway so... And except for Dumars, who did they have on their roster???

KBlack25

Starter
I don't get it! Thomas would probably suck more than Gentry did anyway so... And except for Dumars, who did they have on their roster???

Hmm? I was merely applying OG's construed logic to another case where it clearly doesn't work, disproving by analogy.

He says: You can't be a true Knicks fan if you don't want Ewing as coach because he is our greatest player ever (arguably - I'm sure some (like my dad) would make the case for Reed or Frasier).

By analogy: You can't be a true Pistons fan if you don't want Thomas as coach because he is the greatest Piston ever (arguably).

So, by his own logic, OG is defending Thomas as a viable coaching candidate that you are not a true fan if you don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.