Originally Posted by clumsy
LMAO i love how they say that white people love to play fundamentals. Not true...there are many good white American NBA players. To get to the next level you have to have a little more than just fundamentals....Jason Williams, Birdman, Kaman have a lot of athletics/instinct. Even David Lee won the Dunk Contest in the McDonald All American in high school didn't he.
Well that's that old racist thing: whites play with IQ and fundamentals while blacks play with athleticism. Both are broad generalities and not necessarily true, but continue to persist today. The same reason blacks weren't QB's in the NFL until recently. Good athelete, but not smart enough to play QB. It works both ways. How many white corners or running backs do you see in the NFL??? I think its all wrong, but it is hard to overturn ingrained stereotypes, even in athletics. I grew up in a small town, and the white kid who lived behind me was the fastest kid in town, and my other white neighbor was the best point guard in town(at our age level). Those stereotypes are crap....