How many of you Knick fans will receive Kobe with MVP chants @ MSG this Friday?

johnstarky

Rotation player
Knowing how popular Kobe is with a lot of New Yorkers I was wondering if anybody here is going to the Garden to cheer for their favorite basketball player.

skisloper

Starter
I sold my tickets as I cannot sit there and listen to the MVP chants. Last year was unreal as it was the loudest the garden was since Nate hit a 3 pointer over Iverson to beat the sixers at the buzzer a few years back.....Oakley should bitch slap all those chanting MVP MVP

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Next time take a look around at all these "Great Knicks Fans" there the ones selling their tickets to Lakers fans.... which is why their were so many chanting MVP, All lakers fans...

KBlack25

Starter
Sad really...

MJ never got MVP Chants.
Reggie never got MVP.
Zo? Any opposing player?

The Garden used to be a hostile environment...they've become friendly confines.

A lot of that is attributed to the poor Knicks play in the last decade and the crazy amount of tourists who just want to see Kobe/LeBron/whoever is popular at the time.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I sold my tickets as I cannot sit there and listen to the MVP chants. Last year was unreal as it was the loudest the garden was since Nate hit a 3 pointer over Iverson to beat the sixers at the buzzer a few years back.....Oakley should bitch slap all those chanting MVP MVP

Why'd you have the tickets in the first place? I would probably ask for a refund if I sat through a Knick game in which the majority of people were worshipping a player from the opposing team.

skisloper

Starter
Next time take a look around at all these "Great Knicks Fans" there the ones selling their tickets to Lakers fans.... which is why their were so many chanting MVP, All lakers fans...

I would much rather watch the game at home then listen to the MVP Chants. If makes me a less credible knick fan to sell my tickets rather then subject myself to the chants then so be it. I felt like a stranger last year listening to the chants as the knicks got beat..........

skisloper

Starter
Why'd you have the tickets in the first place? I would probably ask for a refund if I sat through a Knick game in which the majority of people were worshipping a player from the opposing team.

Season ticket holder. Last time garden was hostile was the last playoff game we played at home against the Nets.....chants of wife beater to Jason Kidd...Now thats the Garden:beer:

johnstarky

Rotation player

I never knew that there were thousands of Laker fans in NY.I wonder where they were during the days of Nick Van Exel and Elden Campbell.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Season ticket holder. Last time garden was hostile was the last playoff game we played at home against the Nets.....chants of wife beater to Jason Kidd...Now thats the Garden:beer:

I remember knowing about that series but I didn't watch a game of it since the Knicks were still an awful team.Good thing that there weren't people at the Garden jumping on the Jason Kidd bandwagon and cheering for him.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Sad really...

MJ never got MVP Chants.
Reggie never got MVP.
Zo? Any opposing player?

The Garden used to be a hostile environment...they've become friendly confines.

A lot of that is attributed to the poor Knicks play in the last decade and the crazy amount of tourists who just want to see Kobe/LeBron/whoever is popular at the time.

You won't find too many die hard Knick fans in Madison Square Garden these days.Fifteen years ago when the Knicks were still relevant to the city of NY players like Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller would get booed loudly at the Garden by 19 thousand true blue Knick fans.The people who greet players like Kobe Bryant with MVP chants are bandwagon Laker fans who rooted for the Knicks in the late 90's and jumped the ship when the Knick franchise crumbled into the ground.New Yorkers are bandwagoners by nature.They support whoever is on top and whoever gives them a reason to cheer and feel exuberant.Having a glamorous image and a winning reputation is all that matters to these people.They could care less about supporting a team just because they play in the city in which they live in.There is only a small minority of New yorkers who stick with their teams through thick and thin.

I would bet anyone 10 thousand dollars that if the NY Knicks signed Lebron James and became a 60 win team you will see people here bringing up the Knicks as if they were the '72 Lakers.Drug dealers and gangsters would no longer be the only people in NY to be spotted wearing Knick jerseys.Every New Yorker would love the sport of basketball.Even the conservatives who hate the NBA would all of a sudden attend Knick games to cheer for the Knicks.This is how New Yorkers behave when it comes to sports.They are in love with a team when they are competitive but quickly fall out of love with the team when that team is collecting dust in the cellar.So New Yorkers who cheer for Kobe Bryant shouldn't be taken anymore seriously than a teenage girl who dates a guy because he is the cutest and most popular guy in her highschool.

amilion

Benchwarmer
Ummm...I'll admit that there are bandwagoners in NY. But there are bandwagoners everywhere. There are teams that have winning records and superstars and have a really hard time filling up their arenas. For example: Atlanta Hawks...good team...home crowd sucks. Miami Heat...superstar Dwyane Wade, won a championship a few years back, and their "fans" don't even show up. The biggest bandwagoners out there. NY can sell seats and does sell seats and we've been losing for how long now? Granted some may be tourists just trying to sit in Madison Square Garden but I don't care what anybody says....game on the line, nobody is chanting "DEFENSE" like a Knick crowd.

With that said, I will also admit that the bandwagoners are way more prevalent on the days that kobe or lebron show up at the Garden. It makes me sick when Lebron comes and the crowd is acting like he's Jesus himself. It also made me sick when there was an applause for Kobe's 61 and chants of MVP. But I'd definitely be the first one to go to these games and make sure my boos for lebron and kobe are heard by somebody...anybody. I like to sit close so I'd make sure lebron and kobe hear my boos. lol

I don't think there are a minority of true knick fans...it just seems as though more bandwagoners tend to go to the games when kobe or lebron show up.

KBlack25

Starter

Dude...I was AT that game!

I started the "Beat Your Wife Jason, Beat Your Wife" **clap** **clap** chant as well as the "Asshole" chant toward K-Mart, at least in my section.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I love Kobe. The best player in the NBA, and also my favorite player. I'm from Orange County and had Lakers tickets for 14 years so I love my Lakers and Knicks equally. If I were at the game, I'd welcome him and hope he didn't do too much damage on my Bockers!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I love Kobe. The best player in the NBA, and also my favorite player. I'm from Orange County and had Lakers tickets for 14 years so I love my Lakers and Knicks equally. If I were at the game, I'd welcome him and hope he didn't do too much damage on my Bockers!

BOOOOOOO....its people like you who cheered for him last year. **** Kobe Bryant. **** Lebron James. **** Dwayne Wade. They ain't Knicks right now so **** em all.

p0nder

Starter
I can admire other superstars and players when they are playing against other teams. But when that player is facing the Knicks, the gloves come off.

Take Tim Duncan for example. My favorite player for a long time now. He's a gentleman and a scholar.

But when the Spurs play the Knicks, Tim Duncan is an asshole and a bitch. He eats moldy cheese and his farts make Popovich's eyes water. His mother wears army boots and his dick is small. Also, his game is overrated and he's a bitch because he can't lead his team to victory because the guy can't talk. I also insinuate that he prefers the company of men... in bed.

Case in point, When Kobe comes to the Garden, anything less of calling him a rapist is unacceptable.

MVP chants? Really? Has the Garden gone mad? WHERE'S THE FIRE? WHERE"S SPIKE LEE TELLING REGGIE MILLER HE LOOKS LIKE DUMBO WITH DEM EARS?

Oh, does anyone remember when Kobe tried his hand at a Hip hop career? I do.

**** Kobe.