Nyc & Mta

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Just wanted to share some thoughts with some of my fellow New Yorkers...

So Last week I made a trip to NYC to see our Knicks... I get to the city, (by the way I live in Central New York (Upstate) and I head over to purchase a metro card, and I happen to catch a glimpse of the price of a 7 day unlimited ride metro card... Now keep in mind that this is the best deal available... 27 Dollars! For real? Now before some of you jump on me, let me tell you guys for 45 dollars I got a ticket from Syracuse to Penn Station on Amtrak... Am I wrong about this or is 27 dollars alot of money? For a visitor like me, I got my money's worth.. But for people who live in the city and have to commute everyday how do you guys feel? My in-laws told me they cut student fares as well? Damn... Seems foolish to me...

How about a story?

-Dead ass, I'm sitting on the train right.. I notice this incredibly hot chick on the train.. No Ipod, No paper, I'm like wow... Let me make my move... So I'm sitting there, talking to her.. Making her laugh, having this great convo, Train stops, people get on... and This Chinese lady Sits between her and I...I wanted to Choke this lady (who, by the way smelled like piss) I'm like exucse me ma'am and she's like "yahhh subway, Yahhh! atlantic pacific!" I was so pissed off... So I stand up and I start talking to this girl again come to find out she was visiting her family and lives in Florida.. She did however give me her phone number and told me to call her... We texted since then... and she said she wants to meet in the city sometime... Maybe with SOME help from the Chinese Community I could have planted her right on the train.... Ahhh oh well... Better luck next time! :crossfingers:

So thought's on the MTA?:beer:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The one thing I have a major problem with is the student metrocard situation. I got a little bro who's a frosh at high school. He needs that metrocard. He has to take the bus and the train to get to get to his H.S.

The MTA is bullshit, straight up.

johnstarky

Rotation player
The one thing I have a major problem with is the student metrocard situation. I got a little bro who's a frosh at high school. He needs that metrocard. He has to take the bus and the train to get to get to his H.S.

The MTA is bullshit, straight up.

Does he end up having to pay out of his pocket in order to use public transportation?

I had a similar problem when I was in High School.When I use to live in Manhattan I went to a school that was a few blocks away from my building but then when I moved to the Bronx my school had me registered as still living in Manhattan.I needed to bring them a light bill as proof that I had moved in order for them to give me a student card.I'm not usually one that blames people for the obstacles that I've faced in my past but the faculty in my school seemed very aloof about the needs of it's students.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Its ****ing ridiculous... Straight up, The cost of living is so high in NYC, dont get me wrong... If I could, I would move there in a split second... But paying all that cake to ride the subway and buses seems outrageous, SLY your brother must have to pay a shit load of money right?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Its ****ing ridiculous... Straight up, The cost of living is so high in NYC, dont get me wrong... If I could, I would move there in a split second... But paying all that cake to ride the subway and buses seems outrageous, SLY your brother must have to pay a shit load of money right?

The cost of living may be high, but you got paid more. My dad was a manager at this big factory in Bed Stuy when i was living over there and he made a little over one grand per week. My mom wasn't even working. Now, here in Vegas, he doesn't even make half of that. And both of my parents have to work. JUSt to make half of that.

And i heard about the Student Metrocard situation. It's pretty ****ed up, especially for my friends back there who live in Queens/BK and gotta go to school in the City.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
For comparison I can say that I pay for my month students "MTA" ( 50 % discount ) card in EU 25 € and I can use it only on way to university - 15 miles away from my home....

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Does he end up having to pay out of his pocket in order to use public transportation?

I had a similar problem when I was in High School.When I use to live in Manhattan I went to a school that was a few blocks away from my building but then when I moved to the Bronx my school had me registered as still living in Manhattan.I needed to bring them a light bill as proof that I had moved in order for them to give me a student card.I'm not usually one that blames people for the obstacles that I've faced in my past but the faculty in my school seemed very aloof about the needs of it's students.

Not yet. I think it starts at half-fare on september and then no metrocards in 2011. something like that.

Yea, this time though, its the city who is aloof. They are the ones who are effin' up.

Soon he will. It's going to be around 800 to 1,000 dollars a year for every student. SMFH

jason

Rookie
MTA service goes downhill yet the prices keep going up. who remembers using tokens to ride the subway?