Thread: disgusting!

Hybrid View

Default disgusting!

I just have to come on here and rant to some knicks fans

I was at the game last night, and it was DISGUSTING the amount of people cheering for the Lakers there. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Go to LA to do that, theres a nice place called the staples center. I almost punched this girl infront of me in the face because she was screaming like a cat everytime kobe went to the line (she was pretty hot, but still)

half the crowd last night were Lakers fans, what kinda new yorkers are you people!? Do you have any pride?

And the funny thing is as soon as kobe sucks in 3 years we will find no laker fans anywhere (unless another pau gasol-like giveaway happens, which seems to always happen to that team.)

Someone say something to make me feel better please

Make you feel better? Yankee Stadium is starting to turn to that too now

the lakers are like the yankees.they have fans everywhere.you can't really expect the garden to not have plenty of laker fans at the garden.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

This is why I don't respect downtown Manhattan...not true New Yorkers...just people going for a site visit, MSG is full of celebrities and softcore New Yorkers.

iono, American sports tends to rub me off negatively.

Knick's fanbase has gotten soft.
    Yankee's organization tend to appeal those outside of NY than Bronxnites.

Sadly, I'm stuck with these teams. Yankees win a lot, I know, I just wish they were a Bronx team. They play in the Bronx, but everything about them is so not Bronx.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This is why I don't respect downtown Manhattan...not true New Yorkers...just people going for a site visit, MSG is full of celebrities and softcore New Yorkers.

iono, American sports tends to rub me off negatively.

Knick's fanbase has gotten soft.
    Yankee's organization tend to appeal those outside of NY than Bronxnites.

Sadly, I'm stuck with these teams. Yankees win a lot, I know, I just wish they were a Bronx team. They play in the Bronx, but everything about them is so not Bronx.
    You think it's bad now? Just think about how this board will be flooded with "Long-Time Knicks Fans" (or so they claim) if/when this team becomes relevant again...How many people will be wearing their Knicks jerseys that didn't watch a game in the last decade?

It's ****ty, but it happens...NY has some of the most fair weather fans around. It was crazy to see, after the Yankees won the World Series for the first time in 9 years, how many "Yankee fans" came out of the woodwork to say they "Always supported the team".

I think u guys also forget how many ppl travel back and forth from LA and NY or moved here from there... Most of these ppl who u see cheering for LA aren't Knick fans at all (it's prob the first game they've been to in MSG this year since it's the first time we played LA in NY). My popz has had season tickets as long as I've been alive and I've seen this SOO much... Whenever we play in LA there are a lot of NY fans there as well... but the balance is worse here because we suck as a team and the Die hard fans don't really come out anymore cause it's a waist of $$$.

That is so true about the Yankees.Before 1996 I remember being the only Yankee fan in my school and the only person who knew what was going on with them.Nobody really cared about baseball or the Yankees during those days.But then as the Yankees begin to go on this great championship run everybody in my school becomes newly converted Yankee fans.Yankeemania begins to spread around like a deadly epidemic.Even people who had previously mocked me for liking such a boring sport as baseball were all of a sudden hardcore Yankee fans.

The same thing use to happen when Michael Jordan was playing.If you grew up in the 90's you would most likely have gone to a school in which mostly every student was a Chicago Bulls fan.Being a Knick fan was like rooting for the enemy since every kid would want Michael Jordan to win.I remember how my fellow classmates use to celebrate everytime the Knicks would get eliminated from a playoff series.The Knick hatred was at it's peak throughout this time period.But as soon as Jordan retired for the second time in 1999 everybody I knew jumped off the Chicago Bulls bandwagon.People all of a sudden didn't even want to talk about their favorite team anymore.The Bulls scored 49 points in a game but I couldn't rub it in anyone's face because nobody was a Bulls fan anymore.The Bulls were so irrelevant in the year 1999 that many of these people started rooting for the Knicks after hating them the year prior to that one.

That's just how frontrunners are and I've always laughed at them for having to constantly run around and find a new bandwagon to jump on.I don't believe that they root for a team with the same kind of passion that a die hard fan would root for his team.These people just like whoever is on the front pages of newspapers and on the front covers of sports magazines.They only watch a NY team whenever they're playing in the playoffs.Just like how some people only attend church on holidays such as Easter and Christmas.What ever is socially suitable and acceptable for them to do they just go ahead and follow it.If there is one thing that most NewYorkers and Americans fail at it has to be being a true fan of a team.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Jan 23, 2010 at 15:10.

Veteran

Unhappy

Originally Posted by NYKChevy
    I just have to come on here and rant to some knicks fans

I was at the game last night, and it was DISGUSTING the amount of people cheering for the Lakers there. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Go to LA to do that, theres a nice place called the staples center. I almost punched this girl infront of me in the face because she was screaming like a cat everytime kobe went to the line (she was pretty hot, but still)

half the crowd last night were Lakers fans, what kinda new yorkers are you people!? Do you have any pride?

And the funny thing is as soon as kobe sucks in 3 years we will find no laker fans anywhere (unless another pau gasol-like giveaway happens, which seems to always happen to that team.)

Someone say something to make me feel better please

New York is not only the "melting-pot" of the Human-Races, but the resting-pot of all the States.
    Everybody want to be able to say they live in New York.
    MSG is LUVIN it....makin that money from the million of die-hard fans, the famous entertainer, and all the visitors making MSG a New York land mark.
    Invest in MSG stock u win even when the team lose....by 50 points

Been a Knick fan as long as I've been watching and playing basketball. Ewing remains my favorite player of all time. I am still not sure what cemented my Knick fandom, but I think it had to do with hating on the boston celtics...

Anyways, there's all KINDS of fair-weather fans, they don't just exist in NY. Think about how many fan's the Cav's have now... Think about how many they had before LeBron... Success breeds fandom, gets jersey sales, sells tickets, creates pride, etc.

Fans like us are few and far between my friends. People that will stick with a team even when they are the laughing stock of the league are so very rare. I have people who fall into starky's category 2 continually laughing at me as the Raptors beat the lakers, destroy the knicks and we get blown out by the injured Mav's AT HOME.

Who's going to stick around to be ridiculed like that? I don't know if that makes me some kind of masochist or what but I know it ain't easy. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving this team behind in the last 10 years and never looking back.

But I'm Knicks fan 4 life! I was a fan during Van gundy, I was a fan during Isiah, I'm a fan now and I always will be. I couldn't not be a fan of this team if I tried. Basketball is ingrained in my soul and as tightly as I attach myself to the game I attach myself to this team. I breathe Knicks and I bleed Blue and Orange.