Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Should David Lee be a All-Star

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,921
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo Should David Lee be a All-Star

    David Lee has been one of the Knicks most consistent players for last 3 seasons in a row, although the Knicks are not a winning team....should David Lee become a All-Star in his 5th season?

    Yes.....No......or Why?
    <!-- / message -->

  2. #2
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Thumbs up If Iverson is, Lee should be.

    ESPN Said:


    <center>
    </center>
    Wild cards: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Boston) and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (New York)
    Three Celtics? I don't quite believe it, either, but I couldn't omit Pierce just because the fans ignored the injuries to vote in KG. The twofold truth is that I, too, always want to see KG at All-Star Weekend and that Pierce -- as we've been saying ever since his NBA Finals MVP performance in 2008 -- hovers at a new level of clutch even if his stats get more modest every season. The latest example: Pierce is quietly shooting almost 47 percent on 3-pointers. There's no way the coaches leave him off and I concur.
    The last spot, for me, came down to three: Charlotte's Jackson, Chicago's [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with a late push (ahead of teammate [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in the race to be the Bulls' first All-Star since Michael Jordan in 1998) and New York's Lee. Give me another day and I'm fairly sure I'd find a way to squeeze both Jackson and Wallace in from the Bobcats.
    Yet Lee wins out because he's suddenly so much more than a double-double guy for a team that's legitimately competing for the final playoff spot in the East instead of just dribbling out the clock to free agency. One trusted scout told me this week that he sees Lee, having emerged as a virtual point forward for the Knicks, as the most improved player in the league.
    Although his numbers are often dismissed as a byproduct of Mike D'Antoni's system, New York is actually playing at a slightly slower pace this season, which cuts down on his statistical opportunities. Lee is averaging 19.1 points to go with his 11.2 rebounds because his jumper gets more reliable every season and because D'Antoni -- with no [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at Madison Square Garden -- is running a lot of his offense through him.


    NBA.COM
    Said:

    David Lee, New York (17-24)
    19.1 PPG, 11.2 RPG, 3.4 APG

    Always known as a great rebounder, Lee has developed his offensive game quite a bit over the last two years under Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni. He's become one of the best pick-and-roll big men in the league and has expanded his shooting range to where he can knock down a 15-footer with consistency. He's averaging career highs in points and assists, is again among the league leaders in double-doubles, and ranks third in the East (behind just James and Bosh) in efficiency. Defense is still an issue and the Knicks have the same record as they did at this point last season, but they're within reach of a playoff spot.
    I say:

    Lee's held his own this year, improved on BOTH ends (though significantly on the offensive end) 19ppg and 11+rpg is as good as the elusive 20 & 10 guy that every coach wants. And as horrific as his D can be, he has improved. It's there.....But it's easily missed at times.

    Huge game against the Lakers shows that he's capable of high output against classy opponents.

    Passing awareness has really improved. 2 separate 9 assist games recently.

    Handles the ball better and his patented little dribble spin in a one on one situation is high %.

    All in all, I say...... Yes....... He should be. He led the league in double doubles last year followed by the NBA's biggest beast, Dwight Howard. Inflated numbers or no, they're still great numbers and he's a class act with a great demeanor and ethic.

    EDIT: If Zach Randolph is an All Star this year and Lee isn't, well, I'm afraid I'd have to say that's ****ing bull****.

  3. #3
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    He is not an All Star, 14 block shots for a C/PF midway through the season is not getting it done. I would put Rajon Rondo/Stephen Jackson in front of him after the 2 forwars/2 guars and C are taken.

    C Chris Bosh
    F Josh Smith
    F Gerald Wallace
    G Joe Johnson
    G Derrick Rose

    2 other Reserves: Rajon Rondo/Stephen Jackson

    I would love to see a Knick make an All Star, but I just don't feel David Lee goes all out on defense. He wants to get his stats and isn't concerned with protecting the paint and altering shots.

  4. #4
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Yes he should be....

    the numbers are enough

    19 ppg with 11 rebounds

    He is the main reason why we are even in the playoff race....he is the Knicks mvp so from that standpoint he deserves to be an allstar....he has also improved every year offensively. If Lee's defense was good then this would not even be a question but he should be in the all star game.

    I voted for him.

  5. #5
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Yes he should be....

    the numbers are enough

    19 ppg with 11 rebounds

    He is the main reason why we are even in the playoff race....he is the Knicks mvp so from that standpoint he deserves to be an allstar....he has also improved every year offensively. If Lee's defense was good then this would not even be a question but he should be in the all star game.

    I voted for him.
    WHAT PLAYOFF RACE? 17-25 Record, .405 Winning percentage and the same record as last season. There is no way he gets in, Derrick Rose and someone within the top 8 gets it. These are the facts, sorry to break it to you like that. Keep dreaming!

  6. #6
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    again inflated digits, poor defense, and a losing record

    some one please explain to me why this guy should be an all star

    wow he has a jumper

    yeahhh
    so does every other all star who has a team pushing for the playoffs

    gtf of here

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,921
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    WHAT PLAYOFF RACE? 17-25 Record, .405 Winning percentage and the same record as last season. There is no way he gets in, Derrick Rose and someone within the top 8 gets it. These are the facts, sorry to break it to you like that. Keep dreaming!

    I hate to bust your bubble but Players like Derrick Rose, Lopez, and Beasely, are like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Melo, the big reason why the "Rookie vs Solphmore" ALL-STAR was put into effect this way the term "Politics" could be used less in the NBA voting for reserves.
    u can consider this a Fact...

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,921
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    again inflated digits, poor defense, and a losing record

    some one please explain to me why this guy should be an all star

    wow he has a jumper

    yeahhh
    so does every other all star who has a team pushing for the playoffs

    gtf of here
    Thinking of the team....what are the Knick chances....if Lee get into early foul trouble and foul out early in the 4th?
    Lee's number one job on Defense is to grab the defensive-rebound so oponents like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Duncan, Dirk, Pierce, Joe Johnson, ect., ect., have only one shot at the basket. We do not want these players to get two shots on every offensive play.

    This should've been the reason why every Knick-Fan should've been balloting and making all kinds of noise on our 8th seclection draft pick Jordan Hill getting playingtime alongside of David Lee this season (maybe our 17-25 could've been 21-21), defense had alot to do with all our wins and our 1 to 5 point loses. Maybe then your aproval of Lee's performance would say differ.
    So what Hill looks clumsy on offense, but Hills clumsiness on defense make oponents alter and change their shots and think twice about coming into the paint to score on the Knicks, b/c Hill is big, strong, and quick in the paint area where he would be doing his best to impress the fans, his teammates, and coaches on all his defensive abilities defending the paint.....I must be the minority on giving Walsh props on selecting Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas in the draft.

  9. #9
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I think so.. just because there hasn't been a New York all star in a very long time. I think they will try to get the NBA ready for an All Star in NYC.. I'm telling you.. they want New York to do well

  10. #10
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Question Mark

    ]WHAT PLAYOFF RACE? 17-25 Record, .405 Winning percentage and the same record as last season. There is no way he gets in, Derrick Rose and someone within the top 8 gets it. These are the facts, sorry to break it to you like that. Keep dreaming!
    This one.

    Do a little bit of math and use your imagination before you get antsy.
    <table class="genStatTable mainStandings" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="11" class="confTitle">
    </td> </tr> <tr class="title"> <td class="name">Eastern</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>PCT</td> <td>GB</td> <td>CONF</td> <td>DIV</td> <td>HOME</td> <td>ROAD</td> <td>L 10</td> <td>STREAK</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">1</sup></td> <td>34</td> <td>11</td> <td>0.756</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>18-6</td> <td>5-1</td> <td>17-3</td> <td>17-8</td> <td>7-3</td> <td>W 4</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">2</sup></td> <td>28</td> <td>13</td> <td>0.683</td> <td>4.0</td> <td>19-8</td> <td>8-1</td> <td>12-7</td> <td>16-6</td> <td>5-5</td> <td>W 1</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">3</sup></td> <td>28</td> <td>14</td> <td>0.667</td> <td>4.5</td> <td>16-10</td> <td>4-4</td> <td>18-5</td> <td>10-9</td> <td>7-3</td> <td>W 2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">4</sup></td> <td>29</td> <td>15</td> <td>0.659</td> <td>4.5</td> <td>19-9</td> <td>5-3</td> <td>16-4</td> <td>13-11</td> <td>5-5</td> <td>W 3</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">5</sup></td> <td>23</td> <td>20</td> <td>0.535</td> <td>10.0</td> <td>14-8</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>13-10</td> <td>10-10</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>W 2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">6</sup></td> <td>22</td> <td>22</td> <td>0.500</td> <td>11.5</td> <td>15-15</td> <td>3-3</td> <td>14-6</td> <td>8-16</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>W 1</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">7</sup></td> <td>21</td> <td>21</td> <td>0.500</td> <td>11.5</td> <td>15-16</td> <td>4-4</td> <td>18-5</td> <td>3-16</td> <td>7-3</td> <td>L 2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">8</sup></td> <td>20</td> <td>22</td> <td>0.476</td> <td>12.5</td> <td>13-12</td> <td>6-3</td> <td>14-7</td> <td>6-15</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>W 2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>18</td> <td>24</td> <td>0.429</td> <td>14.5</td> <td>10-12</td> <td>4-4</td> <td>13-7</td> <td>5-17</td> <td>4-6</td> <td>W 1</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>17</td> <td>25</td> <td>0.405</td> <td>15.5</td> <td>12-16</td> <td>3-4</td> <td>10-12</td> <td>7-13</td> <td>5-5</td> <td>L 1</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>15</td> <td>28</td> <td>0.349</td> <td>18.0</td> <td>11-14</td> <td>1-6</td> <td>11-11</td> <td>4-17</td> <td>4-6</td> <td>L 2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>15</td> <td>28</td> <td>0.349</td> <td>18.0</td> <td>8-15</td> <td>4-4</td> <td>7-14</td> <td>8-14</td> <td>5-5</td> <td>W 2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>15</td> <td>29</td> <td>0.341</td> <td>18.5</td> <td>11-16</td> <td>1-3</td> <td>10-11</td> <td>5-18</td> <td>4-6</td> <td>L 1</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>14</td> <td>28</td> <td>0.333</td> <td>18.5</td> <td>10-16</td> <td>2-6</td> <td>8-13</td> <td>6-15</td> <td>3-7</td> <td>L 2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>3</td> <td>40</td> <td>0.070</td> <td>30.0</td> <td>3-21</td> <td>1-7</td> <td>2-17</td> <td>1-23</td> <td>0-10</td> <td>L 11</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Any one of the highlighted teams could go on a winning or losing streak substantial enough to get them in to or out of the race for 8th spot. There's still half a season left. Depending on timing absolutely ANY of those teams could find themselves in the post season.

    That playoff race.

    There's been plenty of conversation about it.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i have been a lee detractor for awhile, liking his hustle, nose for the ball, rebounding, but thinking his "D", and jumper sux's... well he has def improved his jumper... no longer is he 'deadly' from 5ft and in, he is how is quite accurate from 12/15ft... quite an improvement.. is he an allstar... being a ny'er i say yesss... but every year there are deserving players that are left off...

  12. #12
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Derrick Rose doesn't deserve it this year thats for sure. Ok so recently he's been playing well but consistency? No way. He was playing like a chump until December. Really regressed from last season, too much expectation and hype around this quiet kid and he buckled a bit under the pressure.

    Good to see him getting back to last seasons level though, but all-star? No sorry.

    Lee? Yes.

  13. #13
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    wow is that really the Net record??? 3-40? Man if that is the Knicks someday shoot me


    Edit... PS--- This is my 2,000 post here at Knicksonline
    It has been a great few years with you guys! Here is to many more!

  14. #14
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    This one.

    Do a little bit of math and use your imagination before you get antsy.
    <table class="genStatTable mainStandings" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="11" class="confTitle">
    </td> </tr> <tr class="title"> <td class="name">Eastern</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>PCT</td> <td>GB</td> <td>CONF</td> <td>DIV</td> <td>HOME</td> <td>ROAD</td> <td>L 10</td> <td>STREAK</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">1</sup></td> <td>34</td> <td>11</td> <td>0.756</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>18-6</td> <td>5-1</td> <td>17-3</td> <td>17-8</td> <td>7-3</td> <td>W 4</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">2</sup></td> <td>28</td> <td>13</td> <td>0.683</td> <td>4.0</td> <td>19-8</td> <td>8-1</td> <td>12-7</td> <td>16-6</td> <td>5-5</td> <td>W 1</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">3</sup></td> <td>28</td> <td>14</td> <td>0.667</td> <td>4.5</td> <td>16-10</td> <td>4-4</td> <td>18-5</td> <td>10-9</td> <td>7-3</td> <td>W 2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">4</sup></td> <td>29</td> <td>15</td> <td>0.659</td> <td>4.5</td> <td>19-9</td> <td>5-3</td> <td>16-4</td> <td>13-11</td> <td>5-5</td> <td>W 3</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">5</sup></td> <td>23</td> <td>20</td> <td>0.535</td> <td>10.0</td> <td>14-8</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>13-10</td> <td>10-10</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>W 2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">6</sup></td> <td>22</td> <td>22</td> <td>0.500</td> <td>11.5</td> <td>15-15</td> <td>3-3</td> <td>14-6</td> <td>8-16</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>W 1</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">7</sup></td> <td>21</td> <td>21</td> <td>0.500</td> <td>11.5</td> <td>15-16</td> <td>4-4</td> <td>18-5</td> <td>3-16</td> <td>7-3</td> <td>L 2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<sup class="super">8</sup></td> <td>20</td> <td>22</td> <td>0.476</td> <td>12.5</td> <td>13-12</td> <td>6-3</td> <td>14-7</td> <td>6-15</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>W 2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>18</td> <td>24</td> <td>0.429</td> <td>14.5</td> <td>10-12</td> <td>4-4</td> <td>13-7</td> <td>5-17</td> <td>4-6</td> <td>W 1</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>17</td> <td>25</td> <td>0.405</td> <td>15.5</td> <td>12-16</td> <td>3-4</td> <td>10-12</td> <td>7-13</td> <td>5-5</td> <td>L 1</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>15</td> <td>28</td> <td>0.349</td> <td>18.0</td> <td>11-14</td> <td>1-6</td> <td>11-11</td> <td>4-17</td> <td>4-6</td> <td>L 2</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>15</td> <td>28</td> <td>0.349</td> <td>18.0</td> <td>8-15</td> <td>4-4</td> <td>7-14</td> <td>8-14</td> <td>5-5</td> <td>W 2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>15</td> <td>29</td> <td>0.341</td> <td>18.5</td> <td>11-16</td> <td>1-3</td> <td>10-11</td> <td>5-18</td> <td>4-6</td> <td>L 1</td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>14</td> <td>28</td> <td>0.333</td> <td>18.5</td> <td>10-16</td> <td>2-6</td> <td>8-13</td> <td>6-15</td> <td>3-7</td> <td>L 2</td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="team">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>3</td> <td>40</td> <td>0.070</td> <td>30.0</td> <td>3-21</td> <td>1-7</td> <td>2-17</td> <td>1-23</td> <td>0-10</td> <td>L 11</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Any one of the highlighted teams could go on a winning or losing streak substantial enough to get them in to or out of the race for 8th spot. There's still half a season left. Depending on timing absolutely ANY of those teams could find themselves in the post season.

    That playoff race.

    There's been plenty of conversation about it.
    We're 8 games under .500, so that means Brandon Jennings, Andrew Bogut who I think is having a better overall season than Lee should get in. So that means Danny Granger gets in with 14 games under .500. Damn we have a very good player in Lee but some here think he is in the Brandon Roy category who makes everyone around him better. To me Lee's game and stats don't mean ****, the way he protects the rim angers me to the point I hope all coaches are watching and he gets snub. He doesn't deserve it, period!

  15. #15
    Member BlackH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Avon, Colorado, deep in the Rockies, played ball in St. Louis
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Yes

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    David Lee has been one of the Knicks most consistent players for last 3 seasons in a row, although the Knicks are not a winning team....should David Lee become a All-Star in his 5th season?

    Yes.....No......or Why?
    <!-- / message -->
    I watch every game, listen to the other teams announcers (DISH).
    All of them say it is because it is fans voting. AI a starter?
    Dirk not in?
    He is put in the wrong catagory, would you pick him or Dwight Howard as a center? He is a forward at 6.7 and 3/4 height. Was a guard in high school, broke his left wrist, thats why he is ambi, and good with the ball. Hit a growth spurt as a Junior in High School, then moved to Center.

Similar Threads

  1. David Lee An All Star?
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2009, 10:38
  2. Analysis on David Lee
    By Blas in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2009, 10:05
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2009, 09:02
  4. ESPN ANALYSIS: START DAVID LEE and NATE
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2008, 11:18
  5. David Lee New Dimension
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2007, 12:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •