What is He????

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
NyKuniversity

I went back to look for stats on Robinson in college...

2004-2005
Games played: 35 Rebounds/game: 3.9
Points/game: 16.4 Assists/game: 4.5
FG Pct: 46.3 Turnovers/game: 2.0
3FG Pct: 38.5 Assist/turnover ratio: 2.2
FT Pct: 78.2 Steals/game: 1.7
Blocks/game: 0.2

He started every game his last year with the Huskies yet only average 4.5 assists with a 2.2 turnover ratio. Where has he ever been a true PG?

2003-2004
Games played: 31 Rebounds/game: 3.9
Points/game: 13.2 Assists/game: 2.7
FG Pct: 44.7 Turnovers/game: 2.0
3FG Pct: 35.4 Assist/turnover ratio: 1.4
FT Pct: 85.3 Steals/game: 1.7
Blocks/game: 0.1

2002-2003
Games played: 23 Rebounds/game: 3.9
Points/game: 13.0 Assists/game: 2.3
FG Pct: 46.2 Turnovers/game: 1.8
3FG Pct: 25.7 Assist/turnover ratio: 1.2
FT Pct: 71.9 Steals/game: 1.1

Those are not the stats of a PG...they are the stats of a scoring combo guard. Nate needs to dominate the ball to create HIS OWN SHOTS...he is not interested in orchestrating an offense. No where is his career has he ever been touted as a pure PG. Do you honestly think he can run the point in Dant's system on a nightly basis? FOr all of Duhon's faults he is careful with ball, gets Lee his shots and is the starting PG on the best Knicks team in over 5 years. Add to the fact that Duhon has limited playoff experience and it's clear at this point he is our best option at PG. Douglas if given a chance may be able to be better but we are in a playoff hunt right now so why would we rock the boat? If we continue to go 2-8 and eliminate our chances at a playoff appearance then I will be happy to experiment with who ever. That said I still don't think Nate has ever shown that he can be a starting PG let alone a started for Dan'ts offense.

p0nder

Starter
He is not the answer.

The Answer was the answer and our team sunk the season when we decided to not sign one of the best pg's in the league's history and give Tony Douglas someone to actually learn skills from, instead of picking up bad habits from Duhon.

Nate's inability to create opportunities for his teammates is what limits his potential role as starting PG. 4.5 assists in college? That's terrible for a guy some people endorse as our starting PG. He just doesn't run the pick and roll all that effectively, he's not the greatest at utilizing screens, setting up players for open shots, etc. He does much better moving without the ball or running the floor. These are the reasons why so many people see him as a combo/shooting guard instead of a PG.

Yet, I agree that he couldn't do much worse then Duhon. I see them both as defensive liabilites. Duhon because of speed, Nate because of size. If we're playing the rockets I'd rather have nate out there to match Brooks speed. If we're playing against the nuggets you'd rather have Duhon on Billups because Nate is too small to guard him effectively.

I see no reason that Duhon's minutes can't be limited and Nate's minutes increased. Especially in back-to-back games where Duhon's bad conditioning is very apparent.

The bottom line: we need to look outside of this organization for our PG solution. It's not here yet. It's possible that it's waiting in Douglas, but do you really want to give a Rookie one of the worst teams in the league with the most pressure from fans to produce wins? That would be terrible for his self-confidence and our ability to trade him. No, we need to bring in something better...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
He is not the answer.

The Answer was the answer and our team sunk the season when we decided to not sign one of the best pg's in the league's history and give Tony Douglas someone to actually learn skills from, instead of picking up bad habits from Duhon.

Nate's inability to create opportunities for his teammates is what limits his potential role as starting PG. 4.5 assists in college? That's terrible for a guy some people endorse as our starting PG. He just doesn't run the pick and roll all that effectively, he's not the greatest at utilizing screens, setting up players for open shots, etc. He does much better moving without the ball or running the floor. These are the reasons why so many people see him as a combo/shooting guard instead of a PG.

Yet, I agree that he couldn't do much worse then Duhon. I see them both as defensive liabilites. Duhon because of speed, Nate because of size. If we're playing the rockets I'd rather have nate out there to match Brooks speed. If we're playing against the nuggets you'd rather have Duhon on Billups because Nate is too small to guard him effectively.

I see no reason that Duhon's minutes can't be limited and Nate's minutes increased. Especially in back-to-back games where Duhon's bad conditioning is very apparent.

The bottom line: we need to look outside of this organization for our PG solution. It's not here yet. It's possible that it's waiting in Douglas, but do you really want to give a Rookie one of the worst teams in the league with the most pressure from fans to produce wins? That would be terrible for his self-confidence and our ability to trade him. No, we need to bring in something better...

I may be wrong but didn't Brook and Lowry eat up Nate last time they played? I seem to recall thinking...damn Brook is quick..he is burning Nate.

TunerAddict

Starter
lol at people thinking Nate can play PG

Cat has had 5 years+ to develop the skills. He hasn't. IF you don't have the skills, guess whose fault it is. Yours. Not the coach, he isn't at your house in the summer stopping you from working out. Not the GM, he isn't slashing your tries so you can't go up to the gym. Its you.

Duhon plays because he is the only PG on the roster. Douglas and Nate aren't point guards.

Really this is why we're ****ed because Duhon is the only PG we have and there aren't any decent ones we can pick up. PG play in the NBA is mad top heavy. Couple of elite play makers and then a lot of recycled crap.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nate is a (scoring) PG

Nate was drafted as a PG....his draft report was good/bad just like his teammate Brandon Roy (Minny's feeling the draft trade of Roy).
Nates draft class were CP3, Deron, and Felton, which received all the draft media.

Nate Robinson never had a chance in hell of getting playingtime over Marbury & Crawford whom both hogged the PG position b/c they were Isiah Thomas, 36 minute per game pet players.
Little-Nate's pressure on the ball coming up court while sneaking around big oponents to create havoc to take teams out of their game plan was a much better defense than what we were getting from Marbury/Crawford, which earned Nate some playingtime at the SG position.
However, whenever Nate ran the point with either Marbury or Crawford as his SG the Knicks outscored their oponents during that run (transition).
That's a fact.
Another fact is coach Larry Brown and coach Isiah made Nate slow-down to walking the ball up the court so his teammates (Curry and .....) would not get tired before the 4th quarter (taking Nate out of his "transition" game).

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Dantoni let Nate be Nate lastseason, which is why we all say Nate is a spark-plug, or an energy player off the bench. What's the problem?

The problem lies with Nate always having to break-in every new teammate added to the Knicks roster within his playingtime minutes from coach Isiah to coach Dantoni.....then Nate have to accept these same players move to the Starting-Lineup.....while Little-Nate is still breaking in some more new teammates within his playingtime minutes.

We all should remember the (2006-7) impact of PG-Nate, Crawford, Lee, and Balkman off the bench outscoring 90% of all our oponents to come-back from a double digit lead our starters Marbury, Frances, Q.Richardson, Frye, and Curry, gave each first period.

Signing Duhon in the 2008 offseason....we all should be aware that from the start of the Preseason games all the way to the 2008-9 54th regular season game Duhon was given 44 minutes per game at the PG position.
The fact of the matter still remains....Duhon, Crawford, and Marbury are only "Halfcourt offensive PG".

Give Nate a young SG-(Eric Gordon, Terrence Williams, Toney Douglas) to tandem with in the backcourt, the two-guards after steady playingtime together (10 straight games) performance would make them FINISHERS of each game.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Food for thought... Nate Robinson is 5'9" generously. He is probably the most athletic player on the roster. Previously I noticed (and others) the NYK's record was recently better w/o N8. That said N8's potential is still greater than Duhon's. Now what's this: Nate isn't a PG, undisciplined, ball-hog shit? I mean, he is limited (like everyone) but what position did he/ his agent/ the FO think he was suited for? Yes he shoots, but the position he was in ALLOWED him to. Yes his assist/turn ratio isn't the best, but again his job was to score. The whole inconsistent, can't hit big shots thing- again this n!gga is 5'9" and playing shooting guard, after being beat-up and carrying the team in some games why is he the "go to guy" all of a sudden? Just because he is one of the best shooters we have does that mean he plays SG by default? I mean best by ability not statistically. And we know he's too small to post up so... all he has is driving and hitting jumpers (sounds like a PG to me). So let's see: Mike D'antoni is a star coach, he has a need for PG, he has a athletic, fast, 5'9" slam dunk champ with experience who is clearly (at least) better than Duhon (so is Douglas) who can shoot and slash (draw fouls) and he can't make this guy into a valuable PG? Didn't he transform Nash? Don't we need a point? WTF was Nate gonna be a SG at 5'9" when all he lacked was discipline, passing/ vision, and some support to build confidence- the same thing that Duhon is being given! Sure his D isn't the best- but neither is Duhon's. I guess I can't blame D'antoni for this one either... I mean Jeffries (was a SF) now he plays C, Lee is a PF now he plays C, Chandler was SF now he is a SG. Gallo is 6'10" (taller than Lee) but he's a SF and Nate is a 5'9" SG.... WTF is happening? BTW is it me, or do we really look bad AFTER one of these fake trade rumors surface- don't know why, but pay attention and look back, you'll see- we're talking about getting someone- and we do worse any opinions? D'ant can't make N8 better than Duhon?...smh

Dude. Seriously. Learn to write in shortened paragraphs.

Duhon is shit.

Nate can't really play point that well, but on offense, he's better than Duhon.I'd give the defensive upper hand to Duhon though. Nate gets embarrassed regularly on D. Not that a lot of other Knicks don't.

Basically, we just need a real point guard. Neither of them can get it done satisfactorily on both ends.

Post Script:

Duhon is the only player I can honestly say I've ever Despised.
He has to be one of the leagues absolute worst starting 5 players. I wish D'Antoni would give Douglas more PT.

Kiyaman

Legend
lol at people thinking Nate can play PG

Cat has had 5 years+ to develop the skills. He hasn't. IF you don't have the skills, guess whose fault it is. Yours. Not the coach, he isn't at your house in the summer stopping you from working out. Not the GM, he isn't slashing your tries so you can't go up to the gym. Its you.

Duhon plays because he is the only PG on the roster. Douglas and Nate aren't point guards.

Really this is why we're ****ed because Duhon is the only PG we have and there aren't any decent ones we can pick up. PG play in the NBA is mad top heavy. Couple of elite play makers and then a lot of recycled crap.

I believe the "TOPIC" of this thread is to give Nate the "oportunity" to see if he can perform at the PG.
What is Dantoni afraid of....it cant be a loss.
Is it Nate performance in a "same-player" lineup?
or did Dantoni personally select Duhon and Roberson?

Nate was never given the oportunity to perform at the PG.....during Marbury, Crawford, and now Duhon tour with the Knicks, whom all were/are our head coach favorite pet-players, they receive consistent playingtime no matter how bad their performance were in the previous 10 straight games.
Marbury was inconsistent every season.
Crawford was inconsistent his entire career.
Duhon is not only inconsistent but have to be in the top-3 worst starting PG in the NBA this season.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I believe the "TOPIC" of this thread is to give Nate the "oportunity" to see if he can perform at the PG.
What is Dantoni afraid of....it cant be a loss.
Is it Nate performance in a "same-player" lineup?
or did Dantoni personally select Duhon and Roberson?

Nate was never given the oportunity to perform at the PG.....during Marbury, Crawford, and now Duhon tour with the Knicks, whom all were/are our head coach favorite pet-players, they receive consistent playingtime no matter how bad their performance were in the previous 10 straight games.
Marbury was inconsistent every season.
Crawford was inconsistent his entire career.
Duhon is not only inconsistent but have to be in the top-3 worst starting PG in the NBA this season.

Kiya...don't you think Nate gets to run point in practices all the time? Don't you think he has been given an opportunity to show what he can do in scrimmages, workouts, preseason and his time off the bench? Why do you think if he were given the starting position that he would magically show something he hasn't in 5+ years in the NBA and 3 years in college? Do you honestly think that three coaches all had a grudge against Nate that was so deep they all decided not to play him at point and rather play inferior players who they happen to like personally? If you do believe that then I would ask for vidence of that. Further I would ask why Nate only averaged 2.5 assists during his college career and only 4.5 assists with a 2.2 turnover ratio in his last with the Huskies as a starter in every game. In his best year he still averaged less assists than Duhon and had a way worse assist to turnover ratio!

When has Nate ever been a PG? Never...he does not even try to pretend he is a PG. The only reason people want or expect him to play that role is because he is short and quick. If he had the same exact game but was 6'5" not a single one of you would be expecting him to play any other position than SG. This discussion boils down to Nate being undersized for any other position therefore people conclude he must be a PG even though his entire career suggests otherwise.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Good points?

1. Nate has been coached for just as long as Duhon...point one shredded.
2. We did not spend "all this money" we gave the dude a 1 year minimum offer if I am not mistaken...the swag and buzz he will generate in the slamdunk contest will make up for his salary cost plus some.

Go ahead dude...it's clear you wan't to take a run at me..stop quoting other posters and form a coherent argument and I will be glad to shred you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First off, the only thing you could shred is a bucket of wings at KFC. So STOP FRONTIN', fat boy.

There's a reason I'm not responding to your bullshit. You write the dumbest shit ever. check it out:

He played football and can only play professional sports because he is an athletic freak.

He is there to provide instant offense, make game winners and sell seats.

This is not true, n8 has been in the league years now...he is not a rookie. He has had ample practices, teammate injuries and games to show he can be a consistent PG.

Damn...I hate to defend Dudu because I don't like him and I think he is a backup PG and not a starter but:

Dant turned Duhon from a 3rd string PG riding the bench into a SERVICEABLE PG who has had some great stretches as a Knick. On occasion he can hit a big shot...

Duhon while far from a good defender did play quite well against Kobe the other night...

Nate is a better overall player, better athlete, better shooter and is more clutch...Duhon is a better PG...sadly. I like N8, I am not a hater, never been one...I am pragmatic and know basketball. The dude is simply not a PG that can run an offense nightly let alone one as complex as Dant's.

N8 can't and won't be a starting PG on a winning team...I will go all in on that! The year nate starts at PG for a winning team on a nightly basis is the year I will retire my KO.com account.

Dan't has no choice...sadly Duhon is the best PG we have now. (hughes if given a chance would be better) Maybe Douglas is better given time but that is a gamble as well.

I would take Duhon as a backup PG though...he can definitely contribute some productive minutes coming off the bench behind a good PG.

We signed him to a 1 year deal at like 4 mil. (too lazy to look up actual salary) That is not a lot of money nor was it a long term commitment. N8 is most likely gone next year and will fit in on a contender who needs energy off the bench.

LMAO. You have the intellect of a crackhead.

My first post wasn't even directed at you, yet your vagina got madd tight and you decided to say some bullshit towards it. Then I answered back with one line, and what do you do? You gave me two more paragraphs of more bullshit. Like I said before, just give up.

and now for the best part:

I didn't cry or bitch about anything...that's your Modus Oprendi my Pakistani chiren. :thumbsup: Your response is like your overweight mother in a milkshake shop...you both are grasping at straws. I refuted a troll who provided zero substance, I challenged him with facts and he ran to another thread to cry for an undersized SG to become our starting PG instead of having a reasonable debate in this thread...notice how I had a reasonable discussion with Red...it's because we were talking the actual game of basketball and the Knicks unlike other scrubs who can only muster a weak ass troll without facts or an argument...trolls get beaten back under the bridge where they belong.

What happened to you having me on ignore...couldn't resist huh? Couldn't take it that I ignored all your pathetic attempts at baiting me...making all your false declarations of victory again when I was schooling your bitchass internet crew for the umpteenth time evidenced by the sad thread you created to jock your number one sycophant...okay little man, you got my attention...I'll throw you the ball so you can stop crying to coach that I ain't giving you any playing time.

when trillion calls others a "troll" its like Osama bin laden calling others a terrorist. You know that ain't right.

Yo, troll-ion, how come you ain't sharing your home videos with us? why you holding out? :lol:

(props to NYKnuniversity for the vid)

troll-ion, while you sit under your bridge and contemplate your next move, just remember one thing...I don't stunt, I regulate.

*trillion responds in 3...2...1...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
It's been well documented on this board that I have, in the past, supported D'Antoni as well as Duhon. But right now, I don't understand what's going on.

Duhon is in the slump to end all slumps. He dished the ball well last night, but this guy poses no threat shooting right now. Honestly, give any of us on here 18 shots from 3, I bet we'd all make at least 1...Duhon 0 for his last 18 from 3? That's bad on a whole other level.

Now I've been okay with D'Antoni benching Nate for 14 games, and I was okay with him benching Hughes. But he has to bench Duhon, or at least slide him back a bit. Give Hughes a start, give Nate a start, hell give Toney freakin' Douglas a start. But Duhon just isn't getting it done besides making a few nice passes a night.

I understand playing him if he gives us a better chance to win, but fact is right now he doesn't. Does Nate? I don't know, maybe. The fact is I don't think Nate is really a PG. Yeah, he makes some nice passes here and there, and pushes the ball. But last night, coming down court on the break, with numbers, he pulled up for a three (and missed)...that's not a shot I want my PG taking. He came down another time, him v. 3 T'Wolves and popped a three, and though it went in, it's just not a bright shot to take, especially with no one under to rebound.

Ultimately I think Nate is a smaller, less good version of AI. I don't think I trust him at PG, but I say why not give him a shot? The Duhon-thing isn't working right now, and I doubt Duhon will be a Knick next year (Robinson has a better chance of that).

Honestly, though, I'd like to see what Toney Douglas has. He looked good early, and is signed longer than both Nate and Duhon...let's give him a shot, what do we have to lose?

good points...

The haters aren't even willing to give Nate a shot at starting, which is ridiculous. Until we get a good point guard, we should insert Nate into the starting line-up as the PG.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Surprise surprise...it took you 4 days to respond with nothing but lame inaccurate assertions all of which have zero to do with basketball. It's clear that you can't win a debate on the merits therefore need to come with a bunch of smiley faces and bolded sentences mixed with a splash of large fonts all in an attempt to mask your stunningly low basketball IQ and inability to formulate a coherent thought.

First off, the only thing you could shred is a bucket of wings at KFC. So STOP FRONTIN', fat boy.

Wow another fat joke directed at someone who is not fat...

me333.jpg

...for a self proclaimed "verbal assassin" it took you several days to come up with that? Thats how you kick off your "assassination"? :teeth: pfft. You're a clown and a know-nothing...you can't contribute anything to this site beyond lame game threads with incorrect starting lineups and cut/paste pictures you have stored on your mothers computer.

There's a reason I'm not responding to your bullshit.

Yet you just responded by saying your not going to respond...clown ass nukka! Further you responded to EVERYTHING except my points on BASKETBALL, the KNICKS and the TOPIC of this thread! That tells me you are just mad that your anus got exposed by my "logical long-dicking" of your bbball knowledge and it's left you irritated, chaffed and red.

My first post wasn't even directed at you, yet your vagina got madd tight and you decided to say some bullshit towards it. Then I answered back with one line, and what do you do? You gave me two more paragraphs of more bullshit. Like I said before, just give up.

I got mad...really? Lets examine the actual facts and expose your nonsense for what it is!

You said:
What gets to me is how a handful of people still want duhon to start over Nate. it's mindboggling.

Nate was NEVER given the chance to play PG the way that duhound was. It's a damn shame really. If our bum-ass coach would have put Nate in as full-time PG last year, Nate would be putting up all-star numbers by now.

I then responded without insult, anger or frustration:

Just about every player on the Knicks is better than Duhon...but sadly Duhon is our best PG. Gallo is better than Duhon...should he start at PG? Of course not! Wanna know why? He isn't a PG...neither is Nate!

Being under 6 feet tall does not qualify one to run the point on a nightly basis.

A completely legitimate point without a single insult, bolded letter or emote. What did your bitchass do? Did you respond back countering my point with logic or a demonstration of you knowledge? NOPE! You got frustrated and emotional and threw a half-wits idea of an insult at me:

Your logic is immensely flawed. You make no damn sense. Just give up.

See how easy it is to correct the record! Check and mate! It was you who threw the first insult...it was you who got mad and it is you could not have a reasonable debate on the topic of the thread.

and now for the best part

The following is your best? Damn I gave you more credit than you deserve! SMFH!

when trillion calls others a "troll" its like Osama bin laden calling others a terrorist. You know that ain't right.

What a carefully crafted analogy! :rolling:

As evidenced from the above quotes it is YOU who entered this thread, threw some insults, didn't respond thoughtfully to the topic in an meaningful way and then ran to other threads to make your grossly inaccurate claims that N8 should be our starting PG. That my dimwitted child is indeed a troll! BTW...I like how you can call me a troll when you are quoting someones post where they entered this thread calling me a dick from the jump. The same poster you pal around with who dug up and posted dead bodies of Jews killed in the halocuast all while calling me a hooked nosed kike...yea ...I'm the troll! :thumbsup:

Yo, troll-ion, how come you ain't sharing your home videos with us? why you holding out?

I don't want you jumping of of the QB bridge in a jealous fit of envy over my life and rage at god for forsaking thee.

troll-ion, while you sit under your bridge and contemplate your next move, just remember one thing...I don't stunt, I regulate.

I like how I said days ago that you are a troll and I beat you back under the bridge and now you are parroting my lines and claiming them as your own. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...thanks!

The only thing you regulate is your daily intake of sperm...either large quantities or even larger amounts. :barf:

trillion shreds fools in 3...2...1...

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
BTW NYKuniversity, I assume from your name that you are Jewish(could be wrong)...before you align yourself with these fools just know their whole crew is a bunch of bitchass anti-semitic haters who find it funny to post Holocaust pics of mass graves all while calling me cheap, scum, hooked nose and my religion a plague on humanity.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
It's funny when people try to mask their lack of intelligence and inability to string together paragraphs by making their post look really big with a bunch of dead space, smiley faces and large bolded fonts! :beer:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think what the majority of people in here is trying to say is that although Nate isn't a "true PG", he has at least earned the right to take over Duhon's position. Dantoni finishes games with Nate so obviously he trusts him to some degree. Duhon has been given more than enough time to break out of his slump.

Some people may have an issue with Nate's style of play at the point but unless he stops putting the ball in the basket, he's a valid option. The extent of Duhon's PG play is the pick and roll with ONLY David Lee. Duhon fails to create shots for anyone else on a consistent basis, so to me there is nothing to lose by benching him for Nate.

Duhon - Subpar shooter, subpar court vision, subpar defender, limited quickness, can't score in the paint

Replace with:

Nate - Good shooter, subpar court vision, subpar defender, quick to the basket where he can score and draw fouls

I don't care that Nate isn't a true PG. Sit Duhon's ass down and shake things up. It's not like we were getting great PG play with Duhon anyway.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
BTW NYKuniversity, I assume from your name that you are Jewish(could be wrong)...before you align yourself with these fools just know their whole crew is a bunch of bitchass anti-semitic haters who find it funny to post Holocaust pics of mass graves all while calling me cheap, scum, hooked nose and my religion a plague on humanity.
1. Why are you posting this?

2. Don't assume anything about me after you sent me a private message telling me to "suck your dick" because I don't agree with you trying to rip everyone a new ***hole on this thread. I understand that people insulted you, but really it just makes people pissed off. You're behind a computer...save it.

3. I don't discriminate. I'm on this forum to associate with other Knicks fans. Not to get mad at them because of their opinions on outside issues. I am Jewish, but they can keep their hatred for Jewish people in their personal lives. I'm Columbia educated. No anti-semitic person will be able to get to me on a forum for god's sakes.

4. Just stop trying to being an arrogant a**hole on every thread you post on.

Word.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya...don't you think Nate gets to run point in practices all the time? Don't you think he has been given an opportunity to show what he can do in scrimmages, workouts, preseason and his time off the bench? Why do you think if he were given the starting position that he would magically show something he hasn't in 5+ years in the NBA and 3 years in college? Do you honestly think that three coaches all had a grudge against Nate that was so deep they all decided not to play him at point and rather play inferior players who they happen to like personally? If you do believe that then I would ask for vidence of that. Further I would ask why Nate only averaged 2.5 assists during his college career and only 4.5 assists with a 2.2 turnover ratio in his last with the Huskies as a starter in every game. In his best year he still averaged less assists than Duhon and had a way worse assist to turnover ratio!

When has Nate ever been a PG? Never...he does not even try to pretend he is a PG. The only reason people want or expect him to play that role is because he is short and quick. If he had the same exact game but was 6'5" not a single one of you would be expecting him to play any other position than SG. This discussion boils down to Nate being undersized for any other position therefore people conclude he must be a PG even though his entire career suggests otherwise.

Trill.....in alot of your responses u make alot of valid points here and there, but u keep forgetting the Knicks been without a decent 30 minute natural SG for so long (no starter or no backup SG).
Crawford was so inconsistent that coach Larry Brown had to use him as a 6th-man combo guard.
Coach Larry Brown had great success using rookie Nate as the PG (6-game win streak) none of our coaches beat that streak yet....untill Brown called the youngest player on the team "Delusional" which made all the Knick players and coaching-staff turned their back on Larry Brown (Owner Dolan had no other choice but to FIRE Larry Brown and pay that expensive high salary).

The Three coaches u mention

Coach Larry Brown only used Nate as a PG....beating Nash, Arenas, and Billups teams with a 30 minute Nate Robinson.
Coach Isiah Thomas had PG-Francis, PG-Marbury, and inconsistent Crawford.....Nate Robinson wanted playintime and got it at the PG early in the season off the bench alongside of SG-Crawford, SF-Balkman, and PF-Lee. Untill Jefferies came off the injured list and put as a 30 minute starter. 3 games later the Denver-Brawl where Nate was labeled "imature" leading to Nate DNP alongside of rookie PG Mardy Collins and Balkman. While the Knicks ran a 3-guard offense of Francis, Marbury, and Crawford. After that Nate was only use for the missing backup SG on the Knicks b/c Q.Richardson was the worst starting SG in the NBA.

Dantoni let Nate be the PG alonside SG-Marbury in the 2008-9 Preseason games.....the two tandem-guards came off the bench to out-scored over every oponent thrown at them in the first half and 2nd half of the game, while shining over starters Duhon & Crawford each game....to where Boston's Eddie House tried everything in his power (yelling off the bench) to get into Marbury's head to throw Marbury off his game.
When regular season started Dantoni use Nate's scoring off the bench for the missing backup SG position (Q.Richardson was still at his worst) while Duhon received 44 minutes as the Knicks PG the first 54 games of the 2008-9 season.

KBlack25

Starter
good points...

The haters aren't even willing to give Nate a shot at starting, which is ridiculous. Until we get a good point guard, we should insert Nate into the starting line-up as the PG.

See...that's my biggest problem.

You know as well as I do I was totally fine with the Nate benching. But right now the fact is Duhon isn't getting it done. Is this team a playoff team? Probably not (though anything can happen in the weak East, we might see a 7 and 8 seed each with records under .500). But that just speaks to us having nothing to lose putting Nate in there as the starter.

Do I think Nate is a world-beater PG, someone that can lead us to the promised land? No. But if one guy doesn't get it done FIND SOMEONE THAT WILL. If that means Larry Hughes has to start (which I don't want to see) because he plays the best PG, then so be it. If that means Nate has to start, then so be it. If that means we have to start looking at whether Toney Douglas can start, then so be it.

In any other job, if you fail to do what you are sent out there to do day in and day out, you lose your job. Now do I think Duhon should be given a chance, if removed from starter to play his way back? Sure, why the hell not? But right now Chris Duhon can't get it done...if Duhon continues to play the way he is playing, ANYONE could get the job done better.

My vote is to start Nate (I know, even as I typed it I had to double check myself). If he gets it done and is a true PG, then hell, I was wrong about him being a true PG. I'll take me being wrong a million times for Knicks wins. But right now, I know one thing: Chris Duhon isn't playing well AT ALL, and we should give someone else a shot.

And if Nate at starter doesn't work out, I'll advocate for Hughes or Douglas to start at PG, just to see what we have. But we won't know what is sitting on our bench at PG until we give them the shot to be the leader on the floor.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
1. Why are you posting this?

2. Don't assume anything about me after you sent me a private message telling me to "suck your dick" because I don't agree with you trying to rip everyone a new ***hole on this thread. I understand that people insulted you, but really it just makes people pissed off. You're behind a computer...save it.

3. I don't discriminate. I'm on this forum to associate with other Knicks fans. Not to get mad at them because of their opinions on outside issues. I am Jewish, but they can keep their hatred for Jewish people in their personal lives. I'm Columbia educated. No anti-semitic person will be able to get to me on a forum for god's sakes.

4. Just stop trying to being an arrogant a**hole on every thread you post on.

Word.

1. Why are you posting this? (hypocrite much?)

2. Yet my assumption was correct, you are Jewish. Yes, I did send you a PM, your holier than now atitude is quite blantant. Lets also remember that it was you who first gave me a neg point and thought it appropriate to try and control who, how and what I post. I even initially responded in a nice way trying to clarify the record. You responded by calling me an arrogant prick...so yes I told you to fuk off and suck my dick.

I don't try to rip everyone a new asshole, that is a gross distortion ignoring the record...I only beat back false claims directed at ME, insults directed at ME and personal attacks directed at ME. I never jump on anyone for a differing opinion with regards to basketball. I have strong opinions but I always stay respectful to those who respect me.

3. I am here for the same thing...maybe once you are here more than 30 days you may be able to formulate a more informed opinion. You are unaware of the evolution of these beefs nor the extent some on this site go to bash ethnicity and religion.

4. I am only arrogant and cut to the bone when people want to take pot shots at me. I am here to talk basketball and for 90% of the time that is exactly what I do in thoughtful, respectful, informed manner. The other 10% of the time I am spitting fire at "internet marshmallows" who want to start beef.