Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official "I'm a Frustrated Knicks Fan" Thread

Originally Posted by ANU
    their are plenty of things that need of be changed as far as I'm concerned.

donnie was hired as the pres.of basketball ops, and since then he's been the defacto gm; i think he needs to hire someone young and willing with a great basketball mind and eye for basketball talent as this team's gm.i want sam presti.

secondly, he needs to fire every scout on this team.don't give a **** about how long they've been with this team.the knicks have been one of the worst drafting teams in the last 20 years.

thirdly, if get mike d'antoni gets a chance to get another job, let him walk.he is not the best fit for this team, in this teams current state, and most likely for the foreseeable future.the hawks would be an ideal fit for his style of play.

forth, bring back jeff van gundy.yeah, i said it.he's got unfinished business here.i don't care on what terms he left.

also, he needs to start making moves to set this team up better for the future.young talent and or picks, to make this team a more complete team.harrington needs to get dealt, because he won't be here next year.get what you can for him.same with the rest of our power forward situation.lee, gallo, hill,at least 2 of those guys need to get dealt(perry jones ftw in '11 if no james!) i thinks that's obvious, i just hope he isn't too patient.

not trying to be greedy but, in my mind a presti-van gundy-james off season would put us in better shape than simply getting james.
    I'm going to reiterate this point.this season is shot to ****.

i wish we could get that pick back.
    okur and our pick for lee hill and chandler.(okur makes 10.5 mill next year, but if we keep lee 11+ a year, there total cap hold would be around 15 mill)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by ANU; Jan 30, 2010 at 23:22.

Originally Posted by ANU
    I'm going to reiterate this point.this season is shot to ****.

i wish we could get that pick back.
    okur and our pick for lee hill and chandler.(okur makes 10.5 mill next year, but if we keep lee 11+ a year, there total cap hold would be around 15 mill)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I feel your frustration and having a pick this year would be the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is likely going to only be the 9th pick in the draft and I dont think that is worth losing both Lee and Chanlder over.

Plus D Lee will likely make less than 10 mill next season, Because to preserve cap Walsh will backload is contract so the big bulk of it comes after the 2010 season.

I'd give Utah Chandler and Nate for Kover and our pick back tho! The cap saved in moving Chandler for an expiring deal would even out the rookie we draft first season salary. But no way Utah makes a deal until they know their draft position and by then the deal would have to be just for Wilson straight up.

Truth be told, John Wall looks like the only incoming rookie who could reverse our fortunes and we have no shot at him!

Why do you even watch the Knicks or have any expectations for them? This team isn't getting better any time soon.They'll probably make the playoffs some time in the near future but Knick fans have to come to the realization that the golden years of watching their team be a winning organization are long gone and are probably never returning.The day that Jim Dolan took over them was the day that they died.When a team is dead for more than 9 years they're dead for good.The Clippers suffered a tragic death 29 years ago and the few fans that follow them know that their team will never come back to life.Maybe this is the right time for fans like us to follow in the steps of those faithful Clipper fans who have nothing to look forward to.We need to learn how to let go of our desires of wanting the Knicks to succeed just like how some people are forced to give up the desires that they have for ex girlfriends.Learning how to move on saves the average fan from feeling frustrated, angry,depressed,exasperated and heart broken.Letting go of something is never an easy thing to accomplish but it is the only possible way that this emotional wound, that the Knicks have caused us these past 9 years, could ever fully heal.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Jan 31, 2010 at 00:29.

Originally Posted by New New York
    I feel your frustration and having a pick this year would be the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is likely going to only be the 9th pick in the draft and I dont think that is worth losing both Lee and Chanlder over.

Plus D Lee will likely make less than 10 mill next season, Because to preserve cap Walsh will backload is contract so the big bulk of it comes after the 2010 season.

I'd give Utah Chandler and Nate for Kover and our pick back tho! The cap saved in moving Chandler for an expiring deal would even out the rookie we draft first season salary. But no way Utah makes a deal until they know their draft position and by then the deal would have to be just for Wilson straight up.

Truth be told, John Wall looks like the only incoming rookie who could reverse our fortunes and we have no shot at him!
    9th pick in the draft RIGHT NOW.their is half a season left and this team will lose plenty of games by then.

the worst teams in the nba are:

nj 4-41
    minn 10-38
    gsw 13-32
    phil 15-31
    det 15-31
    ind 16-31
    wash 16-30
    sac 16-29
    ny 18-28

there is plenty of time to for all but the nets and the wolves to be better than the knicks.if push comes to shove and gallo has to replace someone else in that deal, so be it **** it.the lotto puts teams futures at risk in gamble, so we gotta gamble in order to be great.
    Last edited by ANU; Jan 31, 2010 at 00:07.

Veteran

Wow! so many frustrated fans....I wish we would've traded for Kurt Thomas to bring the morale-up on this team and get Dantoni phony-ash fired.

Having Kurt Thomas and Herb Williams coach this Knick roster is 100 times better than all the confusion inwhich Dantoni is bringing to the players on this team.

Very Important Notice

There is no reason why 6 expiring-contract players on a team, whom will be playing proffesional basketball next season has not orchestrated a way to stay above the .500 record this season....unless the headcoach Dantoni forbids their method, playintime, and hunger to raise their FA value together with WINS.

Darko...Lee...Harrington...Hughes...Nate...and 6th-man Duhon, the expiring Starting Lineup with young depth off the bench in Chandler, Gallo, Jefferies, Hill, and Douglas.
    By not starting Curry or Darko at center in 46 games should let us know headcoach Dantoni is not the coach for the Knicks...

kiya is the prog-rock of knicks online.

They suck, same as last year, play somewhat decent and get your hopes up and never continue in that direction.

What is D'antoni's phony ash? Is it suppose to be a replica of his future bodily remains? And why would the Knicks play an injured Eddy Curry who gets injured by just sitting on the bench? I don't even want to ask about Darko who is the biggest draft error since Sam Bowie.

Veteran

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    What is D'antoni's phony ash? Is it suppose to be a replica of his future bodily remains? And why would the Knicks play an injured Eddy Curry who gets injured by just sitting on the bench? I don't even want to ask about Darko who is the biggest draft error since Sam Bowie.

I can see u never seen Sam Bowie play or Sampson play before they caught a career injury.

This Knick team needed a foundation....Center...PF...SF...SG...PG...not a Dantoni-circus.
    We needed a coach that can build-up the talents of Curry & Darko to give this team a center for at least 20 minutes per game, so other players can perform at their natural-position for at least 20 minutes a game.

We been faking it at the center position (Lee), PF (Jeff), SG (Nate), and PG position (Duhon LOL).

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

This Knick team needed a foundation....Center...PF...SF...SG...PG...not a Dantoni-circus.
    kiya, you had me here, than you lost me with that other ****, as usual.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ANU
    kiya, you had me here, than you lost me with that other ****, as usual.
    I didnt lose u.....Dantoni lost us all.
    Last season was one thing, but this season we should've had a foundation in our front-court using at least one of our two weak centers to start games. Is David Lee a Center? is Jefferies & Harrington a PF? NO! NO! NO!

What was the reason the Knick organization had Curry work-out all summer to lose 30 pounds for?

We traded for Darko early in the offseason, if Dantoni had no plans of using him like Detroit, Magic, and Grizz, in their "practice-sessions" as a center to work-out with the team starting center (Gasol, Howard, and Mcdyess), than we should've traded him (Q.Richardson got traded 4 times).

Alot of starting centers in the NBA has been averaging 20 to 28 minutes per game, but they give their teams a "FULL" starting lineup to work with.
    Look at the starting minutes of Dampier, Dalembert, Ben Wallace, Big Z, Shaq, Mcdyess, Barg, Tyson Chandler, and Perkins.

Curry= $10.5M
    Darko= $7.5M
    Hill= $2.5M
    Total = $20.5M wasted this season b/c they dont fit into Dantoni's system....ha ha ha ha LOL

I agree with trillion. We have to hang in there and keep believing. the idea of accepting that this is how it will always be for the Knicks doesn't make sense. Just my 2 sense.

Hopefully Jordan Hill turns into something decent. If he does, I could care less about how this season ends up.

We have to save threads like these for when we finally win... you can blame whoever you want for our recent play of basketball in the past 10 years.. But the fact of the matter is, OUR team-The New York Knicks have been the gum on the bottom of the NBA's shoe the past few years.. Its our job as fans to defend our team. I wear Knicks stuff everytime I leave my house. I DARE someone to talk **** to me about my team. I LOVE the Knicks, I'll always love the knicks. no matter how many games they lose PERIOD. I have faith in the Knicks... Dont ask me why, but I do. I know in my heart, We'll get this thing turned around. Keep the Faith!

Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    We have to save threads like these for when we finally win... you can blame whoever you want for our recent play of basketball in the past 10 years.. But the fact of the matter is, OUR team-The New York Knicks have been the gum on the bottom of the NBA's shoe the past few years.. Its our job as fans to defend our team. I wear Knicks stuff everytime I leave my house. I DARE someone to talk **** to me about my team. I LOVE the Knicks, I'll always love the knicks. no matter how many games they lose PERIOD. I have faith in the Knicks... Dont ask me why, but I do. I know in my heart, We'll get this thing turned around. Keep the Faith!
    Just the fact that we are on a Knicks forum speaks volumes bout how much we support the Knicks. All of us here are the hardcore of the hardcore. But i can't hate on someone when frustration settles it. That's what losing does, but your right, we gotta keep the faith.