Is Jeffries Worth the Dollar Value?

Scribbles

Rotation player
That is the lingering question.

Obviously we want to shed his salary for 2010 but Im speaking about his contract #s. Is he worth his contract for a team that doesn't worry about 2010 Free Agency.

Im interested in hearing what Knicks fans think. Is his defense really THAT good?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think he is especially that it's his final year. If he still had 2-3 years left I would say no.

smokes

Huge Member
I'd say he would be, if paired with a big man that can score. He can even start and make a good contribution 30mpg. He's been one of our best players through Dec/Jan (as sad as that is to say) and he's even improved his scoring to the point where you don't cringe every time he goes up for an open layup!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
If he had any offensive ability at all I'd say yes since he only has one year left after 2010. But considering how us Knicks fans cross our fingers when hes taking a layup...I dont think he is. He should be paid like Ramon Sessions, around 4 mill a year. 7 mil is more than hes worth

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I'd say he would be, if paired with a big man that can score. He can even start and make a good contribution 30mpg. He's been one of our best players through Dec/Jan (as sad as that is to say) and he's even improved his scoring to the point where you don't cringe every time he goes up for an open layup!

I to have been impressed with his play, but sadly I still cringe when hes taking a layup lol. Past memories of him banking the ball to hard, or losing the ball, or taking the ball up like a pussy and getting blocked cloud my thoughts when hes about to attempt a layup.

ANU

Starter
if james is signed, 16 millie in expirings from effires and curry could get us something nice.

finger point to arenas and cole aldrich.

Last edited:

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
If he had any offensive ability at all I'd say yes since he only has one year left after 2010. But considering how us Knicks fans cross our fingers when hes taking a layup...I dont think he is. He should be paid like Ramon Sessions, around 4 mill a year. 7 mil is more than hes worth

I was almost going to say exactly that. No need to bother now.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jefferies 4 years experience with the Knicks coaches & players makes him worth the 2 years he have left in his deal for $6M per....on the Knicks.

Players like Jefferies, Ben Wallace, Brand, Hughes, and Peja, are one-system players that should sign long contracts to stay on the same team throughout their career.

Trading Jefferies to coach Pop on the Spurs, Jefferies would be worth every penny of his expiring contract. The average NBA coach Jefferies will only be worth his expiring contract.

clumsy

Rotation player
No he's not....Shane Battier without the 3 point ability.

Shane makes 6.8. Jeff should make 4 at most. But for 3 he is a great game changing player...kinda like renaldo balkman.