Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Jeffries Hyper-extends knee...2010?

  1. #1
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Jeffries Hyper-extends knee...2010?

    Jared Jeffries hyper-extended his right knee during the Knicks' 106-104 loss to Toronto on Thursday.

    The injury occurred in the second quarter and though Jeffries played the rest of the first half after suffering the injury, he did not return for the second half.
    He is scheduled for an MRI.

    Good thing Donnie was so patient with trading Jeffries. Now the 2010 plan is in serious jeopardy. Not enough cap space to sign a max + talent (e.g. Lee) which means nobody will sign with the Knicks.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee sign with OKC this offseason. They can afford to give him $11+ mil and are very interested. Since the Knicks can't afford him + a max free agent, Lee might not want to suffer another year in New York.

    After all the sufferring Knick fans have had to endure, did we really expect this thing to work?

  2. #2
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yes! He can't play anymore. We might actually win a game

  3. #3
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    If Jefferies injury is shown to be not that serious it shouldn't make trading him too hard. He will be in his final year and can defend all positions quite well. A contender would not be crazy to think JJ would help them in the playoffs.

    Worst case we need to package Mobley's contract to sweeten any deal.

  4. #4
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Wow that does suck, both for the 2010 plan AND for our chances at a playoff berth (not that we had much of a chance to begin with).

    Hyper-extended knees are painful but don't usually take that long to recover from. It hurts his trade value but doesn't necessarily mean he's "untradeable". I hope Donnie makes at least SOME moves before trade deadline to free up cap room.

  5. #5
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    good thing donnie was so patient....
    what the hell does that mean.
    haha you think donnie just wouldnt pull the trigger for no reason
    we have discussed since the day jefferies was signed that we would never be able to trade his contract.

  6. #6
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    when your best overall defender is hurt, you're ****ed, so the season is essentially over.

  7. #7
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    good thing donnie was so patient....
    what the hell does that mean.
    haha you think donnie just wouldnt pull the trigger for no reason
    we have discussed since the day jefferies was signed that we would never be able to trade his contract.
    So you think Jeffries has been completely untradeable this entire season?

    I don't. A deal can always be made. We could have packaged our 2nd round picks, Harrington, Chandler, Hill..........something.

    A deal could have been made. Now we have to wait until 2011 for this team to possibly be good.

  8. #8
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So you think Jeffries has been completely untradeable this entire season?

    I don't. A deal can always be made. We could have packaged our 2nd round picks, Harrington, Chandler, Hill..........something.

    A deal could have been made. Now we have to wait until 2011 for this team to possibly be good.
    I'm pretty sure he could have gotten dealt, but donnie was to busy believing this is a playoff team.

  9. #9
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Sux man, let's wait to see the MRI. i did see a contender like the spurs going after him. Oh well maybe it isnt such a bad injury!! The knicks usually start tailing away mid-way through the season after they raise our hopes. Looks like it will happen again. All of a sudden teams are scoring a lot on us again.

  10. #10
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So you think Jeffries has been completely untradeable this entire season?

    I don't. A deal can always be made. We could have packaged our 2nd round picks, Harrington, Chandler, Hill..........something.

    A deal could have been made. Now we have to wait until 2011 for this team to possibly be good.
    Originally Posted by ANU
    I'm pretty sure he could have gotten dealt, but donnie was to busy believing this is a playoff team.

    1. A hyper extended knee is the equivalent of twisting your ankle, the fact that Jefferies still played right after he got hurt is encouraging. If he was carried off the court then we should be concerned. MRI will likely show at worst a MCL tear (which I have had repaired twice) and he will be out 2 weeks tops and any team who was interested would not be scared off.

    2. Donnie Walsh has been trying to move Jefferies all season, if he has turned down any deal, it wouldve been because it didnt clear enough or any cap.

    If Donnie was all about making the playoffs he wouldve held on to Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford last year!

  11. #11
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    opinions opinions opinions
    Donnie wants this to be a playoff team, but if he cared about playoff teams only he would of kept crawford and randolph last year.


    I dont know whether you are all in high school and have yet to upgrade your intelligence to an adult stand point, but you cannot honestly tell me that Donnie walsh sat back and let deals slide through that would keep the cap as is, and get rid of jefferies. I refuse to believe that to be the case. WE have no idea what would have happened trade wise by the deadline, which as every other gm waits for to pull the trigger on big trades. We are only discussing this because jefferies is now injured and it poses an issue.

  12. #12
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    1. A hyper extended knee is the equivalent of twisting your ankle, the fact that Jefferies still played right after he got hurt is encouraging. If he was carried off the court then we should be concerned. MRI will likely show at worst a MCL tear (which I have had repaired twice) and he will be out 2 weeks tops and any team who was interested would not be scared off.

    2. Donnie Walsh has been trying to move Jefferies all season, if he has turned down any deal, it wouldve been because it didnt clear enough or any cap.

    If Donnie was all about making the playoffs he wouldve held on to Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford last year!
    haha co-sign i didnt read your post new york new york until after mine.
    Great minds think alike and you are 100 percent correct.

  13. #13
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    opinions opinions opinions
    Donnie wants this to be a playoff team, but if he cared about playoff teams only he would of kept crawford and randolph last year.


    I dont know whether you are all in high school and have yet to upgrade your intelligence to an adult stand point, but you cannot honestly tell me that Donnie walsh sat back and let deals slide through that would keep the cap as is, and get rid of jefferies. I refuse to believe that to be the case. WE have no idea what would have happened trade wise by the deadline, which as every other gm waits for to pull the trigger on big trades. We are only discussing this because jefferies is now injured and it poses an issue.
    So again, do you think Jeffries has been completely untradeable (within reason of course) this entire season?


    By the way, arguing that Donnie would have kept Crawford and Z-Bo if all he did was care about the playoffs is a silly argument. It's obvious that he cares more about signing free agents then he does about winning right now.

    But he believes, as do many Knick fans, that free agents will sign with the Knicks simply because it's New York. I don't. He also believs that having a competitive team that is fighting for a playoff position will attract free agents. I don't.

    More work needs to be done. And I don't think Donnie has been aggressive enough in trying to move Jeffries. Deals can always be made. And waiting until the deadline for a move that is crucial to the 2010 plan was not smart. And now we'll pay for it.

    If Donnie had known that we will have to wait until 2011 to make moves, then he would have just kept Crawford and Z-Bo. And it's looking more and more like we will have to wait until 2011. But when he traded them he didn't know the cap was going to be reduced as much as it is and that trading Jeffries and Curry were going to be crucial to the success of the 2010 plan.

    If he had known all of that ahead of time than yes, he would have kept Crawford and Z-Bo.

  14. #14
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So again, do you think Jeffries has been completely untradeable (within reason of course) this entire season?


    By the way, arguing that Donnie would have kept Crawford and Z-Bo if all he did was care about the playoffs is a silly argument. It's obvious that he cares more about signing free agents then he does about winning right now.

    But he believes, as do many Knick fans, that free agents will sign with the Knicks simply because it's New York. I don't. He also believs that having a competitive team that is fighting for a playoff position will attract free agents. I don't.

    More work needs to be done. And I don't think Donnie has been aggressive enough in trying to move Jeffries. Deals can always be made. And waiting until the deadline for a move that is crucial to the 2010 plan was not smart. And now we'll pay for it.

    If Donnie had known that we will have to wait until 2011 to make moves, then he would have just kept Crawford and Z-Bo. And it's looking more and more like we will have to wait until 2011. But when he traded them he didn't know the cap was going to be reduced as much as it is and that trading Jeffries and Curry were going to be crucial to the success of the 2010 plan.

    If he had known all of that ahead of time than yes, he would have kept Crawford and Z-Bo.
    I hear your points, but the fact is I think Jefferies was un-tradeable for what we were looking to get. The way I see it: why would any team do us a favor and trade us an expiring contract for an overpaid guy with two years left on his deal? The opposite is also true: why would we trade Jefferies for longer, worse deals?

    In order to make a trade, both teams have to think that they improve. I don't believe that there's nobody out there that would TAKE the contract of JJ, I just believe nobody would do it for anything that would help the Knicks in anyway reach the 2010 goal.

  15. #15
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I just believe nobody would do it for anything that would help the Knicks in anyway reach the 2010 goal.
    Exactly. It has been well publicized that we are looking to clear cap space by trading either JJ or Curry for expirings. Theres going to have to be a team that really feels JJ is the final piece to their title chances in order to trade him for expiring contracts. See that's the problem, its one thing to be able to trade him and its another thing to trade him for valuable expiring contracts in return.

Similar Threads

  1. 7 Deals For Jeffries
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Feb 09, 2010, 07:06
  2. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 05, 2009, 00:27
  3. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 10:43
  4. The 2010 Plan... 2 Piece and a Biscuit
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 02, 2009, 17:50
  5. 2010 Salary Cap vs Knicks
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2009, 20:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •