View Poll Results: Which Knick player has the best chance of being an All Star in 2011?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Harrington

    0 0%
  • David Lee

    6 50.00%
  • Wilson Chandler

    1 8.33%
  • Danilo Gallinari

    5 41.67%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: New York Knicks vs. Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/30/2010

  1. #16
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    As soon as the Knicks fell behind by 7 points in the 1st quarter I turned this game off.I didn't even have to watch a full quarter to realize that this team didn't want to compete tonight.

  2. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default nate

    I love how nate comes up with the huge plays to cut it to single digits.. big steals.. and then they refrain to give him the ball.. gallo just CHUUCKS up shots.. do they not understand to give it to the hot hand.. do these cats want to try to win the right way?

  3. #18
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    What an embarrasing night... How the **** do we lose to the Wizards? This Knicks team is reverting back to the 3-14 form earlier in the season.

  4. #19
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Mr. All Star had a good game.. 24 points

  5. #20
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by dlee420
    I love how nate comes up with the huge plays to cut it to single digits.. big steals.. and then they refrain to give him the ball.. gallo just CHUUCKS up shots.. do they not understand to give it to the hot hand.. do these cats want to try to win the right way?
    Gallo's 3 when the game was 101-94 was ill-advised. Awful shot selection. Especially when Nate was cruising like you said. I thought Gallo had bad game tonight, hopefully he bounces back tomorrow.

  6. #21
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by dlee420
    I love how nate comes up with the huge plays to cut it to single digits.. big steals.. and then they refrain to give him the ball..
    they did the same to gallo.

    gallo just CHUUCKS up shots.. do they not understand to give it to the hot hand.. do these cats want to try to win the right way?
    when the knicks are down at this point in the game, they pass gallinari the ball to bail the team out.

  7. #22
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    At least the Jazz will have a nice #1 draft pick if these dismal performances continue.You got to feel happy for those Jazz fans who are very passionate about the organization that they root for.

  8. #23
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Gallo's 3 when the game was 101-94 was ill-advised. Awful shot selection. Especially when Nate was cruising like you said. I thought Gallo had bad game tonight, hopefully he bounces back tomorrow.
    Especially ill-advised when you're cold... 30% from 3 and he's chucking? Come on Gallo... I hate nights when he plays like this: takes 12 shots (10 of them 3s). ZERO offensive rebounds!

    Anyway.... Now that we're 10 games under .500 we can expect the "good" Knicks to emerge for a whille. They'll get it back to around 4 game sunder .500 and then collapse again. More meaningless March-April basketball.

  9. #24
    Member BlackH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Avon, Colorado, deep in the Rockies, played ball in St. Louis
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Nate, half the minutes of Duhon, twice the points

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    There has to be an explanation why Danphony supports Duhon so much
    I can not figure it out, Robinson steals, plays better defense, had a chance to bring it back, but then, Duhon must go in and F it up, not one contribution in the 4th. Duhon can't cover Boykins, he gets 9 points in the fourth quarter and outscores Duhon. I believe Boykins could be his Dad age wise. I just can't see how Duhon gets 30 plus minutes. This is the Wizards without Arenas, we blow. Hughes could have even covered Jamieson, hell D'Ant had him on Lebron and Kobe, he knows his moves from playing with him three almost 250 games ,this coaching staff sucks and D'Ant is the highest paid coach in the NBA, he needs to give it back to the charity he is hawking.

    Maybe Hughes get's out of the dog house after doing his month on pine like Nate in December. It's going to get real ugly, players are throwing in the towel and saying, hell with it, I am not playing injured for this guy, I already shown I can score and play in this league this year, D'Ant screwed up great chemistry in Dec early Jan. Duhon, covered Miller and Boykins, should be ashamed of himself playing that many minutes.

    Prediction: Huhghes, Jamieson and Arenas back together (if Arenas not in the prison league with Delonte West) will be on the Wizards next year, if Hughes doesn't retire and the ripe old age of 30. I am sure he wised he never left for Cleveland, but 70 Mil, who wouldn't.

    Salaries are going down with attendance and corporate cash, will be interesting summer, otherwise, think I will tune back in for the play-offs in April.

    Stay warm boys, this is not worth a couple hours of our lives....

    Out

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,779
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by dlee420
    I love how nate comes up with the huge plays to cut it to single digits.. big steals.. and then they refrain to give him the ball.. gallo just CHUUCKS up shots.. do they not understand to give it to the hot hand.. do these cats want to try to win the right way?

    I come to the conclusion that Dantoni is not a "Crunch-Time" coach....but then again, I been writing that same conclusion when Dantoni was coaching Phoenix Playoff games.

    I'm sure Gallo's father is saying WTF! "why has'nt Dan taught my son how to be a closer!".
    I'm sure alot of us is saying the samething, the 3-point shot was design to bring more excitement at "Crunch-Time" in a game.
    In Gallo's first full season in the NBA....he should've been develope as a 20 to 24 minutes of playintime-Finisher....not a 32 minutes of playintime Starter.
    Headcoach Dantoni is Backwards.....

    Last night when one of Gallo's 3-point shots could have got the Knicks within 3 points of the Wizards (54-60), the shot was so way off I thought Gallo was shooting for the moon, and the next two 3-point shots he took were the same way.
    I had to check how many minutes Gallo played before he took those shots to understand he was aghausted, and the Knicks without any screen-play design written up to block & pick for the 3-point shooter to be clear for a decent shot, mean Gallo had to apply alot of energy that was not there.

    We could keep blaming the Knick-players and Duhon consistent poor performance and let the big-cheese (Dantoni) callin all the shots get no blame for the 78 losses from 128 games.
    A headcoach without any strategy other than the 3-point shot and running the ball up court for easy shots...

    assistant coach Herb Williams could do better than that
    what are we paying Dantoni for....Celebrity Coach
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Jan 31, 2010 at 05:43.

  11. #26

    Default

    I watched the first quarter this morning on my NBA league pass then forwarded the game to midway through the first quarter. After the first I knew that the Knicks would lose.

    I am incredibly anxious that all our plans are unravelling. There is no way that Curry can be traded and there doesn`t seem to be any interest in Jeffries from anyone - unless I`ve missed any rumours, please feel free to correct me if that`s the case -

    At this moment in time the only player I would keep is David Lee - although I`m sure when my frustration at the result abates I will like to keep Chandler and Gallinari -

    Get a bloody point guard D`Antoni. If you think about it we don`t have single decent point guard. Duhon is rubbish. Nate is a good scorer off the bench but he will never be able to run the team because he is too selfish, I like Nate and his scoring but he can`t run the team, and Douglas is a combo guard who might be able to run the offence but he never gets a chance.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,779
    Rep Power
    17

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by BlackH20
    I can not figure it out, Robinson steals, plays better defense, had a chance to bring it back, but then, Duhon must go in and F it up, not one contribution in the 4th. Duhon can't cover Boykins, he gets 9 points in the fourth quarter and outscores Duhon. I believe Boykins could be his Dad age wise. I just can't see how Duhon gets 30 plus minutes. This is the Wizards without Arenas, we blow. Hughes could have even covered Jamieson, hell D'Ant had him on Lebron and Kobe, he knows his moves from playing with him three almost 250 games ,this coaching staff sucks and D'Ant is the highest paid coach in the NBA, he needs to give it back to the charity he is hawking.

    Maybe Hughes get's out of the dog house after doing his month on pine like Nate in December. It's going to get real ugly, players are throwing in the towel and saying, hell with it, I am not playing injured for this guy, I already shown I can score and play in this league this year, D'Ant screwed up great chemistry in Dec early Jan. Duhon, covered Miller and Boykins, should be ashamed of himself playing that many minutes.

    Prediction: Huhghes, Jamieson and Arenas back together (if Arenas not in the prison league with Delonte West) will be on the Wizards next year, if Hughes doesn't retire and the ripe old age of 30. I am sure he wised he never left for Cleveland, but 70 Mil, who wouldn't.

    Salaries are going down with attendance and corporate cash, will be interesting summer, otherwise, think I will tune back in for the play-offs in April.

    Stay warm boys, this is not worth a couple hours of our lives....

    Out

    Great Summary....because Duhon, Hughes, Nate, Douglas.....Chandler, Harrington, Gallo, Jefferies.....Lee, Hill, Curry, Darko....all 12 players should have been "Happy-Campers" receiving playingtime in a 9-10 man rotation from the start of the season to work a no-star 12 man roster into a 9-man strong rotation by midseason with all 12-players ready to contribute a strong performance (physically & mentally) in each game.

    I wander while I wonder what happen to an expiring-contract team being under .500

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i have never seen a player more out of control driving to the basket then zepole cannoli... out of control... and i luv at crunch time, down by 8-10, the 24sec clock expiring and they pass it to.... jeffries... amazing...

  14. #29
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    i have never seen a player more out of control driving to the basket then zepole cannoli... out of control...
    lol.you gotta be kidding.what do you go blind the thousand times al gets the ball? when he gets the ball dude attacks the basket like he's being attacked by bees.

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i missed where i stated al is the '****'... i checked and rechecked my post, but can't find that statement... please reply and point out where i was talking about al, cause honesty i can't find it... now if u are talking about zepole...

Similar Threads

  1. Houston Rockets vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/9/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2009, 01:21
  2. Replies: 83
    Last Post: Nov 17, 2008, 08:48
  3. Replies: 104
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:55
  4. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 16:29
  5. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2007, 08:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •