Eastern Conference scout on whom he sees as the league's most improved player

ANU

Starter
"David Lee is going to make a lot of money in free agency. He's a point forward now. He gets a lot of hockey assists ... he makes the pass that leads to a pass that leads to a basket. They're running a lot of offense through him. You can't just relax on him because he's shooting jumpers confidently. He's responsible for their [improvement]. He didn't have this much responsibility before. I'm sure he's disappointed that he didn't make it [as an All-Star in the East], but he's going to make himself some cash this summer."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100129-30/checking-nba-scouts

so now the double double machine is a point forward too.clearly dude has value, but he won't have anymore valuable than he does now.now is the time to move him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
But who for? If he's traded, it will be the most vital trade in years for NY with all their aspirations.

The outcome of a potential Lee trade will make or break NY.

iSaYughh

Starter
Whether Lee should be traded is partially out of our grasps. Management needs to know just how committed they are, or aren't, to signing him this OS. Which may very well depend on how committed they are to trading Jeffries. But these are grown men making millions to make the right decisions concerning a game -- so it's their job to deduce these probabilities with precision.

No matter what, tho, don't re-sign Lee, not trading him this season will be an abortion of logic, and a real (self inflicted) pimp slap to our franchise.

The same situation goes for: Harrington and N8, actually.

Trade N8 and Harrington to go along with Jeffries, and get back a rote piece of garbage that expires.

Sign Lee

Trade Douglas and 2011 first and second to secure a PG not named DuDonkey. Devin Harris is a perfect match, if the odds hold and Nets draft Wall.

Offer Lebron:

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Lebron
PG Harris

This team instantly contends for a title, will contend for titles for years to come, and is poised to be a dynasty.

Lebron at SG would be a site to see alongside Harris, Gallo, Hill, and Lee playing PF.

This + the lure of MSGNYC, the only place on earth where the size of Lebron's skills -- and most importantly -- Lebron's EGO, will never be contained.

ANU

Starter
But who for? If he's traded, it will be the most vital trade in years for NY with all their aspirations.

The outcome of a potential Lee trade will make or break NY.

imo the best teams to do deals with are port, gsw, and the jazz(for obvious reasons)

port

i would be ****ing ecstatic if we got batum for lee, but its difficult to come up with a deal where the salaries match.

gsw

i don't mean to look like a pretentious dick but I'm gonna post a trade proposal i posted in the "trade david lee" thread.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=ygjpltz

lee chandler duhon for claxton, bell, george and gsw first round pick.

the golden state warriors will not have any capsace to sign anyone next year and the following year when they do, anthony randolph will have a team option.they have a shit frontline and plenty of wing players.david lee would love don nelson and don nelson would love david lee.and duhon is as far away from this team as possible.win win for us.
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7322&page=3

i think the deal could get reworked if golden state wants hill over chandler so as long as we get their first round pick unprotected.

utah

deal similar to the golden state one seems logical imo.the jazz are targeting aldrich, a pf(favors, davis, johnson, cousins, patterson, or montiajunas) or a wing player( johnson, aminu, henry) with our pick.

they could end up with 2 players in lee and chandler or hill, of comparable value to those targets in a trade with the knicks instead of one by keeping the pick.the knicks would have to take back some salary.

okur and our pick for lee hill and chandler.(okur makes 10.5 mill next year, but if we keep lee 11+ a year, there total cap hold would be around 15 mill)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzqghle

all those teams at one point or another where rumored to be after bosh, and amar'e.i don't think lee is that far behind those players.of course, alot of those teams fans would argue against that, but we know more then they do, so **** em.

Kiyaman

Legend
Just how important is David Lee to the Knicks future?

1) he was drafted by the Knicks....thats a good thang
2) he have about 7 to 8 great seasons left in him....thats a good thang
3) he is a great complimentary team-player....thats a good thing
4) he is a human "double-double" machine with 24 min or 30 min per game.
Added it all up and David Lee is a "good thang" for the Knicks future.

Not extending David Lee's contract was stupid....if u dont believe me ask G.M. Larry Bird, whom Indiana Pacers team was in a way better position for the 2010-Plan then the Knicks at the release of Donnie Walsh.
The Pacers was not going to let a scheem of a 2010-Plan stand in the way of extending Granger contract. And just imagine if the Pacers had the 6th lottery pick of the 2008 draft class too.

At the dismissal of Isiah Thomas, I would've start rebuilding this Knick-Team in the 2008-9 season on young-players:
C-Lopez, PF-Lee, SF-Chandler, and PG-Nate....all our expensive veteran players would've been on the trading-block getting playingtime under a new hard-nose coaching-staff of Rick Carlisle, Patrick Ewing, Mark Jackson, and Oakley...

Starks

Starter
Something tells me the Knicks will resgin Lee in the offseason and that will be our biggest move. LBJ talk has died down again.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Something tells me the Knicks will resgin Lee in the offseason and that will be our biggest move. LBJ talk has died down again.

I have a feeling you are right. Although I'm not so sure about Lee wanting to resign with the Knicks. In all likelihood we won't sign a max contract player because nobody would want to come to this roster. But would Lee want to come back and suffer more years in New York without a max signed? He will get many lucrative offers from teams that are much better off than the Knicks.

We can't assume Lee will just resign with us. All the more reason to trade him to get rid of Curry.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have a feeling you are right. Although I'm not so sure about Lee wanting to resign with the Knicks. In all likelihood we won't sign a max contract player because nobody would want to come to this roster. But would Lee want to come back and suffer more years in New York without a max signed? He will get many lucrative offers from teams that are much better off than the Knicks.

We can't assume Lee will just resign with us. All the more reason to trade him to get rid of Curry.

The 1-year tender giving to Lee has a no-trade cluase inwhich Lee has to approve the trade, b/c once Lee is traded he lose his Bird-Rights
So I see Lee staying a Knick to the end of the season, selecting the highest $$$ bid from all the playoff teams giving him offers.

GetRealistic

Starter
In retrospect Donnie Walsh was too generous to David Lee and Nate Robinson... He could have paid them both much less (which would have made their salaries much easier to match with other teams) but he showed them respect and paid them more..

Just a thought... I wouldn't mind revisiting a deal with the Bulls where we move some sort of combination of Jefferies, Lee, and Harrington for Ty Thomas and some expirings.

Chicago needs a lost post threat and he'd fit well playing next to Noah and we'd get Thomas for two months for a tryout. Thomas has as much potential if not more then Lee but he won't warrant the money Lee will get in the open market so you'd be able to sign him to a more reasonable deal.

Also if the bulls took on Jefferies they'd basically be out of the free agent running for next year.

Here's a thought people.. Who says we can't trade Lee right now and hopefully pawn off JJ or Curry and then simply resign him in the offseason. He'll most likely be a free agent (unless he signs an immediate extension or his bird rights are maintained). We'd get rid of a contract and still get Lee. It's far fetched but its possible if you are straight with Lee and tell him exactly why your trading him.

Starks

Starter
In retrospect Donnie Walsh was too generous to David Lee and Nate Robinson... He could have paid them both much less (which would have made their salaries much easier to match with other teams) but he showed them respect and paid them more..

Just a thought... I wouldn't mind revisiting a deal with the Bulls where we move some sort of combination of Jefferies, Lee, and Harrington for Ty Thomas and some expirings.

Chicago needs a lost post threat and he'd fit well playing next to Noah and we'd get Thomas for two months for a tryout. Thomas has as much potential if not more then Lee but he won't warrant the money Lee will get in the open market so you'd be able to sign him to a more reasonable deal.

Also if the bulls took on Jefferies they'd basically be out of the free agent running for next year.

Here's a thought people.. Who says we can't trade Lee right now and hopefully pawn off JJ or Curry and then simply resign him in the offseason. He'll most likely be a free agent (unless he signs an immediate extension or his bird rights are maintained). We'd get rid of a contract and still get Lee. It's far fetched but its possible if you are straight with Lee and tell him exactly why your trading him.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Has this ever been done succesfully though? Once Lee is moved, his allegiance to us is over. Someone come up with scenarios in the past where this has happened....not counting Joe Smith

ANU

Starter
i hope to god you're wrong, but sadly, it looks like the most likely scenario.

iSaYughh

Starter
I feel pretty strongly that we will sign Lebron....if we are able to secure Lee and trade for a PG, or sign Felton -- essentially, any PG not named Christopher DuDonkey.

I still feel we should trade Lee (and many others), to go along with shedding Jeffries AND Curry. But if Walsh doesn't have the ability or balls to powermove like that....simply shedding Jeffries/secure Lee, and trade/sign a PG is pretty basic sht.

Look at the nobodies or Bron-created-somebodies that LBJ is playing with now. And his team is not only contending for a championship, but is arguably the most dangerous team in the league.

Give Lebron:

An even more-seasoned Lee, a better developed Gallo, an up-coming Hill, and a blossoming Chandler....let alone a PG upgrade....the team is instantly a top-contender, if not THE best team in the NBA.

We will be throwing Curry into the dumpster where he belongs in 1 yr, and the team is young as sin and only getting better.

All this + NYC and the impact on Lebron's ego and legacy = LBJ @ MSG. Book it.

paris401

Starter
Give Lebron:
An even more-seasoned Lee, a better developed Gallo, an up-coming Hill, and a blossoming Chandler....let alone a PG upgrade....the team is instantly a top-contender, if not THE best team in the NBA.

so we are only a pg and 'bron away from being the best team in the league...

in the immortal words of the great american.... don't bogart that joint...pass it over to me....

iSaYughh

Starter
so we are only a pg and 'bron away from being the best team in the league...

in the immortal words of the great american.... don't bogart that joint...pass it over to me....

lollll. I am known to obliterate joints time to time, but basically, ya, I think it's a pretty true statement, especially when you look at what LBJ has done to the Cavs.

C Hill
PF Lee
SF Gallo
SG Lebron
PG Devin Harris

Key Bench: Chandler

C Lee
PF Gallo
SF Lebron
SG Chandler
PG Devin Harris

Key Bench: Hill

Playing with Lebron, with yet another season of maturity, that squad be the most dangerous and best in the NBA, imo; and poised to only get better n better.

Who would you rather have?

The only question to me is how good of a PG we could secure, but Harris will be eminently get'able if the Nets can draft Wall. Even if not, a Felton or DJ Augustin type of guard and it would be a huge upgrade for us and they could fit in well.

I'm also reaching breaking pt. as a fan, so maybe it's blind optimism.

paris401

Starter
Who would you rather have?

well i'll take 'bron, along with kobe, dwade,dwight,and chris paul... (well u asked)

I'm also reaching breaking pt. as a fan, so maybe it's blind optimism.

wait till the summer to break.. 'if' we don;t get a top fa... i'll bring with doob... and we can break together...

Paul1355

All Star
Lee is awesome this year...I know his defense hasn't changed but offensively he is a warrior and he is a beast off the boards.

We have to keep Lee...I am convinced that he is only going to get better in every category....He will eventually improve his defense and once he does that he will easily be a 10m a year player.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Lee is awesome this year...I know his defense hasn't changed but offensively he is a warrior and he is a beast off the boards.

We have to keep Lee...I am convinced that he is only going to get better in every category....He will eventually improve his defense and once he does that he will easily be a 10m a year player.

Co-sign, remember how offensively-gifted Lee was his rookie year? Oh wait he wasn't at all. This guy has worked his ass off to improve. Now hes a beast, our beast. I'm sure he'll be working hard to improve on his D this offseason if we give him a well deserved long term contract.