Thread: Lebron might get his star player to play along side him

Hybrid View

Default Lebron might get his star player to play along side him

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If this trade happens the Cavaliers will be getting a special little star player that could help them in the long run.They would be short-handed in the center position without Ilgauskas but if you're a Cavs fan you have to be doing cartwheels if Iggy ends up in Cleveland.

That wouldn't make any sense for the Sixers, at all. Why would they give up a young star in Iggy, for basically nothing? Ilgualskus and maybe Hickson for Iggy? That's ridiculously one-sided, Philly can get more than that.

It's the annual star player give away that bad NBA teams do every year when they give their best players to contending teams.The Kevin Garnett give away 3 years ago and the Gasol give away two years ago are good examples of the rich getting richer.

that would pretty much **** are 2010 plans.

sorry not sold on this yet. Didnt he just sign a 6 year contract in 2008. And any matching salaries the cavs would use to trade for him would be expiring. Which would mean the Cavs would lose Shaq after this year, Big Z prob in a trade, and then Resign Lebron. Your team would be Verejo Hickson Lebron, Iggy, and Mo williams. Thats a decent squad but I wouldnt say that makes them any better than they are now, being that the hawks arent getting any worse, the Magic are going to continue to get better, and the east is continuing to improve. Iggy has been solid for a terrible sixers team, but he isnt an all star, and his impact in the east on a team like the cavs will be similar to the impact that Richard jefferson has had on the spurs in the west...not much. So this thread is titled "get his star" Im trying to remember a time where Iggy was even mentioned as a possible all star, or an all league player, or a top 10 something, or ever led his team to a post season series win. A star means "star" what it should say, is cavs look for back court help with trade for Iggy. Not "get his star" iggy is not even close to a star in this league.
    I Can think of 24 better players right now, but I am not going to make a list for you, just watch the all star game.

Since when is Andre Igouldala a star player?

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    ....the hawks arent getting any worse, the Magic are going to continue to get better, and the east is continuing to improve. Iggy has been solid for a terrible sixers team, but he isnt an all star, and his impact in the east on a team like the cavs will be similar to the impact that Richard jefferson has had on the spurs in the west...not much.
    The Hawks could be losing their best player Joe Johnson to free agency this summer and until they knock off an elite team in the playoffs I'm not going to buy any of the hype that surrounds them, the Magic haven't gotten better this season after the loss of Turkoglu, and Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis will both be dinosaurs in a few years.I forgot to mention how four of the best players on the Boston Celtics are older than 31 years of age.Who in the East do you see improving other than the Charlotte Bobcats? The NBA East has been a crapshoot ever since the days of Michael Jordan's Bulls came to an end.When it seems like a team is going to be really dominant in the East for a long time they end up disappearing after a few stellar seasons.If I were Danny Ferry I'd take 3 solid players who are still in their 20's over any 3 players that the Magic,Hawks and Celtics have right now.

You can't compare Richard Jefferson's role with the Spurs to Iggy's possible future role with the Cavs.Jefferson is a 30 year old player whose best days are behind him.He is playing for a San Antonio Spurs team that has regressed and is no longer the dominant team that they once were.He also is the fourth scoring option on his team.Iguodala is a player who is still in his prime and if traded to the Cavs he will be playing for one of the best teams in the NBA.He would be the Cavs second scoring option.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Feb 01, 2010 at 18:38.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If this trade happens the Cavaliers will be getting a special little star player that could help them in the long run.They would be short-handed in the center position without Ilgauskas but if you're a Cavs fan you have to be doing cartwheels if Iggy ends up in Cleveland.
    Iguadola is so under rated its not even funny. If Philly trades him then it would only be to get rid of Elton Brands contract, if not, then this is the dumbest idea ever by Philley.

Iguadola does everything...scores, defends, rebounds, gets assists, and can play 40 min per game...i would love to see him on the Knicks.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Iguadola is so under rated its not even funny. If Philly trades him then it would only be to get rid of Elton Brands contract, if not, then this is the dumbest idea ever by Philley.

Iguadola does everything...scores, defends, rebounds, gets assists, and can play 40 min per game...i would love to see him on the Knicks.
    Philly has pretty much been a losing organization for these past few decades.The only reason why they made the NBA finals 9 years ago was because of Allen Iverson.They made the playoffs last year but they should have never fired Maurice Cheeks.He was doing a great job for them before they went through that losing period.

Iguadola is a player that would be making all star teams every year if he played on a good team.He is one of those players who are overlooked because the games in which he plays in never get nationally televised.It isn't surprising to me that his name rarely gets mentioned on Sportscenter.