Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Thread: Lebron might get his star player to play along side him

  1. #16
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    hahaha iggy was able to mesh with andre miller, am I believing the nonsense I hear from posters on this site. This is ridiculous to the enth degree. Yeah of course iggy meshed well with miller, miller is one of the top 5 pure now emphasize pure point guards in the league in terms of his main goal is to make the players around him better. That means nothing for iggy in terms of his ability to play second fiddle and improve a team. Or that iggy is a star caliber player in todays league, I equate him to a corey mcgette or ronny brewer type, athletic can play some defense, but never the less when you boil it all down the dude is an under achiever who is not not, never was and never will be a legitimate star in this league. I mean seriously where are our knicks fans on this site.

    I see nets fans

    cavs fans

    philly fans.

    its like you want to argue nonsense just to make the situation look worse than it is if the cavs get iggy, he is not a championship cornerstone, the cavs have the best record in the league and have owned the lakers with out iggy, and you act as if he will be the reason lebron stays haha. If lebron stays its because he wants to stay in CLV, not because AI 2 is putting up 13 ppg along side him.
    First of all, my thread had nothing to do with whether Lebron James stays in Cleveland or whether he goes to the Knicks.There is a good reason why I posted this thread in the NBA folder of the forum.If this was a thread about the Knicks chances at Lebron James I would have posted this in the Knicks folder of the forum.The point that I was trying to make was that Iguodala would be a star player on the Cavs just like he is a star player on the Sixers.

    Second of all, even if this was a thread about Lebron's chances of signing with the Knicks you are sounding like a Knick fan who is in denial about the Cavs having a better opportunity of signing Lebron past the 2009-10 season than the Knicks have.Whenever you see Knick fans, who are objective about other teams in the NBA, you quickly deride them and dismiss them as being fans of those teams.Why should I embrace your opinion over actual NBA statistics? Aren't you the same person who speculated that the Knicks would finish the season eight games above five hundred? You are just speculating when you say that Iggy couldn't play second fiddle to Lebron James in Cleveland.Iggy has been doing everything that was required of him to do for the Philadelphia 76ers.What else would you like him to do? Play all five positions at the same time? If he is such an overrated basketball player why are general managers of other teams showing interest in him? Do you know more about the talent and impact of NBA players than the average NBA executive? The Cavs might have one of the best records in the league right now but Danny Ferry knows there is a good possibility that Lebron James's Cavalier days are being numbered and that the Cavs haven't been able to win an NBA championship with the roster that they currently have.His job as Cavs general manager is to look for ways to make his team better not to sit behind his desk gloating about how the Cavs beat the Lakers in two regular season games and how they own a 38-11 record.Thank God the NBA championship is decided in June and not in February and that teams have the privilege of playing eachother in 7 game series.

    Lastly, you are giving way too much credit to Andre Miller.If Miller is such a great point guard and has such a tremendous impact on any team that he plays for why in his 12 year NBA career has he only taken his teams to the playoffs 5 times? Why did the Denver Nuggets get rid of him in the first place if he is this stupendous player? Are you basing his entire career on that one 52 point game that he had against the Mavericks the other day? I'm not overlooking Miller's ability to contribute at the point guard position, but to write off Andre Iguodala as some sort of bum and exalt Andre Miller as some colossal benefactor, to the team that he plays for, seems like an absurd thing to do.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Feb 02, 2010 at 07:31.

  2. #17
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Miller is an excellent pg, he is practically single handedly keeping the trail blazers afloat right now. And in terms of Iggy doing everything he is required , if you actually READ , and COMPREHENDed what I stated, you will recognize I based my entire point on his bloated salary making all star money with out all star production, so I questioned why the Cavs would look to get him, I stated Lebron staying or going to support my point, not to make that "the point" Starksy you obviously failed the verbal section of your SAT's because you didnt comprehend a word that I said.

  3. #18
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Miller is an excellent pg, he is practically single handedly keeping the trail blazers afloat right now. And in terms of Iggy doing everything he is required , if you actually READ , and COMPREHENDed what I stated, you will recognize I based my entire point on his bloated salary making all star money with out all star production, so I questioned why the Cavs would look to get him, I stated Lebron staying or going to support my point, not to make that "the point" Starksy you obviously failed the verbal section of your SAT's because you didnt comprehend a word that I said.
    I comprended everything that you said and I rebutted almost all of your arguments.It seems like you just want to have the final say on the discussion,so you start by knocking my intelligence.A lot of players in the NBA never live up to their contracts but that doesn't necessarily dictate whether those players are stars or not.Just because Iggy is not putting up Kevin Durant kind of numbers doesn't mean that the money he is making right now should take away from what he has done for the Sixers in these past few years.If every star player lived up to their contract they'd all put up better numbers than Michael Jordan did throughout his career.It wouldn't hurt Cleveland if they tried to go for a championship this year by gambling on Iggy.He might not be as good as the 24 players that you think are better than him but he would improve the Cavs' backcourt tremendously and would be a better second scoring option for the Cavs than Mo Williams.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Feb 07, 2010 at 08:16.

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Iggy is as much of a star as David Lee.

    Iggy does not take over games. Teams do not fear him. Teams do not make game plans around him.

    Remember the play-offs? Where was he then? He was awful.

    He wouldn't fit with the cavs because bron needs someone to be able to hit an open jumper when he kicks it back out after slashing to the basket and taking 2-3 defenders with him. Iggy is not that guy.

  5. #20
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    I comprended everything that you said and I rebutted almost all of your arguments.It seems like you just want to have the final say on the discussion,so you start by knocking my intelligence.A lot of players in the NBA never live up to their contracts but that doesn't neccessarily dictate whether those players are stars or not.Just because Iggy is not putting up Kevin Durant kind of numbers doesn't mean that the money he is making right now should take away from what he has done for the Sixers these past few years.If every star player lived up to their contract they'd all put up better numbers than Michael Jordan did throughout his career.It wouldn't hurt Cleveland if they tried to go for a championship this year by gambling on Iggy.He might not be as good as the 24 players that you think are better than him but he would improve the Cavs' backcourt tremendously and would be a better second scoring option for the Cavs than Mo Williams.
    i agree starky.good post.

    he could be james's pippen.

  6. #21
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    i agree starky.good post.

    he could be james's pippen.
    I have difficulty trying to determine whether you were being sarcastic in your post or serious.

    By no means am I calling Iggy a superstar.I recognize that he isn't as good of a player as a Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul or even an Amar'e Stoudemire.But I think it's unfair when people underestimate a player that averaged 19.3 points and 5.05 assists the previous two seasons.Iggy's numbers might not be anomalously good but my argument is that he would be a better second scoring option to Lebron than anyone who is currently playing for the Cavs.What I don't understand is people who quickly dismiss this notion by categorizing Iggy as an underachiever and as a player who isn't capable of putting up solid numbers on a contending team.Their counter arguments are that he never made an all-star team, he never led a team passed the first round of the playoffs, he makes more money than his actual value, he couldn't mesh with a superstar player, and he is a player that is on the decline.These are arguments that either have nothing to do with what Iggy has accomplished on the court or arguments that are based on opinion and mere speculation.

  7. #22
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i wasn't being sarcastic.

  8. #23
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    i wasn't being sarcastic.
    The smilies can be deceiving at times.That's why I wasn't sure about your post.

  9. #24
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    jordans pippen. why are you on this site.
    I dont get why or how you can actually live with yourself by saying something that ridiculous.

    Iggy would be James's pippen omg.

    the year Jordan Left, Pippen led the bulls to a 55-27 record I believe and nearly knocked off a studded knicks team in 7 games.

    and you are going to compare a 50 greatest player of all time to andre IG.

    enough please close this thread
    the stupidity is causing my brain cells to run for cover.

  10. #25
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    jordans pippen. why are you on this site.
    I dont get why or how you can actually live with yourself by saying something that ridiculous.

    Iggy would be James's pippen omg.

    the year Jordan Left, Pippen led the bulls to a 55-27 record I believe and nearly knocked off a studded knicks team in 7 games.

    and you are going to compare a 50 greatest player of all time to andre IG.

    enough please close this thread
    the stupidity is causing my brain cells to run for cover.
    I think what he meant was that Iggy would be to Lebron what Pippen was to Jordan.Meaning that Lebron would have another solid offensive player on his team.I don't think the guy was trying to compare Iggy's career to Pippen's.

  11. #26
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    james gets compared to jordan all the time, i was merely making a comparison in regard to a possible tandem for effect.you don't have to explain anything to him starky.who gives a **** about what he thinks.

  12. #27
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    James isnt and Never will be jordan, and who compares them ?

    kobe yes

    James No.

    Iggy to pippen no

    you are in a whole different hemisphere in terms of your sourcing to support your statement, just admit it ANU your off base here and every one who knows basketball knows it
    you made a false proclamation that JAMES AND IGGY
    could be JORDAN AND PIPPEN

    just typing it makes my stomach turn.

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    James isnt and Never will be jordan, and who compares them ?

    kobe yes

    James No.

    Iggy to pippen no

    you are in a whole different hemisphere in terms of your sourcing to support your statement, just admit it ANU your off base here and every one who knows basketball knows it
    you made a false proclamation that JAMES AND IGGY
    could be JORDAN AND PIPPEN

    just typing it makes my stomach turn.
    Co-sign.

    Now I can defend Anu on the fact that the media and maybe some basketball analysts has made Lebron and Jordan comparisons. But lately, I have not heard such a comparison in a long time.

  14. #29
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I'm not gonna get into an argument with you.clearly, i imagined all the the lebron/jordan comparisons from the media.thus making my point of him being JAMES'S pippen, not the NEXT pippen even more of a fail.you win i lose.



    mamabicho.

  15. #30
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Similar Threads

  1. LeBron to wear to #6 in 2010
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2010, 14:47
  2. More Lebron Noise
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Feb 09, 2010, 21:54
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2009, 18:41
  4. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 09:44
  5. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •