Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PG Problem for 2010

Default PG Problem for 2010

Even if we get LeBron, How do we solve our problem at PG????

The only players I can think of are:

Raymond Felton: He becomes a free agent in 2010 and hopefully we can get him for about 6-9 million

Jarryd Bayless: We would need to trade for him after the summer of 2010, but he would be a super nice fit for us

Chris Duhon?: That would honestly suck to bring him back, but I guess it would be worth another shot if we can't get anyone else to come play in NY with LeBron.

And if we don't get LeBron...shouldn't Chris Paul be plan B?

Thoughts?

Veteran

Nyk Logo

A hint on Lebron James career decision for the next 5 to 6 years....Chicago is a no-no after the Phil Jackson/Jordan era,
    the N.J. Nets have to make a huge 360 revolution from the deadline to the draft day, to coaching-staff,
    Miami has more posiblility than any other Eastern Conference team,
    the strong support of the Dallas, Spurs, and Lakers organization is what Lebron is looking for.....inwhich he gets from the Cleveland Cavs organization now.
    The Cavs will make a legal or illegal move this offseason to keep Lebron, and Stern will look the other way.

If the Knicks still have headcoach Dantoni, then Duhon will be resigned.
    On draft night alot of PG will be up for trade.

I hear you...

Between $6-9m is preposterous for Felton. It's gotta be way closer to $6m for a quasi-decent PG when, in Felton's case, passing isn't a key attribute.

Bayless... Absolutely.... Can really see this kid unfolding into a very respectable point guard. And at $2.14m going into next season, it's a no brainer.

And Duhon.... Good God... 2 years of unadulterated **** is surely enough isn't it? I've questioned the management before, but if he's back next year then I propose a revolt.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    A hint on Lebron James career decision for the next 5 to 6 years....Chicago is a no-no after the Phil Jackson/Jordan era,
    the N.J. Nets have to make a huge 360 revolution from the deadline to the draft day, to coaching-staff,
    Miami has more posiblility than any other Eastern Conference team,
    the strong support of the Dallas, Spurs, and Lakers organization is what Lebron is looking for.....inwhich he gets from the Cleveland Cavs organization now.
    The Cavs will make a legal or illegal move this offseason to keep Lebron, and Stern will look the other way.

If the Knicks still have headcoach Dantoni, then Duhon will be resigned.
    On draft night a lot of PG will be up for trade.
    Wow.... That's not really in any way relevant to the thread.... What an odd way to address the Knicks PG woes.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Osiris80
    Wow.... That's not really in any way relevant to the thread.... What an odd way to address the Knicks PG woes.
    Even if we get LeBron, How do we solve our problem at PG????
    Felton?
    Bayless?
    Duhon?
    Answer to these questions are? we will not get Lebron under this regime.
    And our PG problem lies in....

If the Knicks still have headcoach Dantoni, then Duhon will be resigned. On draft night a lot of PG will be up for trade.

Knicks have had a PG problem since Marc Jackson was traded after the 92 season.

Y'all know, that there isn't only free agency to improve. Guys like Hinrich, Sessions, Stuckey or even Harris might be available for expiring contracts, so don't worry bout this.

Its all David Kahn's fault. If he wasn't such a retarted butthole we would not have this problem, because we would prob have Rubio or Flynn. But Pedro makes a good point. Jeffries and Eddy Curry are expiring contracts next year that could land us a decent/good pg.

Originally Posted by Pedro De Pacas
    Y'all know, that there isn't only free agency to improve. Guys like Hinrich, Sessions, Stuckey or even Harris might be available for expiring contracts, so don't worry bout this.
    I agree with what your saying. There are other ways to improve at the PG position. However, do you really think that Kirk Hinrich is a great complimentary player? The guy is starting out of necessity in Chicago, and was a role player for the past 2 years.

I really like the idea of Bayless. I wouldn't mind drafting a guard in the second round next year that can play defense (James Anderson, Paul George ,ect.) and trading either one of our expiring contracts for Bayless (Curry or Jeffries granted neither of them gets dealt before this years deadline). I really like what he showed when Brandon Roy went down and yeah, it might be a little premature to base a decision off that, but his production at U of A was phenomenal and I think he fits the kind of player that Coach D looks for in a PG/

LOL

On a side note:

My NBA 2k10 roster looks like this:

PG- Felton
    SG- Chandler
    SF- LeBron
    PF- Lee
    C- Camby

Bench Players: Gallo, Hill, Douglas, Raja Bell, Sundiata Gaines, Wesley Matthews, and Eddy Curry

How nice would it be to have a lineup looking like that?? LOL

KnicksonLIN.com

I think Chris Duhomo is one of Dyke M'Anphony's pet players. I think he will put in a good name for Duhomo, and Walsh will re-sign him for 3-4 million/yr.
    Then, the Knicks will sign a big time free agent point guard, and D'Anphony will bench him for Duhomo.
    I think Duhomo could average 5 points on 31% fg, 4 assists, and 4 turnovers, and D'Anphony would still start him.
    SMH @ Duhomo playing over Nate Robinson and Toney Douglas.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Its all David Kahn's fault. If he wasn't such a retarted butthole we would not have this problem, because we would prob have Rubio or Flynn. But Pedro makes a good point. Jeffries and Eddy Curry are expiring contracts next year that could land us a decent/good pg.

Good point about the F-ing T-Wolves and Kahn anyway if we get stuck with both Eddy and Jared's contracts that would be a nice chunk of $$$ to throw at a Chris Paul or a Daren Williams wouldn't it

2011-2012 Knicks

C.Paul/Tony Douglas
    Chandler/Landry
    Lebron/any SF draft pick?
    Gallinari/any PF draft pick?
    Lee/Hill

john wall is the best guard prospect to come out of college since jordan.as a freshman.ii know we have no shot at this dude, but if deals get made, lee and al get dealt for prospects, donnie should take a shot.maybe take back some salary, and a first round pick protected to eternity.i almost wish if lebron would sign his extension now if he plans to stay in cleveland.

Originally Posted by ANU
    john wall is the best guard prospect to come out of college since jordan.as a freshman.ii know we have no shot at this dude, but if deals get made, lee and al get dealt for prospects, donnie should take a shot.maybe take back some salary, and a first round pick protected to eternity.i almost wish if lebron would sign his extension now if he plans to stay in cleveland.
    Yeah I agree.

Getting Wall would be my number one option. LeBron isn't coming people...Wall is our next best shot. Why not take on more salary for this year and get expiring contracts for next year to throw money at Carmelo!!!

Pg- Wall
    Sg- Chandler
    Sf- Melo
    PF- Gallo
    C- Hill/Lee(if we can resign Lee)

Now that team is a force to be reckoned with...

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Good point about the F-ing T-Wolves and Kahn anyway if we get stuck with both Eddy and Jared's contracts that would be a nice chunk of $$$ to throw at a Chris Paul or a Daren Williams wouldn't it

2011-2012 Knicks

C.Paul/Tony Douglas
    Chandler/Landry
    Lebron/any SF draft pick?
    Gallinari/any PF draft pick?
    Lee/Hill

If we want Paul, we need a lot of things to happen which are all unlikely. We need the hornets to suck badly. And then we'd need to trade all our young prospects not named Gallo along with curry nd jeffries. then'd we'd have to take back some other bad contracts the hornets have like posey or peja. Even if all this happened I doubt the Hornets would do that if we did'nt include Gallo.

So, let's say we magically get Paul. You can take Douglass, Chandler, Hill, Landry, and maybe even Lee out of that lineup. I have lost hope in getting Cp3 through a trade. The Hornets know hes to good to give up.