Danilo Gallinari for 3-Point Contest

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I don't about Gallinari, but Channing Frye made it. Wow that name sounds familiar......

Did Frye show any 3 pt ability here? Lol I remember he had a nice shooting touch, but just like mid-range. Took me by surprise when I saw some Suns games and he was draining threes.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Did Frye show any 3 pt ability here? Lol I remember he had a nice shooting touch, but just like mid-range. Took me by surprise when I saw some Suns games and he was draining threes.

Yeah but that's my point. Its up to the franchise as well as the player to encourage and grow talent. Alot of players enter the NBA with no 3 point shooting touch, only to develop it later. If we had allowed Frye or Ariza to develop, there is no need to waste a lottery pick on the same type of player.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Yeah but that's my point. Its up to the franchise as well as the player to encourage and grow talent. Alot of players enter the NBA with no 3 point shooting touch, only to develop it later. If we had allowed Frye or Ariza to develop, there is no need to waste a lottery pick on the same type of player.

Same type of player?? Yea its cool Frye can shoot much better, but Gallo>>>Frye. Not even close.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
You only got 14 friends on fb? Jesus man do you have a life at all??

Good news on Gallo though, now ill actually watch the 3 pt shooting thing

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

If you compare Frye and Ariza to Gallo you have elaborate a bit. Why?

Frye(also a lottery pick #8) start shooting 3's in his 5th seasson in the league and now he is the shiiiit.
''Coming into this season, Suns center Channing Frye had made 20 three point shots in his four year NBA career.'' http://ktar.com/?sid=1259394&nid=112. He is already with his third team in his young career and has not done much till now. Let's see where Gallo stand in 4 years and then we can talk about it.

Ariza had one nice seasson with a very talented lakers team as a 4-5 option then he went to a less talented rockets team (no Yao or Mcgrady)and regressed (Imo). He is still a 4-5 option.

jimkcchief88

All Star
If you compare Frye and Ariza to Gallo you have elaborate a bit. Why?

Frye(also a lottery pick #8) start shooting 3's in his 5th seasson in the league and now he is the shiiiit.
''Coming into this season, Suns center Channing Frye had made 20 three point shots in his four year NBA career.'' http://ktar.com/?sid=1259394&nid=112. He is already with his third team in his young career and has not done much till now. Let's see where Gallo stand in 4 years and then we can talk about it.

Ariza had one nice seasson with a very talented lakers team as a 4-5 option then he went to a less talented rockets team (no Yao or Mcgrady)and regressed (Imo). He is still a 4-5 option.

Fair points all the way around. I compare the three because they are all tall guys with some outside shooting touch. The difference that you pointed out is that they developed thier touch while Gallo came in with it. That's great, but my problem is I don't want a 7 footer that just sits outside and heaves up 3's as the sixth pick. As you pointed out Frye was a lottery pick as well. The three are pretty comparable statistically( Ariza 15.6ppg/5.5rpg, Frye 12/5, Gallo 14/5) so why did we draft Gallo again??? We already drafted him twice and let him go. Now Gallo is the younger of the three so maybe there is an upside there, but part of the reason we are 10 games under .500 is that we keep drafting the same player over and over without developing talent and establishing a core roster. I guess its pretty obvious that I am not a Gallo fan in the slightest because there were better guys we should have drafted in his spot. I suppose I will root for him in the 3 point contest, but I doubt Gallo will do much because his delivery is too long and deliberate. I doubt he will be able to finish the racks......

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I guess its pretty obvious that I am not a Gallo fan in the slightest because there were better guys we should have drafted in his spot. I suppose I will root for him in the 3 point contest, but I doubt Gallo will do much because his delivery is too long and deliberate. I doubt he will be able to finish the racks......

Even as the biggest Big Cock supporter on this site, I still got to admit your right about that. 3 pt contest is not only about how accurate you are, but how much stamina and how quick you can shoot the threes. Hopefully with some practice, he'll get a faster release. My fear is him shooting a really high percentage but not shooting all the balls. Gallo tends to set his feet everytime he shoots, which takes away precious seconds.

clumsy

Rotation player
no way....all around Ariza games is way different han the other 2. His offensive game is not good unless he has an open look. His is a great defender tho.

Frye and Gallo....are kinda similar except that Gallo can actually drive if he wants to.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Looks like Stephen Curry will be in the 3-point contest as well. Gallo, Frye and Curry. A Knick, former Knick and the one everybody wanted to be a Knick.

Torp

Benchwarmer
Gallo has got to be able to win this... I hear he rarely misses in practice, set-shot situations. Of course, this is the all-star game, but it shouldn't affect him much (i hope)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Gallinari has a slow release, so it may work against him. He shoots the three at a high accuracy, though, so he has a good chance to win.

The three players with the best chance of winning are Pierce, Gallinari, and Frye, because they are tall and don't have to jump very high to get off their shot.

My pick is Channing Frye, but he is inconsistent with his jump shot.

Here are the 3 point percentages for each participant:
Paul Pierce 46.7% 3 Pt
Channing Frye 43.4% 3Pt
Chauncey Billups 43.1% 3Pt
Stephen Curry 42.9% 3 Pt
Danilo Gallinari 40.1% 3 Pt
Daequan Cook 30% 3 Pt(defending champion)

Paul1355

All Star
Gallo will fail....his shooting has been on a decline the past couple weeks....STEEP DECLINE

If Gallo does good it will show how inconsistent this entire Knicks team is, except for David Lee.

If Gallo does good on this contest and has shown us every game that he is unable to get open and shoot the shot, then he is like every failing player on this team.

Gallo always gives up his shot and passes to Jared Jeffries....this is sickening on every level of basketball.