Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official '"I still watch wrestling" thread

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    StreetDreams - I agree 150% with you on CM Punk. I don't really watch Smackdown (as its on Friday night), but what I've seen from him has been fantastic. Really enjoying that gimmick.

Starky - interesting stuff about Hogan/Nash and you are absolutely right. The two of them (and Hall, to a lesser extent) were the cause of the rise of WCW, but also the cause of the fall. The fact is, Hogan shows up, and refuses to put anybody over. Now, he put over The Rock, Stone Cold, those guys because he saw those guys as equal to him. But on his second return to the WWE, he refused to go over for HBK, refused to put any young talent over. If the Hogan that has to win every time is the Hogan that has shown up, you can start counting down TNA's days.

There is ONE way I think TNA CAN do well.

They have to move to Monday Night, live and go right up against Raw...you may think it's a death sentence but hear me out.

Part of the allure of the Monday Night wars was switching back and forth, seeing what was going on on Raw, then flipping to Nitro. When I watched the Raw that went up against Impact, I felt like it was the old days again, it was a good feeling.

You will get people who normally tune into Raw saying, "Hmmm...let me check out what's going on on Impact," during the commercials. People who tune into Raw are already interested in the product of wrestling, as you alluded to Starky. It's not that they are "WWE-fans" or "TNA-fans", as you said there's really no such thing. They are wrestling fans. I think people will tune in Monday Nights, even just for a few minutes, to see what's going on. And once you get them in for a few minutes, you CAN hook them.

But TNA needs to work on their booking. That Monday night, when Impact went live against Raw, a friend of mine who was a HUGE wrestling fan in the day tuned into the first hour of Impact that went on from 8-9. He said they had an hour to hook him. But in that hour they had 2 matches, both of which were horrible and neither of which ended in a true winner. TNA had a golden opportunity there, TNA HAS talent. SHOWCASE it. You know people are interested, tuning in from 8-9. Hook them. Jeff Hardy showing up in the first hour hooks nobody that wouldn't already be interested in the product.

TNA's booking decisions are beyond crazy. While I think WWE has obviously made some mistakes of their own, they make a lot of right ones. TNA does not.
    Here is my list of people who I don't believe belong in TNA.

Hulk Hogan

Kevin Nash

Scott Hall

Sean Waltman

Sean Morley

Orlando Jordan

the Nasty Boys

I would keep guys like Ric Flair, Mick Foley and Sting just so they could help out the younger wrestlers.That's why I think it is a smart idea that Ric Flair works along side A.J Styles just like he did with Evolution in WWE.

As for TNA Impact being moved to Monday Nights, they already are negotiating with Spike TV on a deal.It will just be a matter of time that they'll be going up against Monday Night Raw.Hopefully they put up better shows this time around and stay away from copying old WWE story lines.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Here is my list of people who I don't believe belong in TNA.

Hulk Hogan

Kevin Nash

Scott Hall

Sean Waltman

Sean Morley

Orlando Jordan

the Nasty Boys

I would keep guys like Ric Flair, Mick Foley and Sting just so they could help out the younger wrestlers.That's why I think it is a smart idea that Ric Flair works along side A.J Styles just like he did with Evolution in WWE.

As for TNA Impact being moved to Monday Nights, they already are negotiating with Spike TV on a deal.It will just be a matter of time that they'll be going up against Monday Night Raw.Hopefully they put up better shows this time around and stay away from copying old WWE story lines.
    Sting was the man...

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Sting was the man...
    Sting is the only WCW wrestler that never sold out to Vince McMahon.Even though he is 50 years old he can still wrestler almost as good as he did when he was in his 30's.Scott Hall needs to get advice from Sting on how to stay in shape.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Sting is the only WCW wrestler that never sold out to Vince McMahon.Even though he is 50 years old he can still wrestler almost as good as he did when he was in his 30's.Scott Hall needs to get advice from Sting on how to stay in shape.
    Scott Hall also needs advice from CM Punk how how to start being sober.

I'll make a long response to what everyone said later.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Scott Hall also needs advice from CM Punk how how to start being sober.

I'll make a long response to what everyone said later.
    I don't know if you've seen this video but this is what a lot of people remember about Scott Hall.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Val Venis/Sean Morley is my favorite wrestler of all time.Very underrated.

WWF (I refuse to call it otherwise) has been stale a while.Sometimes it goes through some good stretches, but hasn't been consistent in ages EXCEPT ECW recently.Lately though it hasn't been good.Sadly it only has two weeks left before NXT comes.It had simple yet fresh storylines last year.New wrestlers, good wrestlers, entertaining wrestlers.

TNA just sucks.I barely watch it anymore and I used to put through it every week just to stay in the know with wrestling stuff, but it's really just a bad show.It's even worse now with Hogan and Bischoff.Russo was nuts, but at least it was humerous at times.Now I feel sorry for some wrestlers.AJ does not need this stupid Flair gimmick I heard about.TNA always has to make things complicated.

Val Venis was good back in the early part of the decade. i don't think he has much use in TNA.

TNA does need to be much more original. They have used certain guys like Pope well, but others just randomly fade and come back. The booking is still not that good, it needs to be more solid. They always have matches in their PPV cards that just randomly come in there. Like, there was absolutely no buildup to that match whatsoever, it just randomly comes up. The ones I remember the most are the opening X Division matches in PPVS. That one with the weird looking red cage, is a primary example.

They have so much room to grow, and the guys Starky mentioned do have no reason to be there. All past their prime. Although I don't mind seeing Orlando Jordan again, he isn't all that bad of an overall wrestler.

Back to WWE...Overall, I am not happy with the product. In a sense, Im happy their ECW show is gone, because it gives Christian the chance to go to a bigger show and shine. He needs a World Title, imo he deserves it more than anyone. One of the best all around.

Oh, and I hate Sheamus.

Did anyone watch Raw yesterday? If so, what did you think of the Jerry Springer segment? I thought it was very cheesy and had so much bad acting in it that I was just waiting for it to be done with.I also had a problem with the whole Brett Hart getting hit by a car segment.Something tells me that the story line is going to involve Brett eventually accusing Vince McMahon of being responsible for the death of his brother and also being the master mind behind the car incident.These car accident story lines have been recycled countless times by the WWE writers over the years.WWE just continues to put up weak programs.It's funny how the WWE shows no acknowledgement for TNA's decision to move to Monday nights when TNA could very well be the organization that forces the WWE to put up a better product.

Yeah, all that recycled car "accident" thing did was make me laugh.It's just for Vince to accept the match since he has more of an advantage now, even though that's stupid considering Bret's actual wrestling shape is enough.

Really though, at least there's a nice build-up to WrestleMania this year.Last year's is crap, build-up and show.

I kinda enjoyed the Springer segment, anything not PG is enjoyable. I was actually pretty shocked when Bret hart said "ass" three time a few weeks ago. Then when it was being recapped it was censored, lol.

TNA Impact is moving to Mondays on March 8. Looks like some of you guys got your wish. This is going to be interesting.

And why are there only 4 matches for the new PPV? Whatever, I think Sheamus and Jericho are winning the respective Elimination chamber matches.

I don't like to criticize a wrestling organization that I'm rooting for but TNA had the opportunity to televise a good show on Thusday night and messed it up.

This is what they should have left out on Thursday's Impact.

1.The Jeff Jarrett vs Abyss match

2.The misuse of Desmond Wolfe

3.The Kurt Angle vs Daniels match

4.The kidnapping of Samoa Joe

5.The ridiculous ending with Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Syxx Pac and Hogan.

What I did find good about Impact, was how the show started out with Ric Flair and the Pope exchanging words.But you know that Styles has poor mic skills when he allows Flair to do all the talking for him.

Another thing I found good, was the Kurt Angle/ Ken Anderson promo.Anderson mocking Angle was probably the funniest thing that I've seen on Impact.

TNA needs to step up their game if they're going to draw well on Monday Nights.They have a tendency of losing a lot of viewers after the first quarter hour of their shows.They need to practice on building up good story lines, for their main events, throughout the course of their shows.One thing that keeps wrestling viewers glued to the TV is that main event build up.People easily get bored when they don't have anything to look forward to.Hopefully TNA management can pick this up and correct it.

KBlack is getting his wish and TNA is moving to Mondays.

Thoughts?

It could definitely make RAW have a better show than they have usually.They're no match though.TNA is horrible whenever I put it on.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by abcd
    What's he doing nowadays?