Should Nate start this late in the season???

Kiyaman

Legend
It?s to late in the season to be starting Nate Robinson at PG......the other starters are basically use-to Duhon's routine as a starter through the first 47 games. Duhon is a starter but not a Finisher on this team. The sudden change in the starting PG, and the energy guard off the bench could add more problems than it is worth. We do not want to take Duhon completely out of the rotation, but we do want to decrease his minutes of playing time drastically.

The nucleus of the trio of ?Nate, Hughes, and Harrington? coming off the bench for 20 minutes or more of playing time would be a better recipe at this stage of the game.
Adding a 9<SUP>th</SUP> man (Hill or Douglas) for double digits playingtime depending on which is needed for the opposition would make the last 35 games of the season interesting to watch for team improvement and complimentary-teammates.
However, it all will really depend on the action-taken on the trading-deadline?

P.S. Being that head coach Dantoni refuse to use a 9-man rotation or a 8-man rotation throughout the first 47 games of the season?.I would not trade any player during the trading-deadline b/c of the coach favoritism to certain players, especially to the quarterback of the team Duhon.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The line up has changed appearance more than Michael Jackson's nose Kiya. It's just more of the same.

I'm not a big supporter of N8, and he hasn't done a lot really to make his move to the starting 1 a unanimous or obvious choice IMO. That's in regard to handles, vision, decision making and P&R passing/ passing in general that I make that call..

But as far as him taking the reigns from the biggest ****tard in basketball, I'm all for it.

Hopefully he plays well and Duhon fades out of existence.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nate should definitely start. The only guards that we should use on a consistent basis should be: douglas, nate, and hughes. duhon should not even see garbage time.

Paul1355

All Star
Kiyaman....i onyl read your bolded question but why are you seriously asking the question if Nate should start??

Nate should have started from day 1 and counting.

Duhon has failed completely as a starting PG in the NBA.

Last year he was okay but this year he has gone downhill and never recovered.

The saddest part about this whole thing is that Nate winds up scoring 20 points off the bench some games and plays less minutes than Duhon.....Whats ever worse: Toney Douglas once played 20 minutes...his last game with a full amount of minutes guess what? He scored 19 points and since then he has seen barely any minutes while Duhon eats up the court with poor decision making and D+ abilities.

I have never seen such an over rated player like Duhon.

To MIke D...Duhon is some allstar....every knick fan knows he sucks and is not the player he was last year and yet we bench Nate and Douglas all the time.

Enough is enough....Duhon should be a bench player for the rest of the season. No more questions about it.

Kiyaman

Legend
I put this "POST" up for one reason.....will the Knicks starting lineup (of Lee, Gallo, Jeff, and Chandler) accept Nate over Duhon this late in the season?
To me....Nate should've replaced Marbury & Crawford as the starting-point years ago (thats my opinion).

Lets look at the first-quarter of the Bucks and Cavs game to see how well the Knicks other starters (performance) feel about Nate replacing Duhon:

Bucks-29 Knicks-26.....3rd Qtr. Bucks-36 Knicks-22
Cavs-44 Knicks-24 ......3rd qtr. Cavs-20 Knicks-26

I dont see much acceptance....Nate's assist/turnover ratio says he is comfortable as a starter, but teammates like Lee committed 10 turnovers in the two games, Lee career record speaks for it self, it takes Lee 4 to 6 games to commit 10 turnovers.
I'm just pointing out the small things that dont look right<!-- / message -->

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman....i onyl read your bolded question but why are you seriously asking the question if Nate should start??

Nate should have started from day 1 and counting.

Duhon has failed completely as a starting PG in the NBA.

Last year he was okay but this year he has gone downhill and never recovered.

The saddest part about this whole thing is that Nate winds up scoring 20 points off the bench some games and plays less minutes than Duhon.....Whats ever worse: Toney Douglas once played 20 minutes...his last game with a full amount of minutes guess what? He scored 19 points and since then he has seen barely any minutes while Duhon eats up the court with poor decision making and D+ abilities.

I have never seen such an over rated player like Duhon.

To MIke D...Duhon is some allstar....every knick fan knows he sucks and is not the player he was last year and yet we bench Nate and Douglas all the time.

Enough is enough....Duhon should be a bench player for the rest of the season. No more questions about it.

The DNP's to one of the top steals in the 2009 draft class Toney Douglas, plus our dire need for another strong young rebounding bigman in the paint Jordan Hill receiving DNP throughout the season.....that's the icing on the cake.....or the biggest reminder of Isiah Thomas tour giving 30 minutes of playingtime to his favoritism pet-players who been in a slump the last 41 games.

How long does it take us to realize were witnessing the same process we went through during the Isiah Thomas tour?

If we take-away 7 minutes of Lee 37 mpg
take-away 7 minutes of Chandler 35 mpg
take-away 10 minutes of Gallo 33 mpg
take-away 14 minutes of Duhon 34 mpg
take-away 5 minutes of Jefferies 28 mpg
take-away 5 minutes of Harrington 30 mpg
Reducing all of the above (6) players minutes will improve their stats and performance better than what they been given in the last 50 games.
Because increasing Nate Robinson's minutes from 24 to 32 mpg will increase the speed of the players transition performance for easy baskets for 32 mpg.
Plus adding more fresh legs into the rotation for a run n gun transition with the quickness of Toney Douglas at point, Hughes off the defensive steal, and Hill's rebounding giving oponents one shot at the basket would make the Knicks a decent team to watch under a run n gun head coach.
Plus having 10 happy players on the team this season...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The DNP's to one of the top steals in the 2009 draft class Toney Douglas

Whether or not TD is a steal is still undetermined. Only because he gets no PT.

It's a complete **** up on D'Antoni's part to exclude him. He's shown glimpses of real defensive grit and offensive prowess.

Jordan Hill as well shouldn't be suffering this bull shit ignorance.

D'Antoni has slipped in my estimation this year and this is not the only reason.

jpz17

Starter
It?s to late in the season to be starting Nate Robinson at PG......the other starters are basically use-to Duhon's routine as a starter through the first 47 games. Duhon is a starter but not a Finisher on this team. The sudden change in the starting PG, and the energy guard off the bench could add more problems than it is worth. We do not want to take Duhon completely out of the rotation, but we do want to decrease his minutes of playing time drastically.

The nucleus of the trio of ?Nate, Hughes, and Harrington? coming off the bench for 20 minutes or more of playing time would be a better recipe at this stage of the game.
Adding a 9<sup>th</sup> man (Hill or Douglas) for double digits playingtime depending on which is needed for the opposition would make the last 35 games of the season interesting to watch for team improvement and complimentary-teammates.
However, it all will really depend on the action-taken on the trading-deadline?

P.S. Being that head coach Dantoni refuse to use a 9-man rotation or a 8-man rotation throughout the first 47 games of the season?.I would not trade any player during the trading-deadline b/c of the coach favoritism to certain players, especially to the quarterback of the team Duhon.

Hey do whatever works. Seriously this team is very hard to find a solid starting five. Everyone is a good roll player.. There really isn't any MUST start players. (Minus Lee)

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey do whatever works. Seriously this team is very hard to find a solid starting five. Everyone is a good roll player.. There really isn't any MUST start players. (Minus Lee)

At the end of lastseason (2008-9), it was easy to figure out the "starting" players on the Knick roster for the 2009-10 season.
It did not matter if we signed Kidd, Grant, Andre, Session, or drafted Jennings, Terrence Williams, or Blake. These new players would have to work themselves into the starting-lineup within the first 15 games coming off the bench making their teammates performance better (Kidd is no longer in his 20's, so it would take him time to get familuar with his new teammates like it did in his switch from Nets to Dallas.).
Role-Players are the most essential players to have to get to the FINALS and win a Championship.

Knick Starters were suppose to be a Healthy Eddy Curry at center.
It did not matter if Curry received just 4 to 6 minutes to start the game.
The same with Darko. We were suppose to have a real center to start each game.

Our Starting PF automatically was David Lee with backup help from Gallo or rookie Hill.

Our Starting SF was a coin toss between Harrington & Chandler each game.

Our Starting SG was 12 year veteran Larry Hughes or combo-Nate

Our Starting PG was Duhon or combo-Nate

Our deep depth bench is what we were suppose to use to win all our games this season. It did not matter if the majority of our "Bench-Players" received more playingtime minutes than the majority of our starters (we are playing to win.).

The Knicks 2009-10 bench-players were:
Combo-Nate
G/F-Chandler
F-Gallo
F-Jeff
PF-Hill
Combo-Douglas
C-Darko

Kiyaman

Legend
Calling-Out Lee, Gallo, and Chandler

In Nate's second start of the season, what players were on the court with Nate to turn a Cavs 20 point lead into a Cavs 3 point lead???

Hill, Harrington, Jefferies, and Duhon

That is the reason I made this POST..... it's to late in the season for the other starters to accept Nate over an uninjured Duhon. Their effort of performance has showed this in two straight games.

CoolClyde

Less N8, More Duhound!

it's never too late for N8 gr8ness! something needs to be done to break Duhound out of his "slump", if you can call it that. At this point in the season, D'amntoni should be focusing on doing whatever it takes to win (ie: more N8, less hound), and the FUTURE (Douglas and Hill).

Unfortunately, according to NY Post, Duhound will be back in starting lineup next game, and he is being made quasi-ASSISTANT COACH!!!!!!!!
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/new_starting_point_mwFKCo6AKZ7LJFNFGvudVN

WTF is up with this hound-dog love affair? I JUST DON'T GET IT!
pringle_houndlove.gif

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
it's never too late for N8 gr8ness! something needs to be done to break Duhound out of his "slump", if you can call it that. At this point in the season, D'amntoni should be focusing on doing whatever it takes to win (ie: more N8, less hound), and the FUTURE (Douglas and Hill).

Unfortunately, according to NY Post, Duhound will be back in starting lineup next game, and he is being made quasi-ASSISTANT COACH!!!!!!!!
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/new_starting_point_mwFKCo6AKZ7LJFNFGvudVN

WTF is up with this hound-dog love affair? I JUST DON'T GET IT!
pringle_houndlove.gif

If that's the case then d'antoni is a dumb mothafukka. He wants to see our team fail. What the fukk is wrong with him??? smh

Paul1355

All Star
The DNP's to one of the top steals in the 2009 draft class Toney Douglas, plus our dire need for another strong young rebounding bigman in the paint Jordan Hill receiving DNP throughout the season.....that's the icing on the cake.....or the biggest reminder of Isiah Thomas tour giving 30 minutes of playingtime to his favoritism pet-players who been in a slump the last 41 games.

How long does it take us to realize were witnessing the same process we went through during the Isiah Thomas tour?

If we take-away 7 minutes of Lee 37 mpg
take-away 7 minutes of Chandler 35 mpg
take-away 10 minutes of Gallo 33 mpg
take-away 14 minutes of Duhon 34 mpg
take-away 5 minutes of Jefferies 28 mpg
take-away 5 minutes of Harrington 30 mpg
Reducing all of the above (6) players minutes will improve their stats and performance better than what they been given in the last 50 games.
Because increasing Nate Robinson's minutes from 24 to 32 mpg will increase the speed of the players transition performance for easy baskets for 32 mpg.
Plus adding more fresh legs into the rotation for a run n gun transition with the quickness of Toney Douglas at point, Hughes off the defensive steal, and Hill's rebounding giving oponents one shot at the basket would make the Knicks a decent team to watch under a run n gun head coach.
Plus having 10 happy players on the team this season...
I completely agreed with everything you said.

Just that Jeffries should honestly get a max of 15 min per game but your numbers are more realistic.

The fact that a fan like you can solve an easy problem by giving Nate minutes and taking away minutes from struggling players just proves that Mike D just does not know how to coach in certain ways. He said in his last "Mike D show" that he doesn't believe in playing guys who have the "hot hand." Isn't basketball all about streaks and playing guys who can play consistent? Why bench players who are actually scoring in a game and then bring in the guys that can't buy a basket??? To him it really doest matter if a player struggles for half the season, only if it is obvious that someone like Duhon is hurting your team does he even think about sitting him.