NY KNICKS vs. BUCKS @ MSG - 7:30 PM - 02-05-10

johnstarky

Rotation player
Player-coach Kurt Thomas has alot to do with the Bucks acting and performing like a team this season.

I wanted us to make a trade for Kurt Thomas this offseason but I doubt if Kurt will ever play for Dantoni again, after the way Kurt Thomas man handle all the Phoenix Players in a sweeping series in the first round (Spurs vs Phoenix), a 5 game series is also a sweep.

How many more years does D'antoni have on his contract after this season? I'm not blaming all of the Knicks woes on him but he clearly isn't the right coach for this team.

johnstarky

Rotation player
No surprise that visiting players such as Jennings put up great 2nd half shows when they play at the Garden.The NBA should just get rid of the Knicks and use MSG as an arena for out of town teams to play each other.

Kiyaman

Legend
No surprise that visiting players such as Jennings put up great 2nd half shows when they play at the Garden.The NBA should just get rid of the Knicks and use MSG as an arena for out of town teams to play each other.

The Bucks ran a 10-man rotation (fresh legs) vs our 8-man rotation (tired legs) and beat us.

Chandler 39 minutes and Lee 40 minutes were both bone a... tired at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Gallo should not have played 35 minutes in this game shooting 2-6 fg and 2-6 ft WTF!
And we substituted players stupidly in the 2nd half.....Harrington, Duhorn, and Hughes should've entered the game together with 5 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. when the game was tied, not 1 minute left in the quarter.

Our coach should've been fired last season.

johnstarky

Rotation player
The Bucks ran a 10-man rotation (fresh legs) vs our 8-man rotation (tired legs) and beat us.

Chandler 39 minutes and Lee 40 minutes were both bone a... tired at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Gallo should not have played 35 minutes in this game shooting 2-6 fg and 2-6 ft WTF!
And we substituted players stupidly in the 2nd half.....Harrington, Duhorn, and Hughes should've entered the game together with 5 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. when the game was tied, not 1 minute left in the quarter.

Our coach should've been fired last season.

I seriously think that D'antoni is making this team lose on purpose.You can't go from being one of the best coaches in the western conference to being completely incoherent in just a matter of a couple of seasons.A year ago it was very unsafe for Knick fans to bash D'antoni because he was still new on the job.But now we are starting to realize that these losses aren't just about the Knicks being short handed on talent.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
What kind of bullshit offense is this with everyone going one-on-one? Everyone is going after their numbers and this is not a team anymore. D'antoni gets an F so far this season, I just can't stand him anymore. No Milicic, Curry, Hill, or Douglas as part of a steady rotation? I just can't root for players like Jeffries, Harrington, Hughes, Duhon. I want to see the younger players play, their development is more important than winning 35 games. I prefer to win much less but knowing that the players under contract after this season are getting the proper time and training.

Have you noticed the faces that our coach does when Hill makes a turnover or misses a layup? D'antoni has no patience with this kid and he's regressing do that. Duhon can miss 30 straight shots and d'antoni's face never changes, is he one of the sluts that Duhon beats late at night?

petescud

Starter
Hey Guys. Haven't replied here in ages, but WTF is happening. How are we losing to these crap teams....How do you beat Atlanta several times and lose to The Nets, TWolves, Bucks, Toronto while we are home....What's going on beside the coach not being the right guy for our team....I'm pisssed off...sorry

Kiyaman

Legend
What piss me off is all the sports announcers are giving Damntoni a B for effort and the Knick players a F (for being aghausted in the 4th qtr.).

Our bench (Duhon, Hughes, and Harrington) started the 2nd quarter and out-played the Bucks at every facet of the game, imagine if they had Jordan Hills strong rebounding, shotblocking, and 6 fouls to defend the paint area.

Damntoni putting only 3 bench players in the game with 1 minute left in the 3rd qtr. while every player in the starting 5 lineup was so damn tired from playing the entire 3rd qtr. they could only walk up & down the court, which was how the Bucks was able to score 7 unanswered points in the last 3 minutes of the 3rd qtr. for a 9 point lead to start the 4th.

We only had 3-players with fresh legs to start the 4th quarter on the court, the other two players needed wheel chairs, but they was able to bring the Bucks lead to 6 points off of a Gallo and Harrington 3-pointer.
Damntoni was clueless on what to do from there.

How about throwing Toney Douglas defense on Jennings, Hughes on Stackhouse, Hill on llyasova & Delfino, and Harrington & Duhon keep slashing to the hoop at the start of the 4th quarter.
The Bucks played 11 players against us....someone tell Damntoni he is allowed to play more than 6 or 8 players a game....we dont have no Super-Star or All-Star players on this team u can play 35 and 40 minutes per game.
Stupid AAAA SSSS SSSS Head Coach!!!

the portable man

Benchwarmer
even tho this was a decent game, theres nothing to hope for this season

the knicks let a rookie get the best of them

in this case they HAD to shut him down to make up for not drafting him, at least redeem some honor

it's too bad robinson didn't shoot well, it's just unlucky he didn't hit some great looks, but overall as u can see it was a competitive game

bucks are good team if u haven't been watching, knicks rarely beat them anyway

team is more versatile with robinson in the lineup now, so just maybe things will improve from here on

ANU

Starter
How many more years does D'antoni have on his contract after this season? I'm not blaming all of the Knicks woes on him but he clearly isn't the right coach for this team.
i think it was a four year 24 million dollar deal in 08.so he's got 2 seasons left.more of this next year(which will be the most likely scenario)and he's a goner.get me jeff van gundy.

clumsy

Rotation player
The more i watch games the more i'm agreeing with Kiyaman about Mike D'antoni....

He's stubborn, and not a good game manager. Not good qualities for bossman.

Look at Phil Jackson...he's ready to call out his players manhood when he realizes they are soft....or ready to get players the f outta there if they suck like Smush Parker and Kwame Brown.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The more i watch games the more i'm agreeing with Kiyaman about Mike D'antoni....

He's stubborn, and not a good game manager. Not good qualities for bossman.

Look at Phil Jackson...he's ready to call out his players manhood when he realizes they are soft....or ready to get players the f outta there if they suck like Smush Parker and Kwame Brown.

d'antoni is weak and soft. He doesn't have the balls to confront the players face to face. He only has the vagina to put them on the bench and not let them know what's going on.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
i think it was a four year 24 million dollar deal in 08.so he's got 2 seasons left.more of this next year(which will be the most likely scenario)and he's a goner.get me jeff van gundy.

I believe he will be let go by the end of next season. Walsh is using him as a transitional coach. Kind of like the same way doug collins was used in chicago before phil jackson came through.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm so glad people are finally seeing how subpar a coach Danphony is. You can check my past posts, I've been saying this all along. I watch all the knicks games and its obvious he has trouble coaching a team without a PG like Nash to make decisions. i.e. Nash was the reason why the Suns were great, not Damntoni.

Watching a coach like JVG for years and now seeing Dantoni makes you realize just how overrated a coach he is. He has no clue how to consistently put his team in a position to win. Good coached know how to maximize the talent they have in order to finish quarters strong and substitute based on how the other team is currently playing. When Jennings was taking over the game he should have thought about bringing Hill in to slow down some of the layups. You have a 6'10" young player on the bench full of energy and don't utilize him until its too late. smh

Great job Dantoni!!!!!! Passing on Mark Jackson was dumb.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow, didn't see the game just the highlights, but scathing criticism here. I did see the Jennings post-game interview. That's crazy we needed a point guard, passed on Jennings, then he talks junk as it comes back to bite us. I especially liked his layup in the Cocks face as the Cock flopped like he was playing soccer. Earth to Cock, its tough to sell that against a player half your size.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
D'antoni has a sub-par team. Let's face it the talent on this team is poor. We have BUDDING stardom (at least in our minds) but at this moment we arent even an average team. If D'antoni fails to do good next year when we should have more talent, then I'll agree with all your critcisms. But right now I gotta say being 19-30 with this roster is quite impressive.

Lee is good, everyone else is average or bad this year. We had some idiots pronouncing that we'd go 45-37. We had NO expectations for the most part, most analysts had us worse than everyone but the Nets. I'm not giving up on the playoffs just yet, but guys come on 19-30 with a bunch of has-beens, hopefully will-bes, garbage, and one good player isnt bad at all.

2009-2010 Knicks

Lee-Good player this year, hopefully improves his defense over the offseason so he can elevate to being great.

Jeffries-Average player overall, good defense, bad offense.

Gallo-My favorite Knick, i suck up to the Cock as much as anyone on this site, but this is essentially his rookie year, atm hes an average player with superstar potential (at least in my mind)

Chandler-Average player whose starting to understand how to be good in this league.

DuDonkey- Garbage: Awful, awful player. How any coach can win with him is beyond me.

Hughes-Has-been, had one good year, hes average sometimes and below average other times

Harrington- Has been, really good sometimes, really bad other times

Nate- combo guard, nothing trully special plenty of them in the league

Hill-Very below average player right now, hes very raw, we knicks fan are praying he becomes good/great in the near future

Douglass-Below average sometimes average others, still only a rookie, has potential.

Bender-He can be ok on his good nights, but hes still raw.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that roster, do you really think that scares anyone? Lee didnt scare ANYONE like he does now before D'antoni came and helped turn him into the human double double. Gallo is still developing, he is only scaring other players when hes behind the arc. Will is still developing, doesnt scare players yet. I mean would any coach want to be stuck with that? Oh wait a sec I forgot Eddy Curry...he makes this team golden....

I'm not a D'antoni cocksucker like JPZ, I know he makes mistakes, but to completely hate on him is unwarrented. If he fails next year, then I'll man up and admit he was the wrong hire, but as of now I think hes close to maximizing very below average talent overall. The Nets have an overall better roster than us and look at their record...

But next year I think Gallo will upgrade from being average to good/great, Will should get better (hopefully develop a better outside shot). Hill should get better. And hopefully pick up some good free agents, or Lebron and that would be a contending roster.

Paul1355

All Star
Horrible game.

Gallo sucks right now. I dont understand his hesitation every time on offense.

He fakes out a player on a pump fake and then does a jump pass like he is Pete Maravich....who does Gallo think he is????

Gallo has honestly sucked.

Duhon sucks

Jeffries sucks

and yet they are all in the starting lineup....Me and MIke D have nothing in common when it comes to spotting talent.

CoolClyde

doof-fence!

wasn't it a couple weeks ago Girafferies was being nominated for defensive player of the year? is flopping really what spells defense? the Giraffe is constantly stepping away from the man with the ball, and is frequently lost in the paint, NOT defending easy layups. This is quite the opposite of great defensive teams (Cleve, SanAntone, Boston, Orlando), who swarm the paint. Between DLEE's one-hand-up defense, and the Giraffe's LACK, no wonder guys like Jennings breeze on thru for layups. Defense needs to be taught, it is not just playing hard that determines defensive proficiency. But after a couple weeks of playing hard with a short rotation, this team is back to poor Dee, and hardly any ball movement on offense. How does a team go from one end of the spectrum to the other, with the same players? The answer: celebrity coach Mike No-D'amntoni.

Most winning teams in this league play minimum 9-10 players each game.
D'amntoni treats the regular season like pre-season, trying to find who his best players are, and running them ragged in short rotation. This worked for a limited period, until reality set in. For weak animals like Girafferies and Duhound, they cannot be proficient for major minutes. Same with a DLEE, the man is winded in 4th quarter.

Not using Hill, Hughes, Douglas, Darko, and a full month of N8 in the doghouse, you can chalk up to poor coaching of Mike D'amntoni!

Instead of working with players on fundamentals, he tells them to go out and play hard, like telling N8 to go out there and be yourself. Where are the f*cking plays? where's the swarming dee?

Back to this sh*t game... althought N8 was not an ideal PG, he had no TO's, and only shot 1 three-pointer all game... he needs time to get his confidence up and take over Duhound's minutes. I hope D'amnfool gives it to him. Duhound actually produced off the bench, let's keep it that way.

Between the 2 G's (Gallo and Girafferies), they logged 62 minutes, scoring 13 points (7 and 6, dis-respectively), with 1 assist. LAME LAME LAME!
you can't blame N8 for this lack of offensive fortitude.
DLEE had one of the best games of his career 32 pts, 15 rebs, 3 dimes, so Duhound is NOT the one responsible for DLEE's stat rampage. He's just a beast, to say the least.

START N8, play Hill, Douglas and Hughes on a consistent basis and let's see what happens.