Energy! The #1 Excuse For Mike D

Paul1355

All Star
I have never heard of a coach talk about energy like Mike D'Anotni does. Any knick fan who has sat through all of these horrible loses will see a consistent pattern from MIke D....

1) He never understands why his team does not play hard and always blames it on energy.

2) He never even considers the fact that certain players on the team actually hurt us through long stretches....examples: Duhon all season, Jeffries all season, Gallo recently...and yet he still plays all of these guys that have done NOTHING and thinks they will come out of their funks.

3) He never gives any other players a chance...even when they do good, because eventually he will bench them and go back to his favorites everytime.

Everytime the knicks lose...EVERYTIME MIke D says its about energy.

Is this not the coach that stresses hard workouts from his team every practice???

The same coach who keeps saying that players will earn their spots by their performance???

How many players on this team have failed so many times and yet he keeps other players benched??

MIke D has no answer for us. We all know what the problems are. BAD PLAYERS ARE PLAYING OVER GOOD PLAYERS and Mike D has his favorites just like any political coach in a sport.

How many times can Knicks fans boo thier own players at MSG!

I know this is a rant but it has gone too far.

He uses energy as an excuse for everything and never blames poor defense on certain players.

Thoughts???

robert56

Benchwarmer
The team has no energy because he plays them too long, not splitting the minutes up properly. He should be playing some of the other players a bit more, or play the guys he has benched all season to give the starters some much needed rest.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I have never heard of a coach talk about energy like Mike D'Anotni does. Any knick fan who has sat through all of these horrible loses will see a consistent pattern from MIke D....

1) He never understands why his team does not play hard and always blames it on energy.

2) He never even considers the fact that certain players on the team actually hurt us through long stretches....examples: Duhon all season, Jeffries all season, Gallo recently...and yet he still plays all of these guys that have done NOTHING and thinks they will come out of their funks.

3) He never gives any other players a chance...even when they do good, because eventually he will bench them and go back to his favorites everytime.

Is this not the coach that stresses hard workouts from his team every practice???

The same coach who keeps saying that players will earn their spots by their performance???

How many players on this team have failed so many times and yet he keeps other players benched??

MIke D has no answer for us. We all know what the problems are. BAD PLAYERS ARE PLAYING OVER GOOD PLAYERS and Mike D has his favorites just like any political coach in a sport.

He uses energy as an excuse for everything and never blames poor defense on certain players.

Thoughts???

Remember, we dont have morning practices for home games. YOu could point to that as well...

Mike is just used ot having talent around him. Back in Phoenix all their draft picks were traded away or not used. He needs to understand he cant roll that way. Do you know how beast Nash would have looked passing to Luol Deng and Rudy Fernandez?

He needs to realize that this isn't Phoenix and things have to work differently around here in order to succeed.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It should be no surprise that a coach that drafted his godson as a lottery pick plays his favorites.

Any coach that is playing with the SSOL philosophy should be going at least ten deep on the bench to keep the team "energy" up.

You really find out good coach is with a mediocre lineup like this. Its easy to second guess, but when you are talent challanged like this team, all flaws become magnified.

Kiyaman

Legend
At this moment, the only good player we have is David Lee. That's why we suck.

Every player in the NBA has his own individual talent waiting for a coach or teammate to pull it out of him. The Knicks roster is full of talent it may not be super-star, all-star, or star talent, but we do have proffesional talent players to fit the bill.

Players David Lee, Frye, Nate, and 2nd season Ariza showed unbelievable talent as the Knicks starting 5 lineup in the 2005 summer league games.
Coach Herb Williams would take-out all of the starting 5 lineup and let oponents take their lead up to 10 to 20 points at times before he put in his starting 5 players to win the game.
This same starting-5 lineup coach Larry Brown use to beat Phoenix and take the Pistons to an overtime Knick win in the 2005-6 season. In both games the Knicks were losing bad at the start of the 4th qtr.. before Larry Brown gave up and put in all the reserves on the bench.

To have talent and not use it....like Isiah & Dantoni (favoritism)....is an offensive crime that deserve to be FIRED without a notice... but it was in the memo they did'nt receive.

Kiyaman

Legend
It should be no surprise that a coach that drafted his godson as a lottery pick plays his favorites.

Any coach that is playing with the SSOL philosophy should be going at least ten deep on the bench to keep the team "energy" up.

You really find out good coach is with a mediocre lineup like this. Its easy to second guess, but when you are talent challanged like this team, all flaws become magnified.

Any mediocre roster with a decent coach (Rick Carlisle on Detroit Pistons 2001 to 2004) could put together a decent .400 to .500 team using 9 to 11 of the players on his roster consistently. Coach Rick Carlisle started 6.10 C-Cliff Robinson throughout his tour with the Pistons however, Robinson only average 20 minutes per game as Carlisle's starter, so 6.9 Wallace, 7.0 Okur, and 6.9 Williamson could get good minutes in each game.
Thats 4 decent rebounding bigmen protecting the paint in Carlisle's rotation compared to Dantoni's one bigman rotation of just David Lee.

ANU

Starter
if no one gets dealt, i want a ten man rotation.
play the starters around the 30 minute mark a game and the subs 15+ minutes a game.

nate/douglas
chandler/hughes
al/jeffires
lee/gallinari
darko/hill

who knows, maybe we can sneak into the playoffs.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
if no one gets dealt, i want a ten man rotation.
play the starters around the 30 minute mark a game and the subs 15+ minutes a game.

nate/douglas
chandler/hughes
al/jeffires
lee/gallinari
darko/hill

who knows, maybe we can sneak into the playoffs.

Clyde doesn't like the eight man rotation. Just called D'antoni out on it during the postgame. I don't mind your idea, I just don't want Darko playing.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
the guy is getting paid, might as well play him a couple minutes here and there.

Well the season is close to being lost, so who knows. Darko always looks so lost whenever he was out in the beginning of the season. I'd rather give all those extra minutes to Hill. I want Hill to develop, get him some playing time. He did a really nice job against the Cavs. Played decent D on Bron Bron, and he had a flashy dunk and a couple nice hooks. Gallo, Hill, Chandler and Douglas all need to see good playing time, whether its to get them ready for next season or use one as a sweetner in a deal in the offseason (Chandler or Douglas).

robert56

Benchwarmer
I agree with you there, Darko is getting paid so play him. He is a pretty good defensive player and he has some good offensive plays too, but I would rather him play defense and not worry about scoring.

robert56

Benchwarmer
Darko might looks lost but he really isn't. In reality he has a good basketball IQ, it is just that when ever he would screw up Larry would pull him out and yell at him, so he learned to keep looking over at the bench to see if the coach was going to pull him instead of just playing the game.

tiger0330

Legend
And what happened to "developing the young guys" as a reason for not signing AI. Or his pipe dream "the NY fans will enjoy making the playoffs" predictions. I can see why he wore out his welcome in Phoenix, he doesn't act or sound like an upper echelon head coach.

Sage

Rotation player

Exactly, the players are being burned out with the 6 or 7 man rotation, especially with the SSOL offense.

This may just be my nostalgic side talking, but I'd much rather see a half court offense where the ball movement does the work, and more "energy" put on the defensive effort. A defense that handles your transition points and a simple half court game I think would work when you don't have much in the way of talent.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Thoughts???

Every player in the NBA has his own individual talent waiting for a coach or teammate to pull it out of him. The Knicks roster is full of talent it may not be super-star, all-star, or star talent, but we do have proffesional talent players to fit the bill.

Players David Lee, Frye, Nate, and 2nd season Ariza showed unbelievable talent as the Knicks starting 5 lineup in the 2005 summer league games.
Coach Herb Williams would take-out all of the starting 5 lineup and let oponents take their lead up to 10 to 20 points at times before he put in his starting 5 players to win the game.
This same starting-5 lineup coach Larry Brown use to beat Phoenix and take the Pistons to an overtime Knick win in the 2005-6 season. In both games the Knicks were losing bad at the start of the 4th qtr.. before Larry Brown gave up and put in all the reserves on the bench.

To have talent and not use it....like Isiah & Dantoni (favoritism)....is an offensive crime that deserve to be FIRED without a notice... but it was in the memo they did'nt receive.

Great posts

Dyke Manphony continues to use favoritism in his starting lineups.

Duhomo and Jeffries shouldn't even be in the Knicks' rotation.

Gallinari continues to start, despite his shooting slump, over the last 3 weeks.

Walsh isn't even the GM. D'Antoni is the one pulling the strings. Walsh needs a backbone, and he needs to the get the fu(k out of New York.

CoolClyde

Duhound Needs An Energy Bar

Captain Duhound aka Asst Coach Duhound, is the least-energized player in the NBA. His slothful play never enabled the SSOL to develop, so D'amntoni curtailed the offense to suit the hound. He barely makes it across the halfcourt line in time, he is NOT a leader! This is why the Knicks suck, Captain Duhound leads the way!

I remember seeing a Knicks practice game on TV, where Duhound's team won the 2nd of 2 games, and the hound was proclaiming to N8: "who won the last game? the last game is the one that counts, ahhhh haaaa," or something lame of that nature.

That is not the attitude of a Captain. That is a self-absorbed pr*ck.
I hate the hound and I hate D'amntoni for playing the hound, starting the hound, and promoting the hound to quasi-assistant coach.

The fact that the Knicks don't have anyone else, according to D'amnfool, is the fault of Prez Walsh and superstar coach for not drafting a PG, not trading for a PG, for not giving Douglas minutes, and not giving N8 a chance. N8 has the energy needed to propel this team, but D'amnshithead keeps playing the hound, with N8, without N8.

YOU AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A DOG, HOUND! D'AMMIT!