View Poll Results: Who on the Knicks should start at point guard?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toney Douglas

    4 30.77%
  • Larry Hughes

    3 23.08%
  • Nate Robinson

    4 30.77%
  • Chris Duhon

    0 0%
  • Jared Jeffries

    0 0%
  • Danilo Gallinari

    1 7.69%
  • None of the above

    1 7.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: New York Knicks vs. Sacramento Kings Game Thread 2/9/2010

  1. #16
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by WNY_Knickfan
    Anyone remember quickly snapping up Jason Williams off waivers to presumably be our backup pg or at least part of a trade? Well after letting that go for nothing he is serving as a productive guard off the bench for a top team at Orlando while I watch Duhon. My hatred is so off the charts at this point, I used to want to use him as a 10-15 minute backup guard that is basically not allowed to shoot. I've downgraded to never want to see him in a Knick uni again, too bad I don't have a prayer of that. Proposed trade:

    Chris Duhon and future considerations including but not limited to some nice autographed paraphanalia from Walt "Clyde" Frazier
    to China for
    Stephon Marbury's backup whomever that may be
    If it werent for the Clyde autographs the Chinese wouldn't accept that deal

  2. #17
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    The Big **** gets injured and we collapse.... Our best clutch shooter had to sit on the bench while we fans screamed in horror as Chris DUDONKEY and Jared GIRAFERIES tried to be the hero.WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??????????????? I'm going to murder DuDonkey one of these days. Chandler had the hot hand he should have demanded the ball! How can you let Giraffe and Donkey take the final shots??? It's like we want to lose now, just a horrible game. I'm disgusted, and I haven't hated DuDonkey this bad ever (and I already hated him a lot). Where's Rubio? Augustin? SOMEONE?????????????????????????????????????? Just get DuDonkey out of a Knicks jersey PLEASE
    You would think think that the Duhon signing was an Isiah Thomas move.

    I can't see what Walsh and D'antoni saw in this bum when they signed him.

    Did they know that he was this garbage and made this move just to show Stephon Marbury that he could be easily replaced with the worst PG in the NBA?

    Why must the Knicks take on every toxic waste of the Chicago Bulls?

    First they do the Bulls a favor by taking on Eddy Curry and his ridiculous contract and then they go ahead and sign the Bulls former back up PG and make him their franchise player.

    I call him their franchise player because he is loved by Mike D'antoni and the Knicks franchise.

    He could probably sleep with D'antoni's wife and would still be put in the starting lineup by D'antoni himself.

    The guy could do no wrong in the eyes of Mike D'antoni.

    Chris Duhon needs to pack his bags immediately.If I were Knicks GM I would buy out his contract and tell him to stay home.That's how much I want the guy off this team.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Feb 09, 2010 at 23:00.

  3. #18
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    By the way, would anyone else rather see us lose with Douglas at the point as long as we're gonna lose anyhow? Maybe he develops and shows us something, maybe he stinks up the place (can't be worse than Duhon) but either way we learn something, there's nothing left to learn about the putridness of Duhon. Although I still think Hughes and Nate as a backcourt works based on the limited options we have, I'm not huge on Hughes but him and Nate's strengths work well to offset the opposites weaknesses. Hughes can run the team and guard the bigger guard, Nate obviously more of a shooting guard, idk, all I know is Duhon can't shoot, despite numerous reports to make him sound worthy of the captaincy he isn't a very good defender, and he gets a decent amount of assists, but almost any true pg in the league could get as many assists or more easily on this team. Hell someone that can get to the rim and finish (Evans tonight lol) could easily get 5-6 assists a night just on driving til D commits then dishing to David Lee. FML

  4. #19
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    If it werent for the Clyde autographs the Chinese wouldn't accept that deal
    Hahahahahaha I love it

  5. #20
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    [SIZE="4"]
    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    You would think think that the Duhon signing was an Isiah Thomas move.

    I can't see what Walsh and D'antoni saw in this bum when they signed him.

    Did they know that he was this garbage and made this move just to show Stephon Marbury that he could be easily replaced with the worst PG in the NBA?

    Why must the Knicks take on every toxic waste of the Chicago Bulls?

    First they do the Bulls a favor by taking on Eddie Curry and his ridiculous contract and then they go ahead and sign the Bulls former back up PG and make him their franchise player.

    I call him their franchise player because he is loved by Mike D'antoni and the Knicks franchise.

    He could probably sleep with D'antoni's wife and would still be put in the starting lineup by D'antoni himself.

    The guy could do no wrong in the eyes of Mike D'antoni.

    Chris Duhon needs to pack his bags immediately,if I were Knick GM I would buy out his contract and tell him to stay home.That's how much I want the guy off this team.
    great post...Duhon has failed in every way and thensome.

    This game was just as bad as when he played at Milwaukee and had that game wee he passed to Harrington's back when he wasn't even looking at him.

    Duhon, Jeffries, and recently Gallo have been an EMBARRISMENT complete utter stupidity on all levels and no hustle or skill is possessed by these players.

    Mike D is the head of this circus. Mark Jackson would never allow this atrocious defense. Just think knick fans. Mike D is getting paid 4-6 million for the next 3 years...and he still has no clue why his team is losing.

    START DIFFERENT PLAYERS!

  6. #21
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    NY is 19-32 and we stick with Duhon, because we're told he's the only one who can run D'ant's offense. HEY MIKE, your offense isn't that special anyway. Chucking up a 3 -pointer within 5 seconds of crossing halfcourt and that difficult.

    Let the kids play, or let the vets play street ball. Duhon should be benched. We can lose having the offense run like a chicken w/out a head, just as easily as we can lose with Duhon leading the way.

    Walsh better pray we land LJ or something.... b/c he'll be forever tainted if he sold the city this crap faith the last 2 years and then fail to deliver. It'll be worse than the IT era.

  7. #22
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    This is one of the worst losses I can remember. As a Knicks fan, I am embarrassed by the lack of effort, the sloppy play, the just overall horrible.

    They had this game, up 12 7 minutes left. And then Tyreke Evans looked like he was running layup drills all over the place.

    The hate for Jefferies, though, I believe is misplaced. Say what you want about him, but I feel like the guy does give effort. He's not the best player in the world, but on the defensive end, when he isn't hurt, he plays smart. He doesn't really make stupid plays, and he came in hurt tonight.

    The loss falls on Mike D. Nate and Duhon weren't getting the job done, the team was just playing sloppy. Then you throw an injured Jefferies on a guy that has been burning everyone on the floor. Guess what? You have a defensive PG on the team, he wears #23 and his name is Toney Douglas. Nate couldn't stop Evans. Duhon couldn't stop Evans. Jefferies (who you normally get to do this sort of work) was hurt. Put in Douglas. I understand he was cold, but then that's all the more reason to get this guy minutes.

    Look, Duhon is not playing well right now. I don't know what that play call was at the end, but Duhon has to make a better play there (and someone has to make a cut, in fairness). Nate is not a true PG, no matter how much some people here want to go down that route. GIVE TONEY DOUGLAS A TRY FOR CHRISTS SAKE! He can't be worse than Duhon's recent play.

    As for Gallo, Paul I hear your complaints. He has been embarrassing lately. I think he might be hurt, or it might be the wear of an 82 game season getting to him. Remember, this guy didn't play really at all last year. I don't know what the season is like in Europe, but I bet the NBA is more demanding. It's something that will come with time, his body needs to adjust still. I have faith in Gallo.

    Also, people are jumping to conclusions that we will sign Duhon. I really don't think this is the case, and Donnie certainly won't forego signing a max player to get Duhon back. I understand what you guys are saying, that they see him as a franchise player. I don't think that they do. My only explanation is this team (as in those on the roster) might think they have a better chance to win when Duhon runs the point.

    I know guys, it's hard to be a fan right now. It seems like Walsh is doing nothing...But we have suffered through worse (Isiah). Isiah made trades just to make trades, we tried that way. If Walsh can't make a move that makes sense, then for goodness sake don't make it. I know, it's a hard pill to swallow, but sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to. Sometimes the best move is to make no move. If we miss out on LeBron and other big free agents, yes that will be ****ty. Yes, it will be another year of suffering. But it will also be a year closer to hopefully rebuilding this team through the draft (if that's what needs to be done).

    Sometimes things need to get really bad (or seem really bad) before it gets better. And when they are bad, it seems like it will never end. But we can do it. Look at the Thunder, a team that was in dire straights only a few years ago that made the right picks and now has a team on the rise. It can be done. It will be done. If you are here, on this board, you have an insane dedication that band-wagon jumpers just won't understand. Call me crazy, say I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but at the end of the day, believe. I know this team can pull out of it, one of these days.

  8. #23
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    This is one of the worst losses I can remember. As a Knicks fan, I am embarrassed by the lack of effort, the sloppy play, the just overall horrible.

    They had this game, up 12 7 minutes left. And then Tyreke Evans looked like he was running layup drills all over the place.

    The hate for Jefferies, though, I believe is misplaced. Say what you want about him, but I feel like the guy does give effort. He's not the best player in the world, but on the defensive end, when he isn't hurt, he plays smart. He doesn't really make stupid plays, and he came in hurt tonight.

    The loss falls on Mike D. Nate and Duhon weren't getting the job done, the team was just playing sloppy. Then you throw an injured Jefferies on a guy that has been burning everyone on the floor. Guess what? You have a defensive PG on the team, he wears #23 and his name is Toney Douglas. Nate couldn't stop Evans. Duhon couldn't stop Evans. Jefferies (who you normally get to do this sort of work) was hurt. Put in Douglas. I understand he was cold, but then that's all the more reason to get this guy minutes.

    Look, Duhon is not playing well right now. I don't know what that play call was at the end, but Duhon has to make a better play there (and someone has to make a cut, in fairness). Nate is not a true PG, no matter how much some people here want to go down that route. GIVE TONEY DOUGLAS A TRY FOR CHRISTS SAKE! He can't be worse than Duhon's recent play.

    As for Gallo, Paul I hear your complaints. He has been embarrassing lately. I think he might be hurt, or it might be the wear of an 82 game season getting to him. Remember, this guy didn't play really at all last year. I don't know what the season is like in Europe, but I bet the NBA is more demanding. It's something that will come with time, his body needs to adjust still. I have faith in Gallo.

    Also, people are jumping to conclusions that we will sign Duhon. I really don't think this is the case, and Donnie certainly won't forego signing a max player to get Duhon back. I understand what you guys are saying, that they see him as a franchise player. I don't think that they do. My only explanation is this team (as in those on the roster) might think they have a better chance to win when Duhon runs the point.

    I know guys, it's hard to be a fan right now. It seems like Walsh is doing nothing...But we have suffered through worse (Isiah). Isiah made trades just to make trades, we tried that way. If Walsh can't make a move that makes sense, then for goodness sake don't make it. I know, it's a hard pill to swallow, but sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to. Sometimes the best move is to make no move. If we miss out on LeBron and other big free agents, yes that will be ****ty. Yes, it will be another year of suffering. But it will also be a year closer to hopefully rebuilding this team through the draft (if that's what needs to be done).

    Sometimes things need to get really bad (or seem really bad) before it gets better. And when they are bad, it seems like it will never end. But we can do it. Look at the Thunder, a team that was in dire straights only a few years ago that made the right picks and now has a team on the rise. It can be done. It will be done. If you are here, on this board, you have an insane dedication that band-wagon jumpers just won't understand. Call me crazy, say I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but at the end of the day, believe. I know this team can pull out of it, one of these days.
    Here's the deal though.... BOTTLE THIS ANGER, b/c Walsh deserves a beheading if he fails to deliver this summer. We were sold this crap b/c of a false faith.... I mean, if Walsh brings in a star.... Then this was worthwhile, but he shouldn't be forgiven if he fails to bring in a stud.

    What's plan-B?

    The Walsh era will be worse than IT's if this summer passes and we're left with this crap.

    AS FOR CHRIS DUHON.... the dude is shooting under 20 percent in 2010.... and he decides to dribble out the clock and chuck a 3? Not to mention he just misses a 3 prior to that, was also 0-5 on the night from 3.... And he shoots an airball? If that doesn't get you benched, what will?

  9. #24
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    people complain about gallinari, but the air got sucked out this team when he hurt his elbow.this team is straight ass.

  10. #25
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    [size="4"]

    great post...Duhon has failed in every way and thensome.

    This game was just as bad as when he played at Milwaukee and had that game wee he passed to Harrington's back when he wasn't even looking at him.

    Duhon, Jeffries, and recently Gallo have been an EMBARRISMENT complete utter stupidity on all levels and no hustle or skill is possessed by these players.

    Mike D is the head of this circus. Mark Jackson would never allow this atrocious defense. Just think knick fans. Mike D is getting paid 4-6 million for the next 3 years...and he still has no clue why his team is losing.

    START DIFFERENT PLAYERS!
    The Knicks are not a basketball team, they're just a group of individuals who are talented enough to play in the NBA but lack the IQ's to compete on a nightly basis.

  11. #26
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Here's the deal though.... BOTTLE THIS ANGER, b/c Walsh deserves a beheading if he fails to deliver this summer. We were sold this crap b/c of a false faith.... I mean, if Walsh brings in a star.... Then this was worthwhile, but he shouldn't be forgiven if he fails to bring in a stud.

    What's plan-B?

    The Walsh era will be worse than IT's if this summer passes and we're left with this crap.

    AS FOR CHRIS DUHON.... the dude is shooting under 20 percent in 2010.... and he decides to dribble out the clock and chuck a 3? Not to mention he just misses a 3 prior to that, was also 0-5 on the night from 3.... And he shoots an airball? If that doesn't get you benched, what will?
    I guarantee you that Duhon will be benched for a few games, have one decent game and then start again....Mike D is obsessed that Duhon will be the same Duhon from the first half of last year...it will never happen...he isnot playing the same, never drives towards the hoops or draw fouls anymore...he is a different player this year, a horrible one in fact.

    Mike D benching Duhon and then starting him after one decent game is a consistent pattern...watch for it because it will happen. It doesn't matter if Nate or Douglas have amazing games, if Duhon comes off the bench and plays decent, he will start next game. Its sad.

  12. #27
    Lurker KurtThomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What a pathetic loss. They blow a 15-point 4th quarter lead at home against the freaking Kings. What makes it sad is that I'm not even the least bit surprised. Oh and Jeffries chucking up that 3 in overtime will be in my nightmares tonight.

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by KurtThomas
    What a pathetic loss. They blow a 15-point 4th quarter lead at home against the freaking Kings. What makes it sad is that I'm not even the least bit surprised. Oh and Jeffries chucking up that 3 in overtime will be in my nightmares tonight.
    Another easy Knick win turned into a Knick overtime loss by headcoach Dantoni's 7-man rotation.
    Dantoni actually played 8 players (Hill 6 minutes in this game) but the game went into an overtime game vs the weak...ss Kings who played 11 players for the win.
    It sure would've been nice to see Toney Douglas vs Evans for a few minutes in this game.

    The Kings had a rookie inbound the ball at the most crucial moment in regulation which was the deciding factor of a Kings win or overtime. The game went to overtime ............. a rookie inbounding the ball in crunchtime mean the team wants a loss

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,808
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    we lost?? holy ****... i turned the game off with 7mins left, we were up double digits... read where ugly took a late 3 pointer... did he at least hit the rim...

  15. #30
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Evans is nice....all i have to say about the game.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 104
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 20:55
  2. New York Knicks vs Seattle Sonics Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2008, 16:20
  3. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 17:29
  4. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2007, 09:58
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 24, 2006, 17:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •