Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107

Thread: Knicks discuss deal for Mcgrady

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Knicks discuss deal for Mcgrady

    The Knicks are going nowhere without some help. I'd make him the PG or a point forward and let him run the offense. Jeffries has to be the other player in this scenario and maybe a draft pick to the Wiz. Cap space has to be the top priority for Walsh to pull the trigger on this trade.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

    The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington to the Wizards. For the Wizards’ part, they would still need another player, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workable scenario, sources said.

    Other players and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal to come together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

    The Rockets have been peddling McGrady’s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December.

  2. #2
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Why not shave Eddy Curry's head, put an orange head band and a really tight girdle on him,send him to Houston and trick the Rockets into thinking that he is Al Harrington?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Why not shave Eddy Curry's head, put an orange head band and a really tight girdle on him,send him to Houston and trick the Rockets into thinking that he is Al Harrington?
    lol Forget it, we couldn't trade Curry to China in a deal.

  4. #4
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I do not get what this deal would do for us now! We are 5 1/2 games out of the playoffs, unless we trade Jefferies in this deal, what is the point?

    Tracy McGrady will give us the same exact thing as Al Harrington, while bumping either Danillo or Wilson out of the starting 5 -unless T-Mac comes of the bench-.

    Its not like we want his bird rights, because frankly we cant afford them! T Mac will come to NY trying to earn himself a Max Contract this summer and the Knicks will suffer as a result


    If The Knicks really want him, let him sit out the rest of this season and snag him for a one year 4-6 million deal this summer......I dont think he will get a better offer having only played like 10 games in the past year!

  5. #5
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I got an idea
    Chris Duhon, Jared Jeffries, and Darko Milicic, Mike D'Antoni
    for
    Tracy McGrady and Rick Adelman
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #6
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    David Lee + Eddy Curry -> McGrady

    or

    David Lee + Harrington + Jeffries -> McGrady

    Lee, Harrington, Mcgrady are free agents at the end of this year so all of them have equal value to us. If this is the best way to get rid of Curry or Jeffries without giving up anything of value in 2010/2011 season, we have to jump on it.

  7. #7
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    I do not get what this deal would do for us now! We are 5 1/2 games out of the playoffs, unless we trade Jefferies in this deal, what is the point?

    Tracy McGrady will give us the same exact thing as Al Harrington, while bumping either Danillo or Wilson out of the starting 5 -unless T-Mac comes of the bench-.

    Its not like we want his bird rights, because frankly we cant afford them! T Mac will come to NY trying to earn himself a Max Contract this summer and the Knicks will suffer as a result


    If The Knicks really want him, let him sit out the rest of this season and snag him for a one year 4-6 million deal this summer......I dont think he will get a better offer having only played like 10 games in the past year!
    Agreed. If Jeffries is not included, this deal is pointless.

    If Donnie does this without moving Jeffries, it is simply a desperation move. Sometimes I think Donnie is more concerned with making the playoffs this year than he is about the 2010 plan.

  8. #8
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    David Lee + Eddy Curry -> McGrady

    or

    David Lee + Harrington + Jeffries -> McGrady

    Lee, Harrington, Mcgrady are free agents at the end of this year so all of them have equal value to us. If this is the best way to get rid of Curry or Jeffries without giving up anything of value in 2010/2011 season, we have to jump on it.
    Lee + Curry + 2010 2nd round pick to Dallas for Josh Howard + Drew Gooden.

    This trade would work and Dallas would probably go for it. They are desperate to make a change right now.

    Let's face it. Lee is not going to be here next year. We might as well get something in return.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    am i the only one on this board who still thinks curry will come back and be dominant next year???

  10. #10
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    am i the only one on this board who still thinks curry will come back and be dominant next year???

    I am pretty sure you are good sir!

    Look Jermaine O'neal was a much better player than Curry and has a much stronger work ethic and he has not returned to form and he has 1. missed fewer games than Curry over the past two seasons and 2. he is playing with a Mega Star who would push him to be his best.....point being if he cant do it, no way Curry can!

    Sorry to burst your bubble
    Last edited by New New York; Feb 10, 2010 at 10:19.

  11. #11
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    am i the only one on this board who still thinks curry will come back and be dominant next year???
    Yup. I think he is in the CBA next year and then ultimately forced to retire in a few weeks after he gets buried on bench. Hope he his resume looks okay because his basketball career looks like its over

  12. #12
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    people said the same type of thing about Z-Bo... now he's an all star.

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    The Knicks are going nowhere without some help. I'd make him the PG or a point forward and let him run the offense. Jeffries has to be the other player in this scenario and maybe a draft pick to the Wiz. Cap space has to be the top priority for Walsh to pull the trigger on this trade.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

    The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington to the Wizards. For the Wizards’ part, they would still need another player, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workable scenario, sources said.

    Other players and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal to come together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

    The Rockets have been peddling McGrady’s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December.
    I dont think Mcgrady can be any savior but atleast he can be our go-to-guy on offense and would be the most skilled player on this team. Get him. Al Harrington is inconsistent and chucks up too many shots, even though when he's hot he is deadly.

    Harrington makes 10 million and Mcgrady makes 23 mil so hows that going to work??

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Lee + Curry + 2010 2nd round pick to Dallas for Josh Howard + Drew Gooden.

    This trade would work and Dallas would probably go for it. They are desperate to make a change right now.

    Let's face it. Lee is not going to be here next year. We might as well get something in return.
    hahaha U gotta be on something man... What are u saying? Do u really think that they would give away 2 starters for a LOW LIFE like Curry, and for a bench player like LEE ???? AHAHAHHAH. Lee in Dallas would come off the bench because theres noway he is starting before Nowitzki. And as far as Center they have their own center they dont really need LEE to fill that position.

    NO other TEAM in NBA right now is not in a horrible position as the NY Knicks. We are in a bad shape not just roster wise and cap space problems, but also as an institution we are in bad shape.

    JAMES ****IN Dolan needs to sell this team before he ****s it up. James Dolan is the owner of NY KNICKS and MSG, while he doesnt even care about the team, only the money. I bet you Dolan doesnt even know the rules of basketball. We need an owner that loves this game and will love our team and who loves NYC. Like Mark Cuban?? U know someone like that.

    U know Dolan is gotta be strict for the team to be better. the players and the coaching staff gotta be scared of losing their jobs if they dont do their jobs. Here in NY they are not scared they just have fun.

    HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ORGANIZATION.

    WE NEED A NEW OWNER.

  15. #15
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    I do not get what this deal would do for us now! We are 5 1/2 games out of the playoffs, unless we trade Jefferies in this deal, what is the point?

    Tracy McGrady will give us the same exact thing as Al Harrington, while bumping either Danillo or Wilson out of the starting 5 -unless T-Mac comes of the bench-.

    Its not like we want his bird rights, because frankly we cant afford them! T Mac will come to NY trying to earn himself a Max Contract this summer and the Knicks will suffer as a result


    If The Knicks really want him, let him sit out the rest of this season and snag him for a one year 4-6 million deal this summer......I dont think he will get a better offer having only played like 10 games in the past year!
    Here is what this will do for us now:

    T-Mac gives us a little more than Harrington since he can play PG, SG or SF. Gallo needs to come off the bench right now until he gets his game together and Chandler will benefit from being inserted into his natural SF spot.

    T-Mac has a lot to prove and I see him opening a lot of eyes PLUS if he's back to form then we can re-sign him to a smaller contract and pair him with a max FA. We're not getting 2 max FAs so this is a potentially good scenerio. If healthy (which I believe he now is) he has a few good years left.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  2. I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2010, 17:15
  3. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 08:03
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2009, 17:07
  5. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •