Knicks discuss deal for Mcgrady

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks are going nowhere without some help. I'd make him the PG or a point forward and let him run the offense. Jeffries has to be the other player in this scenario and maybe a draft pick to the Wiz. Cap space has to be the top priority for Walsh to pull the trigger on this trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...g=ys-mcgradyrockets020910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington to the Wizards. For the Wizards? part, they would still need another player, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workable scenario, sources said.

Other players and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal to come together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

The Rockets have been peddling McGrady?s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Why not shave Eddy Curry's head, put an orange head band and a really tight girdle on him,send him to Houston and trick the Rockets into thinking that he is Al Harrington?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I do not get what this deal would do for us now! We are 5 1/2 games out of the playoffs, unless we trade Jefferies in this deal, what is the point?

Tracy McGrady will give us the same exact thing as Al Harrington, while bumping either Danillo or Wilson out of the starting 5 -unless T-Mac comes of the bench:rolleyes:-.

Its not like we want his bird rights, because frankly we cant afford them! T Mac will come to NY trying to earn himself a Max Contract this summer and the Knicks will suffer as a result

If The Knicks really want him, let him sit out the rest of this season and snag him for a one year 4-6 million deal this summer......I dont think he will get a better offer having only played like 10 games in the past year!

dave2138

Rotation player
David Lee + Eddy Curry -> McGrady

or

David Lee + Harrington + Jeffries -> McGrady

Lee, Harrington, Mcgrady are free agents at the end of this year so all of them have equal value to us. If this is the best way to get rid of Curry or Jeffries without giving up anything of value in 2010/2011 season, we have to jump on it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I do not get what this deal would do for us now! We are 5 1/2 games out of the playoffs, unless we trade Jefferies in this deal, what is the point?

Tracy McGrady will give us the same exact thing as Al Harrington, while bumping either Danillo or Wilson out of the starting 5 -unless T-Mac comes of the bench:rolleyes:-.

Its not like we want his bird rights, because frankly we cant afford them! T Mac will come to NY trying to earn himself a Max Contract this summer and the Knicks will suffer as a result

If The Knicks really want him, let him sit out the rest of this season and snag him for a one year 4-6 million deal this summer......I dont think he will get a better offer having only played like 10 games in the past year!

Agreed. If Jeffries is not included, this deal is pointless.

If Donnie does this without moving Jeffries, it is simply a desperation move. Sometimes I think Donnie is more concerned with making the playoffs this year than he is about the 2010 plan.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
David Lee + Eddy Curry -> McGrady

or

David Lee + Harrington + Jeffries -> McGrady

Lee, Harrington, Mcgrady are free agents at the end of this year so all of them have equal value to us. If this is the best way to get rid of Curry or Jeffries without giving up anything of value in 2010/2011 season, we have to jump on it.

Lee + Curry + 2010 2nd round pick to Dallas for Josh Howard + Drew Gooden.

This trade would work and Dallas would probably go for it. They are desperate to make a change right now.

Let's face it. Lee is not going to be here next year. We might as well get something in return.

New New York

Quiet Storm
am i the only one on this board who still thinks curry will come back and be dominant next year???

I am pretty sure you are good sir!

Look Jermaine O'neal was a much better player than Curry and has a much stronger work ethic and he has not returned to form and he has 1. missed fewer games than Curry over the past two seasons and 2. he is playing with a Mega Star who would push him to be his best.....point being if he cant do it, no way Curry can!

Sorry to burst your bubble

Last edited:

Starks

Starter
am i the only one on this board who still thinks curry will come back and be dominant next year???

Yup. I think he is in the CBA next year and then ultimately forced to retire in a few weeks after he gets buried on bench. Hope he his resume looks okay because his basketball career looks like its over

Paul1355

All Star
The Knicks are going nowhere without some help. I'd make him the PG or a point forward and let him run the offense. Jeffries has to be the other player in this scenario and maybe a draft pick to the Wiz. Cap space has to be the top priority for Walsh to pull the trigger on this trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...g=ys-mcgradyrockets020910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Houston Rockets are in the discussion stages of a complicated, three-team trade that would send Tracy McGrady(notes) to the New York Knicks, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The centerpieces of the trade would include the Washington Wizards shipping forward Caron Butler(notes) and center Brendan Haywood(notes) to the Rockets. The Knicks would send Al Harrington to the Wizards. For the Wizards? part, they would still need another player, as well as a draft pick and cash to make this a workable scenario, sources said.

Other players and contracts would still need to be agreed upon for a deal to come together, but there is a framework to the discussions.

The Rockets have been peddling McGrady?s expiring contract of $23 million since exiling him in late December.

I dont think Mcgrady can be any savior but atleast he can be our go-to-guy on offense and would be the most skilled player on this team. Get him. Al Harrington is inconsistent and chucks up too many shots, even though when he's hot he is deadly.

Harrington makes 10 million and Mcgrady makes 23 mil so hows that going to work??

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Lee + Curry + 2010 2nd round pick to Dallas for Josh Howard + Drew Gooden.

This trade would work and Dallas would probably go for it. They are desperate to make a change right now.

Let's face it. Lee is not going to be here next year. We might as well get something in return.

hahaha U gotta be on something man... What are u saying? Do u really think that they would give away 2 starters for a LOW LIFE like Curry, and for a bench player like LEE ???? AHAHAHHAH. Lee in Dallas would come off the bench because theres noway he is starting before Nowitzki. And as far as Center they have their own center they dont really need LEE to fill that position.

NO other TEAM in NBA right now is not in a horrible position as the NY Knicks. We are in a bad shape not just roster wise and cap space problems, but also as an institution we are in bad shape.

JAMES ****IN Dolan needs to sell this team before he ****s it up. James Dolan is the owner of NY KNICKS and MSG, while he doesnt even care about the team, only the money. I bet you Dolan doesnt even know the rules of basketball. We need an owner that loves this game and will love our team and who loves NYC. Like Mark Cuban?? U know someone like that.

U know Dolan is gotta be strict for the team to be better. the players and the coaching staff gotta be scared of losing their jobs if they dont do their jobs. Here in NY they are not scared they just have fun.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ORGANIZATION.

WE NEED A NEW OWNER.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Here is what this will do for us now:

T-Mac gives us a little more than Harrington since he can play PG, SG or SF. Gallo needs to come off the bench right now until he gets his game together and Chandler will benefit from being inserted into his natural SF spot.

T-Mac has a lot to prove and I see him opening a lot of eyes PLUS if he's back to form then we can re-sign him to a smaller contract and pair him with a max FA. We're not getting 2 max FAs so this is a potentially good scenerio. If healthy (which I believe he now is) he has a few good years left.

Paul1355

All Star

in the future its a possibility...but until he can remain on the court he will have a negative light on him as a lazy player that never hustles and gives up too many turn overs and fouls. He was only impressive for a few games when he came back...other than that he just got offensive fouls and turnovers because teams would swarm him if he got the ball in the paint because we had no on else who wanted to shoot.

Curry is young, 25 i think? He can change his career around...Im not sure if it will be next year however..I hope so because I feel sorry for this guy.

He loses all this weight and still has injury problems.

dave2138

Rotation player
At this point of the season, TMac is just as valuable to us as Chris Duhon. There really is no point in getting him if its just for Al Harrington + David Lee + other expiring contracts since it will provide no difference in how we finish this season.

The only reason I think Walsh is interested at all is the thought that Curry, Jefferies is involved or draft picks are coming our way. Talking just Mcgrady - Harrington would be a waste of time.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
finally i been waiting for this to happen all season not so much as we actually pull off the deal, but just that were finally in talks to actually try and improve our roster a small step forward, and the effort a big step forward cause make no mistake the team needs a shakeup if we wanna make the playoffs