Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 106

Thread: July 2010: If We Don't land Lebron, can we please...

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Ariza has inane athletic moves, is sick at dunking, and is a competent shooter from behind the arc for his position, and has a decent jumper. And he is young.

    He shoots too much, but that's bc of the team he's on mainly.
    I miss that kid. Oh well, we got Stevie Franchise for a few games....

  2. #32
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The number 1 reason the Houston Rockets and the Orlando Magic signed Patrick Ewing was to work with Yao Ming and Dwight Howard(NBA centers).

    If Ewing was the coach of the Knicks, they would have gotten Lopez.
    End of discussion.


    Again, do you have a quote, an article, a statement by anyone to back up this assertion? If you do not answer this, you admit that you do not, and are just making up random thoughts and saying they are fact.

    Originally Posted by abcd
    "Pat's a very good coach who's ready to do it, " Van Gundy said. "Like a lot of people, he just needs an opportunity."
    Originally Posted by abcd
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    So, because Stan Van Gundy says it it's gospel? Let's look at other Stan Van Gundy quotes:

    "I emerged from summer league feeling that I would have no trouble, no problem playing Wayne Simien. And I think that's the first step for any player. ... Can a coach put you in the game and feel OK about it? I think he has the skills and the smarts and the toughness where you would have no problem." - Stan Van Gundy on WAYNE ****ING SIMIEN...

    By your logic, this means Wayne Simien is a quality NBA player with the ability to play in this league, because Stan said so. Wayne Simien, after being drafted in 2005, last played professional basketball at the SECOND LEVEL (not even top level) in SPAIN!!!!

    “I expect Shaq will be the most dominant force in the NBA. I've got a little bit of history to back that up.” and then later..."“Shaquille obviously looked rusty offensively."

    Talk about flip-flopping.

    Look, just because Stan Van Gundy says something, doesn't make it true. There are head-coaching vacancies every year. Has Patrick been interviewed for one of them? Just one? Maybe those REALLY in the know know something we don't...that this guy might NOT be ready to coach an NBA team.

    Originally Posted by abcd
    "Patrick was able to teach me a lot," Yao says. "He's been very good for my career."
    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Both Ming and Howard's numbers increased, when Ewing was hired to work with them. Both teams improved, when Ewing was hired to work with them.


    You present quite the logical fallacy here. Just because two things happened in close temporal proximity to each other does not mean that the first thing caused the second thing. That is, just because X happens and then Y happens does NOT mean X caused Y. It's the same fallacy you Team Starbury people pointed out when those against Marbury said, "Every time he leaves a place, the place he left gets better," an argument I have never and will never make. It's correct to point out that fallacy.

    The problem with this argument is that it fails to account for external factors. When Patrick got to Yao, Yao had been in the league a mere 2 years, was only 24, and still learning the game at the NBA-pace. During Ewing's tenure there, Yao also got requisite experience at the NBA pace to become a better player. I'm not saying Ewing had NOTHING to do with it, but he wasn't necessarily THE cause even if he was A cause.

    Same with Dwight. You fail to account for the fact that when Ewing got there, Dwight had just turned 21, and was finally developing into a player that was adjusted to the NBA game. Ewing MIGHT have helped him, no doubt, but it wasn't the be-all, end-all cause. And even still, Dwight Howard's offensive game remains extremely limited. You still haven't accounted for the fact that Dwight Howard STILL has only one low post move, despite Ewings tutelage, and relies heavily on the fact that he has out-of-this-world athleticism.


    Originally Posted by abcd
    I'll take their word over yours. The fact that you keep using all of the skepticism with Ewing shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There is so much evidence that supports he would make a good coach, it's not even funny.
    I don't know, that Rookie-Soph game he didn't look like a good coach. A friend of mine from Chicago texted me during the game actually saying "Stan Van Gundy was wrong, this guy can't coach." That's not me, that's a friend of mine who doesn't come on this board and read what anyone has to write. He is an impartial observer.

    Maybe coaching an NBA-team would be a better experience, he'd have more time with his players. But his in-game decisions left something to be desired, and this was a nice audition for him. And he dropped the ball.


    At the end of the day...might Ewing make a great coach? Perhaps...but, I'll break it down for abcd to respond to nice and easily:

    1) If Ewing was our coach, the record is devoid of any evidence that Ewing would have definitely taken Brook Lopez.

    2) Ewing has not been interviewed by any team to be head-coach, maybe the league knows something we don't.

    3) Stan Van Gundy does not always speak the Gospel.

    4) The one game Ewing has head-coached, he looked lost.

    5) Saying that Ewing's arrival caused improvement in Howard and Ming fails to account for several external factors, including age and natural player development.

    6) How does one explain, if Ewing is as amazing a coach as claimed, the lack of development and diversity in Dwight Howard's offensive game?

    7) This is not to say Ewing CAN'T be a great head coach. On the contrary, he can be. You are right to say that the Magic made the NBA Finals with Patrick Ewing as assistant coach...but that diminishes the role of OTHER assistants. How can you just assume, and again, bring up the temporal fallacy, that just because Patrick Ewing was there he CAUSED the team to go to the finals. Are we saying Brendan Malone and Bob Beyer did nothing as assistant coaches? I'm not ready to make that logical leap over a gap of missing information. Should we hire or give interviews to Brendan Malone? Bob Beyer? Any other Magic assistant coach?

  3. #33
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25


    Again, do you have a quote, an article, a statement by anyone to back up this assertion? If you do not answer this, you admit that you do not, and are just making up random thoughts and saying they are fact.
    The gringo fails again.

    I presented 4 pieces of evidence to back up my statements.

    All KBlack has is his words. I have sources and links. He has words.

    Fact # 1: The Houston Rockets hired Ewing to work with Yao Ming(an NBA center). The Orlando Magic hired Ewing to work with Dwight Howard(an NBA center).

    Had the Knicks gotten Ewing, it would have been after he proved he knew how to develop two of the NBA's best centers, so why wouldn't have they gotten Lopez?

    Seriously, KBlack, you are a manipulator.

    Fact #2: Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.

    Your boyfriend D'Antoni coached in Italy and was an assistant before he got a head coaching spot.

    Fact #3: Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.

    Fact #4: During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."

    lol at this gringo bringing up a rookie sophomore game. Does Patrick Ewing coach a team of sophomores?
    No, it was a pickup game.

    And using your logic, Ewing must be an excellent coach, based on his win against the Western Conference All Stars, last night.

    "Pat's a very good coach who's ready to do it, " Van Gundy said. "Like a lot of people, he just needs an opportunity."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    "Patrick was able to teach me a lot," Yao says. "He's been very good for my career."
    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Stop hating on the Knicks' G.O.A.T., sucka.

    <object width="425" height="344">


    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1dQgocqy2s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
    Last edited by abcd; Feb 15, 2010 at 13:27.

  4. #34
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Still waiting on one shred of evidence that if we had Ewing as head coach we definitely would have Lopez, not conjecture that "Ewing was brought in to help centers so we would have drafted one"...Still waiting for abcd to backup his assertion that this definitely would be the case.

    Note: abcd did not respond to anything else I said, debunking his "theories", and instead just reposted the stuff that he already posted and I already debunked.

    Obviously this fool is scared to actually have a good debate...

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    edit: In an effort to get this racist to actually debate, I will repost exactly my points. If he does not answer them, we all know he is a scared little girl. In caps, I make it real easy for abcd to have an actual debate and prove he is not a moron by outlining what his argument should be.

    <table id="post112267" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_112267" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    1) If Ewing was our coach, the record is devoid of any evidence that Ewing would have definitely taken Brook Lopez. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT SAYS WE WOULD HAVE!

    2) Ewing has not been interviewed by any team to be head-coach, maybe the league knows something we don't. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT EWING HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED, EVER, FOR A HEAD COACHING JOB

    3) Stan Van Gundy does not always speak the Gospel. I GAVE THREE QUOTES SHOWING STAN VAN GUNDY IS NOT ALWAYS THE MOST TRUSTWORTHY. IF YOU TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT ON EWING YOU MUST THINK WAYNE SIMIEN IS A GOOD BALLER.

    4) The one game Ewing has head-coached, he looked lost. AS I SAID, IT MAY NOT BE DISPOSITIVE! BUT IT IS REVELATORY!

    5) Saying that Ewing's arrival caused improvement in Howard and Ming fails to account for several external factors, including age and natural player development. ELIMINATE THE EXTERNAL VARIABLE FACTORS OF AGE AND EXPERIENCE!

    6) How does one explain, if Ewing is as amazing a coach as claimed, the lack of development and diversity in Dwight Howard's offensive game? EXPLAIN TO ME HOWARD'S LIMITED OFFENSIVE GAME!

    7) This is not to say Ewing CAN'T be a great head coach. On the contrary, he can be. You are right to say that the Magic made the NBA Finals with Patrick Ewing as assistant coach...but that diminishes the role of OTHER assistants. How can you just assume, and again, bring up the temporal fallacy, that just because Patrick Ewing was there he CAUSED the team to go to the finals. Are we saying Brendan Malone and Bob Beyer did nothing as assistant coaches? I'm not ready to make that logical leap over a gap of missing information. Should we hire or give interviews to Brendan Malone? Bob Beyer? Any other Magic assistant coach? EXPLAIN WHY WE SHOULDN'T HIRE OR INTERVIEW MALONE OR BEYER!

    <!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;">
    </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 255, 255) rgb(255, 255, 255) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> <!-- controls --> </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Last edited by KBlack25; Feb 15, 2010 at 13:57.

  5. #35
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The gringo fails again.

    I presented 4 pieces of evidence to back up my statements.

    All KBlack has is his words. I have sources and links. He has words.

    Fact # 1: The Houston Rockets hired Ewing to work with Yao Ming(an NBA center). The Orlando Magic hired Ewing to work with Dwight Howard(an NBA center).

    Had the Knicks gotten Ewing, it would have been after he proved he knew how to develop two of the NBA's best centers, so why wouldn't have they gotten Lopez?

    Seriously, KBlack, you are a manipulator.

    Fact #2: Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.

    Your boyfriend D'Antoni coached in Italy and was an assistant before he got a head coaching spot.

    Fact #3: Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.

    Fact #4: During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."

    lol at this gringo bringing up a rookie sophomore game. Does Patrick Ewing coach a team of sophomores?
    No, it was a pickup game.

    And using your logic, Ewing must be an excellent coach, based on his win against the Western Conference All Stars, last night.

    "Pat's a very good coach who's ready to do it, " Van Gundy said. "Like a lot of people, he just needs an opportunity."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    "Patrick was able to teach me a lot," Yao says. "He's been very good for my career."
    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




    Stop hating on the Knicks' G.O.A.T., sucka.<object width="425" height="344">
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1dQgocqy2s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
    Everything I bolded is evidence. KBlack is just mad, because he is a D'Antonisexual and I exposed him.

    Keep crying. I'll be laughing.

    LMAO!!! KBlack reposted his own words and passed it off as a source.

    I used links from credible websites and he uses his own words. What a fail.
    <object width="425" height="344">


    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3o_IfcTRwT0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
    Last edited by abcd; Feb 15, 2010 at 14:10.

  6. #36
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Fact # 1: The Houston Rockets hired Ewing to work with Yao Ming(an NBA center). The Orlando Magic hired Ewing to work with Dwight Howard(an NBA center).
    How does this PROVE that EWING would have DRAFTED a Center? How does this PROVE that EWING would look at our roster and say "Brook Lopez, in particular, is the guy I want"? The fact that some teams hired Ewing to be a Centers-coach does not mean that Ewing wants to draft centers!!!

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.
    Stan Van Gundy may be experienced, but as I showed he has a tendency to spout hyperbole...are you a Wayne Simien fan too?

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.
    But this does not mean that Ewing was SOLELY responsible for Yao's improvement. You are ignoring other very relevant factors.

    Originally Posted by abcd
    During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."
    Obviously they went for comment about the game, and chose Dwight because his assistant coach was a head coach. And what is Dwight going to say? "Ewing is horrible and has done nothing for me, I still have a limited offensive game"? Obviously, they were going for him to comment, and he made a comment about the coach.

    Next? In an effort to get abcd to debate, I will repost my points that abcd has ignored, again because he is a scared little cry baby...I made it easy on him. If he ignores again, we know he is scared to have an actual debate.

    <table id="post112267" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_112267" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    1) If Ewing was our coach, the record is devoid of any evidence that Ewing would have definitely taken Brook Lopez. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT SAYS WE WOULD HAVE!

    2) Ewing has not been interviewed by any team to be head-coach, maybe the league knows something we don't. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT EWING HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED, EVER, FOR A HEAD COACHING JOB

    3) Stan Van Gundy does not always speak the Gospel. I GAVE THREE QUOTES SHOWING STAN VAN GUNDY IS NOT ALWAYS THE MOST TRUSTWORTHY. IF YOU TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT ON EWING YOU MUST THINK WAYNE SIMIEN IS A GOOD BALLER.

    4) The one game Ewing has head-coached, he looked lost. AS I SAID, IT MAY NOT BE DISPOSITIVE! BUT IT IS REVELATORY!

    5) Saying that Ewing's arrival caused improvement in Howard and Ming fails to account for several external factors, including age and natural player development. ELIMINATE THE EXTERNAL VARIABLE FACTORS OF AGE AND EXPERIENCE!

    6) How does one explain, if Ewing is as amazing a coach as claimed, the lack of development and diversity in Dwight Howard's offensive game? EXPLAIN TO ME HOWARD'S LIMITED OFFENSIVE GAME!

    7) This is not to say Ewing CAN'T be a great head coach. On the contrary, he can be. You are right to say that the Magic made the NBA Finals with Patrick Ewing as assistant coach...but that diminishes the role of OTHER assistants. How can you just assume, and again, bring up the temporal fallacy, that just because Patrick Ewing was there he CAUSED the team to go to the finals. Are we saying Brendan Malone and Bob Beyer did nothing as assistant coaches? I'm not ready to make that logical leap over a gap of missing information. Should we hire or give interviews to Brendan Malone? Bob Beyer? Any other Magic assistant coach? EXPLAIN WHY WE SHOULDN'T HIRE OR INTERVIEW MALONE OR BEYER!

    <!-- / message --> </td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

  7. #37
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Everything I bolded is evidence. KBlack is just mad, because he is a D'Antonisexual and I exposed him.

    Keep crying. I'll be laughing.

    LMAO!!! KBlack reposted his own words and passed it off as a source.

    I used links from credible websites and he uses his own words. What a fail.
    <object width="425" height="344">


    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3o_IfcTRwT0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

    Translation:

    Originally Posted by abcd

    I lost, I have no credible sources to prove my points. I am just making logical leaps without any evidence to support it and passing it off as fact. I know it's not fact, I know I'm an idiot. I have no argumentation skills. I lost.
    I WIN I WIN I WIN
    ETHER OH SNAP YOU SUCK

    ****ing moron.

  8. #38
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    What a worm!!! The hate you have for our greatest player ever is disgusting. You, and your kind, are not Knick fans. At most, you're all johnny-come-lately. Ewing has not been gone that long for any real, proven Knick fan to sh1t on him with such glee.

    You're saying Ewing is a bad coach because his players didn't win a glorified pick-up game, with no real value to those playing in the game? Please, dude... save yourself from yourself.

    You're not a fan of this team, unless we're talking about you serving as an instrument used to cool off Knick players or its real fans.

    Ewing= pure, true Knicks (what real fans want to get back to): grit, heart, in the face of adversity and haters. If that's not clicking with you, then you're not a real Knick fan.

    D'Antoni= an anti-Isiah reaction, with no command of respect from true Knick fans. Your, and your like's, allegiance to his every word and decision proves you have no history or roots with this team. As such, you jump from one dude to another, like the proverbial common whore.

    You and your KOL lovers fail, as always.

    Ewing, Jr., not Anthony Roberson, Gallo, or any other dude that is only now being heard of, deserved a shot at playing for the Knicks. All true, 82-game-watching, depressed after playoff elimination, long time Knick fans know and feel that.

    Ewing, Sr., our greatest player ever, deserved, at minimum an interview followed by an assistant job. True Knick fans know he should have been our head coach.

    You can't show up to a family, buddy, and say you're family, without recognizing the people in that family.

    So... you fat gringo, go jump off a ledge-o.

  9. #39
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    What a worm!!! The hate you have for our greatest player ever is disgusting. You, and your kind, are not Knick fans. At most, you're all johnny-come-lately. Ewing has not been gone that long for any real, proven Knick fan to sh1t on him with such glee.

    You're saying Ewing is a bad coach because his players didn't win a glorified pick-up game, with no real value to those playing in the game? Please, dude... save yourself from yourself.

    You're not a fan of this team, unless we're talking about you serving as an instrument used to cool off Knick players or its real fans.

    Ewing= pure, true Knicks (what real fans want to get back to): grit, heart, in the face of adversity and haters. If that's not clicking with you, then you're not a real Knick fan.

    D'Antoni= an anti-Isiah reaction, with no command of respect from true Knick fans. Your, and your like's, allegiance to his every word and decision proves you have no history or roots with this team. As such, you jump from one dude to another, like the proverbial common whore.

    You and your KOL lovers fail, as always.

    Ewing, Jr., not Anthony Roberson, Gallo, or any other dude that is only now being heard of, deserved a shot at playing for the Knicks. All true, 82-game-watching, depressed after playoff elimination, long time Knick fans know and feel that.

    Ewing, Sr., our greatest player ever, deserved, at minimum an interview followed by an assistant job. True Knick fans know he should have been our head coach.

    You can't show up to a family, buddy, and say you're family, without recognizing the people in that family.

    So... you fat gringo, go jump off a ledge-o.
    Here's my issue with that OG...you say he deserved, at minimum, an interview? Fine, but would you have been happy if he got a cursory interview with no shot at landing the job?

    That is, in the NFL right now, there's the Rooney Rule. It's well known that teams interview black coaches to get the Rooney Rule complied with even though they are not truly considered for the job. Dolan is Dolan, he wants an established guy as coach, look at our last few: D'Antoni, Isiah (who had past experience in Indiana), Brown, Wilkens...

    Dolan wanted to hire a guy with experience, if Ewing got interviewed he would have stood NO chance at getting the job. To me that's worse than not getting an interview at all.

    You seem to be stating you'd satisfied if Ewing got a cursory, glancing interview for aesthetic sake (clarify if this is not what you are saying), just as long as he GOT an interview. If Ewing is getting an interview, I want him to be seriously considered. But with Dolan there, there's no way he would have gotten truly serious consideration. To me, a cursory interview like coaches get in the NFL is worse than not getting one at all.

    I'm a D'Antoni lover? Really? I guess you just ignore when I've criticized a ton of his decisions as of late...I just don't think anyone could win with this roster, and see no real use in firing him. It just would make us worse off because Dolan would still have to pay D'Antoni AND a new coach, and Dolan is a cheap piece of ****.

    Patrick Ewing, JR. > Gallo? Please...get a grip dude.

    And again, I'm not ****ting on Ewing as a player. But what evidence do we really have that this guy would be a solid head coach? Stan Van Gundy saying so? That's it? All I'm saying is that his "resume" can easily be explained by external factors...His lone head-coaching experience, in a pick-up game, was ugly...and that's being nice about it.

    I understand Ewing is pure grit in the face of adversity. I remember those Knicks teams from Oakley-Ewing even to Sprewell-Houston-Camby, they played rough, they didn't let you in the paint, and if you got into the paint they made sure you didn't want to go back. I remember 1994...But the rules have since changed, refs have become extremely protective of the offensive player, that kind of bumping doesn't fly any more. Do I like it? No. But that's the nature of the game nowadays. It's become less physical and more finesse. Those Knicks teams would get into quick foul trouble if their games were called today. I don't like it, but that's the way it is in the face of recent rule changes.

    We have no evidence of HOW Ewing would act as a head coach, really. That's my point. So to say he definitely would draft Brook Lopez and he definitely would make this horrid roster a winner is making too many logical leaps. If you can't see that, you have failed.
    Last edited by KBlack25; Feb 15, 2010 at 15:22.

  10. #40
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Wouldn't being a diehard Knicks fan make you not want Ewing as our headcoach? Would any Knicks fan want to give the worst roster in the NBA to Ewing and thereby destroy his legacy? If Ewing was our headcoach we would have won the same amount of games (maybe a few more or maybe a few less) and everybody would be screaming for him to be fired.

  11. #41
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by GayBlack25
    You're right, abcd. You exposed me. I'm not a Knick fan, and I got owned by you so bad that I had to steal your swag.
    I layed the smackdown on this sucka!

    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nXWX9Z_Uv14&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nXWX9Z_Uv14&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

    All he was able to do was edit my posts and use his words to defend his hatred for Patrick Ewing, the Knicks' G.O.A.T.

    I used words, links for credible sites, ethers, and refuted all of GayBlack's gay love letters to Mike D'Antoni.

    All GayBlack wrote was: "Please, stop hating on my husband D'Antoni.
    He has head coaching experience and I, GayBlack, have head blowjob experience."

    This fat, slugglish gringo keeps getting owned.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOVoBIYbAj8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOVoBIYbAj8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

  12. #42
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Ahhh, again, abcd proving me right.

    How good it feels to win.

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I refuted all of his points
    What a moron:

    No articles proving Ewing would have drafted Lopez.
    No article showing Ewing was ever considered for a head coaching job.
    No response to abcd's love of Wayne Simien.
    No information about explaining away other external factors besides Ewing being a coach.
    No information about why we shouldn't hire Bob Beyer.
    No explanation of Howard's limited offensive game

    ABCD exposed himself as the loser of this argument.

    I WIN!

  13. #43
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Fact # 1: The Houston Rockets hired Ewing to work with Yao Ming(an NBA center). The Orlando Magic hired Ewing to work with Dwight Howard(an NBA center).

    Had the Knicks gotten Ewing, it would have been after he proved he knew how to develop two of the NBA's best centers, so why wouldn't have they gotten Lopez?

    Seriously, KBlack, you are a manipulator.

    Fact #2: Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.

    Your boyfriend D'Antoni coached in Italy and was an assistant before he got a head coaching spot.

    Fact #3: Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.

    Fact #4: During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."

    lol at this gringo bringing up a rookie sophomore game. Does Patrick Ewing coach a team of sophomores?
    No, it was a pickup game.

    And using your logic, Ewing must be an excellent coach, based on his win against the Western Conference All Stars, last night.

    "Pat's a very good coach who's ready to do it, " Van Gundy said. "Like a lot of people, he just needs an opportunity."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    "Patrick was able to teach me a lot," Yao says. "He's been very good for my career."
    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This is my entire ether post. Let's look at Gayblack's manipulative fail that he continues to use, ever seen he consummated his marriage with D'Anphony.



  14. #44
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Fact # 1: The Houston Rockets hired Ewing to work with Yao Ming(an NBA center). The Orlando Magic hired Ewing to work with Dwight Howard(an NBA center).

    Had the Knicks gotten Ewing, it would have been after he proved he knew how to develop two of the NBA's best centers, so why wouldn't have they gotten Lopez?

    Seriously, KBlack, you are a manipulator.

    Fact #2: Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.

    Your boyfriend D'Antoni coached in Italy and was an assistant before he got a head coaching spot.

    Fact #3: Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.

    Fact #4: During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."

    lol at this gringo bringing up a rookie sophomore game. Does Patrick Ewing coach a team of sophomores?
    No, it was a pickup game.

    And using your logic, Ewing must be an excellent coach, based on his win against the Western Conference All Stars, last night.

    "Pat's a very good coach who's ready to do it, " Van Gundy said. "Like a lot of people, he just needs an opportunity."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    "Patrick was able to teach me a lot," Yao says. "He's been very good for my career."
    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This is my entire ether post. Let's look at Gayblack's manipulative fail that he continues to use, ever seen he consummated his marriage with D'Anphony.


    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by abcd
    Fact # 1: The Houston Rockets hired Ewing to work with Yao Ming(an NBA center). The Orlando Magic hired Ewing to work with Dwight Howard(an NBA center).
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    How does this PROVE that EWING would have DRAFTED a Center? How does this PROVE that EWING would look at our roster and say "Brook Lopez, in particular, is the guy I want"? The fact that some teams hired Ewing to be a Centers-coach does not mean that Ewing wants to draft centers!!!

    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by abcd
    Stan Van Gundy is an experienced head coach. I am going to take his word over your word, if he says Ewing is ready to be a head coach. Why? Because no head coach in the history of the NBA coached from the day they were born. Someone down the line gave them an opportunity, before they got hired as a head coach.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Stan Van Gundy may be experienced, but as I showed he has a tendency to spout hyperbole...are you a Wayne Simien fan too?

    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by abcd
    Yao Ming is one of the best centers in the NBA. He said Ewing helped him a lot with his career. Again, I'll take his word over yours.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    But this does not mean that Ewing was SOLELY responsible for Yao's improvement. You are ignoring other very relevant factors.

    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by abcd
    During the Rookie Sophomore game, the announcers asked Howard what was something he did over the summer to improve his game. They mentioned nothing about Ewing, yet he said "Ewing has been great for me. He really helped me a lot."
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Obviously they went for comment about the game, and chose Dwight because his assistant coach was a head coach. And what is Dwight going to say? "Ewing is horrible and has done nothing for me, I still have a limited offensive game"? Obviously, they were going for him to comment, and he made a comment about the coach.

    Next? In an effort to get abcd to debate, I will repost my points that abcd has ignored, again because he is a scared little cry baby...I made it easy on him. If he ignores again, we know he is scared to have an actual debate.

    <table id="post112267" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_112267" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    1) If Ewing was our coach, the record is devoid of any evidence that Ewing would have definitely taken Brook Lopez. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT SAYS WE WOULD HAVE!

    2) Ewing has not been interviewed by any team to be head-coach, maybe the league knows something we don't. GIVE ME AN ARTICLE THAT EWING HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED, EVER, FOR A HEAD COACHING JOB

    3) Stan Van Gundy does not always speak the Gospel. I GAVE THREE QUOTES SHOWING STAN VAN GUNDY IS NOT ALWAYS THE MOST TRUSTWORTHY. IF YOU TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT ON EWING YOU MUST THINK WAYNE SIMIEN IS A GOOD BALLER.

    4) The one game Ewing has head-coached, he looked lost. AS I SAID, IT MAY NOT BE DISPOSITIVE! BUT IT IS REVELATORY!

    5) Saying that Ewing's arrival caused improvement in Howard and Ming fails to account for several external factors, including age and natural player development. ELIMINATE THE EXTERNAL VARIABLE FACTORS OF AGE AND EXPERIENCE!

    6) How does one explain, if Ewing is as amazing a coach as claimed, the lack of development and diversity in Dwight Howard's offensive game? EXPLAIN TO ME HOWARD'S LIMITED OFFENSIVE GAME!

    7) This is not to say Ewing CAN'T be a great head coach. On the contrary, he can be. You are right to say that the Magic made the NBA Finals with Patrick Ewing as assistant coach...but that diminishes the role of OTHER assistants. How can you just assume, and again, bring up the temporal fallacy, that just because Patrick Ewing was there he CAUSED the team to go to the finals. Are we saying Brendan Malone and Bob Beyer did nothing as assistant coaches? I'm not ready to make that logical leap over a gap of missing information. Should we hire or give interviews to Brendan Malone? Bob Beyer? Any other Magic assistant coach? EXPLAIN WHY WE SHOULDN'T HIRE OR INTERVIEW MALONE OR BEYER!
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

  15. #45
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I WIN!
    ABCD LOSES


    KBlack25 just layeth the smacketh down...
    Last edited by KBlack25; Feb 15, 2010 at 15:41.

Similar Threads

  1. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2009, 23:27
  2. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 09:43
  3. The 2010 Plan... 2 Piece and a Biscuit
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 02, 2009, 16:50
  4. Knicks can't sign 2 max contracts in 2010
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2009, 19:54
  5. The Knicks 2010 Plan on salary cap relief
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Aug 25, 2008, 19:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •