FA Poll: I wanna know what KOL is thinking.

p0nder

Starter
This is nonsense...Lee is a budding all-star and playing out of position. Will he ever be an elite defender? Probably not but he is an elite rebounder, plays with intensity, can finish with both hands and only now developed a consistent mid-range jumper that is taking his game to another level. He shoots a high percentage and is not turnover prone.There are like 5 dudes in the NBA at any given time that can put 20 and 10 up on average and Lee is one of them. He is doing this with the worst starting PG in the league and out of position. He leads the league in assists for centers so his passing is also way above average. Diminishing his entire game because he can't defend bigger, stronger centers is wrong. Further, no one is claiming we should give him a max deal or that we must sign him above all other players.

Lee's game has only one weakness...D. That weakness is magnified because he is a PF playing center.

Lee at 11 Mil > Bosh at 16 Mil

Lee > Amare...period

In bold are the only two things I disagree with. Lee has brought back the resurgence of the point forward and the passing big man. No one appreciates a big man with good vision and passing ability then Knicks fans.

However regardless of playing out of position, D.Lee has trouble guarding smaller "bigs" then him as well. It's not a size or out of postion thing (tho that doesn't help matters), its that the guy is just not a defensive pressence. He hussles but he doesn't jump to get blocks and his low post defense is weak (tho improving)

In the paint you need that presence. You defend against the bigs down low as well as the slashers and cutters and driving PG's. You NEED to have a defensive presence down low, one way or another, they cement the defense. Even with a potential Defensive player of the Year in Jeffereies playing along side him D.Lee allows too many easy baskets. It's just simply not enough to rely on 20 and 10 and think that because he's a great fantasy player that he's a great player on the court. 2 way players are necessary to winning, especially as starters and 30+ minute guys.

Bosh at 16 mil to Lee at 11 mill is a huge improvement. Bosh blocks shots, can guard the perimeter, can make steals, and alter game plans. Bosh is basically all the things defensively that D.Lee is not. Plus he's a better offensive player, getting to the rim and making other teams foul him. I would have to say that bosh is TWO TIMES the player D.Lee is for about 30% more then what we pay David.

This is not to take away from D.Lee's game. He is a great offensively minded PF. I'm just saying that there are better players out there and just because you get 20 and 10 on a regular basis does not mean you are a fantastic player and a cornerpiece of what we hope turns out to be an emerging dynasty. Bosh would be an amazing peice to the team and personally I would want Bosh and D.Lee to play together. This would give other teams nightmares in the post while providing enough of a defensive presence.

But if I have to pick between Dlee at 10 or 11 and bosh at 15-16 i'll take Bosh any day.

Off that list of FA's I'd take a shot at getting A.Morrow from golden state and M.Camby from the Clippers. I would also look into prying Rubio from the T-wolves. Then I'd sit on my ass and wait for 2011 and see whats up then.

2010-2011

PG Rubio ???/TD
SG Chandler/Morrow
SF Gallo/Chandler
PF Lee/Hill
C Camby/Hill

Paul1355

All Star
Joe Johnson!

He can take over games and is a good passer.

We can lock him up as our SG for years....resign Lee...or sign and trade because we need a true Center.

I like Zydrunas Ilgallskus...Camby possibly for one or two year signing.

johnstarky

Rotation player
might as well start collecting lotto picks, and build a championship caliber team the old fashioned way.

The Chicago Bulls have been getting number 1 draft picks for years, how come they aren't a championship contender? I like the idea of using lottery picks to build a team but unless your team has the ability to draft good players the NBA draft is pretty much a meaningless commodity.Just look at the garbage that the Knicks have drafted over the past decade: Frederic Weis, Donnell Harvey, Michael Sweetney and Channing Frye.I know this sounds like an overstatement but, I have more faith in Mike D'antoni winning a championship with the Knicks than I have in the ability of the Knicks' scouts to draft future NBA stars.No matter how high the draft pick would be for the Knicks they will always find a way to blow it.Any organization that's gone more than 20 years without drafting an NBA superstar has to either finish the regular season with the worst record or has to completely depend on luck in order to draft a player that they could build their franchise around.Even though the Knicks have drafted players such as Trevor Ariza, David Lee and Wilson Chandler, over the past six years, none of those players have been cornerstones to the Knick organization.So if the Knicks decide to go the lottery route, Knick fans better pray that a pot of gold miraculously ends up on the Madison Square Garden side lines during a future NBA draft night.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
The Chicago Bulls have been getting number 1 draft picks for years, how come they aren't a championship contender? I like the idea of using lottery picks to build a team but unless your team has the ability to draft good players the NBA draft is pretty much a meaningless commodity.Just look at the garbage that the Knicks have drafted over the past decade: Frederic Weis, Donnell Harvey, Michael Sweetney and Channing Frye.I know this sounds like an overstatement but, I have more faith in Mike D'antoni winning a championship with the Knicks than I have in the ability of the Knicks' scouts to draft future NBA stars.No matter how high the draft pick would be for the Knicks they will always find a way to blow it.Any organization that's gone more than 20 years without drafting an NBA superstar has to either finish the regular season with the worst record or has to completely depend on luck in order to draft a player that they could build their franchise around.Even though the Knicks have drafted players such as Trevor Ariza, David Lee and Wilson Chandler, over the past six years, none of those players have been cornerstones to the Knick organization.So if the Knicks decide to go the lottery route, Knick fans better pray that a pot of gold miraculously ends up on the Madison Square Garden side lines during a future NBA draft night.
there is a diffrence.those are the bulls, and donnie is not Isiah or layden.

metrocard

Legend
Call me crazy, but if we don't get a superstar...I'd be cool with Felton, Scola and Rudy Gay...That'd give us

PG - Felton/Douglas
SG - Rudy Gay/Wilson Chandler
SF - Gallinari/Wilson Chandler
PF - David Lee/Jordan Hill
C - Luis Scola/Jared Jefferies/Eddy Curry

Perhaps unrealistic, but I think that gives us a good rebounding core, we can rotate Gay/Chandler/Gallo on the floor for 2 spots, consistently giving us a good scorer. I also think that none of those guys will get a max contract, which could enable us to actually make the move.

We need shot blocking...but I like your way of thinking.
**** Lebron.