Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York 'Very Interested' In Ridnour

Default New York 'Very Interested' In Ridnour

Feb 11, 2010 4:51 PM EST

The Bucks may move Luke Ridnour and his expiring contract before the deadline and the Knicks would be 'very interested', according to Newsday's Alan Hahn.

RealGM Note: Ridnour is making $6.5 million this season and is having the most efficient year of his career.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I would be happy as hell if we can get Ridnour. This kid has shown he has skills. He's young too. He has an expiring contract.

Hes expiring, and ANYONE is better than the Donkey man. I wouldn't mind as long as we aren't giving up anyone of our core players.

ridnour would be my pg of choice in next years free agent batch.he could be a poor man's nash.

Originally Posted by ANU
    ridnour would be my pg of choice in next years free agent batch.he could be a poor man's nash.

I totally agree. Dude is a quick, smart and a legit PG. He would definitely thrive in this system and D'Antoni would get his PG that can run his offense.

Who has a contract that matches Ridnour?

Think Jeffries would match if they have any interest...

My dream:
    Jeffries for Ridnour, maybe we even throw in future 2nd rounder (although I have no gauge for their interest in Jeffries, Mbah a Moute or whatever is a similer hustle/energy type player lacking great skill so they may want nothing to do with Jared, but hey a guy can dream)

Al and Curry in the 3 way deal for McGrady.

Brings in McGrady and Ridnour, could help us to playoffs, or as mentioned Tmac could be done, but are we gonna get to playoffs without a move? Doubt it. Low risk high reward, possible to resign either guy in offseason if they produce, only lose Al who it's unlikely we'd resign next year (certainly not now that he knows D'antoni is so willing to get rid of him) and gets Curry and Jeffries the hell outta here to give us more money next year.

Granted I've prolly got a better chance of securing a new job as a beer quality tester but still...

You get excited for someone elses backup PG. Are you kidding me? Do we need more bench players on this team? How about getting someones starter for once? Ridnour is crap and thats why he is on the market.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    You get excited for someone elses backup PG. Are you kidding me? Do we need more bench players on this team? How about getting someones starter for once? Ridnour is crap and thats why he is on the market.
    Sadly you're right, but I'm tired of Chris DuDonkey, it's seriously wearing on me to watch him every game. I'm not trying to say we should make Ridnour a "Pg for the future". I just want a PG to finish this season.

yeah this could work out well for us, people forget he was instrumental at running the supersonics squad that won 55 or so games when nate micmillian was there. That was years ago, im sure under skiles he has learned to play better defense as well.

so D'Antoni wasn't a big fan of Duhon.. this kinda prove it

Better than Puhon.

Worse than most other starters.

Not worth trading another expiring for.

WHO CARES?

Lurker

Ridnour is averaging about 11 and 4 this season in just 22 minutes a game. He's shooting 48% from the field, 40% from 3, and 92% from the line. He doesn't turn the ball over and has improved his defense. Given starters minutes, this guy will get 15 and 8. He's playing the best ball of his career. Skiles even said he's been their best player. But The Bucks have invested in the rookie Jennings, who in my estimation, is a bit overrated. He might be great one day, he might be Marbury in a year or 2, or he might be Telfair. Tough to tell. Luke will run this offense right, and if team hates him, don't re-sign him next year. It's a no-brainer.

Originally Posted by hubie
    Ridnour is averaging about 11 and 4 this season in just 22 minutes a game. He's shooting 48% from the field, 40% from 3, and 92% from the line. He doesn't turn the ball over and has improved his defense. Given starters minutes, this guy will get 15 and 8. He's playing the best ball of his career. Skiles even said he's been their best player. But The Bucks have invested in the rookie Jennings, who in my estimation, is a bit overrated. He might be great one day, he might be Marbury in a year or 2, or he might be Telfair. Tough to tell. Luke will run this offense right, and if team hates him, don't re-sign him next year. It's a no-brainer.

Agreed! I think Brandon Jennings is the second coming of Damon Stoudamire, Damon or at best Nick Van Exel, two very solid players, but far from the franchise player he is being made out to be.

That said, he's still a player we shouldve drafted, but its not like we passed on Chris Paul or Deron Williams!

Veteran

Ridnour might not be all that amazing but he's so much better than Chris DuSUCK that there's no reason to NOT get him