Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amare to Cleveland?

Hybrid View

Default Amare to Cleveland?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Seriously, if this trade happens I will stop watching the NBA.There are 25 teams in the NBA that have little to no chance of winning a championship any time soon and the championship contending Cavs might add one of the best big men in the game to strengthen their roster? Hey Kerr, why don't you also include Steve Nash in that deal while you're at it? What a joke this trade would be for the NBA if it transpired.Something needs to get done in the next CBA meetings between the NBA commissioner and the Players Union.Trades like these shouldn't happen, especially when more than half of the teams in the NBA are horrible.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Feb 12, 2010 at 23:31.

they need to limit FA signings or something.. don't allow over-cap teams to sign. get rid of MLA

Amare and Shaq didn't exactly mesh to well together. Jamison or Iggy would probably be the better fit.

KnicksonLIN.com

That's just a rumor. I'll believe it when I see it. Just like the trade rumors with the Knicks. Unless it is officially announced, I won't believe it.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Amare and Shaq didn't exactly mesh to well together. Jamison or Iggy would probably be the better fit.
    The Cavaliers could probably include Ilgauskas in a package to Phoenix, put Amare in the starting lineup and have Shaq come off the bench.I couldn't see anyone stopping the Cavs with Amare as their starting center.

Question Mark Financial question

how is this posible financially? Do they plan on resigning Shaq, Lebron and Amare and still have Mo Williams big contract and everyone else?

Only the Knicks and Lakers can afford a team like that...atleast thats what I know but if anyone can enlighten me on the cap situation for Cleaveland, that would make a big difference to see if this trade keeps Lebron in Cleaveland in the future.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    how is this posible financially? Do they plan on resigning Shaq, Lebron and Amare and still have Mo Williams big contract and everyone else?

Only the Knicks and Lakers can afford a team like that...atleast thats what I know but if anyone can enlighten me on the cap situation for Cleaveland, that would make a big difference to see if this trade keeps Lebron in Cleaveland in the future.
    I don't see how both Amare and Lebron would want to sign max contracts in a small market like Cleveland and spend the remaining parts of their good NBA careers with the Cavaliers.Even if they were to win a championship together in Cleveland, why would Amare want to waste the next 5 or 6 years playing second fiddle to King James when he could come to a city like NY and be the number 1 guy for the Knicks?

To me, this whole Amare to Cleveland rumor seems like a ploy to convince Lebron that he should stay in Cleveland.There is no guarantee that if Amare signs elsewhere, after winning a championship with the Cavs, that Lebron would do just the opposite and re-sign with his team.Lebron might realize that without another superstar on his team he can't win another NBA championship.And look to sign with a team that already has a superstar player .That is why it is important for Donnie Walsh to get the Knicks as far under the cap as possible even if that means trading Jeffries and buying out most of Curry's contract.The Knicks would look so much attractive to Lebron if they are able to offer a max contract to more than one superstar.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Feb 14, 2010 at 08:43.

Its very possible Paul1355, Dan Gilbert has DEEP pockets AND he's been making crazy $$$$ from these past couple of years with this team. WE ARE GOOD!!!

Originally Posted by CleDude
    Its very possible Paul1355, Dan Gilbert has DEEP pockets AND he's been making crazy $$$$ from these past couple of years with this team. WE ARE GOOD!!!
    he might have deep pockets but there are bird rights and salary caps that we are talking about here.

Learn how to root for a team that has won a championship before you decide to make an account just to talk ****.

Lol, Im from cleveland sooooo why would I not root for the cavs??? And i smell at least 4 championships coming...

Cmon guys dont worry, you still have the Yankees, Giants, n Jets. You're so selfish LOL

AMARE to Cleveland, the deal is done!!! HA HA bitches!!! Lebron wasnt leaving to come to sorry ass new york anyway!!! Leave a your team when they are #1 and you're just entering your prime to a lossing organization that hasnt proven s---!!! What superstar does that?!?!? LMAO What are you guys smoking up there??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! The only thing you're getting from cleveland is GAYlon Edwards!
    Last edited by CleDude; Feb 14, 2010 at 12:03.

AMARE to Cleveland, the deal is done!!! HA HA bitches!!! Lebron wasnt leaving to come to sorry ass new york anyway!!! Leave a your team when they are #1 and you're just entering your prime to a lossing organization that hasnt proven s---!!! What superstar does that?!?!? LMAO What are you guys smoking up there??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! The only thing you're getting from cleveland is GAYlon Edwards!

Anyway, I will be pissed if this goes down. I also heard Jason Richardson was involved in the deal. This would be a worse ass-raping then the Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol trade.