Amare to Cleveland?

johnstarky

Rotation player
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/02/12/amare-to-cleveland-or-knee-jerk-to-celtics/#comments

Seriously, if this trade happens I will stop watching the NBA.There are 25 teams in the NBA that have little to no chance of winning a championship any time soon and the championship contending Cavs might add one of the best big men in the game to strengthen their roster? Hey Kerr, why don't you also include Steve Nash in that deal while you're at it? What a joke this trade would be for the NBA if it transpired.Something needs to get done in the next CBA meetings between the NBA commissioner and the Players Union.Trades like these shouldn't happen, especially when more than half of the teams in the NBA are horrible.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That's just a rumor. I'll believe it when I see it. Just like the trade rumors with the Knicks. Unless it is officially announced, I won't believe it.

Paul1355

All Star
Financial question

how is this posible financially? Do they plan on resigning Shaq, Lebron and Amare and still have Mo Williams big contract and everyone else?

Only the Knicks and Lakers can afford a team like that...atleast thats what I know but if anyone can enlighten me on the cap situation for Cleaveland, that would make a big difference to see if this trade keeps Lebron in Cleaveland in the future.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Amare and Shaq didn't exactly mesh to well together. Jamison or Iggy would probably be the better fit.

The Cavaliers could probably include Ilgauskas in a package to Phoenix, put Amare in the starting lineup and have Shaq come off the bench.I couldn't see anyone stopping the Cavs with Amare as their starting center.

johnstarky

Rotation player
how is this posible financially? Do they plan on resigning Shaq, Lebron and Amare and still have Mo Williams big contract and everyone else?

Only the Knicks and Lakers can afford a team like that...atleast thats what I know but if anyone can enlighten me on the cap situation for Cleaveland, that would make a big difference to see if this trade keeps Lebron in Cleaveland in the future.

I don't see how both Amare and Lebron would want to sign max contracts in a small market like Cleveland and spend the remaining parts of their good NBA careers with the Cavaliers.Even if they were to win a championship together in Cleveland, why would Amare want to waste the next 5 or 6 years playing second fiddle to King James when he could come to a city like NY and be the number 1 guy for the Knicks?

To me, this whole Amare to Cleveland rumor seems like a ploy to convince Lebron that he should stay in Cleveland.There is no guarantee that if Amare signs elsewhere, after winning a championship with the Cavs, that Lebron would do just the opposite and re-sign with his team.Lebron might realize that without another superstar on his team he can't win another NBA championship.And look to sign with a team that already has a superstar player .That is why it is important for Donnie Walsh to get the Knicks as far under the cap as possible even if that means trading Jeffries and buying out most of Curry's contract.The Knicks would look so much attractive to Lebron if they are able to offer a max contract to more than one superstar.

Last edited:

CleDude

Rookie
AMARE to Cleveland, the deal is done!!! HA HA bitches!!! Lebron wasnt leaving to come to sorry ass new york anyway!!! Leave a your team when they are #1 and you're just entering your prime to a lossing organization that hasnt proven s---!!! What superstar does that?!?!? LMAO What are you guys smoking up there??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! The only thing you're getting from cleveland is GAYlon Edwards!

Last edited:

CleDude

Rookie
Its very possible Paul1355, Dan Gilbert has DEEP pockets AND he's been making crazy $$$$ from these past couple of years with this team. WE ARE GOOD!!!

Paul1355

All Star
Its very possible Paul1355, Dan Gilbert has DEEP pockets AND he's been making crazy $$$$ from these past couple of years with this team. WE ARE GOOD!!!

he might have deep pockets but there are bird rights and salary caps that we are talking about here.

knicksin60

Starter

Learn how to root for a team that has won a championship before you decide to make an account just to talk shit.

CleDude

Rookie
Lol, Im from cleveland sooooo why would I not root for the cavs??? And i smell at least 4 championships coming...

Paul1355

All Star
Cmon guys dont worry, you still have the Yankees, Giants, n Jets. You're so selfish LOL

The Knicks have been horrible for too long...that is why we need a whole make over. I am tired of these players getting booed in their own stadium with a different coach every time.

James Dolan= Satan

CleDude

Rookie
Knickin60 Im just trying to let you guys know that you can stop stressing now about Lebron, cuz he is NOT coming to NY, he wasnt without Amare, but he deffinately isnt now!!! Im just trying to help you guys out... On to the next one, start worrying about courting D Wade or something.

knicksin60

Starter
Knickin60 Im just trying to let you guys know that you can stop stressing now about Lebron, cuz he is NOT coming to NY, he wasnt without Amare, but he deffinately isnt now!!! Im just trying to help you guys out... On to the next one, start worrying about courting D Wade or something.

Yeah I'm sure Lebron has already signed himself a contract extension with Cleveland after hearing about the possibility of playing with Amare.Are you Lebron James' agent or something? Or do you just have the knowledge capacity of a special ed student?

The Cavs have yet to win an NBA championship and you're already making absurd predictions about Lebron James' future.

Seems to me like you and other Fagalier fans have been wetting their panties for the past year out of fear that Lebron might come to NY.

GTFO before you make a bigger buffoon of yourself.

CleDude

Rookie
Ummmm, have you guys realized that you're like the only people who think lebron would come to NY. NBA players even know Lebron aint leaving. And if you guys havnt realized it yet, no one really gives a f--- about NY like we use to. I know its hard to realize that when you actually live there but its true. The thought of LBJ leaving Cle to go to NY is hilarious.

knicksin60

Starter
Ummmm, have you guys realized that you're like the only people who think lebron would come to NY. NBA players even know Lebron aint leaving. And if you guys havnt realized it yet, no one really gives a f--- about NY like we use to. I know its hard to realize that when you actually live there but its true. The thought of LBJ leaving Cle to go to NY is hilarious.

Who the **** wants to play in Cleveland aka the Garbage Dump of America North?

Has there ever been a star athlete that's played his entire career in that shithole of a city? A city that hasn't had any of their three major teams win a championship in the past 60 years?

I laugh at stupid Cleveland fans that come here to talk shit even though they root for teams that never win anything.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Is it me or this CleDudde is talking trash out of desperation. Is is me only that smells a sense of urgency in his tone? He knows deep down that LBJ is not staying and neither is Amar'e. And i am not even saying they are coming to NY but they sure as hell are not going to stay in Cleveland. it's a sh!t hole. CC Sabathia knew it and he went elsewhere.

If LBJ want to be a Cav why hasn't he resigned yet?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
AMARE to Cleveland, the deal is done!!! HA HA bitches!!! Lebron wasnt leaving to come to sorry ass new york anyway!!! Leave a your team when they are #1 and you're just entering your prime to a lossing organization that hasnt proven s---!!! What superstar does that?!?!? LMAO What are you guys smoking up there??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! The only thing you're getting from cleveland is GAYlon Edwards!

obvioustroll.jpg