Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: 2010 New York Yankees Season Thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Cool 2010 New York Yankees Season Thread

    The 2010 Season is right around the corner y'all!!


    Check out this NY Yankees season preview from my page:


    The New York Yankees come into the 2010 season with high expectations. And why wouldn't they? Having won the World Series last year, anything less than becoming champions once again this year will be looked as a failure for the Yankees.


    Before we get into the 2010 season, here's a brief overview of the Yankees 2009 championship season...



    In 2009, the Yankees accomplished something that they hadn't accomplished in nine years (damn, that was a long time ago), become baseball's world champions. It was a season were everything fell in to place for the Yankees.


    With key acquisitions of players like Mark Texeira, C.C. Sabathia and A.J. Burnett, the 2009 season seemed like it was shaping up to be a great year for the Yankees.


    It may not have been the longest journey for the Yankees, but it was a trying one. Year after year they had the ability to sign whomever they chose, mainly due to their unlimited payroll, but yet, did not manage to win it all in those years between their last title (2000) and last year's championship. We all knew the talent was there, but they were lacking something much more valuable. Something that turns good teams into great ones. That something was TEAM CHEMISTRY.


    You can't really buy team chemistry. It doesn't sell for $19.99 at your local supermarket. It's something that develops when players become in sync with one another. You learn the ins and outs of each others style of play, which in turn, makes you play as one cohesive unit, and not like individuals anymore. That is what happened to the 2009 NY Yankees. Each player stopped playing for themselves and started playing for one another. We saw this chemistry develop more and more as the season progressed. From the numerous 'come from behind' victories that led to numerous pies in the face, to the helmet tosses at home plate, and the cheering of veterans like Jeter, A-Rod, and Pettitte towards the younger players, the NY Yankees of 2009 now had the chemistry that they had lacked in previous years. Which is the main reason why they came out on top in 2009. They were not just a good team anymore, but a great one.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I see you mentioned chemistry, some would argue that losing Melky affects that, but apparently both Granderson and Winn are major chemistry guys.
    Nice job on the blog! I'm thinking about starting one up too.

  3. #3
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Joe Girardi had his questionable moves but he prevailed. I am proud of Girardi. He managed to gel this team together which Torre could never do. Once Torre lost Bernie, Oniell, Tino, Brosius, all those clutch guys...his time was done and the true colors came out....but hey i might just be talking to fast here.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Joe Girardi had his questionable moves but he prevailed. I am proud of Girardi. He managed to gel this team together which Torre could never do. Once Torre lost Bernie, Oniell, Tino, Brosius, all those clutch guys...his time was done and the true colors came out....but hey i might just be talking to fast here.
    Torre was bad at managing the bullpen. I mean I'm thankful for the 4 WS's and he deserves #6 retired, but by no means is he the greatest manager in Yankee history.

  5. #5
    Superstar th3realicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Torre was bad managing the pitchers period. He overworked his best pitcrs and come crunch time thye just didn't have anything left in the tank.

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Since Torre is history and losing in LA, let's keep this thread about our current Yankee team.

    Signing Javier Vazquez helped alot. We did not really have a 4th starter and now Joba and Hughes can battle for the 5th spot in the rotation.

    Randy Winn just signed with the Yankees. Switch hitter with speed and hits for contact, which we need since we have enough power hitters.

    Winn and Gardner most likely will fight for LF...along with that rule 5 draft pick.

  7. #7
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Hughes For The Roto!!!

  8. #8
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheBig****
    I see you mentioned chemistry, some would argue that losing Melky affects that, but apparently both Granderson and Winn are major chemistry guys.
    Nice job on the blog! I'm thinking about starting one up too.
    Thanks, man. If you're passionate about a certain subject, then go for it. I wanted to start the blog because I love NY Sports, and so I did

  9. #9
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I'm hearing nick johnson is going to be batting either 1 or 2????? WTF???


    it should be Jeter-1 then Cano-2

  10. #10
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    I'm hearing nick johnson is going to be batting either 1 or 2????? WTF???


    it should be Jeter-1 then Cano-2
    Johnson should be batting 2nd. There's nothing wrong with that.


    The reason we got him is because of his ridiculously high On Base Percentage, which was 3rd last year overall. The two in front of him? Joe Mauer and Albert Pujols, the best players in all of baseball. So you got 2 guys real good at getting on base, so Tex, A-Rod, Posada and whatever can bring them home. I believe we will have Jeter-Granderson versus rightys and Jeter-Johnson versus lefties. Cano is great and all, but he is at the bottom of the league in RISP. He's fine where he is.

    Our lineup is fine, Boras not being greedy would have been better. Add Damon to this Granderson+Johnson mix and you got by far the best batting lineup in the MLB.

  11. #11
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Johnson should be batting 2nd. There's nothing wrong with that.


    The reason we got him is because of his ridiculously high On Base Percentage, which was 3rd last year overall. The two in front of him? Joe Mauer and Albert Pujols, the best players in all of baseball. So you got 2 guys real good at getting on base, so Tex, A-Rod, Posada and whatever can bring them home. I believe we will have Jeter-Granderson versus rightys and Jeter-Johnson versus lefties. Cano is great and all, but he is at the bottom of the league in RISP. He's fine where he is.

    Our lineup is fine, Boras not being greedy would have been better. Add Damon to this Granderson+Johnson mix and you got by far the best batting lineup in the MLB.
    yea Robby Cano hits into alot of double plays and can go on these streaks were he just KILLS rallies.

    We would have never been a championship team if Damon was batting low in the lineup and Cano was batting 2nd. Seriously.

    Cano is awesome but on this team he is still a solid hitter in the 5th or 6th spot...no harm in that.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    mark my words yankees will repeat

  13. #13
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Yankees are #1 at the halfway point!!!!

    All-star game tonight, check it out everyone... I'm pretty sure they will have some sort of tribute for both Bob and George.

  14. #14
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Joba needs to go to AAA and straighten his ass up, he's been horrible this year.

  15. #15
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Joba needs to go to AAA and straighten his ass up, he's been horrible this year.
    Robertson has emerged as a clutch pitcher with a dirty curveball. Our new 8th inning man.

    Kerry Wood can pitch in the 7th inning.

    Joba is now a random middle reliever. With some work he can be back to the dominate pitcher he was. Just remember how great he was in clutch spots, he needs that fire back. If not then trade him.

Similar Threads

  1. Houston Rockets vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/9/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2009, 01:21
  2. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 15:00
  3. Chicago Bulls vs New York Knicks Game Thread 12/30
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Dec 30, 2007, 23:00
  4. New York - Dallas Game Thread
    By NYK Man8 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2004, 12:42
  5. New York @ Cleveland Thread
    By NYK Man8 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2003, 10:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •