Michael Kay on Knicks loss to Kings and exposes Mike D!

Paul1355

All Star
I will as soon as I find out who this Michael Kay fellow is.

yea man seriously Michael Kay is on every Yankees pre game and post game show...probably the biggest name next to Mike Francesca when it comes to talk radio.

If you dont know who he is then listen to the podcast anyway. He is on 1050 ESPN radio everyday...you need to be known to be on ESPN radio.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Thanks for posting the link. i`ve just listened to it and agree with everything that Michael Kay said.

"Duhon couldn`t hit the side of a barn" - great comment and so true.

Losing to the Kings was embarassing but particularly how we lost. the last shot in the game and Du-nothing takes a long three. Then in overtime Jeffries takes a three, my god, what terrible coaching.

I like when Kay said "The team are going nowhere so where is Jordan Hill, why isn`t he starting?"

Brilliant and too true. This team isn`t going to make the playoffs and we know all about the players so why not put Hill in to start? Why not play Douglas? What is the point of playing players that we already know are dreadful and not playing our two young players that are still, to some extent, unknown quantities.

D`Antoni is a joke, his rotation changes are a disaster. As Kay said, it`s halfway through the season and he still doesn`t know what his rotation is. The coaches substitutions are dreadful also.

Paul1355

All Star
Thanks for posting the link. i`ve just listened to it and agree with everything that Michael Kay said.

"Duhon couldn`t hit the side of a barn" - great comment and so true.

Losing to the Kings was embarassing but particularly how we lost. the last shot in the game and Du-nothing takes a long three. Then in overtime Jeffries takes a three, my god, what terrible coaching.

I like when Kay said "The team are going nowhere so where is Jordan Hill, why isn`t he starting?"

Brilliant and too true. This team isn`t going to make the playoffs and we know all about the players so why not put Hill in to start? Why not play Douglas? What is the point of playing players that we already know are dreadful and not playing our two young players that are still, to some extent, unknown quantities.

D`Antoni is a joke, his rotation changes are a disaster. As Kay said, it`s halfway through the season and he still doesn`t know what his rotation is. The coaches substitutions are dreadful also.

hey scipio i loved those quotes you pointed out...i actually laughed a couple of times because everything i have been saying for weeks, mike kay said all in a matter of ten minutes and was 100% right on everything. Mike D has no clue what is going on and it is slowly being discovered by main stream sports media every day.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
My d'antoni gets and F grade this season for coaching this team. Herb Williams would have done a much better job!

what we are seeing here, is another great coach who won coach of the year in a stacked western conference, is a legend in europe, and has an amazing track record being swallowed up slowly by the media, fans, and a terribly pieced together roster stemming from the days of frank layden. I give Mike D alot of respect for not flying off the handle yet. We can pick at his rotation, his late game subs, his inconsistency in handling his players, but the bottom line ( and any real fan who knows basketball will agree) our team is just terrible.

Again

I repeat

No coach in the league could figuratively or literally drag this team into the playoffs.

Can Michael Kay who is the most obnoxious opinionated fool in talk radio ( which in hindsight means he is really good at his job ) and every one on this site please stop with the nonsensical bashing of a coach who has a team playing as well as their talent can perform.

If we get 2 stars or we put a winning team on the floor and we dont make the playoffs next year

I will be the first one to call for Mike D's head on a platter, but until then
look at our roster

look at every other winning team in the leagues roster

and thats the only thing any one should be talking about.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread, Paul.

Mike D'Antoni is very overrated, and he ruined the Knicks' chances of getting Brook Lopez.

He also likes to start Chris Duhomo and Jared Jeffries ahead of Nate Robinson, Toney Douglas, Al Harrington, and Jordan Hill.

D'Antonisexuals need to fall back.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PLy5DFR7NM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Kiyaman

Legend
what we are seeing here, is another great coach who won coach of the year in a stacked western conference, is a legend in europe, and has an amazing track record being swallowed up slowly by the media, fans, and a terribly pieced together roster stemming from the days of frank layden. I give Mike D alot of respect for not flying off the handle yet. We can pick at his rotation, his late game subs, his inconsistency in handling his players, but the bottom line ( and any real fan who knows basketball will agree) our team is just terrible.

Again

I repeat

No coach in the league could figuratively or literally drag this team into the playoffs.

Can Michael Kay who is the most obnoxious opinionated fool in talk radio ( which in hindsight means he is really good at his job ) and every one on this site please stop with the nonsensical bashing of a coach who has a team playing as well as their talent can perform.

If we get 2 stars or we put a winning team on the floor and we dont make the playoffs next year

look at our roster

Cut it out.....Dantoni is a BUM! capital B

The Knicks had one problem.....President/Coach Isiah Thomas!

I just watched David Lee and Zach Randolph in the All-Star game....did'nt the two players give us 6 wins in our first 10 games before Zach was traded?
or does the 1-9 start mean nothing?
try this on for size, the 2003-4 Phoenix Suns FIRED their headcoach for starting the season with a 1-9 start, which made the return from Italy assistant Dantoni their interim headcoach.
Dantoni only coached the Denver Nuggets for a half a season before they FIRED him, and he went back to Italy for a year.

tiger0330

Legend
Cut it out.....Dantoni is a BUM! capital B

I agree, he's overpaid and overrated. Sometimes there are critical games that get a coach fired, maybe the Kings game is that turning point for D'Antoni. He better have the team playing better post ASG, trade or no trade, or it'll be "Hasta la vista, baby" to Mike D'Antoni.

Paul1355

All Star
Mike D debate is over

Again

I repeat

look at our roster

dontforgetderekharper....listen to what your saying.

ANY coach can do better than what our record is right now!

We are not worse than the Timberwolves or the Kings and we lost to both of them in horrible ways! How many eggs is Mike D going to lay before you realize what fans are realizing everyday? Mike D is going from our savior to someone who is a fake.

He always passes blame to the other players and never to himself. He never has an answer for his team "lack of energy". If George Steinbrener heard that from a yankee coach, he'd fire him on the spot no questions asked. I don;t see why there is still a love fest for Mike D.

If Mike D can't make these players play 100% then he is over rated im sorry. He had so many chances to get a lineup together and figure out who is good at what and he is still clueless!

Answer this....how long does it take a pro coach to realize his own players? one year? two years? It should take a couple of practices! seriously as Mike Kay said "this is ridiculous"

We have to start questioning him more. If you don't see he is over rated than you clearly have not watched enough knicks games my friend. This is the "genius" offensive minded coach...what genius would start Duhon and Jeffries knowing that you would limit your offense to only the three other players on the lineup???

We need a defensive assistant coach if Mike D is going to stay because clearly Mike D knows nothing about defense WHICH HE IS KNOWN FOR SADLY!

His reputation has been proven correct in the negatives and is not proven with the positives...end of story.

i dont know what dream world you all live in
but if you are telling me this team is under achieving with mike d right now I have lost all confidence in new york knick's fans

I find your claims all similar to the young idiots who say lil wayne is one of the best rappers alive.

Its ridiculous

the knicks suck

am I a fan of the organization yes, but this current roster no

we are undersized under manned undertalented
and undermanned at every position except maybe PF which Lee considered a Center is unable to play.

we are only better than the nets, kings, t wolves, warriors, and pacers.

Other than that we are a far cry away from every other team in the league.

The fact we have done this well is amazing to me.

Stop arguing for the sake of making a point

bash the team, bash the gm
bash former gms

but you cannot down Mike D until he has the chance to coach real players in NY

You just cant

im not even sweating Mike D im just being realistic, you cannot knock the guy for our record

we SUCK

Blumatic

Rotation player
Some of you people are way too horny for personnel change. From Van Gundy, to Chaney, Wilkens, Willams, Brown, Thomas to no D'antoni.

You cant win with crappy team. All these coaches changed lineups constantly. Larry Brown set a record for lineup changes (42 changes).

We need a good team.

Do you think Doc Rivers is that much better that D'antoni. Rivers was supposed to be "fired". Kudos to GM Danny Ainge to understanding that his team sucks and switch coaches would be pointless. What happens the next year.......He wins a championship WITH A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ROSTER WITH GARNETT and ALLEN along with PIERCE.

So say we fired D'antoni, who do we get? WHo's available? Byron Scott? Avery Johnson? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yea thats what I thought. So calm down guys.

Paul1355

All Star
Some of you people are way too horny for personnel change. From Van Gundy, to Chaney, Wilkens, Willams, Brown, Thomas to no D'antoni.

You cant win with crappy team. All these coaches changed lineups constantly. Larry Brown set a record for lineup changes (42 changes).

We need a good team.

Do you think Doc Rivers is that much better that D'antoni. Rivers was supposed to be "fired". Kudos to GM Danny Ainge to understanding that his team sucks and switch coaches would be pointless. What happens the next year.......He wins a championship WITH A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ROSTER WITH GARNETT and ALLEN along with PIERCE.

So say we fired D'antoni, who do we get? WHo's available? Byron Scott? Avery Johnson? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yea thats what I thought. So calm down guys.

the fact that there is no "energy" or "spirit" or "will to play" is the coaches fault...when players dont want to hustle 100% then dont play them and yet he still plays these guys...Mike D sucks

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I love the part about D'Antoni not having a "set rotation" at this point in the year. If he had a a "set rotation" and was sticking with it when the team is 12 games under 500 he should be fired. He tries different things to see if they work, because the status quo isn't.