Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

WFAN audience is mostly old white guys from Jersey, Long Island, Westchester, Queens...they have no NBA insight to share. Just NHL, NFL, and a lot of BS on baseball. They talk a lot of sh*t.

Default Same Crap Different Year

Nearly six years after this thread was first posted on the KO forum and WFAN is still the same Bull Crap radio station that it was back then. Nothing much has changed.After about a couple of years of ditching that station I tune in to investigate whether they might be discussing the current NY sports team that is having some success, but instead the main topic is on whether the Mets will re-sign Yoenis Cespedas. Talk about a station that could care very little about basketball or the Knicks fan base. Even though the baseball WS was over more than 2 months ago and pitcher's and catcher's don't report to Spring Training until another month, these people act like NY only has one sport worth paying attention to. They might as well rename their station to WMLB or WMET. What a joke!
    Humility is a virtue and pride is a vice.

Knicksin60 how you bump these old threads is amazing. Must have been a history major in college and the right guy to run that Today in Knicks History thread.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Knicksin60 how you bump these old threads is amazing. Must have been a history major in college and the right guy to run that Today in Knicks History thread.
    Thank you! I come from a family background that enjoys history. Never took it as a major but my memory helps me to remember a lot of events from the past.

At least Michael Kay talks Knicks (almost daily at some point)... With APPs and access to so much out there... Why would anybody listen to WFAN?

Yeah I noticed this last season. No matter if it's the off-season of football or baseball or not, that's all I hear about.

btw is there any good NBA podcasts out there? I posted a few years ago asking about a good Knicks one, and somebody responded with a good one from Anthony Donahue, but his wasn't the best quality and not always on (quality was fine enough for me, just like up to date ones). I love podcasts, but I don't know of any good general NBA/Knicks ones. I don't care for The Starters which plays on NBA TV, what I heard of anyway.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

Yeah... The knicksblog.com is the only podcast I've checked out.

Originally Posted by mafra
    At least Michael Kay talks Knicks (almost daily at some point)... With APPs and access to so much out there... Why would anybody listen to WFAN?
    I agree! People like to criticize Michael Kay for a number of things but one thing that Kay does is talk about other NY sports teams besides the Yankees, Mets, Giants and Jets. As much as people don't like the guy I'd rather listen to him than Mike Francesa.