Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: We are way too obsessed with 2010...whatever happen the NBA draft?

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default We are way too obsessed with 2010...whatever happen the NBA draft?

    So many NBA teams have transformed their franchises through the NBA draft.

    How about we counter the NBA?
    Everyone is so hungry for 2010.
    Let them fight for it, because not everyone is getting Wade, Bosh, Lebron etc... only like 4-5 teams, the rest are assed out.

    Unless LeBron gurantees he's out of Cleveland, I wouldn't risk it all for 2010.

    We got alot of years ahead of us.
    2011.
    2012.
    2013.

    etc.

    Theres other ways in being a good team.
    and we will be under the cap and can sign some key guys...we don't have to blow the cap away all in one year.

    Rudy Gay is obviously a special player in 2010, if we don't overpay(which is impossible to do in sports today), we did good in 2010.

    and in 2011, we could get someone else.

    and keep the trend going.

    You get me?

  2. #2
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i like the idea of going after Gay hes an allstar in the making and with this system his numbers would explode kinda like how Lee's did and put him on the spotlight.......i would love to get Gay resign Lee and get other great players that would fill out our starting 5 and make us an overall TEAM not a 2 position team like most knick fans want

  3. #3
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    sure but gay probably wants close to the max and then we gonna be still insanely stacked at sf and pretty weak everywhere else. don't think anyone is gonna trade us a high 2010 pick so our best hope for 2010 is the plan.

    no one can guarantee lbj leaving cleveland but if we have 36 mill capspace, douglas, wil, gallo and maybe tyrus we are in better shape than cle if you ask me.

  4. #4
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ehhhh lets go with this as a backup plan...

  5. #5
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    sure but gay probably wants close to the max and then we gonna be still insanely stacked at sf and pretty weak everywhere else. don't think anyone is gonna trade us a high 2010 pick so our best hope for 2010 is the plan.

    no one can guarantee lbj leaving cleveland but if we have 36 mill capspace, douglas, wil, gallo and maybe tyrus we are in better shape than cle if you ask me.
    true but he already is winning in cleveland unno if he'd be wanting to repeat with the Knicks what hes doing with Cleveland....getting close, so he wants that second superstar so he can basically guarantee a championship he wants 7 loll

  6. #6
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    this is how I've always felt.

    the way i see it is, if the cavs win the title, he's not comin here period.if they don't and we don't have space for bosh, he's not comin either. the price might be to steep for donnie.

    suppose the wizards win the lottery, we could adsorb(or trade eddy and jeffries expirings contracts) most of arenas's contract and land the first pick.in essence 70 plus mill is a lot to pay for for the first overall pick, but i rather do that, than mortgage the damn future hoping lebron comes over here.

  7. #7
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    that could happen but...i dont think most NY fans want to watch like 2+ years of knicks sucking...and slowly getting better...cuz for me..im getting tired of watching them play their whackass games.....

  8. #8
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    lol at ferry.he wants maggette and the warriors first round pick for ilgauskas.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    i'd inlcude them in those teams who's pick we can land by absorbing deals.

    wall and cousins for the win!

    i'd be willing to send both chandler and hill to both washington and golden state with expirings and their picks.

    wall
    ?
    ?
    gallinari
    cousins

  9. #9
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    So many NBA teams have transformed their franchises through the NBA draft.

    How about we counter the NBA?
    Everyone is so hungry for 2010.
    Let them fight for it, because not everyone is getting Wade, Bosh, Lebron etc... only like 4-5 teams, the rest are assed out.

    Unless LeBron gurantees he's out of Cleveland, I wouldn't risk it all for 2010.

    We got alot of years ahead of us.
    2011.
    2012.
    2013.

    etc.

    Theres other ways in being a good team.
    and we will be under the cap and can sign some key guys...we don't have to blow the cap away all in one year.

    Rudy Gay is obviously a special player in 2010, if we don't overpay(which is impossible to do in sports today), we did good in 2010.

    and in 2011, we could get someone else.

    and keep the trend going.

    You get me?
    Good post...I've been saying the similar thing all along.

    I think Jody Mac on ESPN Radio said it best, "[Donnie] is a persistent guy...He stayed the course, give Donnie Walsh credit...he's done everything to get out from underneath as much cap responsibility as possible. The Knicks have had cap problems since they traded Patrick Ewing...they traded Patrick and had to take contracts back in return, and then those contracts became other contracts...they've been in cap hell ever since. All Donnie had to do was getter under the cap, and he's done it as quickly as humanly possible."

    Isiah had us spinning our wheels, doesn't anyone seem to recall that? We kept getting bad contract, after bad contract, after bad contract, trying to win now with washed up stars. It's ****ty because all of those years when we SHOULD have been making smart/good draft picks, we spent trading for Eddy Curry and Steve Francis.

    With us under the cap, of course, it will be disheartening if/when we don't get LBJ or one of the big guys...but at the same time, we are now in position to make one or two moves, wait it out for a year, get a lottery draft pick and hopefully land someone good in that draft.

    I like the Rudy Gay idea metro. I doubt this guy gets overpaid, but he can get to the bucket and just score. He doesn't have much of a perimeter game, but if Gallo becomes the 3-ball threat we hope and we get Rudy Gay, then Wilson Chandler becomes a move-able trade chip (possibly for a decent PG). Gay I think would fit in well for this squad.

    The point is, I don't think it's all about 2010 landing LBJ or one of the top guys. It's being able to make any move at all, which Donnie has us in position to do and Isiah would not have had us in position to do for the next century. It's flexibility. It's being able to ACTUALLY rebuild, the RIGHT way...like how Oklahoma City did it, even a team like Memphis plus being able to get a contributor (even if not LBJ) right away.

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yea...Portland(Their whole team), OKC(Westbrook,Harden,Green,Durant), Orlando(Howard, Nelson), Hornets(Paul), Jazz(Williams, Brewer).

    Most importantly
    Look at the Hawks two big men in Horford and Smith....

    The draft will get us value.
    Even if the players aren't good, prospects can get you a KG type player or a Pau Gasol player...ask the Lakers and Celtics.

    If Walsh trades the 2012 draft pick to Houston, we're ****ed....seriously.

    We can't trade first rounders anymore.
    2nd round picks, yes...but first rounders is a no no.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,920
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    So many NBA teams have transformed their franchises through the NBA draft.

    How about we counter the NBA?
    Everyone is so hungry for 2010.
    Let them fight for it, because not everyone is getting Wade, Bosh, Lebron etc... only like 4-5 teams, the rest are assed out.

    Unless LeBron gurantees he's out of Cleveland, I wouldn't risk it all for 2010.

    We got alot of years ahead of us.
    2011.
    2012.
    2013.

    etc.

    Theres other ways in being a good team.
    and we will be under the cap and can sign some key guys...we don't have to blow the cap away all in one year.

    Rudy Gay is obviously a special player in 2010, if we don't overpay(which is impossible to do in sports today), we did good in 2010.

    and in 2011, we could get someone else.

    and keep the trend going.

    You get me?

    When u have a team like the Knicks, and money like Dolan.......u get an offense/defense veteran headcoach with a very long coaching-staff.
    So they can develope veteran and young players into a unit that performs together on both sides of the court. u dont need any star player....look at the Houston Rockets

    What common-sense 2010 FA wants to be part of the Knicks???

  12. #12
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Yea...Portland(Their whole team), OKC(Westbrook,Harden,Green,Durant), Orlando(Howard, Nelson), Hornets(Paul), Jazz(Williams, Brewer).

    Most importantly
    Look at the Hawks two big men in Horford and Smith....

    The draft will get us value.
    Even if the players aren't good, prospects can get you a KG type player or a Pau Gasol player...ask the Lakers and Celtics.

    If Walsh trades the 2012 draft pick to Houston, we're ****ed....seriously.

    We can't trade first rounders anymore.
    2nd round picks, yes...but first rounders is a no no.

    Agreed 100%... I'm tired of the Isiah era where we threw in a couple of first round picks to "sweeten the deal". Enough of that bull****, hardball the Rockets. They either take Hill and Jeffries, or no deal. None of the bull**** of us giving up our future in the next three years. Eddy Curry already royally screwed us up the *******, no need to repeat that trend.

    On a side note...Sam Presti is a hero.

  13. #13
    Newbie NDIRISH7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    great post all i can say is...



    if ur right..UR RIGHT!

Similar Threads

  1. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2009, 23:27
  2. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 09:43
  3. Walsh Transcript
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2009, 14:20
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 27, 2008, 18:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •