Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: TMAC deal "almost" finalized!!!

Default TMAC deal "almost" finalized!!!

The Knicks and Rockets are reportedly finalizing a trade to send Tracy McGrady to New York.

The Knicks have agreed to give the Rockets the right to swap first-round picks in 2011 and the Knicks will send the Rockets their 2012 first-round pick. Details on protections attached to the two picks is the sole issue remaining to be resolved.

The trade creates approximately $9.5 million additional salary cap room this summer and likely gives the Knicks the ability to offer two maximum contracts.

New York would package Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill and the expiring contract of Larry Hughes to Houston.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Niiiiiiice Hughes and not Harrington, that leaves the Bulls trade open

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

yea man im pretty hyped by this, i been wanting Thomas also so we could still possibly get him these next 2 days will be interesting

Yeah I bitched on the Tyrus trade at first but that was before I knew we were gonna free up all this cap... now it makes more sense for us since we can probably retain him and his defense is gonna replace the loss of Jefferies defense

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

exactly man i just hope we do something with all this damn cap!

How is anyone happy with this trade? we give up our first round pick this year, swap picks in 2011 and give them our sure fire lottery pick in 2012. For what? getting Jeffries off the books for next year? This is a horrible horrible trade, in the mold of something Isaiah would do. If this happens i will have a hard time caring anymore. This is a joke,

Originally Posted by Supermansdaddy
    How is anyone happy with this trade? we give up our first round pick this year, swap picks in 2011 and give them our sure fire lottery pick in 2012. For what? getting Jeffries off the books for next year? This is a horrible horrible trade, in the mold of something Isaiah would do. If this happens i will have a hard time caring anymore. This is a joke,
    What are you talking about? We don't have a pick this year... Houston are not even a playoff team anymore so its potentially a lottery pick swap in 2011... And by 2012 if we get the free agents we are going to have money for we will be a playoff team so that pick won't even be in the lottery.

Originally Posted by smokes
    What are you talking about? We don't have a pick this year... Houston are not even a playoff team anymore so its potentially a lottery pick swap in 2011... And by 2012 if we get the free agents we are going to have money for we will be a playoff team so that pick won't even be in the lottery.
    Agreed. If we Sign LeBron and another max, getting Houston's pick in 2011 might actually be BETTER than keeping our own pick. This is a risky trade, but if Plan A for 2010 goes as planned and we sign LeBron, Bosh and retain Lee and McGrady....then we are looking at a dynasty. I'm willing to part with Jordan Hill for that chance. I understand the arguments against this because its VERY risky. But i'm tired of sucking and this risk could finally bring the Knicks out of mediocrity.

And hell if our 2010 free agency ends with us getting LBJ/Bosh/Wade even our 2011 pick is unlikely to be lottery... plus they will be protected unlike Isaiah trades lol...

Originally Posted by Supermansdaddy
    Think about this.

If this trade goes through, the Knicks can, on July 1, offer contracts to BOTH LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. They can have the owners there and Walt Frazier and Letterman and Jon Stewart and A Rod and Jeter and Donald Trump and Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni can present their vision of the next 5 years, and how they have a chance to do something bigger than anything that has ever been done.

In New York City.

This trade gives them that chance. It is not 100% that it is going to work. Hell, it isn't even 50%. But there is a strong possibility they may weigh the pros and cons and think it is just too much of an opportunity. The opportunity of a lifetime.

This deal only makes sense if you are bringing in Lebron and another stud like Bosh. If we end up with Joe Johnson and other "almost superstars" I will be pissed. I hope Waslh knows that this move gets us Lebron.

Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Agreed. If we Sign LeBron and another max, getting Houston's pick in 2011 might actually be BETTER than keeping our own pick. This is a risky trade, but if Plan A for 2010 goes as planned and we sign LeBron, Bosh and retain Lee and McGrady....then we are looking at a dynasty. I'm willing to part with Jordan Hill for that chance. I understand the arguments against this because its VERY risky. But i'm tired of sucking and this risk could finally bring the Knicks out of mediocrity.

we would never be able to retain both Lee and Mcgrady if we signed both Lebron and Bosh.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    This deal only makes sense if you are bringing in Lebron and another stud like Bosh. If we end up with Joe Johnson and other "almost superstars" I will be pissed. I hope Waslh knows that this move gets us Lebron.
    Same here dude.....

But without the trade that'd be virtually impossible.

It's a double ended dildo that could either pleasure NY and it's fans (so much homo) or violently rape everyone's anus.

Originally Posted by smokes
    I meant Hill, he was our first round pick. I should have said last years.

Originally Posted by Hitman
    Think about this.

If this trade goes through, the Knicks can, on July 1, offer contracts to BOTH LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. They can have the owners there and Walt Frazier and Letterman and Jon Stewart and A Rod and Jeter and Donald Trump and Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni can present their vision of the next 5 years, and how they have a chance to do something bigger than anything that has ever been done.

In New York City.

This trade gives them that chance. It is not 100% that it is going to work. Hell, it isn't even 50%. But there is a strong possibility they may weigh the pros and cons and think it is just too much of an opportunity. The opportunity of a lifetime.
    There's too many ifs there for me. I realize it gives us enough cap to sign 2 stud guys, but there is no guarantee any of them will come here. I don't even think they should come here if i were them. Bron doesn't gain much by living in NYC over Cle. He already has all the endorsement deals he could possibly get. I don't see Wade coming here either, especially if he gets Bosh or Amare on the heat. So i fear we are going to do all this for Joe Johnson, who is nice, but not worth this risk. Im just a little surprised more people don't see this like i do.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

LeBron and Wade on the same team is retarded.
    Not enough ball to share.

Grab one, and give him good players to play with.
    Both guys have proven they can carry their teams to the Finals.