Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knicks vs Chicago Bulls game thread 2-17

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets finished with a better record than the Knicks.

Could anyone explain to me why Brad Miller has his best games against the Knicks? For the past decade this guy has murdered the Knicks.Why do the Knicks always have to be victims to a player with the last name Miller?

Sad to learn again that Gallo can't hit the cluch shot. Oh well.

CHI announcers crack me up. Gallo is like 10-60 shooting against CHI this year and they'll ripping him apart.

Nice to see my guy Taj light up the Knicks. Too bad we passed on him.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Mike Breen just announced it, Jeffries out rest of the game sore right knee. Knicks are only up by 2 84-82 starting the 4th.
    Just shows you how dumb this org is. Why would you even play JJ tonight? Even risk it? I'll laugh so hard if it turns out we cannot trade JJ b/c he gets hurt hours before the trade deadline.

Could someone tell these guys that the Knicks don't have a draft pick this year?

Damn another bad loss.

Veteran

The guys lost but at least it wasn't by 33. They at least ran the play that was drawn up when they were down by 3, Gallo taking the 3 coming off a Lee screen, Gallo just missed it. Tough loss but at least it was a decent effort.

Veteran

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    He looked fine in the first half. Ok lets say he does have a sore knee, but what's the explanation for Hughes?
    I been asking myself that same question about Hughes vs Chicago all season, Hughes has yet to play against Chicago all season long.
    I doubt if it is a trade tonight, but Hughes not being on the bench had Dantoni worried all 2nd half.
    Another loss at MSG to a poor road team...

Gallo is not a finisher or anywhere near being a CLOSER

A loss is still a loss.As bad as the Knicks were last year, the 2008-09 Knicks look like the '72 Lakers next to the 2009-10 Knicks.

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    A loss is still a loss.As bad as the Knicks were last year, the 2008-09 Knicks look like the '72 Lakers next to the 2009-10 Knicks.

I've been following the Knicks since the late 70s.... Seen some BAD teams. I've never seen a team this pathetic. Nothing worse than watching a team with no heart, sit there and brick 25-foot shots night after night. Fail to even step in and play help defense, pass the ball....

Even if this team is close, they'll just choke down the stretch. Right now, there is no hope, no future, nothing.

We have a false sense of calm.... presently.... because we're all buying into the fantasy that some magic elixir await us this summer. Boy I hope so. Otherwise we toss out the last decade... we have to move beyond the BS we were sold the last 2 years.... and we'll be left with this!

Gallo is no Gordon or Lopez, we got Hill when EVERYONE on the planet begged for anything but him. Yikes!

Actually, Gallo is 17-58 (10-36 from 3), 18 rebounds this year against CHI in 4 games (NY is 1-3).
    Last edited by mafra; Feb 17, 2010 at 21:21.

Bad Bad loss. And I'd rather have Gallo miss clutch shots this year, than next year. Give him the oppurtunity, hes missed a couple, and made a couple, he'll be fine.

Chandler was impressive. But he doesn't get to the free throw line all that often. Great scorers will get at least 7-8 attempts at the free throw line. Will only got 2 attempts. But seeing him score a 3 pointer was riveting, and horrifying at the same time. Riveting if he can somehow get a consistent 3 pointer, but horrifying if he still sucks at them but starts to fall in love with them. Hopefully it's the first choice.

Originally Posted by mafra
    I've been following the Knicks since the late 70s.... Seen some BAD teams. I've never seen a team this pathetic. Nothing worse than watching a team with no heart, sit there and brick 25-foot shots night after night. Fail to even step in and play help defense, pass the ball....
    That's what you call being in the moment. The 2007-2008 year was so much worse than this year. We have no talent this year, we had a good amount of individual talent in 07-08. Unfortunetely we were coached by Isiah Thomas who sucked. The talent he did bring together didn't mesh whatsoever. And teamwork was taboo during that season. This season is not nearly as bad as that year. Don't you lie, you know Isiah's last year was the most PATHETIC team in Knicks history, maybe even NBA history.
    Last edited by knickzrulezH20; Feb 17, 2010 at 21:56.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Sad to learn again that Gallo can't hit the cluch shot. Oh well.
    CHI announcers crack me up. Gallo is like 10-60 shooting against CHI this year and they'll ripping him apart.
    I would've luv to listen to the Bulls commentators than our fake a..ss phoney-Breen and whomever is with him. Mark Jackson is announcing the Phoenix vs Dallas game. This Knick organization can not help from hiring phoney people.

Gallo is a 3-point-shooter, and has never hit a clutch-shot this season, and the reason why is his uncle Dantoni has not written-up plays for him or taught him anything the last two seasons.
    Clutch-shooters dont miss 2-open shots in a row.
    The Knicks clutch-shooters are Harrington, Nate, and Chandler.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    That's what you call being in the moment. The 2007-2008 year was so much worse than this year. We have no talent this year, we had a good amount of individual talent in 07-08. Unfortunetely we were coached by Isiah Thomas who sucked. The talent he did bring together didn't mess whatsoever. And teamwork was taboo during that season. This season is not nearly as bad as that year. Don't you lie, you know Isiah's last year was the most PATHETIC team in Knicks history, maybe even NBA history.
    Mafra mention he been watching the Knicks since the 70's, which means he watched 40 straight years of hard hustling defense from a team....Isiah did change the team into an all offensive-player team but.....but to hire a one-dimensional offensive coach that is clueless of defense....is worse than Isiah

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Mafra mention he been watching the Knicks since the 70's, which means he watched 40 straight years of hard hustling defense from a team....Isiah did change the team into an all offensive-player team but.....but to hire a one-dimensional offensive coach that is clueless of defense....is worse than Isiah
    I'd much rather labor through this year, where I can at least see Gallo, Chandler, and Lee grow rather than have to watch Eddy McFlurry and Z-Bo in the same frontcourt....brings back nightmares