The Official Tracey McGrady Thread

metrocard

Legend
Wilson Chandler is becoming invisible in my eyes when T'Mac is on the floor...T'Mac can do whatever Chandler does, that makes Chandler null...and realistically speaking useless.

I know you guys think I'm hard on him, but I rather see someone we can actually use...don't be suprised by the next couple of games Chandler will disappear.

th3realicon

Rotation player
I don't think is just Chandler. Gallo has been struggling too. I think they just hit that point where they really tired and stopped caring since we ain't making the play offs and the lottery pick would go elsewhere anyways.

metrocard

Legend
McGrady on Lee: 'I love playing with him' ?

By Frank Isola

Tracy McGrady's ringing endorsement of David Lee will serve Lee well during his big free agent summer. Lee could use McGrady's quote as a recommendation with the resume: "I love playing with him," T-Mac said of Lee. "He's a very smart basketball player. He sets good screens. He knows when to set a good screen, he knows when to slip. He has great hands for a big guy. I really enjoy playing with him."

Lee had one of his better all around games in Tuesday's loss to the Celtics. Boston's Kendrick Perkins, who is being promoted for the All-Defensive team, couldn't handle him. And Lee even put a little more thought and commitment into his one-on-one defense against Boston's front line.

But if Lee does return - I'm guessing Mike D'Antoni wants him while Donnie Walsh is still in the deliberation stage - he shouldn't come back as the team's starting center. Lee needs to play his natural position, power forward. I understand that when the Knicks play small, Lee has a quickness advantage over most centers. He just might be the most improved offensive player in the league this year.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
T-Mac has been extremely productive so far when you consider he is only playing a little over half of each game. If we could only get this guy up to full game shape with maybe 15 games left, he could really make a big difference for us (I don't mean in terms of the playoffs because I know our chances are all but shot)

Goodfella

Rookie
T-Mac has been extremely productive so far when you consider he is only playing a little over half of each game. If we could only get this guy up to full game shape with maybe 15 games left, he could really make a big difference for us (I don't mean in terms of the playoffs because I know our chances are all but shot)

His knee's are still bothering him, you can tell when he goes to the bench to take a breather how he winces when he goes to sit down.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
McGrady has been doing really good so far. Last night against the Wizards he dropped 23 points in 25 minutes, but he didn't play at all in the 4th quarter and overtime. Even Walt Frazier was suprised by this move, because he repeatedly wondered why McGrady wasn't being put in down the stretch. It didn't really make sense to me.

I hope we can gradually start to play him more.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Probably because they're still trying to be cautious with his injuries. It's really amazing how he despite his knee injury he's a better player than anybody else on our team (23 points in only 25 minutes is quite impressive no matter how you look at it)

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
McGrady has been doing really good so far. Last night against the Wizards he dropped 23 points in 25 minutes, but he didn't play at all in the 4th quarter and overtime. Even Walt Frazier was suprised by this move, because he repeatedly wondered why McGrady wasn't being put in down the stretch. It didn't really make sense to me.

I hope we can gradually start to play him more.

Have you watched any of D'antoni's post game press conferences? He always covers this as it's usually one of the first questions. He plays Mcgrady as long as Mcgrady tells him he has the energy to play. He asks Mcgrady throughout the game how he's feeling. He was going to put him in with 3.49 left in regulation but Mcgrady shook his head to let him know he didn't have anything left.

engr_alex

Rookie
they should stick to playing him 15-25mins a game. d'antoni's had experience playing someone coming back from microfracture (amare). it's an up and down experience and he's correct in saying that it will all depend on what tmac says.

but i think he should play tmac on the 2nd half of games instead of the first half. let lee hold the fort for the first half and let tmac help in finishing the games.

spiegel8

Rookie
Tmac is making a fool out of himself with his pussy and weak antics. people have played with much worser injuries and didnt decide to shut it down during games. manup tmac and stop being a beiotch.

spiegel8

Rookie
Probably because they're still trying to be cautious with his injuries. It's really amazing how he despite his knee injury he's a better player than anybody else on our team (23 points in only 25 minutes is quite impressive no matter how you look at it)
Honestly i'm a big mac fan, but Lee is the best player on this team. tracy cn be, but he is to much of a pussy right now.

metrocard

Legend
Tracy McGrady said he would be willing to recruit LeBron James and other free agents this summer, even though he will be a free agent as well with an uncertain future.

"I would like to play with a lot of those guys that are going to be a free agent," McGrady said. "And I'm sure this is a very attractive place to play. You have the bright lights, big stage every night. You've got the most passionate fans in basketball. And this is the mecca of basketball. This is it. So very attractive place, and I'm sure a lot of guys will definitely consider that."

Nice....I'm loving T'Mac right now.

Paul1355

All Star
Wilson Chandler is becoming invisible in my eyes when T'Mac is on the floor...T'Mac can do whatever Chandler does, that makes Chandler null...and realistically speaking useless.

I know you guys think I'm hard on him, but I rather see someone we can actually use...don't be suprised by the next couple of games Chandler will disappear.

then let's trade Chandler for a young big man like Roy Hibbert

Tmac is making a fool out of himself with his pussy and weak antics. people have played with much worser injuries and didnt decide to shut it down during games. manup tmac and stop being a beiotch.

man what is your issue. He hasnt played this amount of basketball in over a year. he still trying to get into game shape, body wise and mental wise. he just experiencing a sore knee right after he had a good game against Washington. Right now you are putting way to much pressure on a guy who is trying to recover from surgery

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Roy Hibbert? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's an interesting argument with merit since we have no size. But at the same time...I distinctly remember Roy Hibbert being part of that crushing loss there...