(23 Years Old)
Current: PG
NBA: PG
Possible: PG
Hometown: Tenerife, Spain
Drafted: Rnd 1, Pick 27 in 2006 by Suns
Best Case: Steve Nash
Worst Case: Rafer Alston

Overview: Spanish point guard whose creativity and passing ability allows him to standout. Possesses nice size for a point guard, but lacks bulk, length and ideal athleticism, which shows up primarily on the defensive end. Fairly fluid and agile, but lacks a degree of explosiveness that hurts him around the rim and makes it difficult for him to create his own shot against more physical defenders. Able to get to the rim by using changes of speed and impressive ball-handling ability, but typically looks to dish off rather than try and score himself. One of the most entertaining passers around. Still needs to develop his outside shot to make up for his lack of athleticism. Wasn?t the most efficient player for Estudiantes in the ACB or Euroleague, but proved to be an exciting prospect due to his masterful court vision. Saw solid minutes on the highest levels of European basketball at a young age. Played some meaningful minutes as a rookie, but saw his playing time fluctuate throughout Portland?s rapid rebuilding process. Traded to Sacramento in a salary dump. Faces a similar situation with two players in front of him. Could easily solidify his spot on the depth chart by improving his consistency from deep and becoming at least an average defender.

Offense: Not an efficient scorer, shooting under 40% from the field the past two years, but is as pure a point guard as you?ll find. Gets nearly half of his offensive opportunities running the pick and roll, with spot ups, isolations, and fast breaks accounting for the rest of his touches. Biggest weakness lies in his lack of a consistent outside shot. Displays passable form, but his consistency is still a work in progress due to somewhat questionable follow through. Leaves a lot of shots short and tends to fade away a bit. Not a great shooter off the dribble. Has improved his ability to catch and shoot from the outside, but still has a ways to go. Not a great finisher at the rim due to a lack of explosiveness. Makes his living as a passer. Always ranks in the top ten of nearly every per-40 minute passing metric. Not the quickest player, but handles the ball extremely well, and gets in the lane using subtle changes of speed and direction. Very deceptive with his first step. Has always had an excellent feel for getting his defender off balance, making a move, and then finding a teammate. Is not going to score a lot around the rim, and doesn?t get to the free throw line much to compensate. Not as flashy as he used to be, allowing him to cut down on his turnovers, though he remains extremely turnover prone on a per-minute basis. Always looking to create an easy look for his teammates, and does a great job putting getting his teammates the ball where they are comfortable on the pick and roll and in drive and dish situations. Most of his turnovers come on drives when he gets deep in the line and isn?t able to locate an outlet. Has half the equation figured out, but needs to dramatically improve his efficiency from the field and be more consistent from the foul line to take his game to the next level. Doesn?t need to score in bunches, just needs to take better advantage of the possessions he already uses.

Defense: Mediocre defender due to his lack of lateral quickness. length and strength. Really lacks the physical tools to not get taken advantage of by the quicker, stronger and more physical point guards of the league. Shows a good stance and moves his feet well when he?s pressuring the ball, knowing what matchups he can play up on and which he can?t. Doesn?t have too much trouble getting through screens despite his lack of strength, but will struggle when teams look to isolate him. Will freelance from time to time looking for a steal, and shows quick hands recovering loose balls and stripping opposing players. Pursues long-rebounds, sometimes putting himself out of position Doesn?t show the great fundamentals closing out shooters, and is often a step late recovering. Size doesn?t help him when contesting shots either. Has made strides under Nate McMillan, but still has a ways to go in order to justify bigger minutes.

p0nder

Starter
Smart player that seems to be improving... But does he get the keys? I think with more time he'll develop his shot and defense... his explosiveness will never get better so don't expect him to be an allen iverson type of player... Not sure who i'd draw resemblances to... perhaps he's the "Nash-lite" we've been waiting for?

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
Don't know much about this guy, been researching, but do you think hell get duhon back on the bench, and split time with toney douglas....or is there talk of McGrady runnin the offense?

dre48ny

Rotation player
I'm just saying, Duhound an all-time scrub had his best numbers of his career as a NYK.
Let's see waht this guy can do in D'Ant's system as he is a pure passer that executes the fast break well.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
This kid is going to bring excitement to the MSG. He's a legit point guard that can run, quick and his passing ability is way above average. I think D'Antoni finally got the his PG and can finally run his SSOL system again.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Don't know much about this guy, been researching, but do you think hell get duhon back on the bench, and split time with toney douglas....or is there talk of McGrady runnin the offense?

If Duhon (who seems to have NO room for improvement) gets benched and the rookies get starting time, I will be very proud.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
I think the rest of the season should be used to assess the PG situation. Douglas and Rodriguez should split the time.

If one of those two become a plus level PG our roster going into the summer with Wil, Galo, the PG and Eddie House (underrated pickup) is enough talent to get a Bosh and Lebron.

I can see it now

Douglas or SRod
Lebron
Wil
Galo
Bosh

House, Bender, and some other fill-ins.

WELCOME BACK NEW YORK KNICKS

mafra

Legend
A steal to get any young PG, along with dumping JJ's contract. NY almost had to pay that steep price (Hill & 2012 1st rounder) to shed themselves of JJ. To get Sergio.... FANTASTIC!

Now Knicks can target Lebron PLUS something (Bosh or Lee + Thomas)

Sergio
Chandler
Lebron
Gallo
Bosh

T-Mac or Harrington, Douglas, Bender

or

Sergio
Chandler
Lebron
Gallo
Lee

Tyrus Thomas or Harrington, Douglas, Bender

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Nice! This guy has passer's instincts, should make some sick flashy passes every now and then. His lack of athleticism is going to hurt, and it is so odd why he hasn't been succesful in other situations. This is his chance to prove himself. This is his system. The man who made Steve Nash a sure fire Hall of Famer is his coach now. Sergio is probably psyched about this oppurtunity. It's up to him to make the most of it, he'll never be in a system that fits his style of play as well as the SSOL.

iSaYughh

Starter
Serg
Chandler
Lebron
Gallo
Bosh

6th Man: Douglas
Key Asset: Curry's Expiring

Did we all just die and go to heaven? I like that lineup so much it makes me cry with joy just thinking.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Hey, Duhon can rot on the bench. He should be the third-stringer after Douglas...time to put these Duke trash busts out to pasture

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i like this guy and hes still improving he has alot of room to grow this is the x-factor we may have found our future PG lets give him the same shot we gave duhon............duhon sucked now lets see him,

PG rotation: Serg, Douglas, Duhorn

pat

Starter
What if he is going to ride the bench because D'Antoni decides to continue playing Duhon? If have got a hitch that D'Antoni is trying hard to be unpredictable. ;)