The Official Sergio Rodriguez Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lee, Gallo, T Mac, Sergio:

All on the court at once, are a very good passing team. Look for Gallo and Harrington to get a lot of better looks from Sergio and McGrady's ability to penetrate and kick.

That's all I have to say about that.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im hyped with the addition of Sergio dude has skills was just never given the chance to show case it and with us being PG deprived this will be the perfect situation. look out for this dude

CoolClyde

Muchas Gracias, Fans de Serge

Gracias, fans de espana, y de Serge. mi espanol es acerca de mierda!
The little I've seen of "Power" Serge, gives me reason to believe he's already twice as good as Duhound, the wonder dog. That behind-the-back pass is better than anything the sh*thound has done in years. I can only hope D'amnfool gives Serge some minutes, and benches his droopy-eyed lover...PUH-LEASE!! Vamos Knicks! Vomit Duhound! Goodbye Giraffe! Hello McGrady! Thanks for the official thread Metroman!

btw, Smokes has the new lineup perfect, with a great post, that I agree with 100%:

"Rodriguez is everything we lack at the PG spot from Duhon. He's a better passer, better court vision, faster and much better penetrator and he can finish at the rim. Sure his outside game is lacking but we don't really need another PG who is gonna toss up bricks anyway.

I really hope we split minutes 24/24 between Rodriguez and Douglas and let both of them develop some game.

Rodriguez/Douglas/Duhon
Tmac/Douglas/House
Chandler/Harrington
Gallo/Chandler/Harrington
Lee/Bender"
:agreed:

YESSIREEHOLYSMOKES!

johnstarky

Rotation player
if d'antoni doesn't develop this kid to above average PG status, then he should be fired by next season.

I agree, if D'antoni can't develop the Knicks into a winning team by next season, they should fire him and hire Byron Scott or Jeff Van Gundy.

TheSkaBoss

Rookie
Hi!

I'm from Spain and i a knicks fan and Sergio fan. In Spain all the people is very exciting with the Sergio Rodriguez sign's for the New York Knicks. We want to suceed Sergio in the NBA and more specifically in NY.

I will participate in the forum with you.

One video of the times of Sergio in the ACB (Spanish league) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAmCMs84s-k

With 18 years....

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
His highlights from yesterday:

He could have ended up with 12 assists if Harrington had hit some wide shots...

KBlack25

Starter
This guy looked good...high energy, good passer. Hopefully he should pass Duhon in the rotation sooner rather than later. And hopefully we can resign him on the cheap, seems like a guy born and bred for D'Antoni's offense.

tiger0330

Legend
Judging by yesterdays game. House might be the starting PG for the rest of the season, he was the go to guy and D'antoni doesn't have many games left to experiment.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Hi!

I'm from Spain and i a knicks fan and Sergio fan. In Spain all the people is very exciting with the Sergio Rodriguez sign's for the New York Knicks. We want to suceed Sergio in the NBA and more specifically in NY.

I will participate in the forum with you.

One video of the times of Sergio in the ACB (Spanish league) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAmCMs84s-k

With 18 years....

Welcome to our forum. I am excited that he is on the team. He is very young and has a tremendous upside. Solid show last nite.

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
This guy looked good...high energy, good passer. Hopefully he should pass Duhon in the rotation sooner rather than later. And hopefully we can resign him on the cheap, seems like a guy born and bred for D'Antoni's offense.

I guess he'd play even for free if he is guaranteed minutes, not saying if he is starter. He has been 4 years waiting for an opportunity like this. He knows there is no better place to be than here with D'Antoni. Money won't be an issue, IMHO.

TunerAddict

Starter
1) Sergio would have had 10 assists last night if Harrington didn't suck

2) We tried trading Harrington. Bobcats beat our offer.

smokes

Huge Member
Judging by yesterdays game. House might be the starting PG for the rest of the season, he was the go to guy and D'antoni doesn't have many games left to experiment.

I very much doubt he'll be starting PG. He really is better off coming off the bench behind Tmac/Rodriguez and providing the scoring spark. Also he played way over his standard game yesterday and that's the reason he had 30+ minutes, because he was hot. At least coach made one good decision, to ride his hot hand.

But I wouldn't expect that kinda performance on a regular basis, expect 10-15 ppg off the bench, efficiently, with good defense, and he's already providing more than Nate did.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I very much doubt he'll be starting PG. He really is better off coming off the bench behind Tmac/Rodriguez and providing the scoring spark. Also he played way over his standard game yesterday and that's the reason he had 30+ minutes, because he was hot. At least coach made one good decision, to ride his hot hand.

But I wouldn't expect that kinda performance on a regular basis, expect 10-15 ppg off the bench, efficiently, with good defense, and he's already providing more than Nate did.

Agree with everything. House is our spark off the bench. What surprised me the most was that he was active every single minute he played. He was setting picks/screens, double teaming, going after loose balls, and trying to steal the basketball when got the opportunity. Duhon I think will continue to start but will probably get limited minutes like last night. It's really Sergio's position for the taking. All depends on how he plays.

skisloper

Starter
Couse we wanted to shed salary cap not add to it. :cool:

Thats not why. Thomas was a restricted free agent....we would only add to the cap if we resigned him......we would have had right of refusal.

Chicago got a first round pick from Charlotte for Thomas . All we could offer was Harrington so obviously they went with Charlotte....

Sergio should start............

Cannot start a thread so quick question....
what's a better starting 5 ....

sergio
Gallo
lebron
Chandler
Bosh

OR

Sergio
McGrady
Lebron
Gallo
Lee