Thread: Time to Run! SSOL is making a Comeback!

Default Time to Run! SSOL is making a Comeback!

D'Antoni's new 8-man rotation: S-Rod, T-Mac backcourt, Gallo,Wil,Lee. Al, Duhon, House off bench. Very small lineup. Time to run again?
    We have a small quick team with good shooters...time to see if SSOL can win us some games and deny the Utah Jizz a top 3 pick.

I posted the same thing in the Sergio thread. D'Antoni finally has a PG and players to run the SSOL. Only thing I'm worried about, is it too late in the season to teach and pick up the system?

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    We have a small quick team with good shooters...time to see if SSOL can win us some games and deny the Utah Jizz a top 3 pick.
    I'm amped. The two big steals of this trade season will be $-Rod and House. T-Mac will be great also. This will be an exciting rest of the season.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Why you did that Trill? Why did you have to remind me that we have a coach that is all about offense and doesn't promote and exagerate defenses- the thing we MOSTLY need?
    Ughhhh.... on the best Knick day in a while!!! O'well people can change I guess. F*ck Seven Seconds or Less! DEFENSE *CLAP *CLAP DEFENSE *CLAP *CLAP!!!!
    That's what we should be about.

Originally Posted by Red
    Why you did that Trill? Why did you have to remind me that we have a coach that is all about offense and doesn't promote and exagerate defenses- the thing we MOSTLY need?
    Ughhhh.... on the best Knick day in a while!!! O'well people can change I guess. F*ck Seven Seconds or Less! DEFENSE *CLAP *CLAP DEFENSE *CLAP *CLAP!!!!
    That's what we should be about.
    Dant will play to a teams strengths. If we acquire defensive players we will put the clamps down. If we acquire half court(set plays) players we will slow it down. For now we have a quick small team that can shoot. SSOL all the way.

Veteran

D'Ant had this team playing some of the best D in years.

Look at D'Ant's prototypical -- famous -- Suns team....headlined by dudes like Nash...Amare....they were incapable of D then to the extent that to change their games -- and the system -- in such a way would have made the team itself less effective at getting W's, which is what matters at the end of the day.

Nash and Amare's D are prolly worse than ever post-D'Ant era, too.