View Poll Results: How do you think McGrady will do tonight?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

25 92.59%
  • Bad

2 7.41%

Thread: Thunder @ Knicks 2/20 7:30

Hybrid View

Game Thread Thunder @ Knicks 2/20 7:30

vs
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ New York Knicks
    (31-21, 15-11 away)|(19-34, 12-17 home)

New York, New York

Good Evening! Welcome to another Jpz Knicks pre-game show! Tonight the Knicks play the Oklahoma City Thunder. This means Kevin Durant will be at Madison Square Garden, but that isn't the biggest story for tonight's game. The biggest story is the new look Knicks. The Knicks recently made two trades over the deadline. One trade with Minnesota, one with Boston and one with Houston/Sacramento.

Let me recap the Knicks trade deadline moves:

Coming:

#3 Tracy McGrady

#13 Sergio Rodriguez

Eddie House #50

J.R. Giddens #4

Bill Walker #5

Going:
    Larry Hughes
    Nate Robinson
    Marcus Landry
    Darko Milicic
    Jordan Hill
    Jared Jeffries

OFFICIAL JPZ PREDICTION
    Thunder-101

Knicks-109

There is no way T-Mac and the Knicks will let themselves lose tonight. T-Mac will have 15-20 points and will lead them to victory.

STARTING LINEUPS

THUNDER
    PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

KNICKS
    PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]---[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A series of salary-shedding trades have the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in position to court two star players this summer, while auditioning another for the next two months. The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] sure are glad one New York can't get is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    The new-look Knicks will have recent acquisition [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in the starting lineup Saturday night when they face Durant and the red-hot Thunder at Madison Square Garden.New York (19-34) has long been reported to be preparing for a free-agent spending spree this summer with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] expected to headline the list.The Knicks made it abundantly clear that's the plan before Thursday's trade deadline, making three deals that would leave them with about $32 million in salary cap space in July. Players such as James, Wade and Bosh would each make a little more than $16.5 million in the first season of a new contract."I think that's probably what everything the last few years has been about, getting cap room and setting ourselves up for the summer and trying to create a better atmosphere," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "There's a lot of things that we want to do, but a major component is creating as much cap space as we can."Proving how much they're gearing toward a big splash in free agency, the Knicks got McGrady solely because his bloated contract expires at the end of the season.McGrady, meanwhile, will attempt to prove he's still capable of being a star after joining New York in a three-team, nine-player deadline trade with Houston and Sacramento. New York also sent fan-favorite [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to Boston in a five-player deal, a day after trading [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and cash to Minnesota for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who is expected to be released.McGrady, a two-time scoring champion, played only six games with the Rockets this season while recovering from microfracture knee surgery."Physically I feel good, but then again I haven't played in a year and a half," McGrady said. "Even the eight minutes I was playing, you really can't get a feel of how long I can play. But yeah, I think I'm ready to go."The seven-time All-Star will get his first chance to impress the Knicks on Saturday, while also attempting to help them avoid their longest losing streak since a season-high six-game slide from Nov. 4-13.Their skid reached five Wednesday with a 115-109 loss to Chicago, getting swept in the home-and-home set by a team they're expected to compete with in free agency.While the Knicks are struggling to remain competitive, Durant has the Thunder (31-21) in the thick of the playoff race. They've won seven in a row for their longest streak since a nine-game run from Nov. 5-19, 2004, when the franchise was the Seattle SuperSonics.Durant had 25 points and 14 rebounds Tuesday to help Oklahoma City beat Southwest Division-leading Dallas 99-86."We're on a nice streak right now, but they're a humble group," coach [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] said.Durant has averaged 32.1 points and 8.9 boards during the win streak, and he's scored at least 25 in 26 consecutive games. That streak includes a 30-point effort in a 106-88 home win over the Knicks on Jan. 11 -- the Thunder's fifth victory in the last six meetings. -ESPN
    <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Last 5 Games</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td width="50%">OKLAHOMA CITY (ET)</td> <td width="50%">NEW YORK (ET)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td>Feb 16 DAL Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 09 @POR Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 06 @GS Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 03 @NO Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 02 ATL Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    </td> <td>Feb 17 CHI Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 16 @CHI Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 09 SAC Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 06 @CLE Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 05 MIL Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    <object id="as_300220018" data="http://a.espncdn.com/swf/nba/accuscore_nba.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="352" height="259">

</object>OKC 66% Favorite to win

JPZ17's Player Pressure
    Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????

The answer: Tracy McGrady

All eyes will be on McGrady tonight. We will finally see him in action and I think we might be impressed. Don't freak out if he isn't great tonight. He hasn't exactly played a live game in months. Give him a few weeks.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4b804910c1b08cd1/4ae79454fc224b41/26edc8cf/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" id="W472a175c457921314b804910c1b08cd1" width="300" height="387">

</object><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4b80492469c7a36a/4ae794649489f096/9cee8b99" id="W49022a98586964144b80492469c7a36a" width="289" height="260">

</object>Thanks for joining me
    for knicksonline I'm JPZ17
    Stay classy New York

Go New York Knicksssss!

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BaljP1rFOwg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

nice thread jpz

i'm madd hyped right now. sergio and t-mac can turn this season around for us. at least enough to improve on last season's win total.

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!!!

LETS GO SERGIO!!!

ITS TIME FOR DUHON'S DOWNFALL!!!

KnicksonLIN.com

I look forward to seeing Tracy McGrady in action. Hopefully he does a crazy highlight dunk.

It will be great but for example Antawn Jamison missed all shots and gets 5 blocked, so Tracy must have unusuall ability to adapt in new team to shine bright in first game but who knows, evt possible

Veteran

If Duhon is benched for Sergio either at the start or by the 2nd quarter then Kudos to D'Antonio....

Garden should be an uproar when McGrady is announced.....Imagine how pumped McGrady will be....

I'm excited although hard to expect anything too amazing without much time for new players to work together, but let's hope! Great thread JPZ I always love your threads and your optimism, but this part killed me right off the bat...

"The Knicks recently made two trades over the deadline. One trade with Minnesota, one with Boston and one with Houston/Sacramento."

i am a very curious to see what will happen tonight ( Spain 1:30 hours)

Here we go!I'm pumped seeing him in the uniform.

It's a wonderful feeling to have hope again!! I think it will be quite a fantastic game actually, with the Knicks coming out on top by 6+ points. I expect T-Mac to put up 12 points in about 30 minutes, Lee will be outstanding, Duhon.......will be Duhon, Gallo will have that extra spark today. Oh, what a night

Default The ultimate opinion

T Mac was awesome and surprised me to a new level...he still has the old superstar talent in him...I dont expect him to be amazing every night like he was against the Thunder but with some more playing time he will have his legs fresh.

He wants to come back to NY: Huge plus

Duhon should never start again after what Sergio Rodriguez and Eddie House did in this game.

Sergio was like Bob Cousy with the passes and bullet fast while House was like a possessed man that could not miss a shot.

Mike D finally coached a decent game for the first time all year.

Eddie House can be a lethal sixth man

Harrington ruined this game for us with his ice cold brick shooting.

Sergio/Douglas
    T Mac/House
    Chandler/Gallo
    Lee/Harrington/Gallo
    Bender/Lee

The knicks finally played hard and played well...they should have won this game if we just made ONE FREE THROW and if Chandler didnt fall apart late in the game with his ridiculous misses.

Harrington ruined any chance of putting this game away early.

This was a good game.

Durant was Michael Jordan with the clutch shots.