Thunder @ Knicks 2/20 7:30

How do you think McGrady will do tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Does anybody feel uneasy when Chandler has the ball?I mean, even when it seems he's hot it's like, he's not even in a zone, he just puts up a good shot.I like Chandler, but he has little things to work on.Even David Lee doesn't make me so uneasy with his mid-range shot.When he was improving last season-early this season he did a little, but now I expect him to make at LEAST half of them.

Chandler, I don't know about him.And notice how D'Antoni DOESN'T get the ball to him when he does have a great game at the end (against the Kings)?

Chandler's basketball IQ is very poor and reason why he makes so many mistakes and looks lost most of the time. Let me give you an example of what I mean, there were 3 seconds left in shot clock and Chandler is top of the key 24 feet away and he has House at the right wing who is being defended by 6'11 Durant. Instead of taking the shot or driving the ball to get closer he gives it to House who ends up being rejected by Durant and shot clock violation. It seems that Chandler's game is purely athletic but nothing he does is within the offense and things don't come naturally to him.

As far as Gallinari he just looks awful and can't post up, can't finish at the basket, can't go over guys smaller than him in the post as we saw versus the Bulls Hinrich. He is reminding me of Sasha Pavlovic more and more and that is not a good thing. He better get stronger and get some T-Mac swagger!

Paul1355

All Star
The ultimate opinion

T Mac was awesome and surprised me to a new level...he still has the old superstar talent in him...I dont expect him to be amazing every night like he was against the Thunder but with some more playing time he will have his legs fresh.

He wants to come back to NY: Huge plus

Duhon should never start again after what Sergio Rodriguez and Eddie House did in this game.

Sergio was like Bob Cousy with the passes and bullet fast while House was like a possessed man that could not miss a shot.

Mike D finally coached a decent game for the first time all year.

Eddie House can be a lethal sixth man

Harrington ruined this game for us with his ice cold brick shooting.

Sergio/Douglas
T Mac/House
Chandler/Gallo
Lee/Harrington/Gallo
Bender/Lee

The knicks finally played hard and played well...they should have won this game if we just made ONE FREE THROW and if Chandler didnt fall apart late in the game with his ridiculous misses.

Harrington ruined any chance of putting this game away early.

This was a good game.

Durant was Michael Jordan with the clutch shots.

Paul1355

All Star
Anyone else wanted to just shove Al Harr in a toilet and shit on him profusely...

LMAO...Al Harrington was horrible in this game....he should just drive to the basket and draw fouls and post up!

He was like 0 for 6 from three point land and missed OPEN shots. Horrible.

He is so inconsistent its not even funny....the streakiest shooter in the NBA.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Harrington had a bad game, but Duhon was worse.At least Harrington was TRYING.Duhon was out there going through the motions and having the ball way too long.At least Harrington misses without spending too much time with the ball.

Torp

Benchwarmer
The only thing missing from this knick team now is a good big man. I mean how may friggin times did they get offensive put backs? LIke literally probably 15-20 of their points were offensive rebound putbacks. If we can teach the knicks to box out and rebound we would be winning so many games.

Al Harrington officially does not fit on this team any longer. He needs to be replaced by a shot blocker or anyone who can play center.

Red

TYPE-A
Chandler's basketball IQ is very poor and reason why he makes so many mistakes and looks lost most of the time.

As far as Gallinari he just looks awful and can't post up, can't finish at the basket...

That's due to lack of coaching and development.

New guys, same results. Let's see... hummmm....

LMAO...Al Harrington was horrible in this game....he should just drive to the basket and draw fouls and post up!

He was like 0 for 6 from three point land and missed OPEN shots. Horrible.

He is so inconsistent its not even funny....the streakiest shooter in the NBA.

Al Harrington has been horrible. He's a streaky scorer that couldn't get traded during a fire sale.

His athleticism is shot. His knees look shot. His jumping ability is nil.
He relies on savvy in the post and open threes.

But for goodness sakes, him, Lee and Will need to cut down the spin move if they cant hold on to the ball.

A coach should coach this.

The only thing missing from this knick team now is a good big man. I mean how may friggin times did they get offensive put backs? LIke literally probably 15-20 of their points were offensive rebound putbacks. If we can teach the knicks to box out and rebound we would be winning so many games.

Al Harrington officially does not fit on this team any longer. He needs to be replaced by a shot blocker or anyone who can play center.

A big man has been missing for years. That said, we need a defensive coach too.

Lee cant play Dee and to me should be set free you see? :smokin:

Now do we have a team good enough to compete and win some games?

Or are we gonna keep making excuses?

Blumatic

Rotation player
That's due to lack of coaching and development.

New guys, same results. Let's see... hummmm....

Al Harrington has been horrible. He's a streaky scorer that couldn't get traded during a fire sale.

His athleticism is shot. His knees look shot. His jumping ability is nil.
He relies on savvy in the post and open threes.

But for goodness sakes, him, Lee and Will need to cut down the spin move if they cant hold on to the ball.

A coach should coach this.

A big man has been missing for years. That said, we need a defensive coach too.

Lee cant play Dee and to me should be set free you see? :smokin:

Now do we have a team good enough to compete and win some games?

Or are we gonna keep making excuses?

The team we have is much better than Wednesday. With House, T-Mac, and Sergio we should win games. Defense will continue to be an issue player wise and coach wise. This is a 29 game try out for D'antoni as well. He's 0-1 so far.

Red

TYPE-A
The team we have is much better than Wednesday. With House, T-Mac, and Sergio we should win games. Defense will continue to be an issue player wise and coach wise. This is a 29 game try out for D'antoni as well. He's 0-1 so far.

I stand corrected...

we were UP 6 WITH 1:33 ON THE CLOCK IN THE 4TH!

Negative rep. point for D'Antoni!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i was impressed by the way we played tonight but i felt we let the game slip away we couldve/shouldve won tonight but stupid mistakes cost us the game, i hated how we penetrated on those last 2 possesions at the end of overtime and regulation especially the one to end overtime.

Tmac was flat out amazing his first real game since last season and he played awesome, we shoulda had him more involved offensively throughout the overtime period though, i liked what i saw and i see more to come when he gets into game shape. overall dudes a keeper and i hope we resign him to a contract extension

Sergio was great at times but needs more game experience and development...basically let em play and house was great but pissed me off at times

the portable man

Benchwarmer
another loss, give me a f break

cant even win a close one with the crowd on their feet

al harrington is arguably in a worse slump than duhon and gallo struts around all the time but has been playing soft as shit lately

ironically before he started playing in the nba i expected him to be a creative slasher, considering the euro and summer league footage of him, but he's just a shooter, can barely go 1 on 1 and needs a pick every time

pathetic

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
4 games should add cohesion. Look for our average team apg% to go up in a big way.

We will be one of the best passing teams in the league.

Our defense looked a lot sharper as well.

Loving it.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
yes the lost taste bitter but game was very very very "not to be shamed of", maybe the Gallos ending shots wasn't reasonable but the biggest advantage is that duhon played for only 20 minutes and didn't made shots ;), 3 players over 20 points in knicks ? bitter but satisfying :gony:

Last edited:

TheSkaBoss

Rookie
I'm desire see the next game. I do not think that the best option is to have Eddie House in many minutes in PG. I don't like W.Chandler yesterday. In the last minutes Sergio/House/T-Mac/Gallo/Lee.

clumsy

Rotation player
What i noticed live.

-Wilson Chandler loves the spin move and he isn't great at it.
-Duhon sucks even worse than i thought. Dude is so fundamental cuz he has no skills. I'm glad they barely played him in the 2nd half.
-D'Antoni needs to coach T-Mac to not waste time by holding the ball with one hand before he drives....other than that he had a good all around game.
-It was very close to sold out...i haven't seen that at a Knicks game since the 90's.
-Gallinari did a nice job on Durant.
-D'Antoni needs to teach Sergio to not hold onto the ball for too long (That Euro Style). Sometimes he would dribble too much and miss hitting an open man.

But i really liked what i saw outta Eddie House, Sergio, T-Mac. I would bring them all back next year.

SMH Sergio did the behind the back...and then Duhon tried that too....Duhon can't even get his own moves....no talent basketball player

Also Westbrook + Durant is better than anyone on the knicks by far. I like this Thunder team....real fun to watch

jpz17

Starter
I'm excited although hard to expect anything too amazing without much time for new players to work together, but let's hope! Great thread JPZ I always love your threads and your optimism, but this part killed me right off the bat...

"The Knicks recently made two trades over the deadline. One trade with Minnesota, one with Boston and one with Houston/Sacramento."

Hey.. I originally put two because I forgot about the Nate trade. I edited part of it though so that is the problem here