Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nets will not be a Contender

Originally Posted by BrooklynNets
    The Nets are 5-51 because of Lawrence Frank and Kiki Vandeweghe.Once they hire a better coach they'll be a more competitive team.

Devin Harris is overrated? Did he not make the all star team last season or not?

Brook Lopez is still developing as a player and will be one of the most dominating big men in the NBA for many years to come.So many people forget that this is his sophomore year and that his best days are ahead of him.

If the Nets don't move to Brooklyn in a couple of years, they'll eventually move in less than 5 years.
    1. You're seriously counting the All-Star game as a player's accomplishments? It's just a popularity contest and a showcase, hell Kobe Bryant in 1998 averaging FIFTEEN POINTS PER GAME got in. Harris= Overrated. Its simple as that, it was just a guy having a good year.

2. They won't move to Brooklyn for at least another two years because they still need to actually break some ground on the whole moving thing. They're stuck in Jersey for two years.

And RunningJumper, you can't be a fan of two teams. You can be a fan of one and root for another when they play, but being a fan is different.

Originally Posted by AnnoyedNYsportsFan
    The Nets are horrendous!!! How can anyone root for them at this point??? If I was owner of the Nets I would relocate the team outside of the U.S.

Antartica sounds like a good place for the Nets
    That would be too kind...

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    1. You're seriously counting the All-Star game as a player's accomplishments? It's just a popularity contest and a showcase, hell Kobe Bryant in 1998 averaging FIFTEEN POINTS PER GAME got in. Harris= Overrated. Its simple as that, it was just a guy having a good year.

2. They won't move to Brooklyn for at least another two years because they still need to actually break some ground on the whole moving thing. They're stuck in Jersey for two years.

And RunningJumper, you can't be a fan of two teams. You can be a fan of one and root for another when they play, but being a fan is different.
    Dual citizenship is definitely allowed as a fan...If you grew up moving a lot how can you not root for your hometown team? I was born in Orange County,CA and I grew up with Lakers season tickets. Once I moved to NYC my allegiance shifted towards the Knicks and I ended up being a season ticket holder for both teams. I got love for both coasts.

On a totally separate note...

THE NETS ARE A JOKE!!!

Lopez is an excellent player. Thats literally all that is not crippling and depressing on the Jersey Shore. The iZod Center is pathetic (and no...they aren't moving to Newark so yeah...), Devin Harris has shown he's not a winner (he has skill and athleticism but lacks the killer instinct to be a superstar), and the rest of their "core" is not even comparable to anyone on the Knicks roster...and thats saying something. Courtney Lee, Yi, and Terrence Williams would 100% not start for the Knicks. None of them. I don't know what possible draw the Nets would have besides "hey by the time your contract expires, we'll be settled in Brooklyn". Get real...the Nets are going to overpay David Lee once we let him walk and they will win 17 games as a consequence. Steady improvement is nice!

The Nets are moving to Newark.I think it's been settled.They said it on Sunday.