Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lol

Originally Posted by New New York
    I really do not understand the Jamison move at all!

I heard David Aldridge state that this move was to acquire a player who is going to make Paul Peirce work on both ends of the floor....problem is they already have that in Lebron, 2. Twan was never know to be a great defender, 3. He would be matched up against Garnett who gives Jamison nightmares when they play against one another.

He does spread the floor for Lebron with his ability to hit shots, but I still dont get this move. This simply was a plea to Lebron that they will do anything to keep him.
    There you go. I helped you understand what you already knew.

Originally Posted by keyser soze
    Yep. And the idea of making a trade when you have the best record in the league and you are on a 13 game winning streak is remarkably idiotic.
    I agree, and I don't understand it at all. But on the other hand, who would pass up an opportunity for Jamison? I liked seeing Jamison with the Wizards, and I've always felt like he could turn that team around and lead them in the right direction. With Cleveland, it won't be a challenge if LeBron stays. He's a natural leader on the court, that's gone from him now.

Originally Posted by BrianMan
    I agree, and I don't understand it at all. But on the other hand, who would pass up an opportunity for Jamison? I liked seeing Jamison with the Wizards, and I've always felt like he could turn that team around and lead them in the right direction. With Cleveland, it won't be a challenge if LeBron stays. He's a natural leader on the court, that's gone from him now.
    Well, Jamison is certainly an excellent player and I absolutely understand the temptation to go get him from a Cavs point of view . . . Having said that, I'm a huge believer in team chemistry and cohesiveness and my attitude would always be to leave the team with the best record in the NBA in tact. I had similar feelings when Phoenix traded for Shaq two years ago. At that time, it was Phoenix who had the best record in the West (For my many D'antoni haters on this message board, he was the coach!) and yet they still felt the need to tweak their lineup. The vast majority of people thought it was a brilliant move for the Suns and I thought it was a disastrous one . . . Although my feelings aren't as strong as they were in that case, I was not a proponent of the Jamison trade (form a Cleveland point of view) when it was first being discussed. We'll see how it works out.