Official Root For Darko Milicic Thread

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I hope he plays well for Timberwolves and just tonight versus Thunder he has a +33 (plus minus rating), 8 rebounds (4 offensive), 8 points, 1 block, 1 assist in 17 minutes of action. I really thought that he could of help us and hope he sticks it to our loser coach.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
That all this time I knew he could of help us and our idiot coach never gave him a chance. He did the same to Jordan Hill who I also wish him nothing but the best. I want Darko to stay in the US, I think given the opportunity he can thrive in the right system. He is only 24 years old!

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
That all this time I knew he could of help us and our idiot coach never gave him a chance. He did the same to Jordan Hill who I also wish him nothing but the best. I want Darko to stay in the US, I think given the opportunity he can thrive in the right system. He is only 24 years old!

I completely agree. I used to think coach D was a good coach and would do well when the team got better,m but his selection contributed to many losses. His misuse of Darko, Hill, and Douglas was a huge factor in the failure of this season.

robert56

Benchwarmer
He actually played 19 minutes which is the most he has played all year and that was with spending 3 months on the bench because our coach wouldn't play him. Had Darko been allowed the minutes here he would have been playing pretty good right now for us, giving our starters a much needed rest.

He actually played 19 minutes which is the most he has played all year and that was with spending 3 months on the bench because our coach wouldn't play him. Had Darko been allowed the minutes here he would have been playing pretty good right now for us, giving our starters a much needed rest.

Yeah if he would have played atleast 15minutes per game he would have really helped now that we are so small at the PF and C position after the trades.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Darko wasn't even with the team a while.What was actually the reason for him being inactive?Darko has been known for poor work ethic.Not saying that's the case this time.

I completely agree. I used to think coach D was a good coach and would do well when the team got better,m but his selection contributed to many losses. His misuse of Darko, Hill, and Douglas was a huge factor in the failure of this season.

I almost fell off the couch when I read this post.

so what you are saying is that Darko, Hill and Douglas are the keys to a winning basketball team lol

Just stop

you guys are idiots on this site im sorry

I try to be nice but when I read threads like this I have to call people out on their silliness.

Darko was unable to be effective on several teams for several coaches and there is a reason

BUST.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
D'antoni clearly played favorites and has been hypocrite all season long. He talks about not ruining players careers and making sure to give everyone a fair shot. Total BULL Shit since players like Duhon and Gallinari have gone through major slumps and our coach just keeps them in the starting lineup. Not once did he ever gave a fair shot to our 8th overall pick in Hill to be part of our unit and same goes for Darko. I remember d'antoni saying in the preseason how he would give Darko 20 minutes a night. The way he treated Hughes was just wrong, being that he contributed to our best success of the season in December with great defense over 2 steals a game.

All my hopes for this team went down the drain with our stupid coach and his 6 man rotation and not playing a 10 man rotation. I wanted to see Darko and Hill protect the paint. I wanted to see a backcourt of Douglas and Hughes stopping defenders. I also wanted to see the growth of Gallo and Hill playing together.

This season has been all about our coach misused of rotation, players, development, end of game situation and approach. D'antoni has been just horrible and reminds me so much of the Isiah Era where there were so many treated unjust and lied to.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer

so what you are saying is that Darko, Hill and Douglas are the keys to a winning basketball team lol

Just stop

I try to be nice but when I read threads like this I have to call people out on their silliness.

Darko was unable to be effective on several teams for several coaches and there is a reason

BUST.

Idiot, wasn't this season about developing the growth of our young players? In none of the post above do you read that we would have been a playoff team with the players mentioned. However, with our coach decisions chemistry between rotations and player ever attained. You can't tell me that we couldn't have used Darko, Hill, Douglas for defense.

Stop protecting d'antoni so much you sound so ****ing stupid. If he was such a great coach he would of had us playing at least .500 in the Eastern Conference. Why couldn't he get the most of the roster Walsh implemented before the season began?

i never said he was a great coach, you are leading into your own opinions here, all that I said was that it was ridiculously idiotic to say that a huge part of our failures this season, was the fact that Darko, Douglas, and Hill didnt get enough minutes, I found that to be laughable. Not one of those 3 players is worth of even 6th man recognition on any successful team. being that we suck any way, yes towards the end of the season I would of played them more, but there is not justification for them getting burn earlier in the season, especially around the time we were making a push in december.

If those 3 play all year 20 mins a game, then I would consider Mike D a terrible coach for actually playing horrible players.

Im sorry but douglas sucks

Hill is a bust

and Darko has been a bust since day one

im tired of every one sweating douglas's nuts, he really isnt good. He knocks down a few shots, fouls dudes on D, and cant run an offense for ish. I dont get it.

Lman

Rookie
Yo dawg, stop calling brother Milicic a bust. He simply is not a bust. End of story. Only the very uninformed could say that. I have been keeping track of him for quite some time, and he definitely is not a bust.

Sure, he did not do so well in Detroit... and we know that story very well. However, towards the end of a season there he was allowed to start the final two games, and he did post good numbers those two games.
But that is not a lot... easy to miss that stuff ya know. But, if you missed that then you also missed the very obvious. He had a breakout with Orlando. Man, how can you forget that game when he had 16 rebounds and 18 points against the Bulls? Dude can play. But, as seems to be common... they did not let him start most of the time. As soon as that idiot battie came back from the injury they started battie. What a moronic mistake. The dude had less rebounds, less assists, a poorer point total, fewer blocks, worse shooting percentage, worse everything. And they start this failure over someone who is clearly superior? Well, that was a shame. But, Darko did shine with Orlando a number of times.
In Memphis he was okay at first. They played him and the gasol brother about the same time, perhaps pitting one against the other. He got hurt for a few games, and then they went full blast with gasol, who was not really better than milicic. His career in memphis was closed when they decided that gasol was their man.

Need I say more? Need I? He'll give your guys coach nightmares now that he is not in noo yawk. I mean dude, he had a better time in detroit than in noo yawk... sigh...

nk11

Benchwarmer
Yo dawg, stop calling brother Milicic a bust. He simply is not a bust. End of story. Only the very uninformed could say that. I have been keeping track of him for quite some time, and he definitely is not a bust.

Sure, he did not do so well in Detroit... and we know that story very well. However, towards the end of a season there he was allowed to start the final two games, and he did post good numbers those two games.
But that is not a lot... easy to miss that stuff ya know. But, if you missed that then you also missed the very obvious. He had a breakout with Orlando. Man, how can you forget that game when he had 16 rebounds and 18 points against the Bulls? Dude can play. But, as seems to be common... they did not let him start most of the time. As soon as that idiot battie came back from the injury they started battie. What a moronic mistake. The dude had less rebounds, less assists, a poorer point total, fewer blocks, worse shooting percentage, worse everything. And they start this failure over someone who is clearly superior? Well, that was a shame. But, Darko did shine with Orlando a number of times.
In Memphis he was okay at first. They played him and the gasol brother about the same time, perhaps pitting one against the other. He got hurt for a few games, and then they went full blast with gasol, who was not really better than milicic. His career in memphis was closed when they decided that gasol was their man.

Need I say more? Need I? He'll give your guys coach nightmares now that he is not in noo yawk. I mean dude, he had a better time in detroit than in noo yawk... sigh...

lol you sound like darko

p0nder

Starter
lol best of luck to darko. I hope he finds success somewhere, i just don't think it will be in the NBA.

TunerAddict

Starter

Just stop

BUST.

Yeah, agreed.

I had hope for Darko, he dissapointed me.

Hill sucks. He has worse hands then Jared "stone hands" Jeffries.

Douglas sucks too. Defensive roleplayer that will never be anything but a shorter Mardy Collins. Not a great shooter or scorer on the NBA level, not a good playmaker. All he can do is defend, and he isn't an elite defender.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Idiot, wasn't this season about developing the growth of our young players? In none of the post above do you read that we would have been a playoff team with the players mentioned. However, with our coach decisions chemistry between rotations and player ever attained. You can't tell me that we couldn't have used Darko, Hill, Douglas for defense.

Stop protecting d'antoni so much you sound so ****ing stupid. If he was such a great coach he would of had us playing at least .500 in the Eastern Conference. Why couldn't he get the most of the roster Walsh implemented before the season began?

At least some people here know how to read. Couldnt have said it better homie.