Official Root For Darko Milicic Thread

nyk_nyk

All Star
Darko may or may not have contributed to this team, but I would have at least given the guy a chance to fail instead of giving up on him in the 3rd week. A good coach would fully evalute a player on the court, work on some problems during practice and see how it goes from there. If the player just lacks the ability to learn and get better then a benching is warranted. If I'm the coach I give Darko the job of protecting the paint and grabing rebounds. If he works hard on the offensive glass then his points will come from there. No need to run plays for him.

Opposing guards are always driving to the basket with no fear and its hard to win when that is constantly allowed. Darko would have certainly made a difference in a few games IMO.

I swear I have no clue what Dantoni and his clown ass coaching staff does from week to week. They clearly don't teach winning basketball. Herb Williams has been here since the dominant 90's teams but can't seem to contribute any toughness to these guys. They don't run plays and are ALWAYS doing some dumb shit after a timeout during a critical possession.

TheSkaBoss

Rookie
darko is a insane person. is a great pity... is a second pick in nba draft after lebron james and before wade. when some great physical condition does not accompany a brain...

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Yo dawg, stop calling brother Milicic a bust. He simply is not a bust. End of story. Only the very uninformed could say that. I have been keeping track of him for quite some time, and he definitely is not a bust.

Sure, he did not do so well in Detroit... and we know that story very well. However, towards the end of a season there he was allowed to start the final two games, and he did post good numbers those two games.
But that is not a lot... easy to miss that stuff ya know. But, if you missed that then you also missed the very obvious. He had a breakout with Orlando. Man, how can you forget that game when he had 16 rebounds and 18 points against the Bulls? Dude can play. But, as seems to be common... they did not let him start most of the time. As soon as that idiot battie came back from the injury they started battie. What a moronic mistake. The dude had less rebounds, less assists, a poorer point total, fewer blocks, worse shooting percentage, worse everything. And they start this failure over someone who is clearly superior? Well, that was a shame. But, Darko did shine with Orlando a number of times.
In Memphis he was okay at first. They played him and the gasol brother about the same time, perhaps pitting one against the other. He got hurt for a few games, and then they went full blast with gasol, who was not really better than milicic. His career in memphis was closed when they decided that gasol was their man.

Need I say more? Need I? He'll give your guys coach nightmares now that he is not in noo yawk. I mean dude, he had a better time in detroit than in noo yawk... sigh...
Holy shigg I think Darko cared enough to come back and talk about himself on the Knicks fan forums. Is Darko really not a bust? Has he ever made a CONSIDERABLE contribution to any team? Sure his Detroit team made it to the finals in his rookie season. How many minutes was he playing? Did he even appear in half of the Piston's games that year?

He wasn't much better in his "fresh start" with the Magic. Not only was he a backup Center who only saw time during injury periods, but Orlando was a lottery team at the time (they picked Dwight Howard in 06 with that lottery pick) and Darko STILL made no significant contributions to that team. His PER rating was DREADFUL and it led to him eventually being traded to Memphis for cash and some scrubs.

So "brother Darko" actually is a bust. I hate to break it to you. I don't appreciate anything Darko did for the Knicks especially his explicit slander about the way the team is run and about how frustrated he was. He's paid 7 million dollars to sit on the bench. So what? Cry about it. As fans we can demand more from our team, but as a player prove that you can get us to that next level and Darko has never been able to and never WILL be able to be deserving of that #2 overall pick that he was awarded in 2003.

Dreadful, Dreadful player. I wish him the best as a human being, but stay the f*** away from the Knicks and go back to Europe where you can probably be in a better situation.

Kiyaman

Legend

I dont think Dantoni liked bringing a Russian on the team.

All of the 10-day contract centers that Walsh signed last season Darko had way more experienced than. Remember he was around Big Ben, Rasheed, and Mcdyess, in Detroit, Patrick Ewing and Howard in Orlando, plus practice with Gasol brother throughout last season.

If their was any team in the league that needed Darko services for 10 to 20 mpg....it was the New York Knicks!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Holy shigg I think Darko cared enough to come back and talk about himself on the Knicks fan forums. Is Darko really not a bust? Has he ever made a CONSIDERABLE contribution to any team? Sure his Detroit team made it to the finals in his rookie season. How many minutes was he playing? Did he even appear in half of the Piston's games that year?

He wasn't much better in his "fresh start" with the Magic. Not only was he a backup Center who only saw time during injury periods, but Orlando was a lottery team at the time (they picked Dwight Howard in 06 with that lottery pick) and Darko STILL made no significant contributions to that team. His PER rating was DREADFUL and it led to him eventually being traded to Memphis for cash and some scrubs.

So "brother Darko" actually is a bust. I hate to break it to you. I don't appreciate anything Darko did for the Knicks especially his explicit slander about the way the team is run and about how frustrated he was. He's paid 7 million dollars to sit on the bench. So what? Cry about it. As fans we can demand more from our team, but as a player prove that you can get us to that next level and Darko has never been able to and never WILL be able to be deserving of that #2 overall pick that he was awarded in 2003.

Dreadful, Dreadful player. I wish him the best as a human being, but stay the f*** away from the Knicks and go back to Europe where you can probably be in a better situation.

All that u just wrote means nothing....we all knew what we got in the Darko trade, a 12 to 20 minute center (it beats having no center in this league).
Plus we had Duhon receiving 34 mpg, Gallo receiving 33 mpg, and Jefferies receiving 28 mpg (1-9 start and a 3-14 record that turned into a 19-35 record).
These players are no better at their position than Darko is at center.
All 4 players are at best 24 mpg players in the NBA.
Which means our headcoach had the chance to give 9 to 10 players decent playingtime each game, being able to create 3 types of units....offense, defense, and both mixed into one. Something I learned from Coach Red Holzman.
The Knicks not having a center in their rotation for 2 straight seasons, plus the Phoenix Suns never having a center during Dantoni's coaching career there should indicate the reason for Darko's DNP

Kiyaman

Legend
The best said thread

The best response in this thread:

D'antoni clearly played favorites and has been hypocrite all season long. He talks about not ruining players careers and making sure to give everyone a fair shot. Total BULL Shit since players like Duhon and Gallinari have gone through major slumps and our coach just keeps them in the starting lineup. Not once did he ever gave a fair shot to our 8th overall pick in Hill to be part of our unit and same goes for Darko. I remember d'antoni saying in the preseason how he would give Darko 20 minutes a night. The way he treated Hughes was just wrong, being that he contributed to our best success of the season in December with great defense over 2 steals a game.

All my hopes for this team went down the drain with our stupid coach and his 6 man rotation and not playing a 10 man rotation. I wanted to see Darko and Hill protect the paint. I wanted to see a backcourt of Douglas and Hughes stopping defenders. I also wanted to see the growth of Gallo and Hill playing together.

This season has been all about our coach misused of rotation, players, development, end of game situation and approach. D'antoni has been just horrible and reminds me so much of the Isiah Era where there were so many treated unjust and lied to.

The truth being mention is so easy to swallow :agreed:
:beer:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Who cares? The bum is going to Europe where he belongs.

Exactly: the guy's a bum! He has no jumper, has post up moves that start out well but end being bricks, and, despite it all, he thinks he's better than he really is. I mean, if you're a young center and shoot 43%, you're trash.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I hope he plays well for Timberwolves and just tonight versus Thunder he has a +33 (plus minus rating), 8 rebounds (4 offensive), 8 points, 1 block, 1 assist in 17 minutes of action. I really thought that he could of help us and hope he sticks it to our loser coach.
Yet another fail.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
All that u just wrote means nothing....we all knew what we got in the Darko trade, a 12 to 20 minute center (it beats having no center in this league).
Plus we had Duhon receiving 34 mpg, Gallo receiving 33 mpg, and Jefferies receiving 28 mpg (1-9 start and a 3-14 record that turned into a 19-35 record).
These players are no better at their position than Darko is at center.
All 4 players are at best 24 mpg players in the NBA.
Which means our headcoach had the chance to give 9 to 10 players decent playingtime each game, being able to create 3 types of units....offense, defense, and both mixed into one. Something I learned from Coach Red Holzman.
The Knicks not having a center in their rotation for 2 straight seasons, plus the Phoenix Suns never having a center during Dantoni's coaching career there should indicate the reason for Darko's DNP
Explain to me how that means nothing? I was responding to the man who appears to be Darko and claims he isn't a bust. I think we can all agree that he is. That's what the post means. Not a difficult premise to understand

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I just don't understand how people just give up on a 24 year and a truly young 24 because he didn't play his first 2 seasons in Detroit. Wasn't Luc Longley labeled a bust in Minnesota but when traded to Chicago and Michael came back he flourished in the triangle system. There's got to be some system where Milicic can show his true talents because he has the ability to defend, pass, read plays, high basketball IQ, and play unselfish. Joe Dumars is no idiot, how the hell do you passed up on 7 footer with those skills? I wouldn't and at the time in 2003 every GM wanted to get him.

I thought our "brillian coach" could get the best out of most of his players. Isn't that what Phil Jackson does? How can d'antoni have Hill and Milicic all season long in the bench? Those are question marks that scare me knowing that we could of had a .500 record with a better coach.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I have a hard time calling Darko a bust because he's never gotten significant playing time.

He hustles and plays well in limited time, but he never really got a chance to develop his offensive game because he pretty much never played