R2: Lakers vs Spurs

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
e_D said:
incredible, you think? nahh.. I had the spurs winning this all along.. with all the beef the lakers have had all season, kobe going to court and all that.. spurs are just too strong and taking advantage.. hey, maybe payton in NY next year??
Look at you now. No offense but you gotta admit, Spurs had 2-0 now 2-3. Wow. These Lakers aren't bad 'eh?

e_D

Benchwarmer
yeah i'm eating my words now.. LA gets respect for coming back, but maybe they should change their name to the LA Kobes next year

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
how about them Lakers. They start off the series being 0-2. Then they win 4 straight. They are unstoppable. Many consider that series the championship and whoever won that will win it all. I can't say I disagree. The winner of that series has won the title 5 years in a row. I doubt the inexperienced Wolves or the Kings (a.k.a. Choke Artists) can beat them. Also, the Lakers become only the 8th team to ever win a series, after going 0-2. Kobe and Shaq are the best 1-2 punch in the league, hopefully they will still be together next year, to get another one.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
You are getting a little carried away. The Pacers are alot better this year and in my opinion have a chance against the Lakers. Just because the winner of that series has gone on to win it all doesn't mean anything. I also think Minnesota can beat the Lakers. Don't forget they got Sam Cassell, Latrell Srewell, and that guy who's going to get that MVP Award too. I also have to say, this is the last year for these Lakers. I said it before but again: Kobe's leaving. GP needs more Playing Time so he's also out. Karl Malone will retire (in case you didn't know he is about 300). Shaq's toe is going to explode. The Lakers better win this year before it's too late.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Only The Knicks said:
You are getting a little carried away. The Pacers are alot better this year and in my opinion have a chance against the Lakers. Just because the winner of that series has gone on to win it all doesn't mean anything. I also think Minnesota can beat the Lakers. Don't forget they got Sam Cassell, Latrell Srewell, and that guy who's going to get that MVP Award too. I also have to say, this is the last year for these Lakers. I said it before but again: Kobe's leaving. GP needs more Playing Time so he's also out. Karl Malone will retire (in case you didn't know he is about 300). Shaq's toe is going to explode. The Lakers better win this year before it's too late.

I don't think I am getting ahead of myself. Did you see the Lakers play the last 4 games, they played better than any other team in the playoffs. All four players are playing great.

You think the Pacers can beat the Lakers. I think there is one problem with this...Shaq. Artest might be able to do a better job on Kobe than Bowen did, he couldn't do any worse. Also, they have to get by the Heat first, I am sorry, but of you are having this much trouble with the Heat, there is no way they will beat any of the remaining teams in the West. An Eastern team will not win again, at least not for many, many years. The West is stacked and the East is the JV league. The Pacers also have nothing to stop GP, he won't have to worry about stopping a Bibby, Parker, Francis, or Cassell, so he can go off on offense.

The Wolves don't have a chance against the Lakers. They also have no one for Shaq, they have about 5 or 6 players that they can throw at him, but within a few minutes they will be fouled out. Johnson is too old to guard him and Kandi is too soft. And last time the Wolves beat the Lakers, it was Malone's first game back and he did a decent job against him, at 100% he will do a great job of stunting his production.

The Kings can't stop the Lakers. Kobe will go off on them. Peja is having the worst two months of his career, he can barely buy a basket. Webber is the worst starting PF in the NBA. Vlade is old and Miller is a hot head that will get ejected all the time.

Name another team you think can stop the Lakers.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Only The Knicks said:
I said it before but again: Kobe's leaving. GP needs more Playing Time so he's also out. Karl Malone will retire (in case you didn't know he is about 300). Shaq's toe is going to explode. The Lakers better win this year before it's too late.

Also, you are very mistaken with this statement. The only Laker that will be leaving is Malone. He said this is probably it for him. Phil has said he is probably going to retire. So, why would GP or Kobe leave? Neither liked Phil's coaching style and with him gone playing time and the triangle won't be a problem. Gary's not going to want to go anywhere if the Lakers win it this year and Phil leaving will just be icing on the cake for him. Kobe has already told friends that he is staying a Laker. He knows the Lakers can offer him the most money too, so he isn't going anywhere. Shaq's toe? It's his knee that is screwed up, but some more getting in shape this summer and maybe even surgery will solve this. Shaq is back in great shape this year, so expect him to be in even better shape next year.

Lakers will win this year, but it won't be the last year. Under Scott (the leading candidate to replace Phil), the Lakers will at least win a few more over the next few years.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
What a series was this one was. Game 5 was classic.

I feel that:

Kobe will stay after this season
Malone may retire
Gary will only stay if we win a ring (he's happy now that we threw out the triangle)
Shaq's body is beginning to decline but he's still got a few years in him