The Beat on Thabeet

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
According to multiple sources close to the situation,
the Memphis Grizzlies will assign second overall draft pick Hasheem Thabeet to the D-League's Dakota Wizards, along with rookie guard Lester Hudson, on Friday. Ridiculous Upside

Decided to post this as we, the NYK, are suffering from Center separation anxiety.

Is Thabeet really that useless?

Even if he is, we could have used his length and 6 fouls to help Lee out.

Then there was this:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Grizzlies, according to NBA front-office sources, offered Thabeet and second-year guard O.J. Mayo to the Golden State Warriors for Warriors guard Monta Ellis before the Feb. 18 trade deadline but were turned down. ESPN.com[/FONT]

OJ Mayo as well! Jesus.

Paul1355

All Star

Decided to post this as we, the NYK, are suffering from Center separation anxiety.

Is Thabeet really that useless?

Even if he is, we could have used his length and 6 fouls to help Lee out.

Then there was this:

OJ Mayo as well! Jesus.

this is bad move by the Grizzlies...Thabeet needs to develop and they wasted a 1st overall 2nd pick and OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis? disgraceful...the Grizzies should be ashamed of themselves.

Mayo is a better SG in the long term than Ellis...Ellis is more of a scoring PG and the Grizzlies have Mike Conley already...i dont get this move.

We should pick up Thabeet somehow

No no no no!!! Don't do it ! Let them keep Thabust for them :). They ruined a #2 pick and they should pay for it, even if I like the Grizzlies, their management is aweful.

If you are interested in a big man, try to get Hamed Hadadi from the Grizzlies instead !! Problem will be that if they send Thabeet to the D-League, Hamed will get more minutes and will show that he is a decent player.

Btw, hi to everyone, I'm yet another spanish bandwagon fan. I always liked Sergio and follow the teams he is at. Actually I follow all the teams with a spanish player in the team. Some I like more.. some I like less. I really dislike the Blazers, probably because they didnt give Sergio many chances.

I don't mean that Sergio should be a starter in any team, but I think he is decent enough in order to play 15-20 mins daily in any team. That is why I dislike the Blazers and their coach :)

And beeing a Sergio bandwagon fan doesn't sound as bad as beeing a Lebron bandwagon next year, heheh.

Anyway, I'll keep on reading you even if I dont post much. And keep an eye on Hamed if you want someone tall and cheap with some skills. He's not an all-star but it is part of that low class underrated players that the Knicks need if they are investing their money in max contracts.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Thabeet could develop into a great shotblocker. We should consider acquiring him but only if we pick up a coach that can help him develop his defensive skills...